Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ProppaT']Money is money, they're getting the same amount no matter who it comes from. All they have to do is say "sorry, we oversold" and give you your money back. /snip [/QUOTE]

Your looking at it the wrong way. You are a potentially a big source of income. Every customer is averaged at around $1000 income for the business. So losing 1 customer means losing a potential $1000. Then comes the devastating word of mouth, which could also make the company lose more customers which means more money.

After reading this thread a bit, I will not be pleased if I walk into Best Buy to get my console and they over-sold the system. They will not like the person I am going to become with them.

I asked the guy who took the preorder if they were having a midnight launch. At the time he said they were not, but trying to get enough preorders to be able to do a midnight launch otherwise they would be opening at 11 AM on Sunday. This is interesting, considering I actually went to another Best Buy that was smaller, and they knew they were only getting in three systems and had stopped taking preorders. This was all about a week after preorders started.

So either bigger stores are not being given limits, employees are not being given limits and are overselling, or no one has any idea what's going on.

Most likely at Best Buy the online "store pickup" preorders will have priority.

Why? Because they have already given the authorization to pay in full. In-store preorders have not. If people start coming in to pay off their in-store preorder, it will then go by time of purchase (i.e., earlier orders get theirs first). For those who have in-store pickup preorders, just don't go to the store until you get the email saying it's ready. When that email is sent, it is because your name has been put on a box and saved in the back room. It's ready at that point.

Also, people again in this thread need to remember something: Amazon WILL NOT be selling this console. That means a TON more will be available to other stores. Since Nintendo and Best Buy have a great relationship (Best Buy has the 3DS zones) they most likely will be getting a lot of extra inventory.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']Why is this topic on the Deals board?[/QUOTE]
Well besides it being about where you can preorder a hard to find item and tips on how to wait for one, Cheapy D started the thread and I'm pretty sure he can post things wherever he feels like posting them. :D

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']Well besides it being about where you can preorder a hard to find item and tips on how to wait for one, Cheapy D started the thread and I'm pretty sure he can post things wherever he feels like posting them. :D[/QUOTE]

Neither one of those things pertain to a deal though.

And if the owner can't stay on topic, how can he expect the rest of us to?

[quote name='Ginger Junk']Neither one of those things pertain to a deal though.[/QUOTE]
New consoles released by the MS/Sony/Nintendo have a habit of carrying a value greater than their MSRP for several weeks/months after their release. Granted not everyone is interested in the value a system has in the secondary market, but there are many people that do care, and those people will make it much more difficult for others to get a system at list price.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']

And if the owner can't stay on topic, how can he expect the rest of us to?[/QUOTE]

Easy, that's what the mods are for.

[quote name='ProppaT']Money is money, they're getting the same amount no matter who it comes from. All they have to do is say "sorry, we oversold" and give you your money back. You're not entitled to anything except a spot in line.[/QUOTE]

Except you are. If you fully pay off an item, you now own that item. It just isn't there yet. If they don't give you the item you have paid for in full, that's on them and they have sold your property. I don't even care if it doesn't work that way, I would get that person fired no matter what because they stupendously retarded. They have the records for which ones are and are not fully paid off. You can't give a raincheck for something someone owns, period. Doing preorders as they do is essentially layaway with a release date.

If you go to a store like Walmart or whatever and want to buy something, they don't let you pay for the whole thing and then tell you they don't have it.

Giving your money back for that is not good enough. You are owed that product because it is yours.

The topic is HOT and people keep posting and viewing, garnering more money for Cheapy D. He's done a great service to us all for having a site to distribute information on deals. So I am not complaining. An availability thread will still help either way. since the market demand for the Wii U will seem to skyrocket for the holidays. But I kind of see it dwindle down after the holidays. I am pretty sure Nintendo will create enough of the product so the console can sell faster than the Wii.

[quote name='Eggman']Except you are. If you fully pay off an item, you now own that item. It just isn't there yet. If they don't give you the item you have paid for in full, that's on them and they have sold your property. I don't even care if it doesn't work that way, I would get that person fired no matter what because they stupendously retarded. They have the records for which ones are and are not fully paid off. You can't give a raincheck for something someone owns, period. Doing preorders as they do is essentially layaway with a release date.

If you go to a store like Walmart or whatever and want to buy something, they don't let you pay for the whole thing and then tell you they don't have it.

Giving your money back for that is not good enough. You are owed that product because it is yours.[/QUOTE]

I'll say this as succinctly as I can:

You're an idiot

[quote name='Deader2818']If I pay off my Wii U pre-order at Game stop before it comes out, does that avoid the tax?[/QUOTE]
Every time I buy something at Gamestop, I am not taxed when I completely pay off something with credit from trade ins. For times that my trade in credit doesn't cover everything, I am only charged tax on the amount that I pay cash or credit card for.

[quote name='Deader2818']ok,that makes sense. So ive put 91 dollars in store credit toward the Wii U. So that means I should only be charged tax on 259?[/QUOTE]

Depends on your state. Call GameStop and ask.

Is this going to be like the PS3 release? Scalpers buy then in mass, then return them a week later when they realize that nobody will buy them at a 150% mark up?

[quote name='Squall_L_FF8']Every time I buy something at Gamestop, I am not taxed when I completely pay off something with credit from trade ins. For times that my trade in credit doesn't cover everything, I am only charged tax on the amount that I pay cash or credit card for.[/QUOTE]
Ok. You live in one of those states. I think the people who are asking (me being one of them) are people who get charged tax on all purchases even when paid with GS credit.

I asked a GS rep today and she said even when you pre-order the tax is already calculated in. Makes sense. So, if true, I guess that ends this discussion unless someone knows (for sure) differently.

[quote name='klimb22']Ok. You live in one of those states. I think the people who are asking (me being one of them) are people who get charged tax on all purchases even when paid with GS credit.

I asked a GS rep today and she said even when you pre-order the tax is already calculated in. Makes sense. So, if true, I guess that ends this discussion unless someone knows (for sure) differently.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand your question. There's nothing special about a preorder wrt tax. Either your state taxes a purchase with credit or it doesn't.

[quote name='riotheart']Do you always whine about everything this much?[/QUOTE]

Who's whining? I was simply making a point, which you're clearly not smart enough to comprehend.

[quote name='confoosious']I don't understand your question. There's nothing special about a preorder wrt tax. Either your state taxes a purchase with credit or it doesn't.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't know. Believe it or not, I never pre-ordered anything at GS before this WiiU.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Is this going to be like the PS3 release? Scalpers buy then in mass, then return them a week later when they realize that nobody will buy them at a 150% mark up?[/QUOTE]

Eh? I sold 2 ps3's for $1100? had a lot of inquiries too for more but only had the two. Didn't realize it was hard to sell everywhere at the time.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']Who's whining? I was simply making a point, which you're clearly not smart enough to comprehend.[/QUOTE]

Someone is feeling insecure about their intelligence. It's okay, I'm sure your mother will bake you some cookies if you go upstairs and ask.

[quote name='Ginger Junk']Neither one of those things pertain to a deal though.

And if the owner can't stay on topic, how can he expect the rest of us to?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ginger Junk']Why is this topic on the Deals board?[/QUOTE]

Not whining? You are either a woman and/or going to be a very lonely person in your life. Anyway I am done with you, feel free to comment and make yourself feel better about yourself or go back on topic. Afterall that's what you were whining about and then you yourself went off topic. I bid you farewell.

[quote name='Eggman']Except you are. If you fully pay off an item, you now own that item. It just isn't there yet. If they don't give you the item you have paid for in full, that's on them and they have sold your property. I don't even care if it doesn't work that way, I would get that person fired no matter what because they stupendously retarded. They have the records for which ones are and are not fully paid off. You can't give a raincheck for something someone owns, period. Doing preorders as they do is essentially layaway with a release date.

Giving your money back for that is not good enough. You are owed that product because it is yours.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume you're not a lawyer. All you are doing when you "fully pay off an item" is giving them a 100% deposit. That's not considered the same as actually purchasing the item as they have never guaranteed you that they would deliver the item to you on a certain date and Gamestop and every other chain has a written policy about preorders that allows them to cancel for any reason at any time with the only recourse being to return your deposit. I really wish everyone would just stop speculating every five seconds. We will probably know closer to November 18th how each store will handle preorders and what allocations will actually be. Until then, all anyone is doing is providing baseless speculation.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Is this going to be like the PS3 release? Scalpers buy then in mass, then return them a week later when they realize that nobody will buy them at a 150% mark up?[/QUOTE]

Doubtful, this actually looks rare.

hi everyone, new to the forum! :)

i wonder how many consoles magically reappear in stock after 48 hours. seems like many people have preorders at different retailers as backups, but i assume most will cancel the rest of them after they pick up their console except the flippers.

i myself waited too long to decide if i wanted to buy one and was also hoping newegg would open up preorders - no tax for NY. my plan is to head to target @ atlantic terminal on saturday morning and camp all the way til launch. i think they will have a midnight release because that's what they did for the ps3 launch. it will obviously be much better than having to camp through the cold, late autumn night.

Last edited by a moderator:
target @ atlantic terminal had at least 275 ps3 units at launch when everyone else had 10 or less. don't remember the quantity for the wii launch. it'd be awesome if they received that many again. also i heard that target didn't take in-store preorders. can anyone comment on that front? if that's the case i think that will be my best (and probably only) chance. :(

Does Cost Captain actual charge your charge, or just leave a pending transaction? I actually need a substantial charge on my card for bonus points, so I wouldn't mind it getting charged and cancelled a month later when they can't come up with any Wii-Us.

[quote name='vcplant']Does Cost Captain actual charge your charge, or just leave a pending transaction? I actually need a substantial charge on my card for bonus points, so I wouldn't mind it getting charged and cancelled a month later when they can't come up with any Wii-Us.[/QUOTE]

Even though I doubt I will get one from Costcaptain on release I left my preorder with them. They put a pending charge on your credit card, at least that is what they did with mine.

[quote name='novem']Even though I doubt I will get one from Costcaptain on release I left my preorder with them. They put a pending charge on your credit card, at least that is what they did with mine.[/QUOTE]

i doubt they will be getting any significant quantity if at all. they've left the pre order open for this long when everyone else has sold out which means there there will be many unhappy shoppers.

to answer vcplant's question, they will probably hold the amount on your card for authorization until it actually ships, which may be never. i would have to think that won't count toward your bonus points since it's not an actual charge.

[quote name='Plinko']Most likely at Best Buy the online "store pickup" preorders will have priority.

Why? Because they have already given the authorization to pay in full. In-store preorders have not. If people start coming in to pay off their in-store preorder, it will then go by time of purchase (i.e., earlier orders get theirs first). For those who have in-store pickup preorders, just don't go to the store until you get the email saying it's ready. When that email is sent, it is because your name has been put on a box and saved in the back room. It's ready at that point.

Also, people again in this thread need to remember something: Amazon WILL NOT be selling this console. That means a TON more will be available to other stores. Since Nintendo and Best Buy have a great relationship (Best Buy has the 3DS zones) they most likely will be getting a lot of extra inventory.[/QUOTE]So true. They have my money on hold. Also instore pickups have a seperate register so we should be on a shorter line i assume

[quote name='mr.ratburn']I preordered my deluxe from a small F.Y.E. at a mall, a week after the release. They told me the usual "if you preorder you are guaranteed a system on launch day". When I was there there was literally no one in the store and the mall is in a touristy spot, so I don't think many preorders were placed there (they didn't even advertise they had any pre-orders). They are not gonna have a midnight launch and are opening on 10AM Sunday which is when the mall opens. Should I still get there early? or does it not matter? The place is 40 minutes away, so I can't just "drive up and check if there's a line". What are your guys experiences on this?[/QUOTE]preordered my original wii at FYE. I came in 5 days before launch and i asked about my preorder and was told they werent getting enough for me. I canclled and camped out at Bestbuy for 14 hours. Well around noon later that day fye calls me asking if im going to show up to get my wii......yeah....14 hours of camping out when i didnt have to if fye knew what they were doing. Hang onto your preorder and go their launch day. They will have a Wii U for you.

And technically, a BestBuy.com order is different than a Best Buy store purchase, even with in-store pickup (that's why the price of an item can be one thing in the store, but different online, even if you do in-store pickup).

So... hopefully Best Buy will fulfill in the in-store pickup pre-orders so that it's not simply dependent on the available stock at the store. The best would be if the preorder units for in-store pickup came in a completely separate shipment with a manifest of how many were pre-ordered and who they belond to, with specific instructions that they're not part of the store's in-house inventory.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']And technically, a BestBuy.com order is different than a Best Buy store purchase, even with in-store pickup (that's why the price of an item can be one thing in the store, but different online, even if you do in-store pickup).

So... hopefully Best Buy will fulfill in the in-store pickup pre-orders so that it's not simply dependent on the available stock at the store. The best would be if the preorder units for in-store pickup came in a completely separate shipment with a manifest of how many were pre-ordered and who they belond to, with specific instructions that they're not part of the store's in-house inventory.[/QUOTE]

There was a Best Buy employee at another board stating that this is pretty much the case (the In-store pickup being a separate shipment/group of orders).

[quote name='soxxx']preordered my original wii at FYE. I came in 5 days before launch and i asked about my preorder and was told they werent getting enough for me. I canclled and camped out at Bestbuy for 14 hours. Well around noon later that day fye calls me asking if im going to show up to get my wii......yeah....14 hours of camping out when i didnt have to if fye knew what they were doing. Hang onto your preorder and go their launch day. They will have a Wii U for you.[/QUOTE]

interesting.. there are 2 fye's within reach from where i live. do you know how many consoles a store generally gets on launch?

[quote name='Plinko']There was a Best Buy employee at another board stating that this is pretty much the case (the In-store pickup being a separate shipment/group of orders).[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome. And, that's why anyone who has a BestBuy.com pre-order with in-store pickup should NOT go to the store until you get that email. No email... no Wii U unit.

As someone else said, once you get that email, your merch is sitting in the back with your name on it.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']That would be awesome. And, that's why anyone who has a BestBuy.com pre-order with in-store pickup should NOT go to the store until you get that email. No email... no Wii U unit.

As someone else said, once you get that email, your merch is sitting in the back with your name on it.[/QUOTE]

Cool and my thing says i have from November 18 to November 26 to pick it up so hopefully I get that email.

[quote name='rayfrombk']interesting.. there are 2 fye's within reach from where i live. do you know how many consoles a store generally gets on launch?[/QUOTE]

My FYE got around 10. But I swear NO ONE even knows you can preorder their. I believe I paid 50 for my preorder. Its worth a shot honestly. I didnt have faith in them and when they told me they werent getting enough I cancelled, but as it turns out they got more than enough.

They also did a list to thats why they called me at around 3 in the afternoon the day the Wii came out, They held on to it for me but I had already cancelled.

You desperate folks should try FYE.

[quote name='soxxx']My FYE got around 10. But I swear NO ONE even knows you can preorder their. I believe I paid 50 for my preorder. Its worth a shot honestly. I didnt have faith in them and when they told me they werent getting enough I cancelled, but as it turns out they got more than enough.

They also did a list to thats why they called me at around 3 in the afternoon the day the Wii came out, They held on to it for me but I had already cancelled.

You desperate folks should try FYE.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the tip! i'll call them tomorrow morning and see if i can take the train out there during lunch break if they are still taking preorders. i'm just worried that asking this late in combination with the fact that the closest location is right across the street from a gamestop they will turn me away.. but i guess it's definitely worth a shot. you're right. i NEVER heard of this place before let alone hearing about anyone preordering from there. wish me luck! :applause:

[quote name='soxxx']My FYE got around 10. But I swear NO ONE even knows you can preorder their. I believe I paid 50 for my preorder. Its worth a shot honestly. I didnt have faith in them and when they told me they werent getting enough I cancelled, but as it turns out they got more than enough.

You desperate folks should try FYE.[/QUOTE]

FYE is where I ended up getting my launch Wii. I was 2nd on the preorder list and they only got two Wiis on launch day.

[quote name='rayfrombk']thanks for the tip! i'll call them tomorrow morning and see if i can take the train out there during lunch break if they are still taking preorders. i'm just worried that asking this late in combination with the fact that the closest location is right across the street from a gamestop they will turn me away.. but i guess it's definitely worth a shot. you're right. i NEVER heard of this place before let alone hearing about anyone preordering from there. wish me luck! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Theyve been selling video games for over 10 years. Everyone just forgets espcially for preorders.

At this point I'm willing to try anything. I'm going to try FYE tomorrow, camp Target, Nintendo World and Toys 'R Us Times Square (since I live in NYC). I'll need to think through the logistics for this, lol. Maybe get some family members involved.

[quote name='Plinko']FYE is where I ended up getting my launch Wii. I was 2nd on the preorder list and they only got two Wiis on launch day.[/QUOTE]
Same. I was first on their list and they got just one Wii on launch day. On the flip-side, I was third on their list for PS3's but they only got 2. They did finally get a third one in 6 weeks later, by then I had already gotten one from Best Buy.

Well i was able to pay off my deluxe. According to my Gamestop guy i was the second to have it paid off. I mentioned that all i wanted to was come in and pick everything up and be out of there. He said "it would be nece" then went on to tell me that majority of people are are going to come in with stacks of games day of and cause even longer waits, not to mention those who didnt preorder waiting for their games to trade and walk ins! Its going to be bananas put i cant wait. I am a little sad about my backlog but it I hope it was worth it...and i guess i can get them back when Sony and MS do the next generation thing. So all i have is to get are some games and those are coming from amazon credit so i think im set. I would have never thought twice about getting the 'U" if it wasnt for CAG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back