Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Same with my Walmart, Trent82... they had a blue binder that had a picture of the Wii U Deluxe, a barcode, and a bunch of rules about when we could pick it up, etc.

If you have an issue.. don't forget it was on the front page of their weekly ad they have all over the store..

Less than 30 days to go!

[quote name='Katsumi']Same with my Walmart, Trent82... they had a blue binder that had a picture of the Wii U Deluxe, a barcode, and a bunch of rules about when we could pick it up, etc.

If you have an issue.. don't forget it was on the front page of their weekly ad they have all over the store..

Less than 30 days to go![/QUOTE]

My friend went to two Walmarts today. The first had no clue, and sent him back and forth between layaway and electronics. They told him he could put a Wii U on layaway on Nov 16th, hah. Lucky the second Walmart knew about the deal, and he was able to reserve it. Strangely though he had to pay the full amount (minus a penny) up front. I thought with layaway you only paid $5 + 10% or something like that. But at least he'll get one.

Edit: Nevermind, there was a misunderstanding: You do only have to pay $5 + 10%.

[quote name='samssf']My friend went to two Walmarts today. The first had no clue, and sent him back and forth between layaway and electronics. They told him he could put a Wii U on layaway on Nov 16th, hah. Lucky the second Walmart knew about the deal, and he was able to reserve it. Strangely though he had to pay the full amount (minus a penny) up front. I thought with layaway you only paid $5 + 10% or something like that. But at least he'll get one.

Edit: Nevermind, there was a misunderstanding: You do only have to pay $5 + 10%.[/QUOTE]

I also paid everything minus a penny up front just to see if the layaway person asks for the penny when I pick it up. That awkward moment..

I imagine they will just give me back $4.99 instead when they refund the layaway fee. I purchased it in NJ so I get cash back instead of a gift card.

[quote name='kenhina343']has anyone noticed ebay prices are dropping like crazy for the wii u?[/QUOTE]

Did you not just read what was posted only a few posts above? :lol:

[quote name='kaydigi']Shut down at my local walmart, every employee insisted they are not taking pre orders. Will try again though.[/QUOTE]

Reason why so many Wal-Marts still have zero to only a few preorders.

I asked the front desk at my local Target (Madison, WI), and they had the cards behind the counter. Strange thing is, they only charged me $1 for the reservation card. It says on the card it should be $5.

The Union City, CA Walmart was still taking orders today. I'm not sure if I buy it, but the clerk claimed the the number of pre-orders determined the allocation for the store, not that each store was allocated X number of pre-orders.

[quote name='InFlames215']I asked the front desk at my local Target (Madison, WI), and they had the cards behind the counter. Strange thing is, they only charged me $1 for the reservation card. It says on the card it should be $5.[/QUOTE]
Did they explain to you the process and how they will "guarantee" a console for you?

[quote name='vcplant']The Union City, CA Walmart was still taking orders today. I'm not sure if I buy it, but the clerk claimed the the number of pre-orders determined the allocation for the store, not that each store was allocated X number of pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

LOL i hate that wal-mart... try going there any time after like 6pm and it's like black friday

Went to 4 targets today. Only one had pre-order cards. It was a dollar (and it comes with a $5 at pickup? cashier and manager were confused on price but still went ok) Sold out of black models same day.

[quote name='rayfrombk']Did they explain to you the process and how they will "guarantee" a console for you?[/QUOTE]

They mumbled something about a blood ritual and sacrifice.

[quote name='juanawoman']Reason why so many Wal-Marts still have zero to only a few preorders.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter. On launch day they are still going to have a huge gigantic line with way more people than they have consoles.

[quote name='vcplant']The Union City, CA Walmart was still taking orders today. I'm not sure if I buy it, but the clerk claimed the the number of pre-orders determined the allocation for the store, not that each store was allocated X number of pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

The WalMart I went to (Pearland HWY 35, Texas) said that they have an allocation, nothing about how many people pre-order. He told me they sold half of the amount they are getting. I got 2 as a backup plan to GS and BBY incase things get messy. Also I still see the sings up for pre-orders for the WiiU at all 3 Pearland Walmarts not sure if the 20th was the cutoff day for some reason i thought I saw a sign say November 1st

Slightly off topic, but for those who care, Nintendo has released its first commercial for the Wii U on live T.V. It was shown all over the UK and is the first official Wii U commercial. It seemed to be geared towards the "Casual Gamer" or for people who are oblivious to what the Wii U is. The commercial seemed a little weird and dosent seem like it could live up to the USA's standards of advertising. Im not sure why I feel that way, it just gave me that vibe. Weird thing is, the Wii U will be released in the USA before the UK so why show commercials over there first? We have less than 27 days untill launch and the USA still has no commercials. A little strange if you ask me. Anyhow, here is one of many YouTube links to the video for those of you who have not seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMVfIe536J0

[quote name='BigJoe']Slightly off topic, but for those who care, Nintendo has released its first commercial for the Wii U on live T.V. It was shown all over the UK and is the first official Wii U commercial. It seemed to be geared towards the "Casual Gamer" or for people who are oblivious to what the Wii U is. The commercial seemed a little weird and dosent seem like it could live up to the USA's standards of advertising. Im not sure why I feel that way, it just gave me that vibe. Weird thing is, the Wii U will be released in the USA before the UK so why show commercials over there first? We have less than 27 days untill launch and the USA still has no commercials. A little strange if you ask me. Anyhow, here is one of many YouTube links to the video for those of you who have not seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMVfIe536J0[/QUOTE]

That is one bad commercial. I honestly thought it was fan made....

I seriously think they should use the fanmade My Body Is Ready commercials that are on Youtube. The general public won't understand, but I think they're perfect.

And dammit, I just realized that my name is incorrect on my receipt. It's my fault for not noticing, I guess...I often forget that people don't know how to read a driver's license properly. This happens to me all the time. Hopefully it won't be a problem when I go to pick up the console.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Where is the best place to get a preorder right now?[/QUOTE]

Well I managed to put a Wii U on layaway at Walmart yesterday. I'm assuming you still can.

[quote name='BigJoe']Slightly off topic, but for those who care, Nintendo has released its first commercial for the Wii U on live T.V. It was shown all over the UK and is the first official Wii U commercial. It seemed to be geared towards the "Casual Gamer" or for people who are oblivious to what the Wii U is. The commercial seemed a little weird and dosent seem like it could live up to the USA's standards of advertising. Im not sure why I feel that way, it just gave me that vibe. Weird thing is, the Wii U will be released in the USA before the UK so why show commercials over there first? We have less than 27 days untill launch and the USA still has no commercials. A little strange if you ask me. Anyhow, here is one of many YouTube links to the video for those of you who have not seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMVfIe536J0[/QUOTE]

"A brand new console"

THANK fuckING GOD. They finally say something to differentiate it from the Wii. Definitely could have been executed better, though.

Went to my local Target this morning before work. I went to the Wii section, but there were only pre-sell/reservation cards for the games on the shelf. I asked the guy at the counter but no luck. I even gave him the DCPI # to look up. He also claimed that that store was not going to be selling them - at all. I'm very skeptical about that statement and just going to go by the "employees don't know jack shit" rule of thumb. I'm going to try 2 other stores after work.

[quote name='ItsaMeMario']LOL i hate that wal-mart... try going there any time after like 6pm and it's like black friday[/QUOTE]

He also said it was going to be available for midnight pickup on launch day at his location if you want extra Black Friday madness.

[quote name='gordojones88']They mumbled something about a blood ritual and sacrifice.[/QUOTE]
Blood shed over a console? Close enough. :whistle2:#

[quote name='rayfrombk']Went to my local Target this morning before work. I went to the Wii section, but there were only pre-sell/reservation cards for the games on the shelf. I asked the guy at the counter but no luck. I even gave him the DCPI # to look up. He also claimed that that store was not going to be selling them - at all. I'm very skeptical about that statement and just going to go by the "employees don't know jack shit" rule of thumb. I'm going to try 2 other stores after work.[/QUOTE]

I had no luck with 3 different target I went to as well. The DCPI seems to be the only way any employee knows what you are talking about and each store I got a different story. One employee said they will not get any in until November 18th or so. I explained that they are pre-order cards and he still said yeh that is when they would come in. One employee looked it up and told me how they aren't going to be coming in the store. Another told me it will be a couple weeks before release most likely but there should be "tons" available like Skylanders which I think we all know isn't true and that allocation will be tight. I am hoping that places get shipped cards today but it seems like the best bet for all of us is going to be to just continuously check the stores.

[quote name='UnseenGamer7']I had no luck with 3 different target I went to as well. The DCPI seems to be the only way any employee knows what you are talking about and each store I got a different story. One employee said they will not get any in until November 18th or so. I explained that they are pre-order cards and he still said yeh that is when they would come in. One employee looked it up and told me how they aren't going to be coming in the store. Another told me it will be a couple weeks before release most likely but there should be "tons" available like Skylanders which I think we all know isn't true and that allocation will be tight. I am hoping that places get shipped cards today but it seems like the best bet for all of us is going to be to just continuously check the stores.[/QUOTE]

Do you mind sharing the DCPI number :)

I wonder if Amazon is going to sell the wii u at all. If I recall they don't sell / never sold the 3DS XL so it seems like they may stop carrying newer nintendo consoles for some reason. I am hoping they eventually give in and sell them though, maybe they will post them at midnight on release day. Anyone hear anything or have any opinions on Amazon carrying the the Wii U?

[quote name='jessesixto']Do you mind sharing the DCPI number :)[/QUOTE]

The number is 207070473 for the deluxe model. Hopefully you get lucky, I wonder if the people would look up the dcpi if you just called since I assume any new deliveries today would be processed by the afternoon.

[quote name='UnseenGamer7']I wonder if Amazon is going to sell the wii u at all. If I recall they don't sell / never sold the 3DS XL so it seems like they may stop carrying newer nintendo consoles for some reason. I am hoping they eventually give in and sell them though, maybe they will post them at midnight on release day. Anyone hear anything or have any opinions on Amazon carrying the the Wii U?[/QUOTE]

This has been discussed so many times. It's 99.9% certain that they won't carry the Wii U due to their riff with N. Doubt anyone has any new info on this since both sides have been so tight lipped about it. If they do carry it, it would be a miracle.

I decided to check out the Walmart near me on Saturday to see if they were still taking layaways, and they were so I put in for one. Given some of the stories in this thread, I was surprised with the experience. I noticed in the video game section they had signs up about the Wii U layaway, plus they had a flyer up about it in the layaway section, and doing the layaway itself was no problem at all. Now I just have to hope they get enough systems in.

Will they be setting the systems aside for each of the layaways, or is it first come first serve?

[quote name='rayfrombk']This has been discussed so many times. It's 99.9% certain that they won't carry the Wii U due to their riff with N. Doubt anyone has any new info on this since both sides have been so tight lipped about it. If they do carry it, it would be a miracle.[/QUOTE]

This. The general theory/consensus is that people returned a bunch of first-run 3DS consoles because of the top screen getting scratched by the bottom screen. Amazon tried to get credit for those from Nintendo. Nintendo either said no because the number of returns was too large, or they gave Amazon credit but did so in a begrudging, pain in the ass way. After this, either Amazon decided to stop carrying Nintendo consoles because Nintendo was an ass to work with, or Nintendo chose to stop supplying Amazon because of all of the returns.

Nintendo consoles (Wii, ds lite, dsi, 3ds, Wii u) have not been sold directly through Amazon since shortly after the 3DS launch.

[quote name='gpn']I decided to check out the Walmart near me on Saturday to see if they were still taking layaways, and they were so I put in for one. Given some of the stories in this thread, I was surprised with the experience. I noticed in the video game section they had signs up about the Wii U layaway, plus they had a flyer up about it in the layaway section, and doing the layaway itself was no problem at all. Now I just have to hope they get enough systems in.

Will they be setting the systems aside for each of the layaways, or is it first come first serve?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly they come in as a separate delivery labeled "layaway merchandise" and are stored in the back so that no one can walk into the store and purchase them. Supposedly.

[quote name='UnseenGamer7']I had no luck with 3 different target I went to as well. The DCPI seems to be the only way any employee knows what you are talking about and each store I got a different story. One employee said they will not get any in until November 18th or so. I explained that they are pre-order cards and he still said yeh that is when they would come in. One employee looked it up and told me how they aren't going to be coming in the store. Another told me it will be a couple weeks before release most likely but there should be "tons" available like Skylanders which I think we all know isn't true and that allocation will be tight. I am hoping that places get shipped cards today but it seems like the best bet for all of us is going to be to just continuously check the stores.[/QUOTE]

I had an employee look up the DCPI and it showed No Stock at my Target. When I spoke with the electronics person he said that the stores that are getting stock on the 18th will get cards. Do not know if that means my store is not getting any stock or if the cards will be coming.

I finally got my preorder/layaway at Wal-Mart today. Tried two other Wal-Marts in Cary and Morrisville, NC. One was sold out and the other had no clue about the Wii U layaway deal. The store supervisor said that they weren't getting any for preorders.

Then I called the Wal-Mart in Raleigh Brier Creek and they actually knew what I was talking about. They had flyers in the electronics and layaway department.

I've been checking my local Target for the past 3 days for preorder cards but there weren't any signs that they had gotten any. Hope the Wal-Mart layaway preorders go through!

[quote name='spauldingfan']Looks like "triforce" has started a line for the Wii u in new York again... 4 weeks in advance.[/QUOTE]

More power to him I guess. I'll be fine being 10th in line at my local BB/GS here on the West Coast, 3 hours after people on the East Coast have had it.

[quote name='spauldingfan']Looks like "triforce" has started a line for the Wii u in new York again... 4 weeks in advance.[/QUOTE]

A line.. already????

I managed to pre-order (via layaway) a WiiU Deluxe Edition at Walmart today. They said that they will have it but they might not have enough the day of release so I'll get it before Dec 14th and they'll call me when its ready to be picked up.

Can't wait to play it. If I don't like it, I'm hoping to get a good amount of money reselling it. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Wonder how much I'd get considering its a hard to find item already.

I was able to find 2 preorder cards for the deluxe wii u today at target. They also had a bunch of reservation cards for the el cheapo version

[quote name='Yigytugd']I managed to pre-order (via layaway) a WiiU Deluxe Edition at Walmart today. They said that they will have it but they might not have enough the day of release so I'll get it before Dec 14th and they'll call me when its ready to be picked up.

Can't wait to play it. If I don't like it, I'm hoping to get a good amount of money reselling it. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Wonder how much I'd get considering its a hard to find item already.[/QUOTE]

Well would you look at that. Another person just backing up what people where bashing me for saying. Thank you for this.

I wasn't going to post this but i will post this anyway not in a thread but here that burger king is doing a wii-u instant win game try your luck! you can get a free piece everyday and increase you chances...i ain't a big fan of certain people here so won't post links to where to get free receipt codes you got to work for it later

http://www.qsrweb.com/article/202463/Burger-King-partners-with-Nintendo-for-Wii-U-giveaway

Burger King restaurants are offering guests the chance to win a Wii U system, the new gaming and entertainment system from Nintendo that launches on Nov. 18.
Beginning today, Burger King guests can visit participating restaurants or BK.com/WiiU to learn more about how to enter for a chance to win. As part of the Wii U Instant Win Game, BK guests can go online to play a game, which will utilize information found on their guest receipt. No purchase is necessary.
"Wii U and the integrated Game Pad controller create new and unique ways to play games, enjoy video entertainment and connect with family and friends," said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "By partnering with the Burger King brand, we aim to bring the fun of the Wii U experience to the thousands of families who visit their restaurants."
Additionally, there is a separate contest for kids ages 12 and younger on BKCrown.com. Those who log on and play games will be entered to win one of 10 Wii U systems and other Nintendo-themed prizes.
The promotion continues in store at approximately 7,400 participating Burger King locations in the U.S., where guests will receive a Nintendo-themed toy with the purchase of a Kids Meal during the promotional period. Toys will include Nintendo signatures such as Mario and Luigi figurines, as well as toys inspired by the Wii U console and the Wii U GamePad controller. Additionally, children will be able to get limited-edition Mario and Luigi Wii U-themed BK Crowns and Kids Meal boxes at participating restaurants, as well as a New Super Mario Bros. U Activity Booklet. All toys and promotional items are available while supplies last.
"Like Burger King, the Wii U console provides families with the occasion to get together to enjoy each other and interact in a fun and memorable way," said Flavia Faugeres, executive vice president and global chief marketing officer, Burger King Worldwide. "We've enjoyed a great relationship with Nintendo and are excited to offer our guests a chance to be one of the first to own this highly-anticipated gaming system.

[quote name='BigHerky']I was able to find 2 preorder cards for the deluxe wii u today at target. Had a bunch of reservation cards for the el cheapo version[/QUOTE]

What city did you get them at ?

No Wii U console preorder cards spotted at my local Target, though they did have a few of the game cards out. New SMB U; Zombi U; and I believe Batman: AC. Reserve for $1, get $5 card at pickup, etc.

I found it curious the PS Vita Madden bundle was marked at $.01 on the shelf and in the price checker. I asked the dude working in the dept and he insisted the bundle wasn't marked down in any way. Who knows? This guy seemed fairly clueless.

gizmo... hes the "skater boy" from orange county calif... hes the 1 bying up all the wii u preodrer... store policy says NO RESELLERS so u r breain their code if u r buying them 4 anything other than CHARITY of PERSONAL USE.... so u better cancel ur preorders... luckily i live in md so i can stay away from surfger jerks who thin kthey r cool jus becus they r rich... i have my preorder in and will get it on release DATE.

[quote name='Yigytugd']I managed to pre-order (via layaway) a WiiU Deluxe Edition at Walmart today. They said that they will have it but they might not have enough the day of release so I'll get it before Dec 14th and they'll call me when its ready to be picked up.

Can't wait to play it. If I don't like it, I'm hoping to get a good amount of money reselling it. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Wonder how much I'd get considering its a hard to find item already.[/QUOTE]

This has got me a little worried now. I hope they count who preordered first if it's going to be like this. I was the first at my walmart, so I don't want to get screwed, by them giving it away to those who preordered later than I did.

[quote name='Pepsi']gizmo... hes the "skater boy" from orange county calif... hes the 1 bying up all the wii u preodrer... store policy says NO RESELLERS so u r breain their code if u r buying them 4 anything other than CHARITY of PERSONAL USE.... so u better cancel ur preorders... luckily i live in md so i can stay away from surfger jerks who thin kthey r cool jus becus they r rich... i have my preorder in and will get it on release DATE.[/QUOTE]

Yes! Welcome back mate! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back