Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NoMeDigas']I think it will feel better when it's not tethered to a giant, coiled wire.[/QUOTE]
That too. Kiosks are always awkward, and gaming is always more comfortable at home. But I got what I wanted to see-- visual quality of the screen, and a general idea of what the touch pad feels like. Mission accomplished.

[quote name='lilseung']Was Wii hard to get after release if you didn't pre-order?[/QUOTE] I live in Portland and it was pretty much nowhere to be found for a good year. I luckily got one after a friend who knew a Target employee tipped me off about new inventory.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']I live in Portland and it was pretty much nowhere to be found for a good year. I luckily got one after a friend who knew a Target employee tipped me off about new inventory.[/QUOTE]

I live in Portland too and I remember the Wii was pure madness. I wish there was some sort of indicator as too how popular the wii u is going to be. I literally have no idea what to expect come launch.

I live in Portland as well. I was able to get it the day after Thanksgiving. I camped out at a GameStop out in Sherwood at like 1 or 2 AM and was 3rd in line. The store had like 6-8 consoles I believe. This of course was during launch year.

I think you just had to know what stores would be getting a few and just camp it out. If you called stores like everyday and kept up with inventory you would be bound to land one. The only reason I knew that GameStop was getting consoles was because one of my cousins called them and they said they would be getting a shipment.

Definitely the same approach with the Wii Fit. If it helps, places further out from civilization get stock and it's easier to obtain. When I was down in Corvallis for school the local Fred Meyers would get random shipments of the console as well as the Wii Fit Balance board (when these were still semi rare).

As for the Wii U, I guess we will have to wait and see come launch date. I preordered at a few places so far. I got in on a Deluxe Preorder off Walmart.com, grabbed a couple Deluxe preorder cards from my local Target today, and I put my name on the GameStop waitlist (I think I am like 14th in line though). Hopefully I won't have any issues getting my console but I obviously preordered at a couple of places to ensure one of my orders goes through.

I also got to try Rayman at Best Buy, went through the full Black Betty stage then some of the other level they had up before running out of time. Tried it in coop so I used the new controller, I like how it feels a lot more then I thought I would, the extra space between your hands is actually really nice and I'm definitely happy I got a preorder in now.

Wouldn't it be funny if everyone preordering a Wii U was just trying to sell it for a ridiculous markup? lol XD

/me thinks back to the $1,000+ PS3s on ebay.

[quote name='ShadowNYC']Wouldn't it be funny if everyone preordering a Wii U was just trying to sell it for a ridiculous markup? lol XD

/me thinks back to the $1,000+ PS3s on ebay.[/QUOTE] Many of us are legitimate video game fans, not just solely flippers. I pre-ordered two: one for me, and one for my sister-in-law and her family for Christmas (working on becoming the coolest uncle ever...). Cannot wait to play NSMBU on Nov. 18, assuming all goes well with my preorder. :lol:

[quote name='rohitman']Foxconn has already had supply issues when it came to the iPhone 5...[/QUOTE]
Sounds like those damn kids have been slacking off again.

[quote name='ral1121']The Wii U exceeded Nintendo's pre-order expectations, with more than 250,000 GameStop customers putting their names on waiting lists for the console, according to a presentation Nintendo president Satoru Iwata gave during the company's second quarter financial results.

Of the two Wii U models, Nintendo officials reported that the Wii U Deluxe set (the higher-end model which retails for $349.99) is doing better in terms of pre-order numbers. The company said that GameStop in the U.S. exceeded its allocated pre-orders as of last week, and in that time more than a quarter million people have put their names on a waiting list.

"As production only started this summer, it is has now become more likely that it is our production capacity, rather than consumer demand, that will place limits on our Wii U prospects for this calendar year," Iwata said. "But we will make every effort to supply as many units as possible, and we will strive to continue to ship Wii U hardware without any interruptions in each regions even after its launch."

Via: Polygon.com[/QUOTE]

GameStop EXCEEDED its preorder allotment? While I have no idea how they did that last week if the console hasn't been preorderable for about 3 or 4 weeks now...this still has me worried. I really hope the do a midnight release. I don't want to have to take off work to wait in line because GS oversold.

So I went to Walmart yesterday and got a Deluxe system on Layaway. I asked them if they would sell them at midnight and nobody knew. They said layaway is only open from 9-9 and since I still owe a penny on the sale it would have to go through layaway. Anyone know anything about if they will do midnight releases or is it just based on the store?

[quote name='Qik']So I went to Walmart yesterday and got a Deluxe system on Layaway. I asked them if they would sell them at midnight and nobody knew. They said layaway is only open from 9-9 and since I still owe a penny on the sale it would have to go through layaway. Anyone know anything about if they will do midnight releases or is it just based on the store?[/QUOTE]

It's true that their layaway department is 'officially' open from 9am-9pm. But when I went to Walmart at 1am on October 14th someone was able to help me at the layaway desk. I'm guessing they'll do the same for launch day. So really, it just depends on who's working and how much they like you!

Was able to walk into Target this morning when they opened and pick up the last two pre-order cards for deluxe units. They both rang up as $5 dollars a piece. I was confused at first as they were not with all the other Wii/WiiU pre-sell cards but were on an end cap. There were at least 5 basic cards left. Thanks CAG for pointing this out and here's hoping it works out on release day.

[quote name='Qik']So I went to Walmart yesterday and got a Deluxe system on Layaway. I asked them if they would sell them at midnight and nobody knew. They said layaway is only open from 9-9 and since I still owe a penny on the sale it would have to go through layaway. Anyone know anything about if they will do midnight releases or is it just based on the store?[/QUOTE]

The only thing you can do is check with the store or department manager when time comes closer. Walmart basically gives their store managers free reign over store policy for these things. That being said, electronics employees are usually backup for layaway. If you find an electronics employee that is trained for layaway, they may do you a favor and finish the transaction before 9am.

Ok... I ordered a bundle on Walmart's website on Tuesday night.

Here is a link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-...-Choice-of-Wii-U-Game-and-Controller/21803986

They have authorized my credit card, so it would seem that they believe they will have enough systems to cover my preorder.

Now at the time I ordered, I picked the 32gb Black Wii U with Super Mario for the game choice and the Black Wii U Pro Controller.

If you try to order the same items now, you can, but notice that instead of the first party Nintendo White and Black Wii U Pro controllers they now have 3rd party "InterWorks" controllers instead.

This would seem to indicate that they are "selling through" on the controllers as people purchase the Wii U bundles.

It's a little strange that this Wii U bundle has been available for the last two days, but if any retailer is big enough to have access to a large number of systems, I would think Walmart would be one of them.

after scowering a few of the target stores in my area, I finally found one that had a few pre-order tags left for the premium system.

it seems odd that the ticket claims it's a $5 deposit, yet only ran up for a $1 or that none of the employees in the stores that I visited had any knowledge that they were even offering pre-orders

The walmart where pre-ordered has layaway hours 9-9 also. The actual store closes at midnight. However, the employee at layaway did tell me that if I got to the store before midnight when the doors are still open on nov 17th and went back to the layaway section, They would give me the wii u at 1201 a.m.

On a different note, I still owe .01 but only because i asked the employee to leave the penny on the layaway after she tried to charge me the full amount, if it was up to her i would have just paid off the entire thing. Is there any actual downside to just paying it completely off?

[quote name='junghu']Wait until launch date and we'll find out how many of us will get system in hand :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't wait to see how this plays out. I almost pre-ordered another white console at Target today just so I'd have some redundancy if Best Buy oversold their pre-orders. Dang it, I still can't find a Deluxe to pre-order anywhere.

Wow....that Pro Controller U is making me want to buy it so badly......but I just know its going to drastically disappoint me.

On a side note, I do not want to see this topic on the 18th and 19th next month, it might be the most rage I have seen on CAG in years.

Went back to the Target by me just now and still nothing.. sigh. I envy anyone who got their cards already, lol. Gonna check another one after work.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Wow....that Pro Controller U is making me want to buy it so badly......but I just know its going to drastically disappoint me.

On a side note, I do not want to see this topic on the 18th and 19th next month, it might be the most rage I have seen on CAG in years.[/QUOTE]

I do! Even if mine is one order that gets cancelled it will be worth it to see all the flippers crying and threatening lawsuits lol. Always the more amusement parts of these threads

[quote name='musha666']I do! Even if mine is one order that gets cancelled it will be worth it to see all the flippers crying and threatening lawsuits lol. Always the more amusement parts of these threads

[quote name='nightmarishhero']On a different note, I still owe .01 but only because i asked the employee to leave the penny on the layaway after she tried to charge me the full amount, if it was up to her i would have just paid off the entire thing. Is there any actual downside to just paying it completely off?[/QUOTE]

Yes, there most certainly is a downside. The way layaway works is that everything is assigned a bin. If you paid it off, that means your item was removed from its bin. In other words, it would mean that you already have a Wii U in your possession, even if you don't, which is why the guys who paid them off are screwed and will have to bitch at management to Kingdom Come.

The target in my area finally got the cards in so I picked up two for me and as a gift for my brother in law. I am not optimistic that Target will hold the item. I know there are a few CAG Target employees and I was wondering How are these pre orders going to be handled? I asked the guy who rang up my purchases and he claimed they put pre orders behind the counter and will hold it but then when I was looking at the Vita which I hope to pick up on Black Friday another guy from electronics was walking around and he claimed it would be first come first serve even though its a pre order. I have a feeling there might be a lot of us who don't get our pre orders this holiday season but I hope I am wrong.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Yes, there most certainly is a downside. The way layaway works is that everything is assigned a bin. If you paid it off, that means your item was removed from its bin. In other words, it would mean that you already have a Wii U in your possession, even if you don't, which is why the guys who paid them off are screwed and will have to bitch at management to Kingdom Come.[/QUOTE]

wow, didn't think its was that big a deal, only thought they might have trouble finding which label for the wii u, on the wii u i bought and reserved belonged to me. I have never been glad to owe someone a penny

Yeah, they screwed up and paid off my entire pre-order. It was a big pain to clear up and I'm still not 100% sure it's fixed. Basically, it puts your order into the void. It's paid off, yet a pre-order. So your receipt looks like you already picked it up. Worse, I couldn't even cancel and re-order... it's stuck. All the managers at my Walmart know about it, but I'm still concerned they won't actually ship my Wii-U there (you know, since it's already paid for).

I lucked out. Didn't even know Target was doing pre-orders. I have zero money to go and pre-order one until tomorrow. Sucks.... tomorrow I'll have enough to buy three Wii-U's if they were out and available already. Ah paychecks, bills, timing and life. I tell ya..... Congrats to those who were able to get multiples though (yeaaaa).....

I got a few of the target cards, but i dont see how they are going to hold them for us, they didnt even take down a name or anything, whats to stop someone that bought pre order cards from another target, to go into another target, and pick up their console there ? will wait until date gets closer, and call someone

[quote name='UnseenGamer7']The target in my area finally got the cards in so I picked up two for me and as a gift for my brother in law. I am not optimistic that Target will hold the item. I know there are a few CAG Target employees and I was wondering How are these pre orders going to be handled? I asked the guy who rang up my purchases and he claimed they put pre orders behind the counter and will hold it but then when I was looking at the Vita which I hope to pick up on Black Friday another guy from electronics was walking around and he claimed it would be first come first serve even though its a pre order. I have a feeling there might be a lot of us who don't get our pre orders this holiday season but I hope I am wrong.[/QUOTE]

I work for Target. The "guy walking around" has no clue what he is talking about. Here is how preordering works at Target.

Target sells preorder cards. Each title/product has an end date (usually a week before the game releases) where the store has to pull the cards from the sales floor and can no longer sell them. Corporate calculates how many preorder cards were sold per store. When the product comes in, the store holds back the number of preorders they received total. Those preorder units are held back for 7 days, in which the store has to put them back on the shelf to the public. Your preorder card is basically your ticket to pick up your preorder. The store will not sell any preorder held units to ANYBODY without a preorder card. If you lost it, then you're screwed. The held back preorder units only go to the folks who present the preorder cards, so the possibility of those going to "first come, first serve" isn't possible.

Does that mean the system is perfect? No. Is it possible you have an incompetent store who forgets to hold back preorders? Sure. Anybody can fall victim to that at any retail store that does preorders though. Is it possible some douche comes in and uses his card at another store and throws off the counts? Sure but the odds of that are low. The only thing I can think of that could possibly screw you guys out of your preorder is if the store forgets to pull the preorder cards when the preorder date expires and you somehow purchase one and it doesn't get counted as a preorder. I'm not sure if it would still be counted or not after that date, but it is possible that your preorder wouldn't count in that case.

So my recommendation is to check the preorder date on the back of the card (top right corner) to make sure it is still valid before you purchase it. Other than that, yes you are guaranteed your system if you preorder at Target.

How did Nintendo saying that GS oversold their allotment get lost in the shuffle of this thread? It makes me quite worried, as that's where my preorder is.

[quote name='Davivascaino']so what is the veredict? Should we pay the wii u off now??? I am not getting it the problem here[/QUOTE]

They told me NOT to pay off the layaway totally, because the system would think you picked it up already, I'm not paying anything until I pick it up

Hmm just realized something. I have $65 of sold games at on a bestbuy gift card and 40 at gamestop. I suppose I can buy Wii U cash card for the eshop, cuz I wont to download Madden 13 because sports games have no resale value so digitally downloading it wont hurt me.

[quote name='fshaia']FaintdefTone, do they ask for a receipt to make sure you bought the pre-order card at that store ? Thanks[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. Presenting your receipt would show the store where you got the card. Also, as I've mentioned a few times in this thread, the "do not sale after date" is 12/30/2012. Not sure why.

[quote name='Drclaw411']How did Nintendo saying that GS oversold their allotment get lost in the shuffle of this thread? It makes me quite worried, as that's where my preorder is.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? :shock:

Am I the only one who is really hoping they eventually release a glasses free 3D gamepad? That'd be wonderful.

And Deader, I was wondering the same thing. And I'm still quote surprised that nobody seems to care that GS appears to have oversold.

I think I'll be calling my GS the day before and telling them not to sell my console because I can't pick it up until I get off work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back