Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pepsi']gizmo... hes the "skater boy" from orange county calif... hes the 1 bying up all the wii u preodrer... store policy says NO RESELLERS so u r breain their code if u r buying them 4 anything other than CHARITY of PERSONAL USE.... so u better cancel ur preorders... luckily i live in md so i can stay away from surfger jerks who thin kthey r cool jus becus they r rich... i have my preorder in and will get it on release DATE.[/QUOTE]

this was very difficult to read. if you can, please try to write better.

Last edited by a moderator:
While not really related to the console pre-order, did anyone back out of their Pro Controller controller after hearing headsets would only work with the gamepad?

[quote name='jwcdis']While not really related to the console pre-order, did anyone back out of their Pro Controller controller after hearing headsets would only work with the gamepad?[/QUOTE]

not yet but it kind of made me lose interest in it.

Kinda off topic, but has anyone else gotten their hands on a demo Wii-U? My local Gamestop has one set up where their Wii used to be. Only playable demo was Rayman, however.

[quote name='AgentSquishy']Well would you look at that. Another person just backing up what people where bashing me for saying. Thank you for this.[/QUOTE]

Well, it looks like I'm getting there early and making sure I get mine first. :bouncy:

Just a tip for those who are looking for Target pre-sell cards: when I called my local store again this afternoon I spoke to a more knowledgeable associate. I asked him to look up the DCPI # again and although that store didn't have any in stock, he was able to check stock at nearby locations in their system. I didn't even ask him, but he just started naming stores that have them and how many they have left in stock.

[quote name='rayfrombk']Just a tip for those who are looking for Target pre-sell cards: when I called my local store again this afternoon I spoke to a more knowledgeable associate. I asked him to look up the DCPI # again and although that store didn't have any in stock, he was able to check stock at nearby locations in their system. I didn't even ask him, but he just started naming stores that have them and how many they have left in stock.[/QUOTE]

what city are you in ? Thank you

[quote name='Todmicahels']This has got me a little worried now. I hope they count who preordered first if it's going to be like this. I was the first at my walmart, so I don't want to get screwed, by them giving it away to those who preordered later than I did.[/QUOTE]

When did pre-orders at Walmart start? The Walmart I went was a bit clueless on the matter so I hope few people were able to pre-order or tried to there.

The guy that I spoke to in electronics said that they "can't layaway an item that isn't out yet". When I told him you most certainly can, he just repeated it and gave me a bad look.

I swear, Walmart employees get paid too much in my opinion. Not all but the majority I deal with don't even know basic store operations.

[quote name='Yigytugd']When did pre-orders at Walmart start? The Walmart I went was a bit clueless on the matter so I hope few people were able to pre-order or tried to there.

The guy that I spoke to in electronics said that they "can't layaway an item that isn't out yet". When I told him you most certainly can, he just repeated it and gave me a bad look.

I swear, Walmart employees get paid too much in my opinion. Not all but the majority I deal with don't even know basic store operations.[/QUOTE]

Did u go to the layaway section. That's where you're suppose to do it

[quote name='Yigytugd']When did pre-orders at Walmart start? The Walmart I went was a bit clueless on the matter so I hope few people were able to pre-order or tried to there.

I swear, Walmart employees get paid too much in my opinion. Not all but the majority I deal with don't even know basic store operations.[/QUOTE]

Go to the layaway/customer service/site2store area and have a copy of the memo with you. If they still don't know what you're talking about, ask to speak with a manager. They should know.

[quote name='jwcdis']While not really related to the console pre-order, did anyone back out of their Pro Controller controller after hearing headsets would only work with the gamepad?[/QUOTE]
I never pre-ordered one to begin with. I still haven't been able to come up with a reason to justify getting one. The improved battery life is a plus, but I'll probably just keep my controller plugged in most of the time anyway, so it doesn't really apply to me.

[quote name='Yigytugd']I swear, Walmart employees get paid too much in my opinion. Not all but the majority I deal with don't even know basic store operations.[/QUOTE]
That's the trouble with an equal opportunity employer: they end up hiring a lot of stupid people.

Walmart started it October 14th.

Also, most retail associates only play Ball of Doody and Fadden, so they don't know anything outside of that.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Walmart started it October 14th.

Also, most retail associates only play Ball of Doody and Fadden, so they don't know anything outside of that.[/QUOTE]

Don't make fun of my Call of Duty series, please.

[quote name='ral1121']Don't make fun of my Call of Duty series, please.[/QUOTE]
Carl On Duty :applause: I agree.. CoD is nothing to be messed with.

Originally Posted by Pepsi gizmo... hes the "skater boy" from orange county calif... hes the 1 bying up all the wii u preodrer... store policy says NO RESELLERS so u r breain their code if u r buying them 4 anything other than CHARITY of PERSONAL USE.... so u better cancel ur preorders... luckily i live in md so i can stay away from surfger jerks who thin kthey r cool jus becus they r rich... i have my preorder in and will get it on release DATE.

It's alive!

[quote name='Drclaw411']It's alive![/QUOTE]

He PMed something similar to that to me (how did you get it?)

I don't live in The O.C. nor can I even ride a skateboard. He's crazy.

[quote name='GizmoGC']He PMed something similar to that to me (how did you get it?)

I don't live in The O.C. nor can I even ride a skateboard. He's crazy.[/QUOTE]

He posted it in this thread lol

Who the hell is that guy and why does every screen name he uses contain something about Pepsi? The dude is obsessed with Pepsi. I remember him saying he refused to use the GameStop coke code, and instead paid full price intentionally lol

My main reason for wanting the Pro controller is to play virtual console games, but I haven't heard if you can use it for that purpose yet. I swear if they still make you hook up a regular Wii classic controller to a Wii mote I'm gonna dump an old box of Nintendo cereal all over Reggie.

[quote name='trent82']My main reason for wanting the Pro controller is to play virtual console games, but I haven't heard if you can use it for that purpose yet. I swear if they still make you hook up a regular Wii classic controller to a Wii mote I'm gonna dump an old box of Nintendo cereal all over Reggie.[/QUOTE]

That would suck, you would think they could plan things out a little better. I mean what if you never owned a Wii ? They are going to make you a Wii mote and Classic controller? Thats crazy. You should be able to use it on the new games at the very least.

Dunno if this is new information, 180 pages is a lot of pages to catch up on, but the Target by me in Irvine, CA said that the official street date for the presales of the console (at least for the DCPI # from this thread) is 10/30 (next Tuesday) so they didn't have any/wouldn't sell me one.

That being said, any guesses where I'll be going next Tuesday morning before work?

[quote name='trent82']My main reason for wanting the Pro controller is to play virtual console games, but I haven't heard if you can use it for that purpose yet. I swear if they still make you hook up a regular Wii classic controller to a Wii mote I'm gonna dump an old box of Nintendo cereal all over Reggie.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Pro controller only works for Wii U games.
It will not work for any Wii games including Virtual Console and Wiiware games.

[quote name='gordojones88']Nope. Pro controller only works for Wii U games.
It will not work for any Wii games including Virtual Console and Wiiware games.[/QUOTE]
That is wack as hell.

I was just thinking, with Target now allowing people to preorder the Wii U, I guess that makes lining up a memory of the past now? Sure, some hopefuls will line up hoping they have a few left, but Wal-Mart and Target (not sure about Best Buy or Toysrus) never let you preorder a system. You had to wait in line. I'm gonna kinda sorta miss those days...

[quote name='gordojones88']Nope. Pro controller only works for Wii U games.
It will not work for any Wii games including Virtual Console and Wiiware games.[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to doubt you, but do you have a link that specifically states that the Pro controller cannot be used on virtual console games? I feel like I remember reading that you could not use it for standard Wii games, but I don't remember seeing anything about how virtual console games will be handled. In fact, I feel like Nintendo hasn't said much of anything lately regarding how the virtual console will work on Wii U.

here is the Wii U pre-sell instructions from walmart.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0By8h7wthNpp4TkV5eFIyUzlncGs

I don't know if they were supposed to give that to me or not, but they gave this to me when I did a layaway. I was the first one to order the layaway girl might have been lost after she gave me the instructions. If your walmart doesn't know what to do you're welcome to print this out and walk them through the instructions yourself...

[quote name='PaleGreen']No Wii U console preorder cards spotted at my local Target, though they did have a few of the game cards out. New SMB U; Zombi U; and I believe Batman: AC. Reserve for $1, get $5 card at pickup, etc.

I found it curious the PS Vita Madden bundle was marked at $.01 on the shelf and in the price checker. I asked the dude working in the dept and he insisted the bundle wasn't marked down in any way. Who knows? This guy seemed fairly clueless.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes on shelf label strips, they put the price of a fixture item as 1 cent on there and the item number listed is actually for a sign, shipper, or piece of fixture used in that aisle. When you used the price checker, it looked up the price of the fixture piece, not the actual product. They should be covering those 1 cent labels up or cutting them off.

[quote name='rayfrombk']Go to the layaway/customer service/site2store area and have a copy of the memo with you. If they still don't know what you're talking about, ask to speak with a manager. They should know.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered it at the same Walmart that day. Was just saying how the gaming section did not know what they were talking about. I went to customer service and the kind women guided me to layaway where I was able to pre-order the deluxe edition with no problem.

[quote name='UnseenGamer7']I wonder if Amazon is going to sell the wii u at all. If I recall they don't sell / never sold the 3DS XL so it seems like they may stop carrying newer nintendo consoles for some reason. I am hoping they eventually give in and sell them though, maybe they will post them at midnight on release day. Anyone hear anything or have any opinions on Amazon carrying the the Wii U?[/QUOTE]

I doubt they will have it.

Here is the article from: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=185444

"The Amazon vs. Nintendo squabble about selling 3DS consoles has been dragging on for about a year. Supposedly, it all started off last year when the 3DS launch was less than stellar. Amazon had a lot of unsold 3DS consoles sitting around their warehouses, and they decided to start demanding a bigger wholesaler discount - equal to what Wal-Mart receives. (The Amazon vs. Wal-Mart soap opera is for another thread.)

Anyway, this request was flatly denied. Amazon requested permission to sell the consoles at a discount. Denied again. To strengthen their case, and try to bully their way into the bigger discount, Amazon complained that they have to replace a lot of the systems because of the screen scratching problem, and starting making a big production about sending each and every one back to Nintendo, wanting a full & immediate credit, which started to overwhelm Nintendo's intake for seconds merchandise, which started to make Nintendo really mad, because Amazon was sending over units that had such slight, almost nonexistent problems, that they were not used to being bothered with such trivial things. (Supposedly.) Previously, and for other consoles, Amazon just sold returned (working) consoles at a discount on their "Warehouse Deals" page, which Nintendo doesn't like, but Amazon claimed that they were losing ALL their profit margin on 3DSes with shipping faulty systems back to NOA, as well as dealing with unhappy customers that were leaving and/or not spending as much as previously.

Nintendo smelled bull (and rightly so!) and fired back and said that there WAS no problem with the scratching, and there was no way they were going to piss off all the other big wholesalers by giving Amazon a sweeter deal (when Nintendo already considers Amazon the scourge of the business world for not having any brick & mortar stores - which is why Amazon wasn't getting the Wal-Mart discount in the first place!) Now keep in mind, this was all going down right about the time the price drop was announced, which was another thing that pissed off Amazon. Nobody was buying 3DSes after the price drop was announced, and Amazon does not like having a warehouse full of crap that's not moving. Their business model is structured around moving out cold merchandise by marking stuff down (which of course Nintendo will not allow them to do on consoles.) Then, Nintendo poured gasoline on the fire by permitting Wal-Mart (and only Wal-Mart) to sell consoles at the new, lowered price a couple of days BEFORE the official date of the price drop, without losing their margin on the old stock. Amazon has (reportedly) not bought 3DS consoles direct from NOA since that day. (Though they've occasionally picked up some 3DSes from other wholesalers.) "

[quote name='trent82']I don't mean to doubt you, but do you have a link that specifically states that the Pro controller cannot be used on virtual console games? I feel like I remember reading that you could not use it for standard Wii games, but I don't remember seeing anything about how virtual console games will be handled. In fact, I feel like Nintendo hasn't said much of anything lately regarding how the virtual console will work on Wii U.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo_Wii_U_controller_pos

Google it if you need more confirmation.

In regards to the highly delayed Wii U advertising campaign. Does any one have a clue when we will start seeing commercials for the Wii U in the USA? Im starting to get bored and lose hype over the Wii U. Its getting old having to look through countless pages of threads to find new shards of Wii U info. Does any one have any new info on commercials or anything on the Wii U in the US.....? Anything besides the Walmart Layaway program that has been viciously beaten to death... That Layaway program has been clearly established.

[quote name='gordojones88']Nintendo_Wii_U_controller_pos

Google it if you need more confirmation.[/QUOTE]

Just to add to this, the WiiU pro controller WILL work with games downloaded off of the new WiiU eShop. It's in all of the official product descriptions through online retailers:

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-pro-controller-black/104811

Legacy virtual console games transferred over from the Wii WILL NOT work with the pro controller since it's been confirmed that all of the transferred games will boot up in a "Wii mode" that only accepts wiimotes, the classic controller, etc.

What we don't know as of yet (and what I'd personally really like to know) is whether already released Virtual Console games will now be re-sold through the WiiU eShop. I imagine that if, say, Super Mario Bros. 3, could be purchased through the eShop, the new pro controller would work.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Sometimes on shelf label strips, they put the price of a fixture item as 1 cent on there and the item number listed is actually for a sign, shipper, or piece of fixture used in that aisle. When you used the price checker, it looked up the price of the fixture piece, not the actual product. They should be covering those 1 cent labels up or cutting them off.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. The description on the price checker said Vita/Madden/Bund or something, so must've just meant the piece of real estate they reserved for it. Thanks for the insight.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']here is the Wii U pre-sell instructions from walmart.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0By8h7wthNpp4TkV5eFIyUzlncGs

I don't know if they were supposed to give that to me or not, but they gave this to me when I did a layaway. I was the first one to order the layaway girl might have been lost after she gave me the instructions. If your walmart doesn't know what to do you're welcome to print this out and walk them through the instructions yourself...[/QUOTE]

I gave a copy to a customer that asked for one. Actually, I insisted on giving her a copy so that she wouldn't be confused as to what she needs to do when it came to the balance.

All the Targets I have called don't have any cards.
One mention they did but had to pull them out due to negative inventory in the system.....
Is this officially out or did they do a mistake of the date to release the cards?

I just walked into an FYE this morning and preordered a deluxe model for $50 down. They seemed surprised that I wasn't just going to try my chances on launch day, so I'm guessing they haven't had many preorders.

[quote name='jessesixto']"Your requested quantity is not available. Please choose a smaller quantity."
As of right now.[/QUOTE]

I also got this message, but it still lets me go all the way to the checkout screen with the Qty. :hot:??

[quote name='thesimplicity']I just walked into an FYE this morning and preordered a deluxe model for $50 down. They seemed surprised that I wasn't just going to try my chances on launch day, so I'm guessing they haven't had many preorders.[/QUOTE]

I went to my local FYE earlier this month and they already had 9 deluxe preorders. They also made it seem like they weren't getting many on launch. If you were the first 3 I think you should be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back