Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a question about the WiiU version of relaunched games; like Batman, ME3, NG3.

Is Batman the only one that's getting all the DLC included on disc? IIRC, ME3 gets some dlc and haven't bothered to check on NG3(probably won't buy this one)

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Here are some high quality pics of the black wii u... http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/34711/Wii+U+final%3A+galer%EDa+fotos+exclusivas/[/QUOTE]
Oh man, 6th photo says to note the two little feet along the right edge of the console. They're meant to keep you from standing up the console without the console stand.

Wonder how many people burned out their Wii by not using the stand when it was in the vertical position:roll:

[quote name='Drclaw411']Wow, it's really small. I'm wondering of the inevitable Wii U slim will even fit the discs lol[/QUOTE]
No need to slim something that's already tiny;)

This thread brings me the memories of the PS3 mayhem when it was released. When the mayhem was happening, I created a thread making fun of PS3 auctions on Ebay where some sellers posted pictures of themselves holding PS3 consoles or posted links to auctions where people were begging for a big offer since they had to pay college, feed the baby, pay bills, etc. I will do the same with the WiiU since I know it will happen all over again. Joy to the CAG community.

[quote name='209chromatic']So if you pre order from BBY theirs a chance you won't get your wii u on release date, just like those that pre order the iPhone 5.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully Best Buy isn't planning on getting their Wii U inventory from Apple.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Good luck with that. Toys R Us is probably at the bottom of my reliability list whe it comes to something that'll be scarce at release.[/QUOTE]

I learned from my mom reserving Donkey Kong 64 there....

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Here are some high quality pics of the black wii u... http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/34711/Wii+U+final%3A+galer%EDa+fotos+exclusivas/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the pics, finally some good pics of the black Wii U. This makes me feel a bit better about getting the black version. I've always liked white for nintendo consoles but I'm diggin the black on this one for some reason. Sleek looking little machine and will be king until PS4 or Next Xbox which is now expected no sooner than 2014. By the way, can anyone confirm the Wii U will have the blue light around the slot load that flashes when you receive a message? I'm thinking not because I've not seen any pics of it lit.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Thanks for the pics, finally some good pics of the black Wii U. This makes me feel a bit better about getting the black version. I've always liked white for nintendo consoles but I'm diggin the black on this one for some reason. Sleek looking little machine and will be king until PS4 or Next Xbox which is now expected no sooner than 2014. By the way, can anyone confirm the Wii U will have the blue light around the slot load that flashes when you receive a message? I'm thinking not because I've not seen any pics of it lit.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing about the blue light as well. It def was a nice touch on the Wii.

[quote name='rbarba4']Got a question about the WiiU version of relaunched games; like Batman, ME3, NG3.

Is Batman the only one that's getting all the DLC included on disc? IIRC, ME3 gets some dlc and haven't bothered to check on NG3(probably won't buy this one)[/QUOTE]

ME3 gets everything except for the one that just came out.

In case anyone is wondering, Wii component, s-video, and av composite cables will also work on wii u. These are all sold separately however since wii u comes with HDMI cable in the box.

Just looked at those pics of the black Wii U. That Gamepad is as big as the console!!

Best Buy charged my card $375 yesterday for the preorder I did last week. I was hoping they wouldn't actually take the money until November 18th. No big deal.

[quote name='therealdanhill']I wish they would have gone with concave analog sticks.[/QUOTE]

Historically, ALL of Nintendo's analog sticks have been convex. Except, for the 3DS, but it's technically not an analog stick, it's a "Circle Pad". But yeah I agree. Oh well, not really a major issue for me anyway.

[quote name='therealdeal19']Weird, Bestbuy just charged my credit card again for the Deluxe even though they removed the first authorization. I hope Bestbuy won't be randomly charging my card and then removing the charge. Amazon, PLEASE start taking preorders![/QUOTE]

I talked to a rep on the phone and they said that they cannot hold the money past 7 days, so the money will be released and then charged every week until launch. Please Amazon take my money!

[quote name='ps2emotions']
Sleek looking little machine and will be king until PS4 or Next Xbox which is now expected no sooner than 2014.
[/QUOTE]

I believe NextBox 720 will launch September 2013.
The voices inside my head have confirmed this.

I went in to an FYE today; they had no problem taking a preorder for a deluxe wii u. They weren't really advertising anywhere nor is it listed on their site. Go to your local one and give it a try in-store. They take a $50 deposit and then you can pick it up on the 18th. As far as reliability goes, I can't say much since I have no experience with them (yet).

[quote name='a123slonky']I talked to a rep on the phone and they said that they cannot hold the money past 7 days, so the money will be released and then charged every week until launch. Please Amazon take my money![/QUOTE]
Wow you would think BB could handle things better, they are such a horribly run outfit. I don't buy much there anymore at all.

Yeah, I'm getting super excited for this thing. I will be off from work on release weekend so I am really pumped. Picked up a 3DS XL yesterday to hold me over.. The 3D is better than I was expecting.

[quote name='x inFAMOUS x']I just got my check today, so tomorrow I will go pre order at Gamestop. I know a lot of people are looking down on the system, but day one for me.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure GS is sold out for both the deluxe and basic consoles. They are doing a wait list though with no deposit required.

[quote name='coopscohen']I'm pretty sure GS is sold out for both the deluxe and basic consoles. They are doing a wait list though with no deposit required.[/QUOTE]

FML, I guess I will go to best buy

[quote name='x inFAMOUS x']FML, I just notice on their website[/QUOTE]

Check your local BB or TRU, you may get lucky, other than that, May the Line be with you

[quote name=' optimistic bafoon']
It's okay people, Nintendo has/will have made more than enough to go around. There will be no demand or supply problems, because we all know not being in the news is good advertising, and Nintendo would never do that.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pessimistic reality']Ok, now get your head out of your rear and face reality[/QUOTE]

[quote name=' Rodney King']Can't we all just get along?[/QUOTE]

[quote name=' indecisive procrastinator ']AHHHH! I JUST SAT THERE AND STARED AT THE SCREEN FOR A WEEK AND ITS TOO LATE! WWWWWWAAAHHHHH!!![/QUOTE]

I think that sums up this thread

[quote name='b3b0p']They aren't sold out. Retailers do not know how many they will get, so they only took a very limited number of preorders.[/QUOTE]

So...they're sold out of their pre-orders.

[quote name='b3b0p']They aren't sold out. Retailers do not know how many they will get, so they only took a very limited number of preorders.[/QUOTE]
I guess Best Buy didn't use your logic for the iPhone 5 so what makes you think they did for the WiiU. I wouldn't bother waiting outside there on launch if you don't have a preorder.

Does the $140 that GS is offering for a slim PS3 seem like a good deal to anybody else? I haven't played my PS3 in a while and was trying to decide if this would be worth it or not for me. I only paid $200 for my PS3 to begin with and it came with LBP2 and Ratchet & Clank.

[quote name='Organ Donor']Does the $140 that GS is offering for a slim PS3 seem like a good deal to anybody else? I haven't played my PS3 in a while and was trying to decide if this would be worth it or not for me. I only paid $200 for my PS3 to begin with and it came with LBP2 and Ratchet & Clank.[/QUOTE]

I only payed $200 too....well technically $140 but I do not think that's a good idea. We still have titles like The Last of Us and were getting a LOT of collection titles. I'd say keep it. The Wii u won't have a million titles during launch year.

[quote name='Linkgx1']I only payed $200 too....well technically $140 but I do not think that's a good idea. We still have titles like The Last of Us and were getting a LOT of collection titles. I'd say keep it. The Wii u won't have a million titles during launch year.[/QUOTE]

Good point. I know I'll end up keeping it, I just feel like I'm neglecting it since I never play it anymore.

[quote name='Organ Donor']Does the $140 that GS is offering for a slim PS3 seem like a good deal to anybody else? I haven't played my PS3 in a while and was trying to decide if this would be worth it or not for me. I only paid $200 for my PS3 to begin with and it came with LBP2 and Ratchet & Clank.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt. The PS3 has so many awesome exclusives.

[quote name='lordopus99']I guess Best Buy didn't use your logic for the iPhone 5 so what makes you think they did for the WiiU. I wouldn't bother waiting outside there on launch if you don't have a preorder.[/QUOTE]

The number they took for preorders was probably substantially less than what they expect to receive and so they can safely do this. I'm sure there are some behind the scenes things going on, but Nintendo does not know how many they can make by the launch date. The iPhone 5 was basically done, ready to be shipped, nearly sitting in a warehouse ready for you. The Wii U is not. Different scenarios.

[quote name='b3b0p']The number they took for preorders was probably substantially less than what they expect to receive and so they can safely do this. I'm sure there are some behind the scenes things going on, but Nintendo does not know how many they can make by the launch date. The iPhone 5 was basically done, ready to be shipped, nearly sitting in a warehouse ready for you. The Wii U is not. Different scenarios.[/QUOTE]

The Wii U is under two months from release. Production has very likely started some time ago, and Nintendo can very easily determine how many units they will have ready for launch by now. People act like the launch is so far off, when it's relatively right around the corner.

[quote name='Organ Donor']Good point. I know I'll end up keeping it, I just feel like I'm neglecting it since I never play it anymore.[/QUOTE]

Lol I stopped playing it after completing mgs4. But my 360 has been neglected too. I was thinking about selling it too.... But last of us makes me think twice! Every console I've ever sold I have regretted at some point.

[quote name='Kitoro']The Wii U is under two months from release. Production has very likely started some time ago, and Nintendo can very easily determine how many units they will have ready for launch by now. People act like the launch is so far off, when it's relatively right around the corner.[/QUOTE]

But weren't there reports of possible manufacturing issues?

[quote name='b3b0p']The number they took for preorders was probably substantially less than what they expect to receive and so they can safely do this. I'm sure there are some behind the scenes things going on, but Nintendo does not know how many they can make by the launch date. The iPhone 5 was basically done, ready to be shipped, nearly sitting in a warehouse ready for you. The Wii U is not. Different scenarios.[/QUOTE]

Highly doubtful. This same thing occurred with the Wii and it was on backorder after release for months on end. I would not expect Amazon nor Newegg to be selling pre orders after it has been sold out everywhere now. I think the only likelihood you will see pre orders start popping up again, is for bundles and/or sometime in October if they can ramp up production. However, highly unlikely.

I like how Furby made Walmarts top toy list at #1 and Wii U and iPhone 5 were left off entirely. Maybe they don't consider them "toys", but it terms of what that list is supposed to mean, I would think they'd be #1 and #2 respectively.

There's no evidence that the Wii U will have a production shortage. The Wii shortage was due to an underestimation of demand. Once they realized the demand was so high there was a chip shortage. It's very likely people will be able to walk into a store and buy a Wii U within a week of release.

It seems some people have only been paying attention to console releases this last generation, and think that having to wait for months to get your console is the norm. It's actually been quite rare, historically.

[quote name='unclenebber']There's no evidence that the Wii U will have a production shortage. The Wii shortage was due to an underestimation of demand. Once they realized the demand was so high there was a chip shortage. It's very likely people will be able to walk into a store and buy a Wii U within a week of release.

It seems some people have only been paying attention to console releases this last generation, and think that having to wait for months to get your console is the norm. It's actually been quite rare, historically.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you're talking about, but the 360 and the PS2 were both difficult to find for at least the first holiday season of release. There's also no evidence Nintendo will overproduce and given the demand already, it seems as though it will be hard to find for a while, especially since it's a little too close to release to massively ramp up production for launch.

[quote name='unclenebber']There's no evidence that the Wii U will have a production shortage. The Wii shortage was due to an underestimation of demand. Once they realized the demand was so high there was a chip shortage. It's very likely people will be able to walk into a store and buy a Wii U within a week of release.

It seems some people have only been paying attention to console releases this last generation, and think that having to wait for months to get your console is the norm. It's actually been quite rare, historically.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo has already said that they are having a tough time making enough tablets, hence why they aren't selling extra tablets right now in the states since they need as many as possible to pair up with consoles. There is you evidence.

[quote name='bojay1997']Not sure what you're talking about, but the 360 and the PS2 were both difficult to find for at least the first holiday season of release. There's also no evidence Nintendo will overproduce and given the demand already, it seems as though it will be hard to find for a while, especially since it's a little too close to release to massively ramp up production for launch.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I dont know from before NES but from NES to PS1 there was really no problem getting a system. PS2 came out and if you didnt preorder it you were out of luck. Ever since then all the scummy flippers see how much PS2s were going for so they try to buy as many as they can, which causes the "shortage". So since the PS2 it pretty much is the norm for them to be hard to come buy at MSRP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back