Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tomwaits1']And Nintendo makes the most reliable/durable consoles.
[/QUOTE]
No they don't, the Wii launched with awful problems.

One Nintendo even knew about beforehand. The cooling element wasn't properly applied to the motherboard but they still went ahead and let that whole shipment enter the retail world.

After a while you had all the Wii owners who used the system regularly or left their Wii's on to get messages getting weird pixelated patterns on their TV's.

Then you had the fan problems where the first set they used were so low quality that the bearings were seizing up and making them sound like lawnmowers.

Oh yeah and the way the 3DS launched with entire shipments having the yellow screen problem.

Getting a Nintendo console/hardware does not mean it'll be worry free.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']No they don't, the Wii launched with awful problems.

One Nintendo even knew about beforehand. The cooling element wasn't properly applied to the motherboard but they still went ahead and let that whole shipment enter the retail world.

After a while you had all the Wii owners who used the system regularly or left their Wii's on to get messages getting weird pixelated patterns on their TV's.

Then you had the fan problems where the first set they used were so low quality that the bearings were seizing up and making them sound like lawnmowers.

Oh yeah and the way the 3DS launched with entire shipments having the yellow screen problem.

Getting a Nintendo console/hardware does not mean it'll be worry free.[/QUOTE]

Every piece of hardware will have failure rates. And people complain the loudest about failures. I don't remember seeing anything about the wii having higher than usual defect rates. Or the 3DS.

Electronics have failures. That's what return policies and warranties are for.

I bet you someone will report issues with the iphone5 in 5..4..3...2....

[quote name='Belarr']Launch-era Xbox 360's, that is all.[/QUOTE]

I got the RROD too. Penny tricked it for a few months then got a jasper. Good times!

[quote name='bahgee']Just got a cancellation notice from Target - email says there was a problem with your order. They are not open until 11AM CST for me to find out why. It was for the deluxe.[/QUOTE]

And so it begins...

[quote name='unclenebber']There's no evidence that the Wii U will have a production shortage. The Wii shortage was due to an underestimation of demand. Once they realized the demand was so high there was a chip shortage. It's very likely people will be able to walk into a store and buy a Wii U within a week of release.

It seems some people have only been paying attention to console releases this last generation, and think that having to wait for months to get your console is the norm. It's actually been quite rare, historically.[/QUOTE]

All last generation consoles where sold out day one with very few restocks thereafter. I waited in line for 72 hours for the PS3, 24 hours for Wii and 24 hours for 360. PS3's launch was the worst causing mass hysteria with people even getting injured. Last generation releases is a perfect example of why there will be mass shortages everywhere and the eBay scalpers will prevail and line their pockets with cash. People will start buying these consoles at an ungodly price. Wii U's launch will be a memorable one just like the other two contenders. When pre orders begin, get off your lazy butt and pre order ASAP. If you don't, get on eBay, there will be plenty of pre orders for you available there.:)

[quote name='JAlbertL']So if you haven't put down a preorder for a Deluxe what's your best bet of scoring one launch day? I preordered the Basic but want the Deluxe.[/QUOTE]

As already mentioned, you can get in line at one of the big stores for release day.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same stores keep just a handful of consoles for black friday as well. Considering how they are always looking for doorbusters to make them the place to go, I would expect a few Wii U to be held a week or so for Black Friday. So you may have 2 shots at sleeping out for a console.

I hadn't seen it mentioned here but regarding the Gamestop wait list:

"Those on the wait list cannot put money down on a console, may reserve no more than two Wii U systems, and must pay for the system in full within 48 hours of being notified of its availability. To top it off, all registrations for the wait list are done in-person at any GameStop location."

Yeah, so I paid off my deluxe WiiU and white Pro Controller (because I'm such a rebel) at Gamestop. Silly people not getting to stores on time. Have fun waiting around or waiting at Ebay.

[quote name='tomwaits1']And Nintendo makes the most reliable/durable consoles.
[/QUOTE]

Source? Have you compared both 3DS's reliability and durability against something like .. a Vita? Because they have a pretty mediocre built quality.
Nintendo having the most reliable consoles is just a thing of the past by now.

[quote name='lifebenders']Source? Have you compared both 3DS's reliability and durability against something like .. a Vita? Because they have a pretty mediocre built quality.
Nintendo having the most reliable consoles is just a thing of the past by now.[/QUOTE]

havent compared the 3ds to anything but the wii was by far the most reliable of the big three(yes it wasnt AS reliable as the GC). the GC is quite frankly amazingly durable. the old gameboys are legendary in durablity.

so one portable console(the 3ds) supposedly being unreliable does not count

and regardless nintendo systems have failed the least this past gen anyway so

[quote name='Linkgx1']I'm just keepin' it real.[/QUOTE]

hmm, that would entail that you not only know every COD player, but also have viewed there anatomy lol

[quote name='Xuchilbara']hmm, that would entail that you not only know every COD player, but also have viewed there anatomy lol[/QUOTE]

It's a tough job but somebody has to do it.

[quote name='Belarr']Launch-era Xbox 360's, that is all.[/QUOTE]

Launch-era? Hell, I got the fancy new "Elite" when it came out (what, 2 years after the 360 launch?) and it was supposedly RROD-free. Nope - mine died about a year later.

[quote name='Gareee']Our Wii did die on us last fal.. the repair cost was $100 at that time, plus of course shipping it to them. That was still cheaper than replacing it at that point in time though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my launch Wii ended up getting corrupt system memory and while they fixed it under warranty (even though it was a couple years after we bought it), we lost all those uncopyable locked saves (for Animal Crossing, Brawl, etc). I never played another game with an uncopyable save after that. So that is one of my big questions about the Wii U that I have not seen answered yet - can we back up any and all saves or are they going to do that lame-ass save locking again?

[quote name='jpatern']
I wouldn't be surprised if the same stores keep just a handful of consoles for black friday as well. Considering how they are always looking for doorbusters to make them the place to go, I would expect a few Wii U to be held a week or so for Black Friday. So you may have 2 shots at sleeping out for a console.[/QUOTE]

While I am sure you are right, I think this is a big mistake. They ought to put them out there on the system launch day to make as many people who are lining up just for the Wii U able to get one. Giving 4 or 5 systems to the first people in a line of 500 on Black Friday almost surely means they are going to resellers. And really, 4 or 5 systems when so many people line up on BF for so many other things is not going to get a lot more people to show up.

I've given up entirely on B&M stores on BF. The deals are so limited and in the long run not all that great (cheap laptops, even cheaper TVs, etc) that I don't see the point any more. I got much better deals sitting at my computer and hitting up Amazon, etc with WAY less hassle.

[quote name='El Rey']I hadn't seen it mentioned here but regarding the Gamestop wait list:

"Those on the wait list cannot put money down on a console, may reserve no more than two Wii U systems, and must pay for the system in full within 48 hours of being notified of its availability. To top it off, all registrations for the wait list are done in-person at any GameStop location."[/QUOTE]

The 48 hours is the same even if you preorder.

Somehow I entirely missed the hoopla about the WiiU pre-orders starting (other than getting the email from Amazon) and I remain entirely blah about the whole situation. I think there's a lot of potential in the system and I wouldn't mind having a Deluxe safely on pre-order, but when I take a step back, there's not a lot at launch (or in the launch window) that I really care about.

I guess it makes me a bit of an addict when I still would jump on a pre-order if I came across one that was from a reputable place that didn't require any goofy bundles. (I don't know if I consider Toys R Us reputable ;) )

Had been out of town for a training class for my job, and missed out at pre-ordering at the gamestop that I regularly frequent. Went in to pickup TTT2 that I had pre-ordered and one of the workers that I have known now for a few years, lets me know that he had tried to get a hold of me when the Wii U pre-orders went live and could not get a hold of me, so he went ahead and put a deposit on a deluxe Wii U for me. Thanks go out to W. for the hook up and always holding things that he thinks I would be interested in.

Any retailers say for sure if there will be consoles provided for lineups at launch? Didn't pay attention to preorder talk so that seems to be my best option now.

Just pre-ordered a basic console at Nintendo World. They only have basic pre-orders left and I decided to pick one up because I know I will have family members scrambling and calling me near launch trying to find one.

[quote name='bahgee']Just got a cancellation notice from Target - email says there was a problem with your order. They are not open until 11AM CST for me to find out why. It was for the deluxe.[/QUOTE]Damn dude. This happened to me once, it was because I ordered something but forgot I deactivated the debit card used with the purchase. At least Amazon gives you a couple days to fix it, they don't outright cancel it.

I would be pissed beyond belief, Everyone working for the Target corporation would know my name and number for the rest of their lives.

That's why I put money down with cash.

Anyways, what are the chances that the Wii U version of Assassin's Creed 3 goes on sale on Black Friday like the PS3 and 360 versions obviously will? I'm honestly counting on it.

[quote name='KingBroly']Because the Assassin's Creed games always go on sale on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

this is accurate they are always at least $40 maybe even $35 on some occasions

Regarding the reliability of game consoles. I own and have sold 100's of gaming consoles and the only ones I've had problems with is the original 360 consoles. Actually I had 3 of those break on me within a 2 year period of time. My reach slim 360 is still going strong (knock on wood) which came out in 2010. My PS2 from jan 2002 has tons of hours racked up on it and still works perfect. Only problem I had was I had to replace that little plastic laser guide gear. My original NES from 1988 still works. Nintendo consoles seems to be better built and simpler in design so I assume the Wii U will be a very reliable system. It never bothers me to purchase an nintendo launch unit because they put so much thought into the design it's pretty much a sure bet it will be going years down the road. On a different note, those who don't think the Wii U will be in short supply needs to realize that there are probably at most a million consoles on hand at launch (I've read 400,000 which is ridiculously low) and even at that number you will have 10 million people wanting one. So I estimate conservatively that 1 in 10 might get a Wii U who wants one at best. It's going to be latest greatest console for probably close to 2 years so you know people will not care to spend their hard earned money on an nintendo console that does seem to be truly revolutionary.

[quote name='Deader2818']So with my pre-order for AC3, if it goes on sale on black friday ill get the price adjustment?[/QUOTE]

If I remember right, you can't PM or get price adjustments from most retailers on BF. You're better off waiting if you think that it will be on sale that day.

I remember last year on BF at BB I got Dead Island for free because the cashier forgot to ring it up. I didn't notice until checking my receipt about a month later.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I remember last year on BF at BB I got Dead Island for free because the cashier forgot to ring it up. I didn't notice until checking my receipt about a month later.[/QUOTE]

Or the register didn't scan the barcode.

Reliability: Nothing will last as long as the cartridge based consoles. Anything with moving parts such as hard disk or ROM drive will stop working eventually.

[quote name='b3b0p']Reliability: Nothing will last as long as the cartridge based consoles. Anything with moving parts such as hard disk or ROM drive will stop working eventually.[/QUOTE]

While I agree, the nice thing about discs/digital distribution is that the media format itself fails way less often than cartridges. While I don't have to worry about my NES getting the "Red Ring of Death", I have to blow the cartridges and jiggle them sometimes upward of 10 times before it works, by then I often lose interest. Today's digital equivalent is firing up a game and waiting for a large system/game update to download. Kills whatever excitement you had going for playing the game.

And yes, I know that you can still scratch your discs and stuff, but if you take care of them by simply putting them back in the box when you're done, you should always be OK.

Another frustrating thing about the NES is if you would finally get the cartridge to work, only to have it glitch out half an hour into the game.

Anyway, my point is that while a lot has changed since then, there have always been problems with game consoles' hardware reliability. With that said, also realize that modern game consoles are basically PC's (especially the Xbox), and sometimes fail inexplicably like PC's.

However, with the price of SSD's dropping fast and hardware becoming more efficient, expect to see a future with solid state storage and no need for fans or internal cooling. Also, everything digital, so no disk drive either. Then, there will truly be no moving parts and become more reliable. If you want a current day example, take a look at your smartphone/tablet.

[quote name='henry00x']this is accurate they are always at least $40 maybe even $35 on some occasions[/QUOTE]

last black friday assassin's creed revelations was $29.99 at bestbuy and it has just came out a week or 2 before

[quote name='thebytewasbit']I remember last year on BF at BB I got Dead Island for free because the cashier forgot to ring it up. I didn't notice until checking my receipt about a month later.[/QUOTE]

that happens very often for me at bestbuy, especially if you buy a lot of stuff at once they get confused..

a couple times i decided i didn't want something and tell the cashier to put it back and they end up accidently adding it to my bag

[quote name='Sonic2k2']You guys think the basic console will get/be limited and sell out?[/QUOTE]

Through Christmas for sure, yeah.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']It's an Ubisoft game...it'll be $15 the day after it's released.[/QUOTE]

$15.99. Don't get people's hopes up. Get it straight. Geez.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Regarding the reliability of game consoles. I own and have sold 100's of gaming consoles and the only ones I've had problems with is the original 360 consoles. Actually I had 3 of those break on me within a 2 year period of time. My reach slim 360 is still going strong (knock on wood) which came out in 2010. My PS2 from jan 2002 has tons of hours racked up on it and still works perfect. Only problem I had was I had to replace that little plastic laser guide gear. My original NES from 1988 still works. Nintendo consoles seems to be better built and simpler in design so I assume the Wii U will be a very reliable system. It never bothers me to purchase an nintendo launch unit because they put so much thought into the design it's pretty much a sure bet it will be going years down the road. On a different note, those who don't think the Wii U will be in short supply needs to realize that there are probably at most a million consoles on hand at launch (I've read 400,000 which is ridiculously low) and even at that number you will have 10 million people wanting one. So I estimate conservatively that 1 in 10 might get a Wii U who wants one at best. It's going to be latest greatest console for probably close to 2 years so you know people will not care to spend their hard earned money on an nintendo console that does seem to be truly revolutionary.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that the big N's customer service is top notch! They are more than happy to help. If I could only say the same about turtle beach and PNY....

I just went to my local Walmart and I asked if I still could preorder the Wii U and they said that they dont do preorders that will have it available on launch day. Could this mean in launch day I could go and find one? My local Walmart is always open 24/7 so will they sell it on midnight? How much early should I be on the store?

I work in electronics at walmart, they didnt even know it was coming out, and no they dont do preorders for it at all, thats why i preordered my deluxe wii u at gamestop day 1. also got mario, scribblenauts, pikmin 3, black ops 2, and zombiu. cant wait for launch

[quote name='MakiManPR']I just went to my local Walmart and I asked if I still could preorder the Wii U and they said that they dont do preorders that will have it available on launch day. Could this mean in launch day I could go and find one? My local Walmart is always open 24/7 so will they sell it on midnight? How much early should I be on the store?[/QUOTE]

In the past Wal-Mart hasn't done Midnight releases...instead they tend to wait until later in the morning to launch. I'm not saying that will be the case this time, and I'm not 100% sure what the rationale behind their launch time is, but that's what I've observed in the past. And, knowing Wal-Mart, details are VERY likely to change store to store unless they put a specific time in their flyer.

Thanks for that! I will be on the store since the 17th morning. Now I dont need to sell my gaming laptop to buy a overpriced one on eBay. I will ask for those two days(17th & 18th) off on my work since today. I've seen videos of the Wii launch lately and wow those were BIG lines.

[quote name='MakiManPR']Thanks for that! I will be on the store since the 17th morning. Now I dont need to sell my gaming laptop to buy a overpriced one on eBay. I will ask for those two days(17th & 18th) off on my work since today. I've seen videos of the Wii launch lately and wow those were BIG lines.[/QUOTE]

I don't see the wii u being nearly as big. Nintendo hasn't been doing a big marketing push. Right now the biggest driving forces are word of mouth and signs saying that preorders for the console are closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back