Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KanYozakura'][/QUOTE]

This is... hilarious. Good shit man.

Jokes aside, the same issues that would plague a traditional fighter would plague a Smash Bros game.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']wireless isnt too bad man, get a decent speed internet service and a dual band wireless N router and you are good to go. I would still prefer wired but wireless isnt awful.[/QUOTE]

Wireless is like.. the scum of the earth making all games sucky, I don't care how good your wireless is, it isn't touching a wired connection, I'd also like to make the point that this is strictly for gaming, watching Netflix or downloading or uploading or pretty much anything is just fine on wifi, wired is better but it's only necessary for gaming.

[quote name='maximumzero']Now this may be a case of me not knowing what the fuck I'm talking about...but considering that USB 2.0 is 480 megabits per second and my internet connection at home is roughly 3 megabits per second....yeah, USB 2.0 is many, many more times faster than my internet speed.[/QUOTE]

Honestly speaking, I hope you're right. I just know when it comes between straight ethernet and something else, always go for straight ethernet.

[quote name='Smashbro29']This is... hilarious. Good shit man.

Jokes aside, the same issues that would plague a traditional fighter would plague a Smash Bros game.

Wireless is like.. the scum of the earth making all games sucky, I don't care how good your wireless is, it isn't touching a wired connection, I'd also like to make the point that this is strictly for gaming, watching Netflix or downloading or uploading or pretty much anything is just fine on wifi, wired is better but it's only necessary for gaming.

Honestly speaking, I hope you're right. I just know when it comes between straight ethernet and something else, always go for straight ethernet.[/QUOTE]

Either some of you guys have really crappy Internet connections, or I have a really good one. We have four consoles hooked up, three of which are wireless, and we have no problem whatsoever, no lag or anything. That includes if different people in the house are playing online at the same time. I suppose different areas have different levels of download speed/upload speed or something?

It helps to have a really quality router also. Don't forget that, I suspect some who are saying wireless is no good for gaming never bought a really quality router.

[quote name='GoodbyeSoberDay']Either some of you guys have really crappy Internet connections, or I have a really good one. We have four consoles hooked up, three of which are wireless, and we have no problem whatsoever, no lag or anything. That includes if different people in the house are playing online at the same time. I suppose different areas have different levels of download speed/upload speed or something?[/QUOTE]

I'm not gonna much deeper than this but what kind of games are you playing?

Like... FPS games mask a lot of BS.

Also, wireless is worse in terms of reliability and ping, the actual data being sent is minuscule it is literally all about the ping.

Wireless vs wired is like a sprinkler vs a hose connected to where you need the water.

He is right, wired is always better than wireless. However, most of us (myself included) don't - and wouldn't - notice too many problems on a wireless connection vs. a wired one. It depends on what games you play and how picky/observant you are. To the majority, wireless is completely acceptable and more than sufficient.

[quote name='Mixer236']He is right, wired is always better than wireless. However, most of us (myself included) don't - and wouldn't - notice too many problems on a wireless connection vs. a wired one. It depends on what games you play and how picky/observant you are. To the majority, wireless is completely acceptable and more than sufficient.[/QUOTE]

However when that majority picks up a game like... Street Fighter then bitches about the netcode and makes playing anything but player matches shitty for the people who have properly set up connections I have a problem.

well just finished paying off preorder. though i cant afford any games till neixt month at the earliest. it was a wii u game or halo 4. halo 4 won. but there is always nintendoland i can pwn the crap out of lol

Right now, im trying to decide what one wii u game i will buy with the console. I am deciding between Mario U, Darksiders 2, and Assassins Creed 3. I finished nsmb on 3ds not that long ago, and am playing liberation on vita currently. Still not entirely sold on darksiders 2....any suggestions?

[quote name='nickerous']Right now, im trying to decide what one wii u game i will buy with the console. I am deciding between Mario U, Darksiders 2, and Assassins Creed 3. I finished nsmb on 3ds not that long ago, and am playing liberation on vita currently. Still not entirely sold on darksiders 2....any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

NSMBU is supposed to be a whole lot better than the 3DS one they recently put out.

[quote name='maximumzero']So you posted your overly long "friend code" because you thought it's funny when you in reality have no idea how the system is going to work. Right. Gotcha.

Whoosh.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo has already described how the new Nintendo Network ID functions.
I posted my new Nintendo Network ID that I just came up with.
Do you not like it? Here, do you like this one better?

2893q49872-34897654-98027q57-98275-6q987294857

destructoid.com/friend-codes-officially-a-thing-of-the-past-on-wii-u

ps Whooosh!

[quote name='advanced']..... No. Did you even read the description for it?

It's not for internet, it's for a controller board the FGC uses.[/QUOTE]

I do know what this is for. Just wondered if this was electronically compatible. These cables weren't invented just for game controller pcbs, thought there was a chance this would work. But if there needs to be some actual conversion done to interface with the usb to network rj45 for an internet connection I totally understand that. Thanks for acting like I was totally clueless or can't read though.

[quote name='Smashbro29']I'm not gonna much deeper than this but what kind of games are you playing?

Like... FPS games mask a lot of BS.

Also, wireless is worse in terms of reliability and ping, the actual data being sent is minuscule it is literally all about the ping.

Wireless vs wired is like a sprinkler vs a hose connected to where you need the water.[/QUOTE]

I will admit that I'm not much of a "fighting game" person, but I wasn't trying to say that wireless is superior, just that I have had no issues with it. Just for context, I did a speed test on my connection over the wireless signal on my laptop, and this is what it said:

Download: 48.70 Mbps
Upload: 4.59 Mbps
Ping: 11 ms

[quote name='Drclaw411']Where does one get a blue DVD case?[/QUOTE]
I've got a few of them (had them since we started packaging wii u titles ;)

img11371.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Drclaw411']I almost never play fighting games, other than stuff like Smash Bros, reason being that almost all of my friends are button mashers.[/QUOTE]

Come on now, Smash Brothers ins't a fighting game. :shame:

[quote name='j.m.ratkos']I've got a few of them (had them since we started packaging wii u titles ;)
img11371.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Is that what the majority are going to be like.

:puke: Ew. I hate those ones. The new 360 ones that are just a bit thinner are so much better if they want to save money.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Does anyone know if BBY will get more Pro Controllers, or are they not preordering those?[/QUOTE]

They haven't put them up to buy on their website. I don't know if you can preorder in store though. I imagine they'll have some day one but they'll probably go fast.

So I went into Target and asked for a Wii U preorder card for the Deluxe system before they'd placed the cards on shelves. When I got home I realized they'd actually given me a card for a Regular. All the cards are sold out, so I can't exchange.

What would you guys do: Pick up the Regular and be happy all the same, or hold our for a Deluxe? I can't decide!

[quote name='OrigamiDrill']So I went into Target and asked for a Wii U preorder card for the Deluxe system before they'd placed the cards on shelves. When I got home I realized they'd actually given me a card for a Regular. All the cards are sold out, so I can't exchange.

What would you guys do: Pick up the Regular and be happy all the same, or hold our for a Deluxe? I can't decide![/QUOTE]

i ordered a reg over a deluxe. I dont want the pack in game and the rest was just fluff. Id rather take the 50 and use it to pay for almost all of a game i want.

[quote name='OrigamiDrill']So I went into Target and asked for a Wii U preorder card for the Deluxe system before they'd placed the cards on shelves. When I got home I realized they'd actually given me a card for a Regular. All the cards are sold out, so I can't exchange.

What would you guys do: Pick up the Regular and be happy all the same, or hold our for a Deluxe? I can't decide![/QUOTE]

If you plan on making a lot of digital purchases, I'd wait. The deluxe owners get $5 back for every $50 spent for the first 2 years I think it was. Pretty awesome if you buy a lot of digital.

[quote name='grumpier']i ordered a reg over a deluxe. I dont want the pack in game and the rest was just fluff. Id rather take the 50 and use it to pay for almost all of a game i want.[/QUOTE]

Very happy to hear that! I've seen a lot of people with a very Deluxe-or-bust mentality.

[quote name='Slowdance']If you plan on making a lot of digital purchases, I'd wait. The deluxe owners get $5 back for every $50 spent for the first 2 years I think it was. Pretty awesome if you buy a lot of digital.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely conflicted about that. I won't be downloading any full retail games (love me some boxart), but there's a good chance I'll be picking up a lot of indie stuff.

I prepurchased my pro controller from B&M Gamestop just to be safe since I didnt want to get there on launch and get stuck with a none or a white one.

[quote name='tightclaws']Has anyone ordered a system from Walmart.com before? I'm worried about the packaging. I have heard they mash things pretty badly.[/QUOTE]

I hate when Amazon(or anyone else for that matter) delivers a box, within a box. No protective padding or anything.

I have my WiiU on layaway, anyone know if I can walk in at midnight to pick it up or should I get there a few hours early?
I guess what I'm asking is will they be holding my system or does the layaway only promise that I'll get the system at some point?

[quote name='Tonnous24']I have my WiiU on layaway, anyone know if I can walk in at midnight to pick it up or should I get there a few hours early?
I guess what I'm asking is will they be holding my system or does the layaway only promise that I'll get the system at some point?[/QUOTE]

At Walmart? They are suppose to have your name on it and hold it for you. I am going to show up early anyway a bit.

Any chance best buy will have more of these available on launch or before, even if it means I have to camp out overnight?

I know I'm really late, but I just decided that I wanted to get one.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Any chance best buy will have more of these available on launch or before, even if it means I have to camp out overnight?

I know I'm really late, but I just decided that I wanted to get one.[/QUOTE]

They mentioned having them in Sundays ad and said to get there early

[quote name='jacknicklson']They mentioned having them in Sundays ad and said to get there early[/QUOTE]

Is there a way I can see that ad?

[quote name='Paladinion']I prepurchased my pro controller from B&M Gamestop just to be safe since I didnt want to get there on launch and get stuck with a none or a white one.[/QUOTE]

I got a white one just to fuck with people.

I already have 3 perorders (bestbuy pick up in store, walmart layaway and TRU). I do not know if I go for the fourth one now... NOT for resale, just to be safe

[quote name='mythus']got a deluxe from target. express ship for 383$[/QUOTE]

My tax must be insane compared to yours mine 387 with standard shipping

[quote name='maximumzero']Are you fucking kidding me, this is like the fourth time I've missed out on a pre-order.

Excuse me I'm going to punch something.[/QUOTE]

Same here :(

[quote name='maximumzero']Are you fucking kidding me, this is like the fourth time I've missed out on a pre-order.

Excuse me I'm going to punch something.[/QUOTE]

Go find a flipper to punch. Its so much fun. They are like people, only not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back