Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='drakma676']Went to best buy to trade in some games and asked about the wii u preorders. He said that they cancel all preorders and it's a first come first serve. I was like wtf?[/QUOTE]

I hate Best Buy, run like crap. It's going to be an absolute nightmare.

[quote name='Eggplant_Wizard']It should go by the time of purchase.[/QUOTE]

Assuming the store bothers to check. My concern is that when I preorder a game on-line for store pickup (which is how I ordered the WiiU), it's not the usual store pickup process for something already released where they get the e-mail early in the morning before opening and pull the merchandise. For example, on my RE6 preorder, I just got an e-mail telling me to go to the store on October 2nd, but when I got there, they had to send someone to the racks and actually pull my game off the store sales floor. If that happens with the WiiU, there are going to be a lot of people screwed by the midnight launches, employees hiding units for friends, etc...

[quote name='drakma676']Went to best buy to trade in some games and asked about the wii u preorders. He said that they cancel all preorders and it's a first come first serve. I was like wtf?[/QUOTE]

The flying fuck? I'm glad I preordered at GS and not best buy. That sounds like absolute ass. I feel bad for the employs scheduled for the 18th.

do you guys really think that is true?? just because a blue shirt said taht, does not mean it is true. Mine still says in process. I called bestbuy and they said there is no such thing of cancelling.

Don't ever trust BB Employees when they say batshit crazy stuff like that. BB hires the most unqualified people sometimes. Also why would a national chain like BB take a huge backlash for pulling something like that? The last thing Best Buy wants is a bad rap going into the holidays. I could see canceling the last couple of orders they got (as of we ran out of stock for preorders, we can't fulfill yours).

That's what happens when you let people order as many as they want ( guy before me ordered 7). With Orders like that no wonder some stores will not be able to fulfill all there orders.

That's why I preordered from BB and GS. I figure if one can't hold up is end, the other should be able to. Guess all this BB credit I have will go towards games/accessories or something.

[quote name='CHADSTONe']I'd say it's a isolated incident ;)[/QUOTE]

All anyone needs to do is check their CC for a hold to see if cancelled.

See what I did there?

I preordered from GS, BB, BB.com, and TRU.com. Think I'll get one on launch.

WOW, I can't believe best buy did that I've always had good dealings with them but in this case I'm glad I went with the walmart bundle and am getting it shipped to my door even though I will have to wait a few days to get it. My wii is ready for the move.

[quote name='bokiloki']What are the chances that I'll be able to walk into a K-mart and buy the Wii U there the morning of launch??[/QUOTE]

Bring a pocket knife, large burly men, and a support sniper and you "might" beat the soccer moms and flippers

[quote name='bokiloki']What are the chances that I'll be able to walk into a K-mart and buy the Wii U there the morning of launch??[/QUOTE]

Probably about as slim as waluigi on a diet but you never know so I say give it a shot.

Not true.

Best Buy would be stupid to cancel all pre-orders. I say it's just a mis-informed employee or someone just fucking with the this guy.

That being said, I don't know how much weight a Best Buy pre-order of a Wii U does hold, and these rumors just make it seem like they're taking this process less and less serious.

[quote name='SteveGo']Best Buy would be stupid to cancel all pre-orders. I say it's just a mis-informed employee or someone just fucking with the this guy.

That being said, I don't know how much weight a Best Buy pre-order of a Wii U does hold, and these rumors just make it seem like they're taking this process less and less serious.[/QUOTE]
I really don't trust any retailer at this point. I mean unless Amazon pops out of it's magic hat and says here is Wii-U preorders I can only pray Gamestop.com is nice enough to give me one.

Probably about the same chances as finding a) a K-mart that's still open and b) one with an employee in the electronics department. Unless Nintendo really crushes the market with these things, I'd imagine that K-Mart and Sears might get two of each a piece.

They probably wont even have them out on the floor on release day.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I have a feeling Amazon is just going to open the floodgates at midnight and it'll make for an interesting 3 minutes.[/QUOTE]
If they do it on a random night, then I think it may last a few hours because most people are not at their computers at 3 AM. Here is hoping anyway.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I have a feeling Amazon is just going to open the floodgates at midnight and it'll make for an interesting 3 minutes.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if something is up between Amazon and Nintendo -- Amazon doesn't have the 3DS XL yet. Only available from 3rd party sellers.

I don't understand why anyone just blindly believes what a random employee at a store tells them. There is about a hundred posts in this thread of people saying something is a fact because an employee told them.

[quote name='ProppaT']Probably about the same chances as finding a) a K-mart that's still open and b) one with an employee in the electronics department. Unless Nintendo really crushes the market with these things, I'd imagine that K-Mart and Sears might get two of each a piece.[/QUOTE]
Actually Sears might have about 10 on release day. Back when the Wii was released a week or so after my friend and I found out from an employee that they were getting a shipment one day. So we got to the store at opening, my friend bought 3 Wii to resell on ebay and I got one for my brother to keep. I think they had about 1-3 extra that we did not buy.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']I don't understand why anyone just blindly believes what a random employee at a store tells them. There is about a hundred posts in this thread of people saying something is a fact because an employee told them.[/QUOTE]

This. Between that and "I've called Gamestop / Best Buy / Toys R Us 8 times a day every day since the moment I've pre-ordered it until today, just to make sure I'll get one on launch day". Get a grip.

[quote name='bsesb2003']I wonder if something is up between Amazon and Nintendo -- Amazon doesn't have the 3DS XL yet. Only available from 3rd party sellers.[/QUOTE]

Lol at "yet".

I have a Best Buy pre order, and they haven't cancelled my Wii U.

While what the Best Buy employee said is likely pure crap, I dont get why every is treating Best Buy pre-orders like they are pure gold that is guaranteed. How many other times have we seen things go horribly wrong there?

If I had my order there, I'd make damn sure I was still the first person at that door.

[quote name='dgwillia006']While what the Best Buy employee said is likely pure crap, I dont get why every is treating Best Buy pre-orders like they are pure gold that is guaranteed. How many other times have we seen things go horribly wrong there?

If I had my order there, I'd make damn sure I was still the first person at that door.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, best buy seems to be a shitty place to have a pre order.

Im confident Bestbuy will have extras for people that didnt buy. When wii launched I camped 14 hours, I was #40 out of 82 I believe. By the time they started handing out tickets at 8 a.m. their was over 600 people their.

Don't think for a second Bestbuy wont have any for those who didnt preorder. I guarentee you every store will have at least 10, they need to advertise it in their Sunday flyer and it is illegal to advertise if their are none actually for sale. Bestbuy wants 100s of people at their store, once when they get those 500+ parents in the store, chances are a 1/10 of them walk out buying something like a 3DS. Thats 50 people buying Vitas, 3ds, Wii, WHATEVER!

Trust me Bestbuy will fullfill all preorders and will have a couple extras wether it be 1 or 10. And to all those worried, when the Wii launched the 2nd shipment arrived for Black friday, so EVERY store will be restocked 4 days later. Trust me though, when the Wii hit their was hype, but by the end of the day the hype was through the roof and thats when it built up like crazy and by black friday their were lines probably even larger than the lines on launch day itself.

Another thing, the BEST shot to get a Wii U is either launch day or Black friday. After that its a free for all and you just have to be lucky, and you have to call everday.

I remember my mom calling Gamestop for PS3 around 1 p.m. a few weeks after launch and the gamestop guy litteraly said that the truck just pulled up and they had PS3s so my mom rushed over their.

So the whole lining up in the morning doesnt work either, cuz gamestops get shipments any time in the day so its just a huge guess. If your getting a Wii U, get it launch day. Its going to be a complete free for all after black friday.

This is my first pre-order (TRU store). The Wii U will be a Christmas gift for my kids, so guaranteeing launch day arrival doesn't matter much to me. For those of you who have experienced pre-order "chaos", is it reasonable to expect mine will be filled in time for Christmas, even if TRU didn't estimate their launch day inventory correctly?

[quote name='bthar']This is my first pre-order (TRU store). The Wii U will be a Christmas gift for my kids, so guaranteeing launch day arrival doesn't matter much to me. For those of you who have experienced pre-order "chaos", is it reasonable to expect mine will be filled in time for Christmas, even if TRU didn't estimate their launch day inventory correctly?[/QUOTE]
By Christmas? you are definately safe. As I said, even if some preorders arent fullfilled, the 2nd shipment comes black friday 4 days later. So by that time just get ahold of the manager and make sure they put 1 aside for black friday.

I honestly am expecting no problems from anystores. The Wii and PS3 launches went smoothly. The only major launch problem came when gamestop took 100+ preorders for every store and then only reciever 10 or so Xbox 360s. After that fiasco gamestop came back the next year and had solid launches for the Wii and PS3 without any reported problems at all.

Im a little nervous about Bestbuy though because for the Wii launch there were no preorders. Only gamestop/ebgames took preorder. Now TRU, Target, Bestbuy, Kmart, Sears are all taking preorders which is a first for console launches.

It used to be, if you didnt have a preorder at Gamestop you had no choice but to campout at bestbuy, TRU, etc. Now it seems like their wont be as many campouts.

My store manager told me that they cut off preorders at gs to be 100% sure that they were going to be able to fufill pre-orders. Do I believe her?

fuck No

But the other nugget of info she had for me was that since its a Sunday launch, she WILL NOT have a midnight release for the console, and that you will have to pick it up in the morning. Luckily I know my manager well and she has done stuff for me in the past like letting me return a month old used Wii I purchased, so she promised to set all of my stuff I ordered aside for me so I can just walk in, have her scan my power up card, and walk out.

makes sense since im buying like 500+ in stuff, I want to be guarenteed my console.
Black console
ZombieU
New super mario brothers U
Black ops 2
Pro controller (black of course)

and somewhere along the line i need to get a few Wiimote +'s

*sigh* its gonna be a very expensive November.

btw anybody else see that footage of Dragon quest X on the wii u? that better come to America...

[quote name='Paladinion']My store manager told me that they cut off preorders at gs to be 100% sure that they were going to be able to fufill pre-orders. Do I believe her?

fuck No

[/QUOTE]
To be honest, when I went to pick up my 3DS they did have enough units for people who preordered. No extras, just for preorders. So there might be some truth there.

I really don't care if I get mine on launch or not, it's more of a am I with my GS.com preorder going to be guaranteed a console at some point so I don't have to go out to a store trying to find one of these fuckers.

[quote name='Paladinion']My store manager told me that they cut off preorders at gs to be 100% sure that they were going to be able to fufill pre-orders. Do I believe her?

fuck No

But the other nugget of info she had for me was that since its a Sunday launch, she WILL NOT have a midnight release for the console, and that you will have to pick it up in the morning. Luckily I know my manager well and she has done stuff for me in the past like letting me return a month old used Wii I purchased, so she promised to set all of my stuff I ordered aside for me so I can just walk in, have her scan my power up card, and walk out.

makes sense since im buying like 500+ in stuff, I want to be guarenteed my console.
Black console
ZombieU
New super mario brothers U
Black ops 2
Pro controller (black of course)

and somewhere along the line i need to get a few Wiimote +'s

*sigh* its gonna be a very expensive November.

btw anybody else see that footage of Dragon quest X on the wii u? that better come to America...[/QUOTE]

I have no experience with the GameStop I will be getting mine from this time, but I'm hoping for a midnight release. The one I got the Wii from was a very smooth experience and I don't want to deal with all the people in the morning being upset about not getting one.

[quote name='soxxx']Im confident Bestbuy will have extras for people that didnt buy. When wii launched I camped 14 hours, I was #40 out of 82 I believe. By the time they started handing out tickets at 8 a.m. their was over 600 people their.[/QUOTE]

I'm calling BS on this, 600 people in line outside a TRU would be a damn near riot, the Police would have shut the store down. There were not 600 people in line waiting for a Wii anywhere, ever. Wii was available of the shelf beginning with the second shipment. They didn't become hard to get until maybe a week or two before Christmas, but they weren't selling for anything close to a premium.

I honestly have very little to no worry that Gamestop will be able to fill all their stock. I have never had a single problem with a pre-ordered console there, even with the Wii/PS3/360 chaos.

Guys, one more place is accepting preorders! I updated it with the Nebraska Furniture Mart.

If you have useful info to add (prices, availability, or even if you can pre order at the mart) please add it!

[quote name='spmahn']I'm calling BS on this, 600 people in line outside a TRU would be a damn near riot, the Police would have shut the store down. There were not 600 people in line waiting for a Wii anywhere, ever. Wii was available of the shelf beginning with the second shipment. They didn't become hard to get until maybe a week or two before Christmas, but they weren't selling for anything close to a premium.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak to the 600, but living in Southern California and actively looking for a Wii for myself and a couple of friends with kids in the period running up until Christmas that first year, I can state unequivocally that they were hard to find and whenever even a rumor of a store getting a shipment got out, people lined up. They also sold for well above MSRP on Ebay and Craigslist up until Christmas. In fact, the Wii wasn't readily available on shelves for almost 18 months after launch and consistently sold out within hours every time a local Target, Walmart, Best Buy, TRU, etc...got them in.

The problem Im seeing with almost all pre-orders going on is that it seems like everywhere over ordered by a lot. What are the chances of 1 bb store getting over 50-100 consoles? I just get the feeling theres gonna be a lot of upset people when launch day rolls around. Im just hoping the people who actually like Nintendo and want to play this thing get one for their families before the guy ahead of you who pre-purchased 7 of them to try and flip on ebay.

Also for a fun story about the Wii launch....i was promised a Wii for xmas that year but we had no idea about preorders so my brother and I went out to get it. We went to Meijer but there was a line that wrapped all the way around the outside of the store so we gave up. Luckily K-mart was across from us and only two people were waiting for the wii. I was beyond excited as we stood there at 8pm waiting for midnight. Hours passed and the line got much longer, I didn't care tho since I was number 3 in line and guaranteed my console in my eyes. So after a few more hours it was around 11:30 and the night manager came out and started handing numbers to everyone in order. Now i was super pumped. Shortly after we were led into the store...all 200 or so of us and asked to gather around the electronics department. We were told they had 10 Wiis in stock...by now I could taste Zelda. Then my world came crashing down....in the name of "fairness" she told us that she will be pulling 10 numbers out of a bin and that those people would be getting a console. I was devastated but the people who waited in line in front of me, i still remember the look on his face when he said "F*** me...".

Of course, I lost...so I got to hold onto my copy of Twilight Princess and the stratedgy guide for over 9 months before I happened to go grocery shopping in Meijer one day and strolled passed the electronics section to see them putting 2 consoles in the case. I stood there holding the console for a hour while my mom finished her shopping then purchased it for me when she was done. This was in september of the next year, this is how rare the consoles were in my area.

I called stores every single day asking if they had any and the answer of course was always no, I did this for like 4 months before i gave up and dumb luck got me my unit finally.

[quote name='Deader2818']Uh.. I worked at Best Buy during the Wii. As soon as a truck came in they were gone before they even made it to the shelf, lol.[/QUOTE]

I had a friend who worked Geek Squad during the months before and after launch and he had to answer the store phone for a few hours a day and if you really wanted to get him upset when he was off, all you had to do was call his cell phone and ask if they had any Wiis in stock. He said at one point literally half the calls he received were from people asking if they had the Wii and trying to find out when the next shipment was coming in. The demand was serious and unrelenting for a very long time.

Didn't they have Wii tracker websites? I swear I remember seeing one. I do know that I camped out on black friday to get a Wii and by the time the store opened we had around 100 in line...for 4 Wiis

[quote name='bsesb2003']I wonder if something is up between Amazon and Nintendo -- Amazon doesn't have the 3DS XL yet. Only available from 3rd party sellers.[/QUOTE]

Something’s Not Right Between Nintendo And Amazon
"We don't talk about our specific business practices with individual retailers, and so you're not going to get any more information from me specific to Amazon or any of our different retail partners," he told me last week in an interview.

"What I can tell you is they are selling software, and [there] are resellers that are on the site selling hardware as well, but you're right: Amazon as a direct sale company currently does not sell Nintendo hardware."

Fils-Aime wouldn't say more than that.

Lwo3w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back