Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably the only one bummed by this, but Sonic Racing got pushed back to December. Gotta wait for the Panzer Dragoon zone a month longer now.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']After the whole iPhone 5 debacle and Foxconn literally having those fights at the factory, I can see the low numbers happening. I don't know how production is going but I can assume it's not as fast as Nintendo would like.[/QUOTE]

Well, there's THIS:

"As production only started this summer, it has now become more likely that it is our production capacity, rather than consumer demand, that will place limits on our Wii U prospects for this calendar year. But we will make every effort to supply as many units as possible, and we will strive to continue to ship Wii U hardware without any interruptions in each region even after its launch." -- Nintendo President Satoru Iwata in the company's quarterly report to investors

[quote name='dennisb407']Went to the closer Target by my house tonight, no cards on display, but got ahold of the guy walking around with the tool that looks up inventory, I tried to find the number here in the thread on the phone, but he found it before I did.

Turned out the cards were in the back stock room, he went back and brought me 1 blk out I asked what was left he told me 4 deluxe editions were left, so I assume they still had 5 white versions left too.

He goes to ring me up and it scanned for $5 I'm like I just got a preorder the other day and they charged me $1. Im like hold on, I have the card and receipt out in the car.

Bring it back he walks me up to customer service where I guess one of the head ladies couldn't do any price adjustments so they had to call LOD whatever that is and he said go ahead and charge me a $1[/QUOTE]

I'm curious which Target this was. Waterford Lakes had plenty of White tags, but no black. University had none of either. I finally hit pay dirt with the 17-92 Castleberry location yesterday...they still had all their white tags and two black tags. That isn't a very high traffic Target, so I imagine there's still some left if anyone is looking for a pre-order in the Orlando area.

[quote name='tdn327']walmart.com has it all morning and has yet to sell out. go preorder if you need one.[/QUOTE]

They've had it available for 6 or 7 days now.

Before you check out it says "Your requested quantity is not available. Please choose a smaller quantity"

So who knows if you will actually get one

[quote name='tdn327']walmart.com has it all morning and has yet to sell out. go preorder if you need one.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't rely on walmart.com anymore. A friend of mine submitted 2 orders they both got canceled almost immediately.

Well here is the response I got from walmart, does not leave me brimming with confidence, but they It will ship on the 18th. Hello Glenn,

Thank you for contacting Walmart.com regarding when your order will be ship. We are going to provide you with the necessary information related to your order.

This Nintendo Wii U Solution Bundle in your order # ......... is being sold as a preorder. The release date for this item is on November 18 and will be ship on that date. The estimated delivery date for your order is on November 26. Take into account that your credit card will not be billed until the item is shipped. If you dod not want to wait for this order you can attempt to cancel it by following the steps below.

1. Sign in to My Account
2. Find the order you wish to cancel
3. Click the order number to see the order details

If it is still possible to request a cancellation, you will see a Cancel button. Click the button to submit your request and we will work with our warehouse to attempt to cancel your order. If there is no Cancel button, the order is too far in the shipping process to be canceled.

Glenn, we are glad that you have given us the opportunity to assist you and if you have additional questions please reply to this email.

Sincerely,
Walmart.com Customer Care

[quote name='rayfrombk']I wouldn't rely on walmart.com anymore. A friend of mine submitted 2 orders they both got canceled almost immediately.[/QUOTE]
this is good news, it means they are not excepting orders they can't fill. Good for those that got in early enough.

Resellers what are you thinking right now? I sold a few on Amazon for 600 about a month ago but the prices have been steadily dropping and are under $500 right now. What are peoples thoughts on what will happen with the prices?

Also on Walmart.com they changed the bundle, it's no longer with any controller, it's just the Wii U and a game now. So I'm thinking they are still taking orders as of right now.

If a manager really told some of you they are not going to follow the conditions of the reservation cards, are you going to do anything about it, like call corporate to clarify with the store what they are supposed to be doing? If you give me the store info, I'd even do it myself. It's not much hassle to clear things up for anyone who is affected, and even to send a message to these stores you do business with that someone is paying attention to how they do business, you know?

Sent using TAPATALK on Iphone 6

[quote name='ProppaT']I'm curious which Target this was. Waterford Lakes had plenty of White tags, but no black. University had none of either. I finally hit pay dirt with the 17-92 Castleberry location yesterday...they still had all their white tags and two black tags. That isn't a very high traffic Target, so I imagine there's still some left if anyone is looking for a pre-order in the Orlando area.[/QUote]

The card I got on Thurs afternoon after work was Hunters Creek, I was first one to make a Wii U preorder purchase and they charged me $1, so I left 5 white and 4 black behind.

Last night I went to Millenia Target, once again 1st one to make a preorder purchase, therefore leaving another 5 white and 4 black behind and the guy who went to the back didnt even bring those out with the 1blk that I wanted.

Newegg has Pro Controllers for pre-order again.

I'm starting to worry that my local Gamestop won't have a midnight launch though. It ticks me off that they'd have one for Vita and not for Wii U, despite it being sold out from the get go.

Here's a question for you guys:I preordered with Paypal with Kmart last month, and the pending charge in my PayPal says it expires on November 14th. So, what does this mean, that they will take the money then?

I think Walmart is taking restock Preorders now, not launch day shipments. When you add to cart you get these shipping dates:

Ship

Standard Arrives by Thu, Nov 29
Expedited Arrives by Wed, Nov 28
Rush Arrives by Mon, Nov 26

[quote name='MrBoss']I think Walmart is taking restock Preorders now, not launch day shipments. When you add to cart you get these shipping dates:

Ship

Rush Arrives by Mon, Nov 26[/QUOTE]

That makes sense and it's also good news, it means we should see regular shipments weekly. Scalpers better be real smart or ... :lol:

Target selling 1$ preorders from a business standpoint DOES NOT make sense?

Why lock yourself into a single customer for only a $1? I mean what if me and 4 other people went in their and bought 5 cards for a total of $5 and then NEVER show up to pick them up.

That costs Target over a $1500 in sales. Wii Us will sell out launch day period, for 1$ its not worth it for Target imo.

Its easier to preorder games because their is no demand for games, but consoles are a much different story come launch.

[quote name='MrBoss']I think Walmart is taking restock Preorders now, not launch day shipments. When you add to cart you get these shipping dates:

Ship

Rush Arrives by Mon, Nov 26[/QUOTE]

It has always been that way since you were able to preorder. No one can ship anything on launch day because it's a Sunday. Major shipping carriers are also not open on Thanksgiving or the day after Thanksgiving. Processing with Walmart always takes 1 or 2 days and you usually receive your item(s) way before the arrive by date. Walmart puts the "Arrives by" date as the latest you'll expect it.

Well, I went and pre-ordered a Wii U Deluxe at my 24 hour walmart, but I felt REALLY unsure about it seeing as how I didn't see them print out any labels and stick them into the binder like they were suppose to...SO, I heard about Target doing pre-orders and called my local Target's Electronics Department, guy there said they had a few calls about them and were trying to locate the "Cards" he said he could take my name and phone number and call me when they found them. I figured sure why not? even though i was probably out of luck...however, 2 minutes later he called me back saying they found them and would set one aside for me. I was there in 10 minutes and got my preorder card for the deluxe bundle....I feel safe about getting a wii u system on launch day now and figure if anything I can sell the second one but I'll most likely cancel the walmart preorder seeing as how I don't think there will be ANY shortage of Wii U systems come launch day...the system just doesnt seem to be getting the same hype that the original Wii did...people knew about that realease MONTHS ahead of time....P.S. on Craigslist, people are trying to sell their PREORDERS for anywhere between $100-$300 and that's WITHOUT the cost of buying the system...I just think it's hilarious people think they can get that kind of money lol

[quote name='soxxx']Target selling 1$ preorders from a business standpoint DOES NOT make sense?

Why lock yourself into a single customer for only a $1? I mean what if me and 4 other people went in their and bought 5 cards for a total of $5 and then NEVER show up to pick them up.

That costs Target over a $1500 in sales. Wii Us will sell out launch day period, for 1$ its not worth it for Target imo.

Its easier to preorder games because their is no demand for games, but consoles are a much different story come launch.[/QUOTE]

They probably should've printed pre-order cards that require more investment from customers then. $25 probably would've sufficed.

[quote name='GoodbyeSoberDay']Not sure if this will help or if it applies to your situation, but I found this:

http://www.ehow.com/info_8656052_payment-expired-paypal-mean.html[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that. I'm gonna call up KMart just tp be sure that everything is ok. Last I spoke with them a couple weeks ago I got verbal confirmation my order was fine. It can't be because of insufficient funds, because they don't charge until it ships. I just don't want them to cancel my order a few days before release.

Also, I tried to preorder on walmart.com, it did not go through, said there was none in stock.

[quote name='soxxx']Target selling 1$ preorders from a business standpoint DOES NOT make sense?

Its easier to preorder games because their is no demand for games, but consoles are a much different story come launch.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they play fair and hold the consoles for seven days, they will sell on day 8. A big corporation like Target isn't so hard up on money where it makes a difference if a hot console sells day 1, or day 8.

[quote name='dennisb407']The card I got on Thurs afternoon after work was Hunters Creek, I was first one to make a Wii U preorder purchase and they charged me $1, so I left 5 white and 4 black behind.

Last night I went to Millenia Target, once again 1st one to make a preorder purchase, therefore leaving another 5 white and 4 black behind and the guy who went to the back didnt even bring those out with the 1blk that I wanted.[/QUOTE]

Target charged me $5 each for a Black pre-order.

[quote name='AcePuppy']It has always been that way since you were able to preorder. No one can ship anything on launch day because it's a Sunday. Major shipping carriers are also not open on Thanksgiving or the day after Thanksgiving. Processing with Walmart always takes 1 or 2 days and you usually receive your item(s) way before the arrive by date. Walmart puts the "Arrives by" date as the latest you'll expect it.[/QUOTE]

I ordered it when this was first was posted went in stock.

My order:
Will arrive between Friday, 11/23/12, and Monday, 11/26/12.
Which makes a bit more sense if the release date is 11/18.

If they were shipping the same "early" stock why would they have a different date? Unless they expect a new batch the week of BF/Thanksgiving.

[quote name='MrBoss']I ordered it when this was first was posted went in stock.

My order:
Will arrive between Friday, 11/23/12, and Monday, 11/26/12.
Which makes a bit more sense if the release date is 11/18.

If they were shipping the same "early" stock why would they have a different date? Unless they expect a new batch the week of BF/Thanksgiving.[/QUOTE]

How would it be possible to get something on 11/23 when UPS (which is what will be used) is closed? Walmart's system probably doesn't know that and 11/18 is a Sunday and nothing can be picked up/shipped out either. WM also does a 1-2 day processing time. You do realize "unless they expect a new batch the week of BF/Thanksgiving" is the week the Wii U is released, right? WM always gives 7-10 days for Standard shipping as the latest arrival for ANYTHING that is in stock/preorder. Not going to argue this, since I use Walmart's site just as much as I use Newegg and Amazon.

Well, not that anyone cares lol but maybe I can clear this up for anyone else in the same boat as me.

I called KMart, and my order is fine on their end and is still set to arrive on the 18th. They told me to call PayPal to verify with them that everything was ok.

So, I called PayPal to ask what the "order expiration" was about. The guy told me that that just means I won't be able to place another order, like that is when that singular order ends. I asked him if the expiration date being on the 14th means that KMart won't be able to take the funds, and the guy said no, the order will still be there as pending unless it is cancelled or fufilled, he said a pending charge will not just expire until action is taken on either the end of the store or seller.

So, I'm still hoping it all goes well, butI sure do wish I just used my debit card instead of PP.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Well, not that anyone cares lol but maybe I can clear this up for anyone else in the same boat as me.

I called KMart, and my order is fine on their end and is still set to arrive on the 18th. They told me to call PayPal to verify with them that everything was ok.

So, I called PayPal to ask what the "order expiration" was about. The guy told me that that just means I won't be able to place another order, like that is when that singular order ends. I asked him if the expiration date being on the 14th means that KMart won't be able to take the funds, and the guy said no, the order will still be there as pending unless it is cancelled or fufilled, he said a pending charge will not just expire until action is taken on either the end of the store or seller.

So, I'm still hoping it all goes well, butI sure do wish I just used my debit card instead of PP.[/QUOTE]

Couldnt u of used your debit card through Paypal?

[quote name='GizmoGC']Target charged me $5 each for a Black pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Same here.. after driving to 5 different Targets today, I finally found one that had the cards. There were 3 of each on the shelf. I bought 2 of them for $10. I asked the cashier about how they will handle reservations and once again he said they won't be holding anything and that I should get there early some time before 8am. Looks like these cards are "priority passes".

[quote name='beatngurnuts']it's not nonsense, when you reserve a game anywhere you have to give them your pick up info, target doesn't do this because they don't actually hold the reserves, its first come first serve. The reserve card is just a first in line pass, they are not going to put consoles on hold because you paid a $1 for a card, seriously think about that. If someone comes in and wants to buy a wii u and there like no, someone purchased our $1 reserve cards, so were going to hold our consoles for who ever that was, you think that's a smart business decision.[/QUOTE]
WTF?

So you think they hand out a cut in line card?

[quote name='rayfrombk']Same here.. after driving to 5 different Targets today, I finally found one that had the cards. There were 3 of each on the shelf. I bought 2 of them for $10. I asked the cashier about how they will handle reservations and once again he said they won't be holding anything and that I should get there early some time before 8am. Looks like these cards are "priority passes".[/QUOTE]

What kind of crap is that?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Yeah, seriously. That makes zero sense. I hope these lazy stores are the minority.[/QUOTE]

It makes perfect sense. Target is not equipped to take real preorders and you get a $5 gift card in exchange for the $5 you are putting down. So, you are really risking nothing and Target could care less who they sell to since the consoles will sell out regardless. It also cuts down on resellers while legit buyers can get there at opening and get their console without having to camp out. I'm really not seeing the problem.

[quote name='rayfrombk']Same here.. after driving to 5 different Targets today, I finally found one that had the cards. There were 3 of each on the shelf. I bought 2 of them for $10. I asked the cashier about how they will handle reservations and once again he said they won't be holding anything and that I should get there early some time before 8am. Looks like these cards are "priority passes".[/QUOTE]

The crazy thing is, and excuse me if in wrong as I don't have my card on me right this second, don't the cards themselves day that they are specifically a preorder? And in the fine print I'm pretty sure it said they will hold your system for you for 7 days, and you MUST have your card to pick up. So I would assume that the card will tie to something that they will have with each preordered system so that you'll be promised one for up to 1 week after the official launch on 11/18 right?

[quote name='KingBroly']
I'm starting to worry that my local Gamestop won't have a midnight launch though. It ticks me off that they'd have one for Vita and not for Wii U, despite it being sold out from the get go.[/QUOTE]

Wonder if that's part of the reason. They only have enough inventory to help preorders so why bother with the added expense of a midnight launch if they can't sell to any new walk-ins

[quote name='Paladinion']Couldnt u of used your debit card through Paypal?[/QUOTE]
Well, I mean that's basically what I did. My Paypal is linked to my bank account. I mean I should have just entered my debit card number as payment. I was lazy and didn't want to go out to my car to get it, and I couldn't remember the numbers because it's a new one lol

[quote name='bojay1997']It makes perfect sense. Target is not equipped to take real preorders and you get a $5 gift card in exchange for the $5 you are putting down. So, you are really risking nothing and Target could care less who they sell to since the consoles will sell out regardless. It also cuts down on resellers while legit buyers can get there at opening and get their console without having to camp out. I'm really not seeing the problem.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Target doesn't particularly care one way or another, but why are they "not equipped" to take pre-orders?

[quote name='rbarba4']Wonder if that's part of the reason. They only have enough inventory to help preorders so why bother with the added expense of a midnight launch if they can't sell to any new walk-ins[/QUOTE]

GS midnight launches for consoles and games alike are always pre-order only anyway.

[quote name='beatngurnuts'] If someone comes in and wants to buy a wii u and there like no, someone purchased our $1 reserve cards, so were going to hold our consoles for who ever that was, you think that's a smart business decision.[/QUOTE]

because if a company sells a reserve card, and then does not reserve that product that was promised to the buyer they are going to lose customers.

What is more valuable to target.. keeping a customer or selling a Wii U (that's going to sellout anyway) to a random person who just walks in?

[quote name='Drclaw411']GS midnight launches for consoles and games alike are always pre-order only anyway.[/QUOTE]

They do get their fair share of walk-ins too, or at least the ones I've been to have.

[quote name='bojay1997']It makes perfect sense. Target is not equipped to take real preorders and you get a $5 gift card in exchange for the $5 you are putting down. So, you are really risking nothing and Target could care less who they sell to since the consoles will sell out regardless. It also cuts down on resellers while legit buyers can get there at opening and get their console without having to camp out. I'm really not seeing the problem.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry how does this cut down on resellers? Resellers are the ones that have time to go to the store and camp out and wait in line. Being able to reserve the item and pick it up when you want to helps out normal consumers not resellers.

If the consoles will sell out regardless why sell a preorder card and go OUT OF THEIR WAY to piss off customers who think they will have one reserved?

[quote name='tightclaws']That makes sense and it's also good news, it means we should see regular shipments weekly. Scalpers better be real smart or ... :lol:[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can take too much from the Wal-Mart shipping dates. For the two orders I placed today it indicates that they will arrive between 11/21 and 11/26. For the orders I placed on 10/14 it indicates they will arrive between 11/27 and 11/29.

[quote name='AcePuppy']How would it be possible to get something on 11/23 when UPS (which is what will be used) is closed? Walmart's system probably doesn't know that and 11/18 is a Sunday and nothing can be picked up/shipped out either. WM also does a 1-2 day processing time. You do realize "unless they expect a new batch the week of BF/Thanksgiving" is the week the Wii U is released, right? WM always gives 7-10 days for Standard shipping as the latest arrival for ANYTHING that is in stock/preorder. Not going to argue this, since I use Walmart's site just as much as I use Newegg and Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I have received two pieces of the bundles I have ordered (Wii Plus remotes) and both were shipped fedex 2-3 day

[quote name='DeathStinger356']The crazy thing is, and excuse me if in wrong as I don't have my card on me right this second, don't the cards themselves day that they are specifically a preorder? And in the fine print I'm pretty sure it said they will hold your system for you for 7 days, and you MUST have your card to pick up. So I would assume that the card will tie to something that they will have with each preordered system so that you'll be promised one for up to 1 week after the official launch on 11/18 right?[/QUOTE]

Writing something on the card is one thing and going through with it is another. If you want to take them on with that is written and make sure they stick to it, that's up to you. I'm not a lawyer so I can't say if they have to be binding to what's written and if Target can get sued (lol). Honestly, I don't see them giving a crap. If they didn't ask you for your name, phone number blah blah, etc then that should be a sign. Obviously NOT EVERY Target will be handling it this way. I'm just passing along what 2 different Target stores told me. Consider it as a fair warning. I think if you get the card, you should just go pick it up as soon as possible anyway to make sure you secure it. Are we really going to wait 7 days and risk something going wrong before we pick it up? Probably not.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I'm sorry how does this cut down on resellers? Resellers are the ones that have time to go to the store and camp out and wait in line. Being able to reserve the item and pick it up when you want to helps out normal consumers not resellers.

If the consoles will sell out regardless why sell a preorder card and go OUT OF THEIR WAY to piss off customers who think they will have one reserved?[/QUOTE]

Simple, you have to be there at opening to get a unit if you have the card. This very thread is full of people claiming they have picked up multiple Target preorder cards at multiple locations. If all Targets follow the same protocol, those flippers will only be able to pick up from one store unless they have a large family or many friends that will join in their foolishness. No legit customer is going to be upset because they will be there at opening to get the unit. The only people that are going to be upset are the people who have already sold these on Amazon or Ebay or Craigslist and won't be able to fulfill their orders as they won't be able to get the units.

What I am trying to do is warn people about target's pre-order cards and that they do not have a real system in place to handle there pre-orders. I worked there for a short time in the electronics dept and not once do I ever remember a game being held for a pre-order. I am not trying to discourage people from going there, I am just saying don't count on those reserve cards as a guarantee your going to get a system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back