Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Since most people are probably plannign on adding an external drive for expanded storage, should we start tracking or posting external hd deals for the Wii U?

I think Tiger direct had a 1.5 Tb for $59 shipped today, but I'm holding out for better deep discount deals on them.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I doubt they will have it.

Here is the article from: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=185444

"The Amazon vs. Nintendo squabble about selling 3DS consoles has been dragging on for about a year. Supposedly, it all started off last year when the 3DS launch was less than stellar. Amazon had a lot of unsold 3DS consoles sitting around their warehouses, and they decided to start demanding a bigger wholesaler discount - equal to what Wal-Mart receives. (The Amazon vs. Wal-Mart soap opera is for another thread.)

Anyway, this request was flatly denied. Amazon requested permission to sell the consoles at a discount. Denied again. To strengthen their case, and try to bully their way into the bigger discount, Amazon complained that they have to replace a lot of the systems because of the screen scratching problem, and starting making a big production about sending each and every one back to Nintendo, wanting a full & immediate credit, which started to overwhelm Nintendo's intake for seconds merchandise, which started to make Nintendo really mad, because Amazon was sending over units that had such slight, almost nonexistent problems, that they were not used to being bothered with such trivial things. (Supposedly.) Previously, and for other consoles, Amazon just sold returned (working) consoles at a discount on their "Warehouse Deals" page, which Nintendo doesn't like, but Amazon claimed that they were losing ALL their profit margin on 3DSes with shipping faulty systems back to NOA, as well as dealing with unhappy customers that were leaving and/or not spending as much as previously.

Nintendo smelled bull (and rightly so!) and fired back and said that there WAS no problem with the scratching, and there was no way they were going to piss off all the other big wholesalers by giving Amazon a sweeter deal (when Nintendo already considers Amazon the scourge of the business world for not having any brick & mortar stores - which is why Amazon wasn't getting the Wal-Mart discount in the first place!) Now keep in mind, this was all going down right about the time the price drop was announced, which was another thing that pissed off Amazon. Nobody was buying 3DSes after the price drop was announced, and Amazon does not like having a warehouse full of crap that's not moving. Their business model is structured around moving out cold merchandise by marking stuff down (which of course Nintendo will not allow them to do on consoles.) Then, Nintendo poured gasoline on the fire by permitting Wal-Mart (and only Wal-Mart) to sell consoles at the new, lowered price a couple of days BEFORE the official date of the price drop, without losing their margin on the old stock. Amazon has (reportedly) not bought 3DS consoles direct from NOA since that day. (Though they've occasionally picked up some 3DSes from other wholesalers.) "[/QUOTE]

Lol at amazon not selling Nintendo consoles because they have penis envy of Walmart.

[quote name='jessesixto']All the Targets I have called don't have any cards.
One mention they did but had to pull them out due to negative inventory in the system.....
Is this officially out or did they do a mistake of the date to release the cards?[/QUOTE]

I didn't know Target was reserving these. I just walked in today and grabbed and paid for the $1 reserve card on the deluxe unit!

Just played it at Best Buy, thing was pretty amazing. And Rayman just looked gorgeous. Makes me sad its not a launch title anymore, or I'd buy it day one

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just played it at Best Buy, thing was pretty amazing. And Rayman just looked gorgeous. Makes me sad its not a launch title anymore, or I'd buy it day one[/QUOTE]

See I just played the WiiU at Gamestop and thought it wasn't anything special and the controller felt a little awkward holding it as it's not the lightest thing in the entire world. Rayman did look nice, but I don't think it's worthy of a $60 price point.

Overall I am not very impressed even though I am still buying one. I just hope some of the other games look as nice as Rayman did.

[quote name='Mogambi']I didn't know Target was reserving these. I just walked in today and grabbed and paid for the $1 reserve card on the deluxe unit![/QUOTE]

Just came back from a Target. I called ahead of time and they said they were in stock after they checked the DCPI. When I got to the store, an associate handed me a card for the white bundle she got from the back. When I asked her nicely to look again, she said that's all they had SMH.. :cry:

One thing to note, though, is that she said they probably aren't supposed to sell them yet. She scanned the card anyway, but it didn't prompt anything.

[quote name='rayfrombk']Just came back from a Target. I called ahead of time and they said they were in stock after they checked the DCPI. When I got to the store, an associate handed me a card for the white bundle she got from the back. When I asked her nicely to look again, she said that's all they had SMH.. :cry:

One thing to note, though, is that she said they probably aren't supposed to sell them yet. She scanned the card anyway, but it didn't prompt anything.[/QUOTE]

Were the cards located in the Wii section? Or somewhere else

[quote name='sfabo']Were the cards located in the Wii section? Or somewhere else[/QUOTE]
"a card for the white bundle she got from the back."

[quote name='Prepster']See I just played the WiiU at Gamestop and thought it wasn't anything special and the controller felt a little awkward holding it as it's not the lightest thing in the entire world. Rayman did look nice, but I don't think it's worthy of a $60 price point.

Overall I am not very impressed even though I am still buying one. I just hope some of the other games look as nice as Rayman did.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have to admit the controller felt weird, but I'm sure I'll get use to it. It was bigger than I thought it was going to be

Also hope someone makes Screen Protectors for it, the one at my store already looked like someone took their keys to it.

[quote name='sfabo']Were the cards located in the Wii section? Or somewhere else[/QUOTE]
They have cards for the Wii U games which are located in the Wii section. There's no Wii U section (yet).

I was surprised at how comfortable the Wii U controller felt. I was disappointed that Rayman was definitely not running at 60fps. It looked like a solid 30fps to me. Then again, I'm not used to playing games 2 feet away from a giant machine, so it might look a lot more smooth at home on the plasma. I'm really hoping the Wii U has a option to switch from 720p to 1080p and doesn't just rely on your tv to downscale 1080p. Those of us who game on 720p plasma's would love the option to get higher frames and not have to rely on their tv to downscale.

[quote name='thetruth1983']Just pre ordered 3 at my local target. They still had 2 more black cards and 5 white cards left.[/QUOTE]1 cards per console?

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']1 cards per console?[/QUOTE]

I don't know. She told me I could buy all 10 cards if i wanted to but I didn't want to be greedy. A friend of mine just bought the last 2 deluxe cards.

SO these systems are playable in the wild now? Is there some sore of locator for which GS/BB have Wii U's??

I have no real interest in preordering as I skipped most of the Wii generation, fuck the waggle wiggle but yea i'd be down to checking out the new console.

[quote name='Maskim']"a card for the white bundle she got from the back."[/QUOTE]

Oops. I guess I may have been referring to the person he quoted.

[quote name='thetruth1983']I don't know. She told me I could buy all 10 cards if i wanted to but I didn't want to be greedy. A friend of mine just bought the last 2 deluxe cards.[/QUOTE]

Where were the cards located?

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yeah, I have to admit the controller felt weird, but I'm sure I'll get use to it. It was bigger than I thought it was going to be

Also hope someone makes Screen Protectors for it, the one at my store already looked like someone took their keys to it.[/QUOTE]

in fairness every touch screen device or controller out for display and use by the general public looks like it was run over by an 18 wheeler

Still haven't found the Target cards. Think I'm done looking.

Hopefully BB or Walmart come thru. I just care about getting one

[quote name='ZombieToast']Hopefully other companies will follow suit very soon. I'm not a big fan of Hori screen protectors.[/QUOTE]

Quick Amazon search already shows others popping up, including "clean and protect" kits.

[quote name='rbarba4']Still haven't found the Target cards. Think I'm done looking.

Hopefully BB or Walmart come thru. I just care about getting one[/QUOTE]

Same here. I went to 2 more stores that are pretty far from where I live. No cigar. Their inventory shows 5 at every store, but when I show up they don't have any.. not even in the back. When asked if they sold out, the associate claims they never had the cards in stock. The managers must be keeping the cards to themselves. :roll:

Hey guys, I went to Target today (two actually lol) and I looked for the Wii U console reservation cards. Didn't see any, just cards to reserve games.

Do you have to ask someone to get it? Or will they put them on the shelf at some point? I've read they aren't "officially" supposed to be selling them yet, this makes me think I can go back later and they should be on display. Anyone know the date?

If this doesn't pan out as I hope, am I pretty much out of luck getting a Wii U at launch? All the online retailers are sold out. I wonder if other stores are doing in-store preorders but just aren't advertising it yet? I don't have confidence in Walmart to do the whole layaway reservation thing. I don't even think most of the general public are even aware of it yet, I just can't see how it's already sold out everywhere.

[quote name='sfabo']Oops. I guess I may have been referring to the person he quoted.

Where were the cards located?[/QUOTE]

The cards were with the other Wii cards. They were in the Wii isle with the other cards above the games. She obviously didn't know how popular the cards were because she told me I could buy all 10 if I wanted to (5 white and 5 black).

[quote name='ZombieToast']Hopefully other companies will follow suit very soon. I'm not a big fan of Hori screen protectors.[/QUOTE]
I've seen a few different brands for screen protectors, so far, listed at gamestop and other retailers. A day one buy for me is going to be the nerf armor, along with a screen protector, since those things have saved my kids 3DSes from numerous 2 story falls. If they aren't going to be selling the controllers separately for a while, I have to make sure the one it comes with is fairly kid proof.

technically the cards can be sold but they dont get set till next week. for those that are preordering more than one at a store odds on day its released it will be one per person so heads up.

Went to several more targets today, even talked to the associate's working in the electronics dept and they did not have the reserve cards or knew any info on when they would be getting them in.

I only trust Hori brand items.

I've found that people who have had bad experiences have dealt with knock offs

[quote name='bullseye']technically the cards can be sold but they dont get set till next week. for those that are preordering more than one at a store odds on day its released it will be one per person so heads up.[/QUOTE]

Since they don't collect any personal info whatsoever, it would be easy for someone to give extra cards to their friends or just come back at different times. They should have developed a way to track the pre orders.

I just saw Walmart.com has the deluxe bundle back up for pre-order has of 10 PM EST if anyone is still looking for them. I just ordered one for my parents for a Christmas gift. It will tell you when you go to the check out that an order quantity of 1 exceeds the amount available to purchase. Don't know if it is because it is a pre-order or what but I was able to complete the transaction with no problem and given a confirmation number.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Wii-U-Solution-Bundle-w-Customer-Choice-of-Wii-U-Game-and-Controller/21803986

[quote name='nightman1701']I just saw Walmart.com has the deluxe bundle back up for pre-order has of 10 PM EST if anyone is still looking for them. I just ordered one for my parents for a Christmas gift. It will tell you when you go to the check out that an order quantity of 1 exceeds the amount available to purchase. Don't know if it is because it is a pre-order or what but I was able to complete the transaction with no problem and given a confirmation number.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-...-Choice-of-Wii-U-Game-and-Controller/21803986[/QUOTE]

Yup, looks like it is there.

Hopefully this is a sign that they will have enough come Layaway pick ups.

[quote name='ral1121']Yup, looks like it is there.

Hopefully this is a sign that they will have enough come Layaway pick ups.[/QUOTE]

The check out only gave me a shipping option and not a site to store pick-up so layaway's should be alright.

I have two on Layaway, one for myself and the other for my kids. I wanted to get one for my parents since it took me forever just to get them to purchase a Wii, which they love, but I thought there was a two limit layaway so I didn't get them one until now.

From what I was told they are supposed to keep the layaway orders separate from the stores stock, if any. The layaway manager told me they are supposed to get enough to fill the layaway orders. She said the system will stop allowing them to take pre-orders once their allocated quantity has been reached. This also has been stated in the memo Walmart sent to their stores.

I was the first to place a layaway at my local Walmart but that was because the electronics staff kept sending people away asking about pre-orders. They had no clue they had to be placed at layaway.

The online pre-order is good for those who couldn't get one before. I know others have been saying it appears off and on. It is a bundle but you will end up buying a game anyway and possibly a Wii mote plus or a Pro controller.

[quote name='$hady']SO these systems are playable in the wild now? Is there some sore of locator for which GS/BB have Wii U's??

I have no real interest in preordering as I skipped most of the Wii generation, fuck the waggle wiggle but yea i'd be down to checking out the new console.[/QUOTE] I went to my local mall that has two Gamestop stores, and BOTH had Wii U kiosks. Only Rayman was playable, but it was pretty awesome.

[quote name='Maskim']I've seen a few different brands for screen protectors, so far, listed at gamestop and other retailers. A day one buy for me is going to be the nerf armor, along with a screen protector, since those things have saved my kids 3DSes from numerous 2 story falls. If they aren't going to be selling the controllers separately for a while, I have to make sure the one it comes with is fairly kid proof.[/QUOTE] Whenever I am asked if I want to buy extra coverage for my games or consoles, I always say, "I'm good. No kids." :D

Does any one have any info or insightful speculation as to when we can expect to start seeing some Wii U commercials/advertisements? Or maybe when we can have a Nintendo Direct? 25 day untill launch and the hype factor is minimal. I have no idea what Nintendo is up to but its strange how a console as lame as the wii was so hyped while the Wii U is unknown to a vast portion of the public. I understand that they like to boom the ads in your face close to launch, but they have so much to do with so little time I cant begin to fathom what there plans are in terms of advertising. Any one have any ideas?

So it seems like all the kiosk are running only Rayman?

They should show something else besides that......I know there isn't much to choose from, but Zombi U would be nice to see how well the control handles an FPS, or maybe even Batman.

Rayman doesn't really tell you much.

Paid off a bit more on my GS preorder. I'm pretty close to being paid off at this point. The interesting thing is that while I was on the store, one of GS's Nintendo reps happen to be there. He was doing something to their Wii kiosk (he was taking it apart. Maybe it was broken, I didn't bother asking but i figured it was some kind of repair because I always thought GS employees handled this kiosks, not the company reps). But I did ask him if he had any Wii U info.

Take this with a grain of salt, as this is just an employee who may it may not know anything about corporate going-ons. But he told me that Nintendo is not going to have ANY walk up units available on launch day, at any stores at all. He told me this was because of issues with manufacturing the gamepad and they won't have enough gamepads to sell any non-preordered units.

Again, it's just word from one employee so who knows how true it is. But if there is some truth to what I was told...damn, Nintendo is REALLY fucking up this launch.

[quote name='ral1121']So it seems like all the kiosk are running only Rayman?

They should show something else besides that......I know there isn't much to choose from, but Zombi U would be nice to see how well the control handles an FPS, or maybe even Batman.

Rayman doesn't really tell you much.[/QUOTE]

cant show off m rated games in demos cause kids can play it.

[quote name='bullseye']cant show off m rated games in demos cause kids can play it.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that totally passed my mind. Didn't think of that.

I went to two Targets on Saturday (near Chicago). The first one said they were already out of reservation cards. Seems like the cards never got to the shelf since the guy told me they were giving them out when people would ask about them.
The folks at the second Target's electronics department did not know anything about the Wii U reservation cards. I called a third store that afternoon and they also did not have any information or knowledge about the cards.

I returned to that second Target this evening and the Wii U reservation cards (black) were hanging in the Wii section. I grabbed one and there were four left. I also saw about five cards for the white version the console.

A friend of mine went to another Target in the area and he did not see the cards outside in the Wii section but he did ask someone in the electronics department and they had the cards behind the counter - so he got one (black).

[quote name='nightman1701']I just saw Walmart.com has the deluxe bundle back up for pre-order has of 10 PM EST if anyone is still looking for them. I just ordered one for my parents for a Christmas gift. It will tell you when you go to the check out that an order quantity of 1 exceeds the amount available to purchase. Don't know if it is because it is a pre-order or what but I was able to complete the transaction with no problem and given a confirmation number.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Wii-U-Solution-Bundle-w-Customer-Choice-of-Wii-U-Game-and-Controller/21803986[/QUOTE]

When I add this to my cart, the site says that "one of the items in my cart is on back order" or something to that effect. So sounds like they're sold out again.

Edit: Looks like Super Mario Bros Wii U is sold out, so you have to choose another game to go with the bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drclaw411']But he told me that Nintendo is not going to have ANY walk up units available on launch day, at any stores at all. He told me this was because of issues with manufacturing the gamepad and they won't have enough gamepads to sell any non-preordered units.

damn, Nintendo is REALLY fucking up this launch.[/QUOTE]

Or the best launch ever. It must be nice to sell out all your pre-orders with little to no advertising.

[quote name='confoosious']has anyone posted a pic of what the target reserve card looks like yet?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blueweltall']207070473
20121019_194914.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yep.

[quote name='confoosious']thanks. I looked for it today at target and came up empty.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I looked at 2 different Target stores. All I saw was reservation cards for Wii U games, not consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back