Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mBucket']Same here, I looked at 2 different Target stores. All I saw was reservation cards for Wii U games, not consoles.[/QUOTE]

Someone posted that they weren't suppose to be put them out until next Tuesday which could explain why it's hit or miss. It doesn't seem like many stores have put these out or even have a clue about them.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Paid off a bit more on my GS preorder. I'm pretty close to being paid off at this point. The interesting thing is that while I was on the store, one of GS's Nintendo reps happen to be there. He was doing something to their Wii kiosk (he was taking it apart. Maybe it was broken, I didn't bother asking but i figured it was some kind of repair because I always thought GS employees handled this kiosks, not the company reps). But I did ask him if he had any Wii U info.

Take this with a grain of salt, as this is just an employee who may it may not know anything about corporate going-ons. But he told me that Nintendo is not going to have ANY walk up units available on launch day, at any stores at all. He told me this was because of issues with manufacturing the gamepad and they won't have enough gamepads to sell any non-preordered units.

Again, it's just word from one employee so who knows how true it is. But if there is some truth to what I was told...damn, Nintendo is REALLY fucking up this launch.[/QUOTE]

Thats a very interesting piece of info. If this turned out to be true that could mean astronomical shortages. We have to remember the wii had a decent supply of consoles on launch, but was still overwhelmed due to extreme demand.

Now keep in mind, although I think the route for advertising Nintendo has taken so far is utter trash, they are still the big N and at the end of the day they know their ads better than the rest due to their excellent home console track record. So assuming they create the same demand as the wii, combined with these possible shortages you speak of would result in utter chaos. Myself and many people think the Wii U wont have the same demand as the original Wii. But Nintnedo wouldnt invest years and millions of dollars if they didnt think otherwise.

Also throw in the fact that Microsoft and Sony dont have any direct competition for the Wii U and wont for 2013 just adds icing on the cake. I really dont know what to expect at this point and after many google searches neither does anyone else on the entire internet. So I guess this is all speculation as of now. But some good indicators would be if Nintendo would ever start its ad campaign. Im surprised no one else is as shocked as I am on the fact that the Wii U is still essentially unknow to the general public. News flash, game stop demo kiosks offer minimal advertising effects if you look at the big picture. With launch just over 3 weeks away Nintendo is treading in DEEP WATER

Nintendo never advertises early. They wait till like a week or 2 before something comes out to advertise it. I didn't see any Kirby Collection commercials till the day it came out.

Thats what I thought. But seeing as Nintendo of the UK started its first commercial made me believe that that idea had changed. And that seems like a dangerous thing to do with a console that is so unknow to the general public

They have Burger King kids toys starting up this friday so thats prob when they will start to kick it off. I don't remember the Wii having much hype till it actually came out.

i wonder how will target handle their pre-order since they dont keep track of which cards are sold to who (the UPC are identical). I am guessing maybe on launch day they will just sell to whoever has a pre-order card? If that's the case it could be an inventory nightmare?

For Nintendo's sake they better make haste because the time/populrity ratio is not in their favor. And I feel like they should start earlier with Wii U because it is far less know than the Wii was prior to its launch

[quote name='dorkyden']i wonder how will target handle their pre-order since they dont keep track of which cards are sold to who (the UPC are identical). I am guessing maybe on launch day they will just sell to whoever has a pre-order card? If that's the case it could be an inventory nightmare?[/QUOTE]

not sure if it will apply here, but when black and white 2 came out 12 days ago, I went in early since they were shelved 5 days before launch with my pre-order cards. The rep told me he couldnt sell it to me, no surprise. I couldnt go on sunday so i went monday night around 8-9. Same guy was there and he told me, "i am glad you came after all, we almost ran out of black 2" there were 3 left on the shelf. I didn't bother asking about the pre-order card guaranteeing me a copy, since it didn't matter.

I am guessing even if you do get a pre-order card, it will be the same deal, I just mean I would not be surprised if Target sold TO ANYONE lined up outside on Nov 18th, card or not, as unlikely as it might seem.

Just a thought, don't mean to put people off, but you could always ask to make sure. Pre-ordered GAMES, however are not set aside for you, at least not at my local Target

[quote name='nightmarishhero']

I am guessing even if you do get a pre-order card, it will be the same deal, I just mean I would not be surprised if Target sold TO ANYONE lined up outside on Nov 18th, card or not, as unlikely as it might seem.

Just a thought, don't mean to put people off, but you could always ask to make sure. Pre-ordered GAMES, however are not set aside for you, at least not at my local Target[/QUOTE]

My Vita and 3ds reserves were not put aside as well but they had multiple consoles and cards prior. I was a lil worried about pre ordering from target, but tonight I went in and they only had 5 for each system available, which kind of got me thinking maybe they only received 5 of each and might be taking this kinda, quasi seriously. My plan is to just go in the day before (obviously they will have them and know the exact amount) and question them about actually putting those 10 aside. I have my backup one at Best Buy but I get 5% off at Target. Also the guy at Best Buy yesterday told me even if I pre ordered it is first come first serve, cause "that's what happened with the iPhone 5". I got a cheap laugh.

I was told that the preordered consoles would be set aside. I'm not holding my breath though because she also said that I could pick it up from any Target that I want lol.

[quote name='BigJoe']For Nintendo's sake they better make haste because the time/populrity ratio is not in their favor. And I feel like they should start earlier with Wii U because it is far less know than the Wii was prior to its launch[/QUOTE]

True, a shortage is not gonna work it their favor it only helps flippers. It might generate buzz, but the less people have the Wii U the more it will hurt them.

[quote name='nightmarishhero']not sure if it will apply here, but when black and white 2 came out 12 days ago, I went in early since they were shelved 5 days before launch with my pre-order cards. The rep told me he couldnt sell it to me, no surprise. I couldnt go on sunday so i went monday night around 8-9. Same guy was there and he told me, "i am glad you came after all, we almost ran out of black 2" there were 3 left on the shelf. I didn't bother asking about the pre-order card guaranteeing me a copy, since it didn't matter.

Just a thought, don't mean to put people off, but you could always ask to make sure. Pre-ordered GAMES, however are not set aside for you, at least not at my local Target[/QUOTE]

thats what i am guessing and afraid of. I think some stores may take the pre-ordering seriously and put them aside and some may just sell to whoever. I guess on launch day you just have to drive around to find out which target hold their inventory for pre-orders and which target doesnt.

[quote name='juanawoman']I think Wal-Mart's system is broken. I was able to preorder 3 on one ticket, even though it's supposed to block that from happening.[/QUOTE]

One lady at Walmart put in 3 by accident and an error came up. So maybe varies from stores?

[quote name='BigJoe']Thats a very interesting piece of info. If this turned out to be true that could mean astronomical shortages. We have to remember the wii had a decent supply of consoles on launch, but was still overwhelmed due to extreme demand.

Now keep in mind, although I think the route for advertising Nintendo has taken so far is utter trash, they are still the big N and at the end of the day they know their ads better than the rest due to their excellent home console track record. So assuming they create the same demand as the wii, combined with these possible shortages you speak of would result in utter chaos. Myself and many people think the Wii U wont have the same demand as the original Wii. But Nintnedo wouldnt invest years and millions of dollars if they didnt think otherwise.

Also throw in the fact that Microsoft and Sony dont have any direct competition for the Wii U and wont for 2013 just adds icing on the cake. I really dont know what to expect at this point and after many google searches neither does anyone else on the entire internet. So I guess this is all speculation as of now. But some good indicators would be if Nintendo would ever start its ad campaign. Im surprised no one else is as shocked as I am on the fact that the Wii U is still essentially unknow to the general public. News flash, game stop demo kiosks offer minimal advertising effects if you look at the big picture. With launch just over 3 weeks away Nintendo is treading in DEEP WATER[/QUOTE]

I believe there was a fire which destroyed their manufacturing plant in China.

First Wii commercial aired on US television - November 14, 2006
Wii release date - November 19, 2006

Based on that alone, I'm not surprised there aren't any commercials yet. Most of their products don't even get advertised until they are released.

[quote name='Paladinion']Quick Amazon search already shows others popping up, including "clean and protect" kits.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Maskim']I've seen a few different brands for screen protectors, so far, listed at gamestop and other retailers. A day one buy for me is going to be the nerf armor, along with a screen protector, since those things have saved my kids 3DSes from numerous 2 story falls. If they aren't going to be selling the controllers separately for a while, I have to make sure the one it comes with is fairly kid proof.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, guys. I honestly didn't even think to search for them because I figured nobody would be selling them yet.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I only trust Hori brand items.

I've found that people who have had bad experiences have dealt with knock offs[/QUOTE]
I bought them directly from Amazon, not a third-party seller. I'm sure it's possible for them to sell knock-offs, but it seems unlikely to happen twice on different consoles. And the packaging and product seemed to be very high quality; I just wasn't pleased with the application, look, or feel of the protectors. I have personally had more success with Skinomi.

[quote name='Deader2818']Nintendo never advertises early. They wait till like a week or 2 before something comes out to advertise it. I didn't see any Kirby Collection commercials till the day it came out.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. Wii commercials didn't start airing in the US until about 4 days before it released!

[quote name='BigRedWhat']I believe there was a fire which destroyed their manufacturing plant in China.[/QUOTE]
The fire was in Japan at a production facility and the building wasn't destroyed. Nintendo has said that it won't significantly impact console production, although I suppose we can't really know for sure.

[quote name='bullseye']cant show off m rated games in demos cause kids can play it.[/QUOTE]

yes we must not break the lie that kids cannot play m rated games....*Looks at xbox live*

[quote name='kayne2000']yes we must not break the lie that kids cannot play m rated games....*Looks at xbox live*[/QUOTE]
It's a perfectly reasonable restriction. Even if kids are still going to manage to watch R-rated movies, for example, doesn't mean it's cool for Best Buy to loop Saw or Hostel on their Wall of TVs for the public eye to see.

[quote name='Yoohoo1231']Looks like it's available again at Walmart.com

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-...-Choice-of-Wii-U-Game-and-Controller/21803986[/QUOTE]

There is so much "not just right" feeling about that webpage it almost makes me think it's a spoof.

It says you can order basic or deluxe BUT you can only choose Deluxe.
The Chinglish is terrible.
Pikmin 3 is one of the "bundled' games. (Nintendo has already said it won't be out until 2013.)
Or you can pick Nintendo Land w/ your WiiU Deluxe which includes the game.
It says you can pick either a Wii Pro controller or WiiU controller but you can only pick a WiiU controller.

I'm not saying it's not legit, just that it feels that way.

Go to Walmart.com and navigate there yourself, that's how I got it.

If one of the systems isn't showing up that means there aren't any available of that type at that moment.

I ordered one for myself this morning and got a legit confirmation email to prove.

[quote name='perdition(troy']The first 9 months of the wii they only shipped ~6 million to the US, so I don't know why people are acting like it has such a small supply.[/QUOTE]

Because people (rightly imo) assume that Nintendo would have learned from their mistake last time when they left tons of money on the table by not having enough supply for 2 years.

ya, but (imo) seeing as though they are shipping more than 4x (if they ship six million) the amount of wii u's than they did the original wii I just don't see a massive shortage. I probably will be wrong, and I'm sure right away at release a shortage wouldn't suprise me (considering there are tons of people buying extras to profit).

I'm guessing we'll see an initial planned shortage, to get buzz going in the press, and then the 2nd week on december the floodgates will open, and they'll be all over the place readily available.

Hungry Christmas shoppers might drain that flood after the "shortage" hype.

And I STILL can't find anyone listing the Wii U Skylanders giants Portal owners set anywhere even though nintendo has news about its availability.

I'm hoping we see some figure sales over the holidays to get my wife's fix for it on cheap.

[quote name='thetruth1983']I was told that the preordered consoles would be set aside. I'm not holding my breath though because she also said that I could pick it up from any Target that I want lol.[/QUOTE]

Yea they dont take your info down or anytihing, unless they ask for a receipt from the store you got the pre-order card from, how are they going to hold it for you ? all the cards are the same ?

[quote name='confoosious']Because people (rightly imo) assume that Nintendo would have learned from their mistake last time when they left tons of money on the table by not having enough supply for 2 years.[/QUOTE]

But I think the 5.5-7 million number shows that they have learned. As someone else pointed out, that's more than 4X (and it could be as high as 6X) the supply that Nintendo made available in the US during the six weeks of the Wii launch window. In the November - end of the year 2006 period of the Wii launch, Nintendo only made available and sold 1.25 million Wii units in the US. In fact, by the end of March 2007, they had sold only a total of 2.37 million units in the US. It took them until almost the end of 2007 to deliver just over 8 million units.

It makes me think that the fact that Walmart is still taking preorders at many locations is not a mistake and that this might be available pretty easily at retail once the initial launch day frenzy has ended.

[quote name='bojay1997']But I think the 5.5-7 million number shows that they have learned. As someone else pointed out, that's more than 4X (and it could be as high as 6X) the supply that Nintendo made available in the US during the six weeks of the Wii launch window. In the November - end of the year 2006 period of the Wii launch, Nintendo only made available and sold 1.25 million Wii units in the US. In fact, by the end of March 2007, they had sold only a total of 2.37 million units in the US. It took them until almost the end of 2007 to deliver just over 8 million units.

It makes me think that the fact that Walmart is still taking preorders at many locations is not a mistake and that this might be available pretty easily at retail once the initial launch day frenzy has ended.[/QUOTE]

I don't think these will be that rare either - just rare enough for buzz.

I'm not saying Nintendo is making a fatal mistake or anything. Without seeing the model, it's hard to critique. But I gotta think that they'll easily sell out 10M units. But maybe they felt burned by the 3DS launch. I dunno.

[quote name='bojay1997']But I think the 5.5-7 million number shows that they have learned. As someone else pointed out, that's more than 4X (and it could be as high as 6X) the supply that Nintendo made available in the US during the six weeks of the Wii launch window. In the November - end of the year 2006 period of the Wii launch, Nintendo only made available and sold 1.25 million Wii units in the US. In fact, by the end of March 2007, they had sold only a total of 2.37 million units in the US. It took them until almost the end of 2007 to deliver just over 8 million units.

It makes me think that the fact that Walmart is still taking preorders at many locations is not a mistake and that this might be available pretty easily at retail once the initial launch day frenzy has ended.[/QUOTE]

Isnt the 5-7 million figure the # analysts are using for worldwide availability, not US availability? Didnt they have to move the european date back because of lack of anticipated supply.

My Target had a stack of the preorder cards. At least 10+ for the basic model and only 4-5 for the deluxe model.

The reservation card states it costs $5 to reserve but when they rang me up at the register, it only came up as $1.00 per card. Can anyone confirm this as well? I went to customer service and talked with them. They too scanned the card and it came up as $1.00.

The cashier scanned the barcode as instructed on the back of the card. On the receipt it says: "207070473 WIIU PRESELL N $1.00 (I preordered the deluxe model).

I don't know if someone has already posted about this but last night I went to Target and I noticed there are Wii U pre order cards on display both basic and deluxe bundles. I'm pretty sure this is very YMMV but it's worth a look.

The same thing happened to me yesterday, I'm going back to Target today to confirm that I did indeed pre order the Wii U

[quote name='D.Choy']My Target had a stack of the preorder cards. At least 10+ for the basic model and only 4-5 for the deluxe model.

The reservation card states it costs $5 to reserve but when they rang me up at the register, it only came up as $1.00 per card. Can anyone confirm this as well? I went to customer service and talked with them. They too scanned the card and it came up as $1.00.

The cashier scanned the barcode as instructed on the back of the card. On the receipt it says: "207070473 WIIU PRESELL N $1.00 (I preordered the deluxe model).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='D.Choy']My Target had a stack of the preorder cards. At least 10+ for the basic model and only 4-5 for the deluxe model.

The cashier scanned the barcode as instructed on the back of the card. On the receipt it says: "207070473 WIIU PRESELL N $1.00 (I preordered the deluxe model).[/QUOTE]

you misread it. it cost $1 to "buy" the pre-order cards. when you go back to pick up your preorder wii u you get a free $5 gift cards (which is the bottom portion of the card)

the cards are identical except the bottom $5 gift card parts. but since they only scan the top UPC they cant keep track of the pre-orders

[quote name='kenhina343']just got back from target! they had 5 white card and 2 black cards.

i bought 2 black ones and 2 white ones! amazon here i come![/QUOTE]

Congratulations, you're a retard!!1!!1 :applause:

[quote name='dorkyden']you misread it. it cost $1 to "buy" the pre-order cards. when you go back to pick up your preorder wii u you get a free $5 gift cards (which is the bottom portion of the card)

the cards are identical except the bottom $5 gift card parts. but since they only scan the top UPC they cant keep track of the pre-orders[/QUOTE]
Yeah you are right about it only being $1. I forgot that Target only charges $1 for preorders. Now about the UPC thing. The bottom UPC is also identical to other cards as well. Even if they did scan the bottom it wouldn't matter.

I am sure they have some way to keep track of the cards they sell. I am guessing each store only gets a certain amount of cards so they will probably allocate it that way. With that being said, what's stopping me from taking that preorder card to another Target? I honestly don't take these cards too seriously. I am sure we all will probably have to go in a few days early and talk with some people in customer service to see how they are going about allocating preorders to customers.

I played the Wii U today, I was neither impressed or unimpressed. I'm excited to see what else they can do with the technology, the game pad felt good in my hands, it's going to be tough on small kids though. Still looking forward to it, I'm #4 at my store so I only have a little over 3 weeks left.

[quote name='BigRedWhat']Isnt the 5-7 million figure the # analysts are using for worldwide availability, not US availability? Didnt they have to move the european date back because of lack of anticipated supply.[/QUOTE]

I checked the fiscal report Nintendo just released and you are correct, the 5.5 is a worldwide projection. In looking at the worldwide Wii numbers, they actually sold 5.8 million by March 2007, so this could mean either supply will be just as tight for the WiiU or maybe they just are being very conservative given the slow early sales of the 3DS.

[quote name='D.Choy']Yeah you are right about it only being $1. I forgot that Target only charges $1 for preorders. Now about the UPC thing. The bottom UPC is also identical to other cards as well. Even if they did scan the bottom it wouldn't matter.

I am sure they have some way to keep track of the cards they sell. I am guessing each store only gets a certain amount of cards so they will probably allocate it that way. With that being said, what's stopping me from taking that preorder card to another Target? I honestly don't take these cards too seriously. I am sure we all will probably have to go in a few days early and talk with some people in customer service to see how they are going about allocating preorders to customers.[/QUOTE]

They will likely require a receipt which states the store # along with the card. What's stopping you from picking up a card and walking out the store without paying (besides the alarm, of course.. if it even rings for that).

[quote name='D.Choy']Yeah you are right about it only being $1. I forgot that Target only charges $1 for preorders. Now about the UPC thing. The bottom UPC is also identical to other cards as well. Even if they did scan the bottom it wouldn't matter.

I am sure they have some way to keep track of the cards they sell. I am guessing each store only gets a certain amount of cards so they will probably allocate it that way. With that being said, what's stopping me from taking that preorder card to another Target? I honestly don't take these cards too seriously. I am sure we all will probably have to go in a few days early and talk with some people in customer service to see how they are going about allocating preorders to customers.[/QUOTE]

Nothing but why would anyone do this except for shits and giggles. I'm sure there'll also be an accounting in the distribution center closer to released date. They're not gonna send 50 pre-order units to a store that has only 10 purchased cards. Or 10 to a store with 50 purchases.

Picked up a deluxe pre-order at Target today. Never pre-ordered anything from them before, does anyone know how reliable they will be in terms of actually having a unit put aside for you on release date?

[quote name='azngtlman']Picked up a deluxe pre-order at Target today. Never pre-ordered anything from them before, does anyone know how reliable they will be in terms of actually having a unit put aside for you on release date?[/QUOTE]

I think Target is one of the worst places for Pre-Order but I could be surprised, good luck to you!

If you are worried about not getting your target preorder, just make sure to call them a couple days in advance to make sure they put it aside for you..

Also i am keeping my receipt with my preorder card so i can prove where i bought the reservation card..
All the targets in my area received 5 preorder for each system.. They should easily be able to track how many were purchased at their store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back