Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my pre-order at the Porter Ranch,CA Wal-Mart. Took a couple people even though the memo was right at layaway. One wierd thing is the woman said at least one payment had to be made every 30 days or else the layaway would cancel. Since the system is out in over30 days she told me I'd have to do at least one more payment, even if $10. Anyone else hear this?

[quote name='strangelove']Well that was easy. I just pre-ordered two from my Walmart. Was first to do so. At 3:00. Had to show assistant manager the memo. He didnt even know about it.[/QUOTE]

I can't say I'm surprised. The flippers and folks "reserving one for a friend" will probably be lucky to break even.

There's demand for this console, but not nearly what the fanboys and speculators would lead you to believe.

I'd pre order one there ain't no games coming out though I can't already get on my ps3 or 360 that I want escept maybe new super Mario bros u. Oh well I'll wait for a good bundle or price drop amd for some reviews.

[quote name='PaleGreen']I can't say I'm surprised. The flippers and folks "reserving one for a friend" will probably be lucky to break even.

There's demand for this console, but not nearly what the fanboys and speculators would lead you to believe.[/QUOTE]

Lucky to break even? How ignorant are you? lol

That's why EVERYWHERE is sold out except Walmart today. Not that many people know about Walmart preorders.

[quote name='rockotaco1']Lucky to break even? How ignorant are you? lol

That's why EVERYWHERE is sold out except Walmart today. Not that many people know about Walmart preorders.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting Wii's gathering dust across the nation will lead to alternate gifts, like iPad minis. "But junior never plays the one we waited in line for a few years ago!"

We'll see how shrewd the speculators are. Some will make a few bucks, many will not.

OMG. Walmart sucks. Some old dude told me "why would we sell something we don't have in stock?" Literally, he was three feet away from a display of preorder cards for Medal of Honor.

The memo seems powerless to convince them. The manager is checking his email. Yeesh.

[quote name='PaleGreen']I'm betting Wii's gathering dust across the nation will lead to alternate gifts, like iPad minis. "But junior never plays the one we waited in line for a few years ago!"

We'll see how shrewd the speculators are. Some will make a few bucks, many will not.[/QUOTE]

At this point, i don't think its fair for either side to act like they know what will happen. Its a no lose situation anyways.

I cancelled my online Gamestop preorder after I got my local Walmart one. I was second at the Walmart at around 12:15 pm local time. I'm not dying for one so if Walmart screws it up, I won't be too upset. It beat paying shipping from Gamestop and not even getting the system until a week later.

[quote name='GohanX']I'd put more faith in Gamestop than Walmart when it comes to preorders. Preordering in general is their thing.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking but I went to Walmart to get another one on preorder but neither the layaway or electronic department knew anything about it. They told me its an online preorder thing and not in store :roll:
GameStop don't fail me now!

[quote name='rockotaco1']Lucky to break even? How ignorant are you? lol

That's why EVERYWHERE is sold out except Walmart today. Not that many people know about Walmart preorders.[/QUOTE]

You realize some of the preorders, if not most, are speculators right?

I'm glad I'm not speculating on the wiiU for money. And I'm a big wii supporter.

Scalpers can return the console if the resale is too low.

There's no risk, unless you get shot as you walk out the store and somebody grabs the bag. :lol:

went to my walmart today at 3pm and the layaway person knew right away what to do. took about 5 minutes...

my walmart sucks i'm surprised they actually did something right. In the past I usually had to wait 30 minutes when I tried to do instore pickup.. and if i asked someone they said they can't help or they will go in the back and ask and then i never see them again.

I just preordered one from Walmart in Stillwater, MN. They had no idea it was even going on. Had to show them the memo before they would even check on it. They had no interest in even checking on it for me until I told them I wanted them to find out what was going on.

[quote name='Dozens']Scalpers can return the console if the resale is too low.

There's no risk, unless you get shot as you walk out the store and somebody grabs the bag. :lol:[/QUOTE]

LOL, don't jinx it.

Got mine today went to Walmart here in Coos Bay, OR around 8am saw no one was in line so I went to have breakfast and came back around 8:30 still no one there. So I sat on the bench until 9 then some lady helped me she knew what I was talking about just had to get a manager because she had acouple of questions bout the memo. Pretty much once the manager got there they entered all my info I paid $40 for now got my receipt and left. I was the only one in line so first yay! xD

I am just curious. I am not buying one to do this but,

How much do you think a WiiU will sell on eBay during the first week of launch?

I remember seeing Wii's go for $700-800...

Once again I am not pre-ordering one to re-sell it.

[quote name='Dozens']Scalpers can return the console if the resale is too low.

There's no risk, unless you get shot as you walk out the store and somebody grabs the bag. :lol:[/QUOTE]Good luck. Wal-Mart only gives you 15 days to return Video Game Hardware :applause:

[quote name='CAGALICIOUS']I am just curious. I am not buying one to do this but,

How much do you think a WiiU will sell on eBay during the first week of launch?

I remember seeing Wii's go for $700-800...

Once again I am not pre-ordering one to re-sell it.[/QUOTE]

I say 450-550. This is definitely not as hyped as Wii was.

[quote name='b4mv']I went to walmart. Blue Laws had layaway closed. >.>[/QUOTE]

North Dakota? My wife did her grad internship there and the first time I heard about the Blue Law while shopping at Wal-Mart late on a Saturday, I thought it was a joke.

[quote name='jwcdis']I say 450-550. This is definitely as hyped as Wii was.[/QUOTE]
That seems low. I saw the $249 iPhone 5's selling for $700 on eBay last week...

[quote name='Justin42']Got my pre-order at the Porter Ranch,CA Wal-Mart. Took a couple people even though the memo was right at layaway. One wierd thing is the woman said at least one payment had to be made every 30 days or else the layaway would cancel. Since the system is out in over30 days she told me I'd have to do at least one more payment, even if $10. Anyone else hear this?[/QUOTE]

Did u just preorder or did u go in the morning? Thinking of heading over to porter ranch soon :)

I work at Walmart. Came in at 1 wanting to preorder before clocking in. The person over layaway said the Wii U was a printing error. I asked to speak to a manager since I knew better. She said no. I said ok and clocked in. I spoke to a manager and told him to find the memo for the Wii U. We found it and got the pre order ready to go. She said she even turned down people earlier for it too. Good thing I work there I guess... Ordered two and the discount worked.

[quote name='gordojones88']Ebayers and flippers.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='anumeric']Did u just preorder or did u go in the morning? Thinking of heading over to porter ranch soon :)[/QUOTE]

Layway is by the Garden cashiers (it's the one on the left by the bikes).

[quote name='majorscud']target.com just cancelled my WiiU preorder, thankfully I had a backup at gamestop (#1 on list)[/QUOTE]
Damn that sucks, getting a bit worried about my Gamestop.com preorder but well hopefully all ends well.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']I already see some going on Ebay for 700.[/QUOTE]

That will drop a lot once the release day gets here and all the other flippers put there stuff up. They will end up driving the price down since at least 75% of the sales seem to be bums looking to make money off someone elses work. I would say come release date, $450 (Deluxe version) seems about what I imagine they will be selling for. The low price on Amazon for the Wii U drops every other day.

[quote name='musha666']That will drop a lot once the release day gets here and all the other flippers put there stuff up. They will end up driving the price down since at least 75% of the sales seem to be bums looking to make money off someone elses work. I would say come release date, $450 (Deluxe version) seems about what I imagine they will be selling for. The low price on Amazon for the Wii U drops every other day.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Christmas is coming up so every hot thing out will drive the price up tremendously. This happens every year and it's not gonna be any different this year.

[quote name='CAGALICIOUS']That seems low. I saw the $249 iPhone 5's selling for $700 on eBay last week...[/QUOTE]

$700 is about the price for the iPhone 5 off contract after taxes. So $700 seems a bit low.

[quote name='209chromatic']$700 is about the price for the iPhone 5 off contract after taxes. So $700 seems a bit low.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. There's a big difference between a subsidized iPhone and a wiiU.

Walked into my closest 24-hour Walmart at 3:20 PM. Went to layaway and the lady told me that she has only had 2 pre-orders today. I was so excited as I have been worrying all morning at work about the pre-orders. I had practically convinced myself that not a single Walmart in my area would have any left by the time I was finished working.

musha666 wrote
That will drop a lot once the release day gets here and all the other flippers put there stuff up. They will end up driving the price down since at least 75% of the sales seem to be bums looking to make money off someone elses work.

Interesting. So are the Nintendo executives "bums" for looking to make money off of the hardware and software designer's work? Are the retail companies "bums" looking to make money off of Nintendo's work?

Stupid comment.

Yes you did make a stupid comment.

There's a big difference from being part of Nintendo or even part of the retail infrastructure and being part of the bottom feeding eBay economy.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Good luck. Wal-Mart only gives you 15 days to return Video Game Hardware :applause:[/QUOTE]

Your point? That only adds risk if you decide to keep it past the return period. :lol:

Just finished my pre-ordering my Wii U a few minutes ago. Took forever because I was the first person to pre-order one and they had no idea how to do it yet.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Good luck. Wal-Mart only gives you 15 days to return Video Game Hardware :applause:[/QUOTE]

Not taking any sides but normally during holidays retailers modify or extended their return policy to make sure it is easy for shopper to return or exchange products. They know that people are going to get gifts that they don't want.

confoosious wrote

There's a big difference from being part of Nintendo or even part of the retail infrastructure and being part of the bottom feeding eBay economy.

Yet you do not say what that difference is? Are you aware that when Nintendo released the original 3DS the Retail price was $250.00 while the manufacturing cost was $100.71. More than a 50% mark up. Nintendo selling an item with a high mark up versus a customer reselling an item they purchased for more money.

The irony of people on a site called "cheapassgamers" calling people out for trying to make a buck never escapes me. Harkens me back to the good old days when Konami sent me a free limted edition MGS4 40gb PS3 and members of the site were calling me immoral and warning me how karma was going to bite me in the ass. When I want morality I will go to church. Let the people try to make a buck. If they fail, that is their concern. No different than buying stocks. Most people cant get into an IPO and they have to buy the stock in the secondary market.

[quote name='geotech']confoosious wrote

Yet you do not say what that difference is? Are you aware that when Nintendo released the original 3DS the Retail price was $250.00 while the manufacturing cost was $100.71. More than a 50% mark up. Nintendo selling an item with a high mark up versus a customer reselling an item they purchased for more money.[/QUOTE]

Hey it may cost $100.71 to manufacture it but it doesn't take into account all the $$$ poured into R&D and marketing.

But in the ends who cares about little stuff like this.

[quote name='geotech']confoosious wrote

Yet you do not say what that difference is? Are you aware that when Nintendo released the original 3DS the Retail price was $250.00 while the manufacturing cost was $100.71. More than a 50% mark up. Nintendo selling an item with a high mark up versus a customer reselling an item they purchased for more money.[/QUOTE]

Your mom sells
cookies
at a mark up.

[quote name='GoldenTiger']Yeah, that is exactly what I did. Really glad I heard about this extra preorder thing at walmart.[/QUOTE]

It was pretty epic. The rep asked me what the difference was between the two sku's. I told her everything I knew about it like I worked for Nintendo, lol. I'm excited for this launch. I haven't went to a lunch in God knows how long it's been. I always remember wanting to get a Playstation for my Christmas, and I had to wait until my birthday to get one. The same thing happened with the Xbox 360. Good times. I hope everyone got the amount they wanted. It'll be fun paying off my credit card bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back