Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So I preordered 2 Wii Us through Best Buy, one online, one in-store because I don't trust Best Buy... and this is why.

An hour and a half ago, I got an email saying there was a billing problem and they couldn't charge my card. A half hour ago, I get another email saying the order has been canceled. Both systems are on the same card.

Wow, thanks BB. Of course, they canceled the in-store order. Anyone else have this happen? Now I'm worried the online will get canceled especially since, for some reason, any email from BB to my Yahoo account never makes it.

Why did Amazon have to not stock Wii Us? >.<

EDIT: Called Best Buy, guy on the phone was completely worthless. There was a credit 'hold' with my card, you know, the one on both system preorders, the other of which is fine. I called my CC company, absolutely no problems. And since the order was canceled, I can't get it back. I would keep a close eye on your BB preorders. BB might be purging because they oversold.

EDIT2: From the are you kidding me department... when I said I called my CC company, I checked my account online and it was fine. I go upstairs and my cell has a text from Citicards saying 'Best Buy wants to charge you $374.49, should we do it? Please respond'. What I discovered is that apparently, Best Buy is either fully charging or redoing holds. My first preorder went through fine. The second one got flagged and Citicards blocked it. Of course, I was asleep during this whole thing, so I couldn't respond.

So, because Best Buy gave me an hour to respond, I lost one preorder. The good news is there is a reason so it's not some kind of play by Best Buy to whittle down preorders. However, fuck you Best Buy for redoing a hold on a Saturday and giving me an hour to fix a problem. I'll just have to hope BB honors my first preorder otherwise I am shit out of luck.

A word of warning to anyone with multiple preorders at BB with Citibank as your CC. You may want to call authorizing multiple charges/alert removal for BB charges or you might get boned like I did.

[quote name='portnoyd']So I preordered 2 Wii Us through Best Buy, one online, one in-store because I don't trust Best Buy... and this is why.

An hour and a half ago, I got an email saying there was a billing problem and they couldn't charge my card. A half hour ago, I get another email saying the order has been canceled. Both systems are on the same card.

Wow, thanks BB. Of course, they canceled the in-store order. Anyone else have this happen? Now I'm worried the online will get canceled especially since, for some reason, any email from BB to my Yahoo account never makes it.

Why did Amazon have to not stock Wii Us? >.<

EDIT: Called Best Buy, guy on the phone was completely worthless. There was a credit 'hold' with my card, you know, the one on both system preorders, the other of which is fine. I called my CC company, absolutely no problems. And since the order was canceled, I can't get it back. I would keep a close eye on your BB preorders. BB might be purging because they oversold.[/QUOTE]

Go through Walmart in-store instead. At least you'll know if your card gets denied at the point of sale.

My WalMart has absolutely no idea. The lady at layaway said she didn't have anything telling her about the Wii U. I was told to call back later. Sigh, ridiculous.

[quote name='therealdanhill']My WalMart has absolutely no idea. The lady at layaway said she didn't have anything telling her about the Wii U. I was told to call back later. Sigh, ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Walmart employees are kept in the dark for a reason, otherwise this wouldn't be happening on a regular basis.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Walmart employees are kept in the dark for a reason, otherwise this wouldn't be happening on a regular basis.[/QUOTE]

thats completely true, and they treat there employees like shit no wonder 28 stores striked, dont blame them

Bestbuy just charged my Credit Card for the black Wii U.

Is it a good idea to preorder the pro controller? i thought it didnt work with wii virtua console games

[quote name='w00dm4n']Bestbuy just charged my Credit Card for the black Wii U.[/QUOTE]It's likely just a temporary hold. A lot stores will do temporary holds once a month or so if you have something on preorder just to make sure the card is still valid and such.

Went by my local Wally World and they close at midnight. The electronic manager went in the back and pulled out his printout. He said tomorrow at 9am in layaway. Just for the hell of it, I asked him if the printout mentioned limit one per customer and he read the entire form he had and said he didn't see limitations. I hope you can't get unlimited because I would hate to get there tomorrow and be third in line behind people getting as many as they can afford. But I wouldn't mind being able to lock down 2. Then I could either give one to my son for Christmas and keep one for myself or sell one to pay for his Christmas gift if they go for that much.

I just called Walmart again and asked for Electronics. Nobody there picked up so somehow it got redirected to Site to Store/Layaway, and the guy said it's only during layaway hours from 9am to 9pm. I asked specifically about coming in at midnight for this and he said "absolutely not". So there you go..

[quote name='Vap']I'll be more concerned about what will happen on the bus ride home with a Wii U in your hands.[/QUOTE]

I have 2 friends/co-workers who live within 5 minutes of the Walmart I'm going to and they have cars so I'll make them authorized pick up persons. On launch day they will pick up the console for me and I will get it from them at work the next day. You're crazy to think I'm getting on the bus with it. ;)

I just called my CC to make sure they allow this charge everytime it comes through, because the first time they locked my card down. I pre ordered bundle from Walmart. I told the the CC that make sure this charge goes through I don't want them cancelling my order. I hate when they do this crap. The nice woman said she noted the amount and where it was from and it should go through now whether it's an authorization or the full charge. If I was anyone that had any doubt if your CC will put a hold on your CC I would call and make sure telling them the details of who, how much, and how many times it could be expected.

[quote name='rayfrombk']I just called Walmart again and asked for Electronics. Nobody there picked up so somehow it got redirected to Site to Store/Layaway, and the guy said it's only during layaway hours from 9am to 9pm. I asked specifically about coming in at midnight for this and he said "absolutely not". So there you go..[/QUOTE]

Somebody else will be working there at midnight.
They will start taking preorder layaways.
They will sell out before 9am.
So there you go..

Walmart is making me so frustrated. I guess I am just going to have to stop by a few Walmarts on my way home and ask someone in person about a midnight pre-order. Just about every Walmart tells me that they don't do pre-orders, then I tell them about the ad and they go practically silent.

[quote name='gordojones88']Somebody else will be working there at midnight.
They will start taking preorder layaways.
They will sell out before 9am.
So there you go..[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I know layaway will be open at midnight on launch day, but this is just the preorder portion. It's not like a big event or anything. Of course I'll be happy if they take preorders at midnight, but now I doubt it.

best buy cancelled my deluxe from the first day preorders were available . something about authoring my credit card. called bank told them its ok then bestbuy already cancelled order. so fucking mad.

My Walmart closes at midnight and then reopens at 6am. The electronic manager told me 9am tomorrow at layaway counter. But to be safe, I may stroll by Walmart around 11pm and just check it out. I'd hate for something to go down tonight and I'm there around 7:30am SOL.
I've looked at the ad posted in this thread and didn't see limitations. Does anyone know if this is one per person? That could help me decide what time to get there in the morning. If there is no limit, I'll get there earlier since you have no clue how many the people in front of you are buying.

[quote name='jpatern']My Walmart closes at midnight and then reopens at 6am. The electronic manager told me 9am tomorrow at layaway counter. But to be safe, I may stroll by Walmart around 11pm and just check it out. I'd hate for something to go down tonight and I'm there around 7:30am SOL.
I've looked at the ad posted in this thread and didn't see limitations. Does anyone know if this is one per person? That could help me decide what time to get there in the morning. If there is no limit, I'll get there earlier since you have no clue how many the people in front of you are buying.[/QUOTE]

The internal memo that was posted in this thread states a limit of 2 per person may be reserved.

I called another Walmart just now and the lady told me right away after I mentioned Wii U that it will start at 9am and that she will be the person setting up the layaway for me when I get there. I asked her how many consoles their store is getting but she didn't know and told me to get there a little earlier if I can. I think I'm going to be there at 6:30am.

[quote name='rayfrombk']The internal memo that was posted in this thread states a limit of 2 per person may be reserved.

I called another Walmart just now and the lady told me right away after I mentioned Wii U that it will start at 9am and that she will be the person setting up the layaway for me when I get there. I asked her how many consoles their store is getting but she didn't know and told me to get there a little earlier if I can. I think I'm going to be there at 6:30am.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was thinking 7:30 but earlier may be better. There is a McDonald's in the one I go to. I guess I could get there around 6:30 and if no one in line, go eat some breakfast real quick and then camp. I have no clue how many people to expect. But if they let you get up to 2 each, there is potential for a lot of flippers to be there.

[quote name='jpatern']Thanks. I was thinking 7:30 but earlier may be better. There is a McDonald's in the one I go to. I guess I could get there around 6:30 and if no one in line, go eat some breakfast real quick and then camp. I have no clue how many people to expect. But if they let you get up to 2 each, there is potential for a lot of flippers to be there.[/QUOTE]

LOL I was thinking the exact same thing. The one I'm going to has a McDonald's also. :D

..and now that I think about it some more I might even show up at 1:30am. I'm not about to travel 1.5 hours in the middle of the night to find out there's already a huge line ahead of me.

6am would be the absolute earliest I would get there and doubt I'll be there at 6. Mine closes at midnight and then opens at 6am. Let's just say there are some people lined up out front before 6, that will be interesting scene seeing the mad dash to layaway in the back of the store.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Walmart employees are kept in the dark for a reason, otherwise this wouldn't be happening on a regular basis.[/QUOTE]

I'm a vendor for Walmart. As far as I can tell, all Walmart employees do is bitch and moan about their hours, pay, management, and the person in their department that doesn't do shit on the clock.

They have no time or knowledge of your Wii U pre-order problems.

[quote name='jpatern']6am would be the absolute earliest I would get there and doubt I'll be there at 6. Mine closes at midnight and then opens at 6am. Let's just say there are some people lined up out front before 6, that will be interesting scene seeing the mad dash to layaway in the back of the store.[/QUOTE]

Better get there quick. People are already lining up in my Walmart. Talking bout Santa not gonna be a dumb fuck this mother fuckin Chrismas and shit.

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']Better get there quick. People are already lining up in my Walmart. Talking bout Santa not gonna be a dumb fuck this mother fuckin Chrismas and shit.[/QUOTE]

Christ, are you serious? That's not a 24hr Walmart right? My location is 24hr.. do I need to go now?

[quote name='rayfrombk']Christ, are you serious? That's not a 24hr Walmart right? My location is 24hr.. do I need to go now?[/QUOTE]

Call first man - mother fuckers are motherfucking crazy in this mother fucker where I mother fucking live mother fucker. You mother fucking feel me? Mother fucking call first to be mother fucking safe. Dont want you to be mother fucking wasting your mother fucking time over this mother fucking pre-order mother fucker.

Calling yields...intersting results.

I call my suburbia Walmart (24 hour) and they're telling me there's different layaway departments per zone. Then I call them back to find out what time customer service layaway closes and she's like "I don't know just be here before 11pm."

I call my hicksville Walmart (not 24 hour) and straight up tells me customer service closes at 9pm and opens again at 9am and she doesn't know anything about Wii U pre-ordering.

3h25.jpg

Holy geez - I've been creepin since '06!

Found out my layaway/photo/site to store center is only open 9am-10pm sometimes closes sooner. So they will start taking preorders for sure at 9am on Sunday. Won't be doing it at midnight since they have no one to run the layaway center since no one really goes to that Walmart after midnight here.

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']Call first man - mother fuckers are motherfucking crazy in this mother fucker where I mother fucking live mother fucker. You mother fucking feel me? Mother fucking call first to be mother fucking safe. Dont want you to be mother fucking wasting your mother fucking time over this mother fucking pre-order mother fucker.[/QUOTE]

:/

Okay everyone, PLEASE let others know what happens with your midnight preorder/layaway situation. Bring your cell phone! If you are getting up early, consider checking here before you go out.

worst case scenario:
if there are stores that allow layaway at midnight, there literally might be NO preorders left at 8 a.m. You could be first in line and get nothing! Also, pick a Wal-Mart that is faster/knows what they're doing better then others as if there is a real limited amount of preorders available the speed of the layaway person could come into play.

That's worst case scenario of course, you'll probably be fine =).

edit: of course, this is also assuming that Wal-Mart has a certain amount TOTAL and would potentially presell 50 at one location and 0 at another ... if it's per store, never mind.

[quote name='gordojones88']Just got back from my 24 hour Walmart.
2 guys were sitting in fold-up chairs back in Layaway.[/QUOTE]

Mother of crap. I'm so glad I'm #1 at my GS and I don't have to deal with this horse shit.

[quote name='gordojones88']Just got back from my 24 hour Walmart.
2 guys were sitting in fold-up chairs back in Layaway.[/QUOTE]

Well shit.. I was planning on getting there around midnight. :roll:

[quote name='paulwekiva']
Okay everyone, PLEASE let others know what happens with your midnight preorder/layaway situation. Bring your cell phone!
[/QUOTE]

Okay, post your phone number and I'll call you?

I just called my local Walmart looking for info. The lady attempted to transfer me to Electronics, and after five minutes of rapid rings, she picked up again. She said she'd page them to take the call and put me on hold, but after another five minutes of no answer, I just hung up.

Tried calling a store that's a bit further away, and the same exact thing happened.

Are the people in Electronics just so sick of the phone calls that they're not picking up the phone anymore?

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']I just called my local Walmart looking for info. The lady attempted to transfer me to Electronics, and after five minutes of rapid rings, she picked up again. She said she'd page them to take the call and put me on hold, but after another five minutes of no answer, I just hung up.

Tried calling a store that's a bit further away, and the same exact thing happened.

Are the people in Electronics just so sick of the phone calls that they're not picking up the phone anymore?[/QUOTE]

Calling Walmart is the most frustrating experience ever. I called them all evening last night and they never pick up. I only got through to 1 last night and they still couldn't patch me over to Electronics. I was finally able to get through to Electronics/Layaway at 2 stores this morning.

[quote name='pedrobeara']lol you all should of pre ordered when you had the chance[/QUOTE]

Nice trolling jerkass.
We are preordering. Walmart is my preferred store.

I might would head out to walmart in the morning but the town I live in now is about an hour away from where I will be living around launch time.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Mother of crap. I'm so glad I'm #1 at my GS and I don't have to deal with this horse shit.[/QUOTE]

When the Wii launched back in 2006 my wife and I were grabbing some late night snacks at Meijer and there was about 20 people lined up in folding lawn chairs or just sitting on the floor. This was probably around 10 pm. Thankfully I had preordered at gamestop.

[quote name='pedrobeara']lol you all should of pre ordered when you had the chance[/QUOTE]

Oh, I did... several times. I want more, though ;).

My rural Ohio store confirmed layaway 9 AM. Now, I'm wondering when to get there.

Any idea on the #'s of U's that will be available for PO? I know the smaller the area, the smaller the # but I'm curious.

[quote name='rightwingjedi']My rural Ohio store confirmed layaway 9 AM. Now, I'm wondering when to get there.

Any idea on the #'s of U's that will be available for PO? I know the smaller the area, the smaller the # but I'm curious.[/QUOTE]

Nobody knows this. Including at least one of Walmart and Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back