Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KanYozakura']I really wish Nintendo would just tell us how the save/Shop purchases will transfer. From what I've gathered it seems like you'll need to move everything to a SD card, put the SD card into your Wii U and then through some kind of WiFi magic transfer the hardware license to the U. If that's the case then there won't be any way to transfer copy protected saves since, you know, you can't copy them.[/QUOTE]

I believe they said it will be same as 3ds transfers. You connect both to Internet, select transfer system and the one to transfer to. Then let it do its work, take ad card from old system to new and then finish.

[quote name='Tdog987']Looking for opinions...

I pre ordered the Wii U at BB in store ($5 on the deluxe)...just incase

I work at Walmart (New store...small town...only has had to do 3DS and Vita launch...3DS had 6 people counting me at midnight) and get a 10% discount...my discount card didn't work for pre-orders online.

I get off of work at 4:00 pm on the 15th...I was thinking of grabbing a bite to eat and being back at the store at 5 pm to be ready for any line standing...with the discount (I know for sure it will work) buying the deluxe console will come to around $315, instead of $350...

if you were in my shoes...would you stand in line for 7 hours to save $35?

Would bring my 3DS and DS to play the whole time, so boredom wont get in the way.[/QUOTE]

You'll be waiting quite awhile longer than 7 hours if you plan on getting there on the 15th, the system is out on November 18th. I'm actually surprised you know your schedule that far in advance as well, I only got two weeks ahead at Target.

[quote name='GTR R35']Us that Pre-ordered at BB's website pretty much a lottery win at this point.Only a few will be fulfilled? ...ooor they really know what their doing and stopped taking Pre-orders when they ran out of the actual factory shipped numbers.That would make sense for a smart company to do.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't necessarily say that. My local Best Buy had over 300 Wiis at launch. i wouldn't be surprise if Best Buy decided to allocate half their investory to pre-orders this time around to promote their website to store distribution which they've been doing for sometimes now. I've had positive experieces pre-ordering consoles in the past from Tou R Us. On the other hand, we all know that Gamestop screwed up on the 360 and PS3 pre-orders. One of my local Gamestop took (25) deluxe Wii Us pre-orders and they only received around (8)60 gig PS3s at launch and screwed a lot of people.

[quote name='AutoPilotOff']I believe they said it will be same as 3ds transfers. You connect both to Internet, select transfer system and the one to transfer to. Then let it do its work, take ad card from old system to new and then finish.[/QUOTE]

I'm not familiar with that system...does it transfer copy protected saves?

[quote name='leopaw']I wouldn't necessarily say that. My local Best Buy had over 300 Wiis at launch. i wouldn't be surprise if Best Buy decided to allocate half their investory to pre-orders this time around to promote their website to store distribution which they've been doing for sometimes now. I've had positive experieces pre-ordering consoles in the past from Tou R Us. On the other hand, we all know that Gamestop screwed up on the 360 and PS3 pre-orders. One of my local Gamestop took (25) deluxe Wii Us pre-orders and they only received around (8)60 gig PS3s at launch and screwed a lot of people.[/QUOTE]

Your BB might have had that many wii's at launch, but 99% of the BB's around the US had less than 25-50. I had friends all over looking for one on the first day, and no stores got more than 25. So, good luck to everyone on here thinking they'll walk in and pick one up on day one.

Yeah it works the same as the 3DS transfers. They already confirmed that, and it will be available to do day 1.

It works very simply, you have both 3DS's on, go into the transfer mode in the settings, set one to export one to import and watch pikmin carry data over on the screens (very amusing). It takes a looong time but once it's done everything is transferred over EVERYTHING. It's like a massive copy/paste. The only downside is the limited number of times you are allowed to do it. Makes no sense why they would place a limit on that.

So I was at one of the many Gamestop stores around my area the other day, and I don't have any premium membership with them at all. Guy asked if I wanted to get on the waiting listing for a system. I said sure, so he put me on it for a 32 gig black Wii-U and gave me a powerup rewards card. Can anyone explain what this may of benefit the employee more than me?

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']You'll be waiting quite awhile longer than 7 hours if you plan on getting there on the 15th, the system is out on November 18th. I'm actually surprised you know your schedule that far in advance as well, I only got two weeks ahead at Target.[/QUOTE]

i also work at walmart, most of the employees have a set schedule, but i preordered at GS below work and i got the 17th and 18th off for the launch got a deluxe also NSMBU, ZombiU,ScribbleNauts Unlimited,Pikmin3, COD BO2, Assassins creed 3 all preordered and paid off and still need to preorder a pro controller

[quote name='HyperG']So I was at one of the many Gamestop stores around my area the other day, and I don't have any premium membership with them at all. Guy asked if I wanted to get on the waiting listing for a system. I said sure, so he put me on it for a 32 gig black Wii-U and gave me a powerup rewards card. Can anyone explain what this may of benefit the employee more than me?[/QUOTE]

His job security because he suckered you into signing up for the PowerUp Rewards Pro membership which employees are required to get people to sign up for to keep their job.

My plan since I didn't get to pre order one is to go to my local Walmart on the 17th around 11am and camp till Midnight to get one. Shouldn't be that many people there by that time.

[quote name='boogie4114']His job security because he suckered you into signing up for the PowerUp Rewards Pro membership which employees are required to get people to sign up for to keep their job.[/QUOTE]
So I'm assuming the PowerUp Rewards membership that he gave me was just a basic membership that is free normally but can be upgraded to a pro, so then he'd get the claim if I do it, because I wasn't charged for anything and still was able to get on the waiting list.

[quote name='LD_Helix']Dammit, every time see or hear Wii U this is all i can think of

Its just not sinking in right[/QUOTE]

best part is when she hits the two thugs :D

my bestbuy has a sign up that says that they no longer can take preorders because bestbuy took as many as Nintendo allowed. So there, anyone who preordered should be safe because nintendo informed each company how many they would get.

[quote name='soxxx']my bestbuy has a sign up that says that they no longer can take preorders because bestbuy took as many as Nintendo allowed. So there, anyone who preordered should be safe because nintendo informed each company how many they would get.[/QUOTE]

Ha went to bestbuy today to do my last trade in and asked if people who didn't preorder, could get one. He said that over 100 people preorder the iPhone 5, but got only 10 in. So I'm assuming know one knows how many they are getting in or if preorders are going to be fulfill

[quote name='HyperG']So I was at one of the many Gamestop stores around my area the other day, and I don't have any premium membership with them at all. Guy asked if I wanted to get on the waiting listing for a system. I said sure, so he put me on it for a 32 gig black Wii-U and gave me a powerup rewards card. Can anyone explain what this may of benefit the employee more than me?[/QUOTE]
He probably paid out of his own pocket for your powerup membership. I herd, if they don't meet a certain quota, they would lose their job.

[quote name='leopaw']He probably paid out of his own pocket for your powerup membership. I herd, if they don't meet a certain quota, they would lose their job.[/QUOTE]

That's the dumbest thing I've heard all day.

[quote name='leopaw']He probably paid out of his own pocket for your powerup membership. I herd, if they don't meet a certain quota, they would lose their job.[/QUOTE]

There's a free version of the card too.

You need to be a powerup member to be on the waiting list and there's a free version of the powerup membership. So I doubt he paid anything as I myself am a free member.

[quote name='Tdog987']Looking for opinions...

I pre ordered the Wii U at BB in store ($5 on the deluxe)...just incase

I work at Walmart (New store...small town...only has had to do 3DS and Vita launch...3DS had 6 people counting me at midnight) and get a 10% discount...my discount card didn't work for pre-orders online.

I get off of work at 4:00 pm on the 15th...I was thinking of grabbing a bite to eat and being back at the store at 5 pm to be ready for any line standing...with the discount (I know for sure it will work) buying the deluxe console will come to around $315, instead of $350...

if you were in my shoes...would you stand in line for 7 hours to save $35?

Would bring my 3DS and DS to play the whole time, so boredom wont get in the way.[/QUOTE]

If I had preordered one early at best buy then no I would not take a chance waiting at walmart trying to get one just to save $35. On the other hand if you got your preorder in late at best buy then yes I would go to walmart and wait. Actually you can't go wrong if you can get one at all at walmart with your discount because you are pretty much guranteed a profit on top of your discount savings.

For anyone hesitant about waiting in line for a Wii U I highly advise at least attempting getting one at launch. On the Wii I made the mistake of waiting and then I got wanting one but it wasn't until middle of feb 2007 before I could find one. I actually got lucky when I found one then because I was in walmart and just happened to see a couple back behind the counter and asked if I could purchase one and the employee said yes (kind of reluctantly I think they may have been hiding them back for someone) so I was really happy and lucky with my timing. Here is a video of it, nothing like that new nintendo console smell. http://youtu.be/Xwi6piCD4Ho

[quote name='ps2emotions']For anyone hesitant about waiting in line for a Wii U I highly advise at least attempting getting one at launch. On the Wii I made the mistake of waiting and then I got wanting one but it wasn't until middle of feb 2007 before I could find one. I actually got lucky when I found one then because I was in walmart and just happened to see a couple back behind the counter and asked if I could purchase one and the employee said yes (kind of reluctantly I think they may have been hiding them back for someone) so I was really happy and lucky with my timing. Here is a video of it, nothing like that new nintendo console smell. http://youtu.be/Xwi6piCD4Ho[/QUOTE]

Thats why I decided to pre-order mine. Didnt want to wait, then end up not being able to get one till like February or March, and still not even get the version I wanted.

just counting down the days. i finally have enough credit at gamestop to pay off the whole thing. will i get it sans sale tax if i pay all of it with credit?

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Do you need an ID to pick up a preorder at best buy or just the receipt?[/QUOTE]

You have to have ID and the credit card that was used.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']just counting down the days. i finally have enough credit at gamestop to pay off the whole thing. will i get it sans sale tax if i pay all of it with credit?[/QUOTE]

I asked this exact question today when i put down some more money on mine. Turns out that you are only charged sales tax on the cash you put down. So if you pay all with credit, then no, you will not be charged sales at all. but if you do lets say 150 cash and 200 credit, you will be charged sales tax on the 150 cash.

[quote name='Paladinion']I asked this exact question today when i put down some more money on mine. Turns out that you are only charged sales tax on the cash you put down. So if you pay all with credit, then no, you will not be charged sales at all. but if you do lets say 150 cash and 200 credit, you will be charged sales tax on the 150 cash.[/QUOTE]
Is that tied to the state by state tax thing or is it universal? I live in a state that taxes on GS credit and have never paid off any pre-order. Reason being, I never pre-ordered anything at GS before this WiiU. Not even to get a bonus and then cancel.

Can anyone who lives in a state that gets taxed on items paid for with GS credit confirm either way? If true, I will find flips or whatever to put towards the WiiU to save $21 tax.

Reading these posts are really making me worry about my BB pre-order. I was planning on just showing up at midnight to get my in store pick up but now I am worrying that I STILL need to camp out in line to pick up something I pre-ordered. Uggh

I asked my dude at my local BB what the deal was about how the preorders would be filled. He told me that his manager had just attended some meeting about the holiday season. He said the preorders are supposed to be given out in the order they were preordered if they can't fulfill all of them, but he said because they cut off the preorders they should have enough.

I'm going to keep on them about it (I suggest you do the same). I preordered at 10:20 am the day they went live, and I'll be damned if they expect me to stand in line all night to get one.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Reading these posts are really making me worry about my BB pre-order. I was planning on just showing up at midnight to get my in store pick up but now I am worrying that I STILL need to camp out in line to pick up something I pre-ordered. Uggh[/QUOTE]

If you get there at midnight and there are 200 people in line in front of you, you still have to wait till they have helped each one of those 200 people first. Maybe by some miracle, some clueless employee won't give away your pre-order by mistake.

[quote name='bbedwards']I asked my dude at my local BB what the deal was about how the preorders would be filled. He told me that his manager had just attended some meeting about the holiday season. He said the preorders are supposed to be given out in the order they were preordered if they can't fulfill all of them, but he said because they cut off the preorders they should have enough.

I'm going to keep on them about it (I suggest you do the same). I preordered at 10:20 am the day they went live, and I'll be damned if they expect me to stand in line all night to get one.[/QUOTE]

If there are 100 people in line in front of you that have also pre-ordered, they have to help those 100 people first. You are still going to stand in a line at some point.

Just want to say sorry was just a powerup member card not a pro account, just another thing to keep track of my purchases that I won't be using....

[quote name='bbedwards']I asked my dude at my local BB what the deal was about how the preorders would be filled. He told me that his manager had just attended some meeting about the holiday season. He said the preorders are supposed to be given out in the order they were preordered if they can't fulfill all of them, but he said because they cut off the preorders they should have enough.

I'm going to keep on them about it (I suggest you do the same). I preordered at 10:20 am the day they went live, and I'll be damned if they expect me to stand in line all night to get one.[/QUOTE]

Lol your gonna have to stand in line. Best Buy pre-orders dont use I.D's or anything, so the only thing they might have on you is your Reward Zone info. Only way to have possibly avoided the line was to do an instore pickup from the website, even then who knows.

Guys, all I am saying is I'm glad they will have preorders reserved in the order received in case they can't fulfill all preorders. I just don't want to be forced to camp out early to be guaranteed a console when I already have a preorder

Im gonna camp out at my Gamestop just for the fun of it.
Im not gonna want to do anything besides play the Wii U anyway so yeah....might as well be near it.

I was at Wal-mart just now and they had a Wii controller out for sale in the Wii U box art. Nothing big, just thought that was a little odd.

I don't really care about order, if even 1 person that pre ordered doesn't get their system, it ain't right. I know it'll happen, but I hope whoever it happens to gets compensated by the store.

[quote name='therealdanhill']I don't really care about order, if even 1 person that pre ordered doesn't get their system, it ain't right. I know it'll happen, but I hope whoever it happens to gets compensated by the store.[/QUOTE]

Likely scenario: "Sorry we sold out of Wii U's, here's a 5$ Gift Card, try again in a month"

[quote name='Deader2818']I was at Wal-mart just now and they had a Wii controller out for sale in the Wii U box art. Nothing big, just thought that was a little odd.[/QUOTE]

Walmart started getting wii mote plus in the wii u box art last week, this week we started to get the wii nunchuck with the wii u box art

Yeah, I figure if I show up at midnight at BB I would be waiting in line which I don't mind at all. I just don't want to find out they sold them to people who are trying to pick them up at midnight and didn't bother to set aside the in-store pick up pre-orders. Times like this I wish Amazon and Nintendo weren't having their little cat fight. At least Amazon is really good CS wise when issues like this would happen. Ah well, we shall see

Just pay the whole preorder off and they literally cannot give it to someone else. Unless they want to lose their job.

[quote name='Eggman']Just pay the whole preorder off and they literally cannot give it to someone else. Unless they want to lose their job.[/QUOTE]

You can do that? I have never been allowed to put more than 5$ down here

Even then....I'm pretty sure your logic is flawed. One time my store only got 3 copies of a C.E in, one for each system. I got there first and had an in-store pre-order for 5$, so they had to sell it to me instead of the guy who did an Instore Pickup.

I think the important thing here isn't whether you put money down.. it's to get there FIRST even if you pre-ordered. I wonder if there will be separate line for ppl who preordered. Who knows what will happen to my pre-order if I go in after all those ppl lined up outside..

I did the Best Buy pre-order with store pickup. i was even signed up to receive the email from Best Buy letting me know when pre-orders were available and i managed to get my pre-order in BEFORE that email went out.

Regardless, I'm not going until I get the email that says my Wii U is ready for pickup, like any other Best Buy online order with in-store pickup. I don't see the point of going during all of the mayhem until i know it's waiting for me, nor would it make sense for them to give out pre-orders based on anything EXCEPT the order in which the pre-order was made.

I pray it all works out. But I just do not believe Nintendo is being open with retailers on how many systems they will ACTUALLY receive at launch.

The totally legit sounding wiishopexpress is taking preorders fur a bundle packed with useless poop.

http://www.wiishopexpress.com/Nintendo-Wii-U-Bundle-with-Wii-Fit-U-p/WUCWFB.htm?gclid=CKGSoLGf6rICFVGd4Aodf0gA0Q

[quote name='Eggman']Just pay the whole preorder off and they literally cannot give it to someone else. Unless they want to lose their job.[/QUOTE]

Money is money, they're getting the same amount no matter who it comes from. All they have to do is say "sorry, we oversold" and give you your money back. You're not entitled to anything except a spot in line.

Mine is getting shipped from Target hopefully. Got my order in ten minutes after they started taking preorders online. No lines and waiting outside this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I preordered my deluxe from a small F.Y.E. at a mall, a week after the release. They told me the usual "if you preorder you are guaranteed a system on launch day". When I was there there was literally no one in the store and the mall is in a touristy spot, so I don't think many preorders were placed there (they didn't even advertise they had any pre-orders). They are not gonna have a midnight launch and are opening on 10AM Sunday which is when the mall opens. Should I still get there early? or does it not matter? The place is 40 minutes away, so I can't just "drive up and check if there's a line". What are your guys experiences on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back