Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='b3b0p']Reliability: Nothing will last as long as the cartridge based consoles. Anything with moving parts such as hard disk or ROM drive will stop working eventually.[/QUOTE]

The consoles? Yes. The games? No.

Catridge save batteries will run out and have to be replaced, and might even suicide all over the game board. Plus the contact pins will eventually corode/wear away from normal use. Disc media can theoretically last forever (barring manufacturing defects), even if the original hardware is toast.

I've pulled new carts out of factory sealed Atari 2600 boxes with contact pins that were already decaying. You can minimize it with temperature/moisture/etc. control but it'll happen eventually.

[quote name='Byakurai']I don't see the wii u being nearly as big. Nintendo hasn't been doing a big marketing push. Right now the biggest driving forces are word of mouth and signs saying that preorders for the console are closed.[/QUOTE]

Thats what (IMO) makes it bigger that the Wii already. Nintendo hasnt even show a single ad of it and yet the preorders are over EVERYWHERE.

[quote name='MakiManPR'][/B]

Thats what (IMO) makes it bigger that the Wii already. Nintendo hasnt even show a single ad of it and yet the preorders are over EVERYWHERE.[/QUOTE]

The pre-orders are sold out to the gaming board members, a limited market. Look how the 3DS did at launch and then quickly trailed off before the price slash. The holidays will sell out as well. Then you'll have a $300 or $350 system sitting on store shelves in Feb. The Wii was almost impossible to find for 2 years b/c it was $250 and came with Wii Sports and probably lots of Wii owners never bought another game. I just don't see that happening with this console at the current price and configuration. Guess we'll see next year.

When I went to pay some on my wiiu preorder at gamestop they told me that their store was only getting 6 wiiu's to preorder. Sounds like a very limited run to me. They didn't mention if it was 6 deluxes (like I have ordered) or 6 all together though.

[quote name='rjejr']The pre-orders are sold out to the gaming board members, a limited market. Look how the 3DS did at launch and then quickly trailed off before the price slash. The holidays will sell out as well. Then you'll have a $300 or $350 system sitting on store shelves in Feb. The Wii was almost impossible to find for 2 years b/c it was $250 and came with Wii Sports and probably lots of Wii owners never bought another game. I just don't see that happening with this console at the current price and configuration. Guess we'll see next year.[/QUOTE]

With the way people buy gadgets today I see the Wii U being a big success and it's in a field all of it's own even more so than the Wii was when it launched. A gaming system that comes with a tablet touchscreen controller that allows you to do more than just gaming will prove revolutionary in my opinion. The wii was cool and all but the wii u takes it all to the next level opening up so many possibilities in gaming. I don't think they will be able to produce enough of these things until maybe feb or march 2013. Finding one on shelves before xmas is going to be like finding a ps3 in microsoft game studios.

[quote name='AutoPilotOff']When I went to pay some on my wiiu preorder at gamestop they told me that their store was only getting 6 wiiu's to preorder. Sounds like a very limited run to me. They didn't mention if it was 6 deluxes (like I have ordered) or 6 all together though.[/QUOTE]

It could be this, it could be that corporate has only told them to only allow that many pre-orders no matter how many they're actually getting. News stations showing lines down the street outside of your store makes for a lot better press than no lines at all, because all the systems are pre-ordered and everyone is casually coming in Sunday morning to pick up their console.

[quote name='KanYozakura']The consoles? Yes. The games? No.

Catridge save batteries will run out and have to be replaced, and might even suicide all over the game board. Plus the contact pins will eventually corode/wear away from normal use. Disc media can theoretically last forever (barring manufacturing defects), even if the original hardware is toast.

I've pulled new carts out of factory sealed Atari 2600 boxes with contact pins that were already decaying. You can minimize it with temperature/moisture/etc. control but it'll happen eventually.[/QUOTE]

Two words:

Contact. Cleaner.

[quote name='rjejr']The Wii was almost impossible to find for 2 years b/c it was $250 and came with Wii Sports and probably lots of Wii owners never bought another game.[/QUOTE]

The Wii came out in 2006. $250 in 2006 is at least $300 due to inflation now. I will give you that I don't think there's a kill app like Wii Sports, but there still might be a perception that there will be and a lot of surprised owners wondering where their free pack in game is on Christmas.

[quote name='vcplant']The Wii came out in 2006. $250 in 2006 is at least $300 due to inflation now. I will give you that I don't think there's a kill app like Wii Sports, but there still might be a perception that there will be and a lot of surprised owners wondering where their free pack in game is on Christmas.[/QUOTE]

inflation of 20%? hmmm, for some reason i doubt that.

[quote name='vcplant']The Wii came out in 2006. $250 in 2006 is at least $300 due to inflation now. I will give you that I don't think there's a kill app like Wii Sports, but there still might be a perception that there will be and a lot of surprised owners wondering where their free pack in game is on Christmas.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']inflation of 20%? hmmm, for some reason i doubt that.[/QUOTE]

20% over 6 years is around 3.33% per year.. the average is usually around 2%.. so he's a little off.

according to some websites $250 in 2006 is an estimated $284.41 in 2012, which sounds more reasonable to me, but still close to what he said.

http://www.davemanuel.com/inflation-calculator.php

I think I figured out my launch backup plan.

Keep my best buy deluxe preorder and for some reason I don't have the funds then to buy it then i'll get to KMart early and try to put one on layaway. I figured KMart SHOULD get at least 1 or 2 systems per store. Obviously no where near best buy or Walmart quantities.

2006 3.2
2007 2.8
2008 3.8
2009 -0.4
2010 1.6
2011 3.2
2012 2.2

Not really that far off. 16.4% vs 20%. And Nintendo was trying to undercut the PS3/360 prices then, unlike now when there's no competition and they can do the magical $300 pricepoint Sony and Microsoft has used int he past. Wouldn't surprice me if the base 720/PS4 units are $400.

[quote name='vcplant']2006 3.2
2007 2.8
2008 3.8
2009 -0.4
2010 1.6
2011 3.2
2012 2.2

Not really that far off. 16.4% vs 20%. And Nintendo was trying to undercut the PS3/360 prices then, unlike now when there's no competition and they can do the magical $300 pricepoint Sony and Microsoft has used int he past. Wouldn't surprice me if the base 720/PS4 units are $400.[/QUOTE]

If the PS4 were PS2 backward-compatible, I'd buy it for 699 US dollars.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']inflation of 20%? hmmm, for some reason i doubt that.[/QUOTE]

Have you gone to buy groceries lately? Most grocery items have increased 50% over the last year.

Seriously, what the heck are you guys even talking about at this point? Is it going to be successful? Who knows. If you determine success to mean that preorders (to which this thread is addressed) are sold out everywhere, then yes it will be successful. 90% of this thread is conjecture and hating.

[quote name='SteveGo']I just got an e-mail from Play-Asia about their Wii U pre-orders. Basically you get on a reservation list right now, and then when pre-orders start, they'll let people on the reservation list make a pre-order. Here is the page for the Wii U Deluxe (US Version):

http://www.play-asia.com/Nintendo_Wii_U_Deluxe_Set_32GB_Black/paOS-13-71-1ak-49-en-70-5dup.html[/QUOTE]

Can only imagine what they will charge for it, as much as Ebay and Amazon Scalpers from past experience.

[quote name='bgame2']Seriously, what the heck are you guys even talking about at this point? Is it going to be successful? Who knows. If you determine success to mean that preorders (to which this thread is addressed) are sold out everywhere, then yes it will be successful. 90% of this thread is conjecture and hating.[/QUOTE]

we are talking about why pancakes are so expensive damnit!!!!

[quote name='MakiManPR']Wii U Basic Package Back In Stock At Toys R US In Bundle For $419 http://$$$$$$$/6lz8u[/QUOTE]

that isnt the basic package but a whole other bundle that comes with two games

[quote name='DarkSageRK']If the PS4 were PS2 backward-compatible, I'd buy it for 699 US dollars.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't pay $699, but I'd debate $500 at launch if it was backwards compatible with all PS systems. It'd be a day one sale if it up-rezed PS3 and PS2 games or played older games at 60fps (if the game doesn't have vsync enabled). As long as they state that up-rezing the games may not be stable/play at your own risk, no one could really complain and it'd really make a bunch of games shine, even if it introduced clipping issues and blurry textures in some games. I really doubt the PS4 will play PS3 games, though. The cell processor is too weird to program for, and it's almost guaranteed they're going for a more traditional ARM based processor or modified x86 processor this time around. There's not much of a reason to build your own processor these days, COTS processors are good and cheap without having to recreate the wheel.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Have you gone to buy groceries lately? Most grocery items have increased 50% over the last year.[/QUOTE]

I hear you, man, and I follow it also..but.....I come to you as an errand of mercy, DO NOT get into stuff like that here. Easy to get in waaayy too deep for this site. If anything stick it on the political section.

Don't get politics in my games, plz(looking at you, game devs)

Toys R Us has some of the Wii U games for 20% off with free shipping if you buy $150 worth of them. Mario being the most notable.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Have you gone to buy groceries lately? Most grocery items have increased 50% over the last year.[/QUOTE]

50%! You're out of your mind. Even alarmist partisans don't toss around numbers beyond 10% (which is high enough, no need to make up numbers).

LOL. Groceries haven't even come close to rising 50% over the last year.

Not even close.

I've noticed Milk go down actually, but somehow cheese has gone up about 20 cents for 2 cups.

Ground beef has gone up, bread has gone down.

I do shop at Wal-Mart, though...

[quote name='DarkSageRK']If the PS4 were PS2 backward-compatible, I'd buy it for 699 US dollars.[/QUOTE] Yea because PS2's are so expensive/hard to find..

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']That's why I stick to Walmart's store brand![/QUOTE]

Actually Walmart lube as you exit the store. Bonus!

When the 360 launched at walmart (24 hour) the line started about 5pm and me and my friend got there roughly 5 and we were the 5th person in line. then at 10pm they brought out chairs, 20 chairs for the system with hdd, basically who ever got a chair got a hdd system, so it was a free for all there, complete bullshit i f you ask me that we waited for hours to get a system only if were able to get a chair you will get a system. So, all walmarts works different....that's my horror walmart story, and after you paid for your system you had to be walked out to your car by police.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I'm over the PS2 issue. I still have a 60GB PS3 and I never use it for older games. They look like such trash now, they're unplayable.[/QUOTE]

This. Well, except for the generalization that all pS2 games look like trash and are unplayable.

I bought my PS3 back in 2008 when MGS4 launched, I specifically waited 4 extra months for the 80GB bundle to come out since it was backwards compatible. Wanna guess how many times I've used it? A handful of times over the first 6 months since all I had was PS2 games, MGS4 & SCIV. In fact, I don't think I've used it at all over the past two years. Most of the good games from that era are either in HD Collections or are on PSN. It's a non-issue now, and I don't think I'll ever care again if a next-gen system has this or not.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I've noticed Milk go down actually, but somehow cheese has gone up about 20 cents for 2 cups.

Ground beef has gone up, bread has gone down.

I do shop at Wal-Mart, though...[/QUOTE]

In that case, the fluctuations are due to how much dirt and grime the burger has been exposed to. A moderate amount of Walmart dirt in your burger is going to cost more than what they deem an excessive amount.

[quote name='PlayableMoogle']In that case, the fluctuations are due to how much dirt and grime the burger has been exposed to. A moderate amount of Walmart dirt in your burger is going to cost more than what they deem an excessive amount.[/QUOTE]

I won't ask why the milk has gone up a dime, then...:hot:

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']That's why I stick to Walmart's store brand![/QUOTE]

generic brands suck ( i use the target brand myself). it wears off way too quickly and you have to use too much.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']generic brands suck ( i use the target brand myself). it wears off way too quickly and you have to use too much.[/QUOTE]

fun fact....store brands are merely 95% identical to name brands. for instance take a soda maybe this batch has slightly less sugar. or this bread is slightly less fresh. but even then half the time it isnt and it is merely psychological we associate wal mart brand with being for the poor and cheap and thus being "bad" but now the name brand bread we associate with freshness and being great. but they very likely came out of the same factor.

[quote name='KRONUS EGGPLANT']When the 360 launched at walmart (24 hour) the line started about 5pm and me and my friend got there roughly 5 and we were the 5th person in line. then at 10pm they brought out chairs, 20 chairs for the system with hdd, basically who ever got a chair got a hdd system, so it was a free for all there, complete bullshit i f you ask me that we waited for hours to get a system only if were able to get a chair you will get a system. So, all walmarts works different....that's my horror walmart story, and after you paid for your system you had to be walked out to your car by police.[/QUOTE]

This is just asking to get sued as soon as someone gets hurt.

I wonder who was the genius who thought that one up.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Damn dude. This happened to me once, it was because I ordered something but forgot I deactivated the debit card used with the purchase. At least Amazon gives you a couple days to fix it, they don't outright cancel it.

I would be pissed beyond belief, Everyone working for the Target corporation would know my name and number for the rest of their lives.[/QUOTE]

Oh man! Friggin Target. I called and they told me the order was cancelled due to payment failure and no one I spoke to knew what the heck that meant. I used my Target CC that i always use on-line - never had a problem - until this order. They said they couldn't reinstate my order or change the billing info.

[quote name='marioman']Yea because PS2's are so expensive/hard to find..[/QUOTE]

Sony Style still has them. I bought one a few weeks ago for $99.99.

For some reason they are $149.99 now though. I checked because mine was stolen with my car 3 days ago. So, now I want another.

My PS3 60 GB I don't trust to last and I already had it fixed once for $180 I think from Sony.

[quote name='kayne2000']fun fact....store brands are merely 95% identical to name brands. for instance take a soda maybe this batch has slightly less sugar. or this bread is slightly less fresh. but even then half the time it isnt and it is merely psychological we associate wal mart brand with being for the poor and cheap and thus being "bad" but now the name brand bread we associate with freshness and being great. but they very likely came out of the same factor.[/QUOTE]
First of all if you buy bread from a factory, I feel sorry for you. I get bread from a bakery or from a store that sells bakery bread, its baked daily and has less crap in it. Also it really does not cost more than garbage packaged breads. What you are saying is pathetic, fresh bread is fresh, good bread is good it has nothing to with store brands and name brands. As a matter of fact most stores now have there own bakery including some Walmarts. So I'm going to have to call Bullshit on your little argument.

[quote name='tightclaws']First of all if you buy bread from a factory, I feel sorry for you. I get bread from a bakery or from a store that sells bakery bread, its baked daily and has less crap in it. Also it really does not cost more than garbage packaged breads. What you are saying is pathetic, fresh bread is fresh, good bread is good it has nothing to with store brands and name brands. As a matter of fact most stores now have there own bakery including some Walmarts. So I'm going to have to call Bullshit on your little argument.[/QUOTE]

images

[quote name='tightclaws']First of all if you buy bread from a factory, I feel sorry for you. I get bread from a bakery or from a store that sells bakery bread, its baked daily and has less crap in it. Also it really does not cost more than garbage packaged breads. What you are saying is pathetic, fresh bread is fresh, good bread is good it has nothing to with store brands and name brands. As a matter of fact most stores now have there own bakery including some Walmarts. So I'm going to have to call Bullshit on your little argument.[/QUOTE]

bread was merely the analogy i used you could use it for any grocery store item.

and i worked at a grocery store for far too many years. im well aware of where our store brand food came from.

beleive what you want but our store brand stuff was came from the exact same factory as name brand stuff. in some cases it was the exact same item with no changes at all. just people will see name brand and pay the extra money because people are suckers and it is all psychological....ooo the sony tv must be better than the wal mart brand or best buys brand despite the fact i have had an insignia tv that works just as well as the samsung tv both are probably from the same factory in china. again its all psychological and all based on the fundamental principle that people are in fact stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back