Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maximumzero']Every 15 minutes or so I click that Target link hoping against hope that the damn thing is going to start working again.[/QUOTE]

Glad I'm not the only crazy one.

We just preordered another deluxe set from my wife's work "total rewards" program. Its an odd bundle... it has the deluxe, a nunchuk, a wiimote, and 3 "e rated" games. Unfortunately, theres no way to tell what e rated games are included, but since we also have 2 deluxe units preordered at walmart, we'll be flipping at least two anyway.

If the games suck, we can flip them as well. (I'm guessing mario will be one of the e rated games, but they might toss one of those crappy dance things in there as well.)

It'll be interesting to see how soon that unit actually arrives.

At least its another preorder option for those in need.

[quote name='Gareee']We just preordered another deluxe set from my wife's work "total rewards" program. Its an odd bundle... it has the deluxe, a nunchuk, a wiimote, and 3 "e rated" games. Unfortunately, theres no way to tell what e rated games are included, but since we also have 2 deluxe units preordered at walmart, we'll be flipping at least two anyway.

If the games suck, we can flip them as well. (I'm guessing mario will be one of the e rated games, but they might toss one of those crappy dance things in there as well.)

It'll be interesting to see how soon that unit actually arrives.

At least its another preorder option for those in need.[/QUOTE]

Why did you pre-order a bundle when you already have two pre-ordered?

Not sure why anyone would be trying to "flip" these. The guy I talked to at Best Buy said he was expecting to get a ton in between the launch and Christmas. Though I guess there are always people willing to pay more than retail to get them a couple of weeks sooner

[quote name='maximumzero']Why did you pre-order a bundle when you already have two pre-ordered?[/QUOTE]

We had a ton of points there (31,000 or so) and there hasn;t been anything there we've REALLY wanted.

if it comes with a black nunchuck and wiimote motion plus, we can use to update out old wiimote with the motion plus add on, and also have black ones to match the deluxe Wii U.

If any of the games are ones we were going to preorder anyway, we'll have those free, or flip them if they are duplicates.

And we can easily flip the extra system, converting those points to cash, which we might use on a 65-70" tv purchase. That'll cover 1/4 of the cost of that.

Plus if walmart takes a dump and can't provide them, we'll have a backup plan.

We figure there will either be a huge surplus glut of them, or it will be the scarce wii launch all over again.

[quote name='Gareee']We had a ton of points there (31,000 or so) and there hasn;t been anything there we've REALLY wanted.

if it comes with a black nunchuck and wiimote motion plus, we can use to update out old wiimote with the motion plus add on, and also have black ones to match the deluxe Wii U.

If any of the games are ones we were going to preorder anyway, we'll have those free, or flip them if they are duplicates.

And we can easily flip the extra system, converting those points to cash, which we might use on a 65-70" tv purchase. That'll cover 1/4 of the cost of that.[/QUOTE]

Why not cancel the existing two pre-orders at Wal-Mart so that people that actually want the goddamn system (to, I dunno play, maybe) can have them then?

[quote name='soxxx']So Bestbuy underpreordered from what I understand, so all preorders should be fullfilled.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='free_willy']Not sure why anyone would be trying to "flip" these. The guy I talked to at Best Buy said he was expecting to get a ton in between the launch and Christmas. Though I guess there are always people willing to pay more than retail to get them a couple of weeks sooner[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I wonder if it'll be possible to buy one online for in-store pickup the week of launch.

[quote name='maximumzero']Why not cancel the existing two pre-orders at Wal-Mart so that people that actually want the goddamn system (to, I dunno play, maybe) can have them then?[/QUOTE]

Simple. Suppose this points rewards thing grossly under orders, or cannot fill the order?

Suppose walmart doesn't get enough in, or botches distributing preorders, and we leave without at least one?

(We have supposedly the 1st and 2nd ones ordered at our local walmart.)

When the wii was released, we were literally the 5th in line, and got the last available system.

Wii aren't taking a chance on not getting one, and worse case we'll return any spare systems we get to walmart for a refund.

Wii aren't so much concerned about making money on them, but ARE concenred we don't end up not getting one.

(We missed preordering at gamestop by 2 days, and missed preordering at best buy by what they said was hours.)

[quote name='strangelove']I asked this before it never got answered:

I was first to preorder on layaway at walmart, does that mean i will get my system put aside first?[/QUOTE]

In a perfect world, yes. But its not a perfect world, and it IS walmart, staffed by underpaid people who don't care in some cases as a result.

We aren't taking chances, and it shoudl be easy to return or flip a spare system if you can get an extra pre order in somewhere.

[quote name='strangelove']I asked this before it never got answered:

I was first to preorder on layaway at walmart, does that mean i will get my system put aside first?[/QUOTE]
The guy that helped me out when I put mine on layaway seemed to think that my being the first to pre-order at the store would help my chances, but I'm not sure how true that is. If all the receipts go into a folder, it's not difficult to picture the receipts being tagged to consoles in the reverse order that they were initially placed.

In GameStop today, a mom and her 5 year old daughter were trying to pre-order a wii u. They were told it was sold out. The daughter immediately clenched her face, squinted her eyes, mashed her arms down into fists, and screamed. Just screamed, at the top of her lungs for several minutes.

[quote name='Drclaw411']In GameStop today, a mom and her 5 year old daughter were trying to pre-order a wii u. They were told it was sold out. The daughter immediately clenched her face, squinted her eyes, mashed her arms down into fists, and screamed. Just screamed, at the top of her lungs for several minutes.[/QUOTE]
Damn, I should have thought of that.

[quote name='Drclaw411']In GameStop today, a mom and her 5 year old daughter were trying to pre-order a wii u. They were told it was sold out. The daughter immediately clenched her face, squinted her eyes, mashed her arms down into fists, and screamed. Just screamed, at the top of her lungs for several minutes.[/QUOTE]

both of them deserve to be slapped.

You shouldve offered your preorder for $1000000.

Finally came across a Wii U demo unit today, in Walmart of all places. BTW, that Wii U demo unit location tracker is not accurate at all.

Anyway, the white Wii U controller was bigger than I thought it would be, but it's also very light with excellent build quality. Mario in HD looks awesome. Also, the lcd screen on the Wii U controller is very bright and sharp. I just bought an iPad Mini, and the Wii U pad seems to have a better (but smaller) screen. The touch screen was also very responsive to gestures.

Overall, the system seems like a winner.

I got a chance to play the Rayman demo at Best Buy and was pleasantly surprised. Graphics were really sharp, tablet looked and felt better than I expected, and the game itself made pretty good use of the tablet for a section (controlling the environment while Rayman ran and jumped on his own).

I was planning on sitting the launch out, but now I'm getting the itch. Unfortunately, pre-orders are gone for the Deluxe, and I'll be travelling the day it releases so won't be able to get one then either. Oh well, guess I'll bide my time until the next shipment wave comes through.

[quote name='jrbatche2001']I got a chance to play the Rayman demo at Best Buy and was pleasantly surprised. Graphics were really sharp, tablet looked and felt better than I expected, and the game itself made pretty good use of the tablet for a section (controlling the environment while Rayman ran and jumped on his own).

I was planning on sitting the launch out, but now I'm getting the itch. Unfortunately, pre-orders are gone for the Deluxe, and I'll be travelling the day it releases so won't be able to get one then either. Oh well, guess I'll bide my time until the next shipment wave comes through.[/QUOTE]

I'm doing my best to be patient and wait it out. between my 360, Wii, and 3DS I've got more than enough software to keep me busy for the rest of the year...I don't NEED this thing right away, I'm just a bit of a gadget whore.

[quote name='maximumzero']I'm doing my best to be patient and wait it out. between my 360, Wii, and 3DS I've got more than enough software to keep me busy for the rest of the year...I don't NEED this thing right away, I'm just a bit of a gadget whore.[/QUOTE]

Co-sign. I have about 4 or 5 games I havent even OPENED yet. not to mention all the games Ive started this year and havent beat. I mean I havent even gotten halfway through ME3.

So I have no need for a WiiU, but damn do i want one. lol But not enough to pay $500 for it. No way in the fuck. So im glad these bundle prices are so ridiculous, its keeping me away from spending money I really dont need to spend.

Did it work?

Hey for you who did online orders, do you think they'll be slated to arrive on Saturday or most likely Monday?

I went by my local Target yesterday and they were sold out of all of their preorders. So today, I called the next 3 closest Target stores (all within 10-15 miles). All 3 had multiple 8GB models, and one of them still had 3 32GB models. I went and got the 32GB variety for my son and one for his best friend.

[quote name='free_willy']I went by my local Target yesterday and they were sold out of all of their preorders. So today, I called the next 3 closest Target stores (all within 10-15 miles). All 3 had multiple 8GB models, and one of them still had 3 32GB models. I went and got the 32GB variety for my son and one for his best friend.[/QUOTE]

Wish I had that luck. Every Target I went to is sold out.

[quote name='jwcdis']Hey for you who did online orders, do you think they'll be slated to arrive on Saturday or most likely Monday?[/QUOTE]

I would expect them to ship Monday

My wife said this would be a good gift for both of our sons. I said yeah, it would. But I'm not fighting any crowds for it. I predict it will be just like the wii was for the first couple weeks or so, and then they will be stocked everywhere.

[quote name='jwcdis']Hey for you who did online orders, do you think they'll be slated to arrive on Saturday or most likely Monday?[/QUOTE]
Release date is Sunday (11/18). I doubt you're going to get it the day before release.

[quote name='krashhole']My wife said this would be a good gift for both of our sons. I said yeah, it would. But I'm not fighting any crowds for it. I predict it will be just like the wii was for the first couple weeks or so, and then they will be stocked everywhere.[/QUOTE]

You have a wildly different recollection of the wii than I do.

[quote name='madcatz1999']Release date is Sunday (11/18). I doubt you're going to get it the day before release.[/QUOTE]

I do recall people getting wiis on the saturday before launch in the mail.

I also bought wii games the tuesday before launch at stores

[quote name='confoosious']You have a wildly different recollection of the wii than I do.[/QUOTE]Wild it may be, but my son had a wii Christmas morning and it was bought from simply walking into Gamestop.

I didnt start seeing wiis on shelves uuntil mid 2008. People lined up everday alll through 2007. All the Wiis would sell when the store opened. I got mine on launch day tho so

[quote name='krashhole']Wild it may be, but my son had a wii Christmas morning and it was bought from simply walking into Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

You know as well as anyone else that wasn't typical. No need to feign ignorance.

there was also to times when palettes of Wii bundles would show up in-store at Costco.
Might be good to check them every once in awhile.

[quote name='krashhole']Wild it may be, but my son had a wii Christmas morning and it was bought from simply walking into Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

I had a terrible time trying to get a Wii. First I couldn't find one anywhere, so I bought one for well over retail off of ebay. It never showed up, and ebay would only refund a partial amount for it. Stupid on a couple levels but lessons learned.

I finally bought one well after Christmas (I dont even remember how or where) but it was still another month or two after that before they started showing up and were somewhat easy to find.

I know in some parts of the country they were easier to find than in other parts because people were buying them for friends and family and shipping them across the country. I guess that was in more rural areas that they were easier to find.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I had a terrible time trying to get a Wii. First I couldn't find one anywhere, so I bought one for well over retail off of ebay. It never showed up, and ebay would only refund a partial amount for it. Stupid on a couple levels but lessons learned.

I finally bought one (I dont even remember how or where) but it was still another month or two after that before they started showing up and were somewhat easy to find.

I know in some parts of the country they were easier to find than in other parts because people were buying them for friends and family and shipping them across the country. I guess that was in more rural areas that they were easier to find.[/QUOTE]That was my case. The Gamestop I picked the wii up at was in somewhat of a small town, away from all the madness. Every store in the Houston area would be sold out as soon as they got them in.

douche

[quote name='free_willy']Not sure why anyone would be trying to "flip" these. The guy I talked to at Best Buy said he was expecting to get a ton in between the launch and Christmas. Though I guess there are always people willing to pay more than retail to get them a couple of weeks sooner[/QUOTE]
eh, the manager at my best buy suggested i wait in line even though i preordered if i want to be sure i get one, if you think about it, 5m units world wide is not a lot, and it was 2m units for north america, not sure if that includes canada or not due to canada being ntsc.

Somebody is already in line. And his legal middle name is Triforce.

http://m.complex.com/video-games/2012/11/dont-worry-isaiah-triforce-johnson-is-still-in-line-for-a-wii-u-hurricane-or-no

A decent place to camp out at if you really want one would be Meijer. They don't take preorders so whatever they get will be allotted to first come first serve I'm pretty sure. Too bad Meijers is only in these few states tho around IL and MI. Worth a try tho, thats where i finally ended up getting my original Wii after a 10 month wait or so.

[quote name='jwcdis']there was also to times when palettes of Wii bundles would show up in-store at Costco.
Might be good to check them every once in awhile.[/QUOTE]

I already confirmed in this thread that Costco won't be carrying ANY video game systems this holiday season. In fact, the only video gaming items we've received at all are a pallet of :360:Just Dance 4 and Halo 4. It would have been awesome to take my lunch break and walk out with a discounted WiiU on day one but alas, no dice.

About a week ago went to target to pre order wii u but the associates couldn't find the cards. So today I went to target to actually buy other things and decided to check out the demo. Well low and behold there was one delxue and 2 standard cards left. Picked up the last deluxe :) . If anyone in Antioch Ca looking for a basic. The slatten ranch targrt still has two pre orders left.

That was definitely not the norm. I had to wait outside of best buy for 4 hours to get my wii 2 weeks after launch and there was a crazy line of people who waited and did.t get one that day.

[quote name='Dejaskater']5m units world wide is not a lot, and it was 2m units for north america, not sure if that includes canada or not due to canada being ntsc.[/QUOTE]
Well, Canada is in North America and it is the same region as US, so I'm going with yes.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I wonder if Big Lots will have these come launch. Didn't they carry the Wii?[/QUOTE]
Highly doubtful. The majority of their inventory is closeout and overstock from other stores, so they don't typically sell the latest products, especially high-end ones. It's possible that some locations have consoles every now and then, but I've never seen it happen. It's rare to even see games there that are newer than two years old.

Yeah I had a hell of a time getting the original Wii I gave up after 6 months of always just missing them. I live near Chicago in the Burbs at the time. So it was not like there were not plenty of stores and I mean over 20 to check out but always missed it. I ended up getting one in the 2nd year and they were still scarce, I bought from a friend that had two.

Is Walmart supposed to take their signs down when they stop preorders? Mine still has their signs up. I preordered from GS online, but always looking to help CAG with getting one.

I was told by my GameStop manager today that their not doing midnight release and they wont be open till 12pm noon that day. He said They were only allowed to have 6 pre orders and it would cost to much to have the store open till midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back