Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fshaia']FaintdefTone, do they ask for a receipt to make sure you bought the pre-order card at that store ? Thanks[/QUOTE]

They do not, unfortunately. They totally should though. I think the reason they do not is because if somebody loses the receipt, they can't flip out on us for not allowing them to pick up the preorder. Although, I'm sure we would get flipped out on too if we didn't have the preorder and it was something that was hard to get ahold of.

I've worked for Target for over 4 years and I have not seen any preorder issues occur, but that isn't to say it won't happen. However, I'm pretty confident you guys are fine.

[quote name='Drclaw411']How did Nintendo saying that GS oversold their allotment get lost in the shuffle of this thread? It makes me quite worried, as that's where my preorder is.[/QUOTE]

I think that the article in question may have misquoted the financial report. This is the only thing I could find that remotely resembles that in the actual financial report:

"To give a nice anecdote which illustrates how well pre-orders are doing at the moment, GameStop, which is the largest specialty retailer of video games in the U.S., created a "waiting list" after all of their allocated pre-orders had been sold out, and as of last week, more than 250,000 consumers had put their name and contact details on the waiting list for a Wii U system."

[quote name='thetruth1983']My friend kept bragging that Walmart let him order 3. They just called and told him that they are cancelling one so he will only be able to pick up 2.[/QUOTE]

Tell him he can do 2 preorders per store. My area has 10 Walmarts.

These are not selling all that great on Ebay seen a few at ending at 450 nothing over 475 none are sell ing at or above 500 almost not worth reselling unless you get a bunch. Lot of work for a 100 a unit. After tax not even that much plus ebay fees glad I'm not reselling any seems like a waste of time. Just got 1 for me.

I went to a Target and they had about 4 white preorder cards. I asked the bespectacled cashier fellow about deluxe preorders and he told me they do not do preorders on the deluxe model: "first come first serve." Do I trust this guy? Perhaps a bit squirrelly.

No he doesn't know what he's talking about. I just preordered at target got one that had a black console an when it rang up it said 32 gb deluxe model. I had to stand there for 5 minutes for them to figure out the giftcard which I told them I get when I pick up the system and they didn't believe me

[quote name='devincenzi']I went to a Target and they had about 4 white preorder cards. I asked the bespectacled cashier fellow about deluxe preorders and he told me they do not do preorders on the deluxe model: "first come first serve." Do I trust this guy? Perhaps a bit squirrelly.[/QUOTE]

No. Every store gets a certain number of cards (black and white). They're only getting that amount of systems on launch day. They either sold their cards or are keeping them for the employees.
Don't show up on launch day trying to find one.
I do expect to hear some nice stories with people holding their cards on launch day, and being told that they sold all their systems. It's Target, and it's bound to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if Fred Meyer is doing a midnight release for the Wii u? Or do they usually do one for console releases?

[quote name='vcplant']Yeah, they screwed up and paid off my entire pre-order. It was a big pain to clear up and I'm still not 100% sure it's fixed. Basically, it puts your order into the void. It's paid off, yet a pre-order. So your receipt looks like you already picked it up. Worse, I couldn't even cancel and re-order... it's stuck. All the managers at my Walmart know about it, but I'm still concerned they won't actually ship my Wii-U there (you know, since it's already paid for).[/QUOTE]

I still don't understand why you bothered paying it off in the first place. Why not just pay it off when you pick it? Do you not trust yourself with money?

[quote name='Sonic2k2']Does anyone know if Fred Meyer is doing a midnight release for the Wii u? Or do they usually do one for console releases?[/QUOTE]

Don't know but I did notice that they put up pretty big Wii U promo sections in their relatively small Electronics section. They had signs taped to it saying "Coming Nov. 18th". So, yeah, if I hadn't already preordered one at GS that's where I would get it. I'd imagine they won't be all that hard to get the first day (at least the first few hours) from Fred Meyer - it is always overlooked as a place to get that sort of thing. Depends on how much the hype builds up in the general public by that point though. It might be that they aren't that hard to get that first day, but then get harder to find in December as everyone starts looking for them (just like with the Wii).

Went and got a deluxe preorder from Target, there was only one left after i got mine. By the way, mine cost $5 to reserve and not $1 like alot of you. I asked the electronics guy about how it was going to work if they were gonna hold them behind counter and got this gem of a response, " no, we are gonna be getting tons of them in so you can just come in and get one".Lol. I hope he is just out of the know and they will be holding them either behind electronics counter or customer service sounter. I'll have to ask the manager a few days before launch. I now have preorders at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and Target so surely between the three i'll have one on launch. I just want one so i'll cancel or return others once i get one, not worried about trying to flip them, i'm just an oldschool nintendo fan and have been waiting for WiiU for a long time and can't wait to play it along with my kids.

[quote name='tightclaws']These are not selling all that great on Ebay seen a few at ending at 450 nothing over 475 none are sell ing at or above 500 almost not worth reselling unless you get a bunch. Lot of work for a 100 a unit. After tax not even that much plus ebay fees glad I'm not reselling any seems like a waste of time. Just got 1 for me.[/QUOTE]

Its cute that you're starting this over, but would you care to link the auctions you're referring to? I find it hard to believe that preorders went for under $450 and over $550 on the same day. I have a few on my watch list from yesterday, and every single one is over $500.

[quote name='juanawoman']Did you totally miss the post from the mod saying not to talk about that stuff? Sheesh.[/QUOTE]

He's actually the same one who started the convo the first time, i'm sure he's well aware. He's just really upset about it I guess.

[quote name='jacknicklson']I didn't expect the Famicom color to make it here, great news! Hopefully they stack up as I am not paying $50 for controllers, especially if these work with Wii games as the official ones do not

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n:468642,k:pro controller U interworks[/QUOTE]

These don't look like officially licensed products. Most of the Wii un-licensed stuff was crap, but I'm tempted because of the color choices and dual compatability... Would love to see a review.

[quote name='juanawoman']People who went to GameStop to preorder the Wii U in the first few days are guaranteed. When GameStop stopped taking preorders, they started the wait list, which is over the allotment.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/22/gamestop-creates-wii-u-wait-list-we-refresh-our-inboxes/

Did you totally miss the post from the mod saying not to talk about that stuff? Sheesh.[/QUOTE]

first few days? i thought they were gone after a few hours.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']first few days? i thought they were gone after a few hours.[/QUOTE]
the premium (black system) bundles were sold out before the end of the first day. I think it took GS about 3-4 days to reach their allocation for the basic (white system) bundles

[quote name='j.m.ratkos']the premium (black system) bundles were sold out before the end of the first day. I think it took GS about 3-4 days to reach their allocation for the basic (white system) bundles[/QUOTE]

maybe they're getting more of the basics then.

[quote name='j.m.ratkos']the premium (black system) bundles were sold out before the end of the first day. I think it took GS about 3-4 days to reach their allocation for the basic (white system) bundles[/QUOTE]

i preordered the deluxe black first day at GS, went the following day and they said they were told to cut preorders on the deluxe around 4-5pm, so for the most part they only accepted preorders for 2 days

Went to the closes Target near me (Frisco, TX) & they had 5 basic console pre-orders but no deluxe console pre-orders. Called 2 other locations & the 2nd one had 2 of the deluxe so drove 15-mins over there & purchased both of them (one for my little cousin & one for myself). FWIW, my receipt says "WIIU PRESELL 2 @ $1.00 ea" so I was charged $2 total despite the fact each card listed it as a $5 reservation.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Went to the closes Target near me (Frisco, TX) & they had 5 basic console pre-orders but no deluxe console pre-orders. Called 2 other locations & the 2nd one had 2 of the deluxe so drove 15-mins over there & purchased both of them (one for my little cousin & one for myself). FWIW, my receipt says "WIIU PRESELL 2 @ $1.00 ea" so I was charged $2 total despite the fact each card listed it as a $5 reservation.[/QUOTE]
Same. I think it's weird that some of us are charged only $1 while others I have read were charged the full $5

[quote name='D.Choy']Same. I think it's weird that some of us are charged only $1 while others I have read were charged the full $5[/QUOTE]

I think its supposed to charge you $5 as they then give you the $5 back in form of a giftcard when you pickup the wiiU. Not sure why some are ringing up $1 though. Target is gonna end up giving those people $4 for free after giving them $5 gc. I was charged $5 tonight.

[quote name='Darth Indy']I think its supposed to charge you $5 as they then give you the $5 back in form of a giftcard when you pickup the wiiU. Not sure why some are ringing up $1 though. Target is gonna end up giving those people $4 for free after giving them $5 gc. I was charged $5 tonight.[/QUOTE]
I even talked to customer service about it and the lady didn't know what to say. She scanned the barcode again and it still rung up as $1. I'm not going to think about it too much. I'll just be sure to go in a couple days early to ensure I will be getting my console. I'll even camp out midnight if I have to.

[quote name='Darth Indy']I think its supposed to charge you $5 as they then give you the $5 back in form of a giftcard when you pickup the wiiU. Not sure why some are ringing up $1 though. Target is gonna end up giving those people $4 for free after giving them $5 gc. I was charged $5 tonight.[/QUOTE]

I don't really think target will lose $4.. the game preorders are usually one dollar and you get $5 gift card back

[quote name='tightclaws']These are not selling all that great on Ebay seen a few at ending at 450 nothing over 475 none are sell ing at or above 500 almost not worth reselling unless you get a bunch. Lot of work for a 100 a unit. After tax not even that much plus ebay fees glad I'm not reselling any seems like a waste of time. Just got 1 for me.[/QUOTE]

The Wii U isn't even on many parents' radar yet. It'll be interesting to see how things play out closer to Christmas. It could be that those who bought multiple units will be in for a nice payday but I didn't buy any for resale my self.

As a gamer for many years, I knew that if I wanted to get one for my son I'd have to pre-order one myself. I refuse to buy consoles like this on ebay at prices well over retail as a matter of personal principle.

Are there two bar codes on the back of the card? From a previous post it sounds like there could be a $1 bar code for the pre-order and one that becomes $5 gift card when you pick up the pre-order.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Went to the closes Target near me (Frisco, TX) & they had 5 basic console pre-orders but no deluxe console pre-orders. Called 2 other locations & the 2nd one had 2 of the deluxe so drove 15-mins over there & purchased both of them (one for my little cousin & one for myself). FWIW, my receipt says "WIIU PRESELL 2 @ $1.00 ea" so I was charged $2 total despite the fact each card listed it as a $5 reservation.[/QUOTE]

Is your cousin's name Craig? :lol:

[quote name='Nintendonly']Is your cousin's name Craig? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Like earlier I was reminded of the 80's guy from Futurama now I think of this.

Girl: Will you sign my magazine?

Leela
: Aw! Sure thing, sweetie. Who should I make it out to?

Girl: Well, uh ... to eBay?

Leela: That's a popular name today. Little "e" big "B"?

No go at my Target yet, but sitting in a cart in electronics were 2 Halo 4 360 bundles and 2 AC3 PS3 bundles that I can actually lay claim to having held in my hands. A friend that works there said they were starting to get bunches of them in but they have to go by the street dates. So nice though.

For those of you saying your Target still doesn't have the pre-order cards.. thats doubtful. Have someone in electronics scan for DPCI #: 207070473. Most likely they'll go "Oh - they are here, just not on the floor" - and then someone will get them for you. Both Targets I went to had no clue until I had them scan the number.. and each time I waited for them to retrieve the cards from the back.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Those are unofficial and clearly conceptual. If you buy into that, you're being a sucker.[/QUOTE]

I am glad I have you here then. I might've made an uninformed purchase :roll:

[quote name='thundarr']No go at my Target yet, but sitting in a cart in electronics were 2 Halo 4 360 bundles and 2 AC3 PS3 bundles that I can actually lay claim to having held in my hands. A friend that works there said they were starting to get bunches of them in but they have to go by the street dates. So nice though.[/QUOTE]
I would have grabbed them and made a dart for the registers at the front of the store. :lol:

[quote name='juanawoman']I would have grabbed them and made a dart for the registers at the front of the store. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Then the inventory will be incorrect :(
You will confuse the heck of the employees even more :applause:

[quote name='NoMeDigas']I still don't understand why you bothered paying it off in the first place. Why not just pay it off when you pick it? Do you not trust yourself with money?[/QUOTE]

Nah, just paying with Amex Gift Cards. Not collecting interest either way (plus, it'll be nice to show up with a shiny penny to pick up two Wii U's).

[quote name='pgruidl']For those of you saying your Target still doesn't have the pre-order cards.. thats doubtful. Have someone in electronics scan for DPCI #: 207070473. Most likely they'll go "Oh - they are here, just not on the floor" - and then someone will get them for you. Both Targets I went to had no clue until I had them scan the number.. and each time I waited for them to retrieve the cards from the back.[/QUOTE]

When I enter the DCPI it says "aile n/a" "storeroom: no" Anybody have any inclination as to whether or I missed the boat or if the store still has not received them?

[quote name='juanawoman']I would have grabbed them and made a dart for the registers at the front of the store. :lol:[/QUOTE]
The registers won't allow them to be sold anyway. If they are scanned it says they can't be sold until after whatever the street date is.

So Walmart obviously got a TON of Wii-U's between the layaway and pre-order bundles. Seems nuts that Target and Toys R Us wouldn't have numbers in at least the same ballpark and both their pre-orders seem tiny in comparison.

[quote name='vcplant']So Walmart obviously got a TON of Wii-U's between the layaway and pre-order bundles. Seems nuts that Target and Toys R Us wouldn't have numbers in at least the same ballpark and both their pre-orders seem tiny in comparison.[/QUOTE]
Or they think they're getting a ton.

[quote name='vcplant']So Walmart obviously got a TON of Wii-U's between the layaway and pre-order bundles. Seems nuts that Target and Toys R Us wouldn't have numbers in at least the same ballpark and both their pre-orders seem tiny in comparison.[/QUOTE]

As I've said in this thread before, with Amazon NOT selling these, that opens up a lot more consoles to be sold at B&M stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back