Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dejaskater']if you think about it, 5m units world wide is not a lot, and it was 2m units for north america, not sure if that includes canada or not due to canada being ntsc.[/QUOTE]
I'm not going to dignify your question as to whether canada is part of north america with an answer (and it's these people who are going to keep our country going when the rest of us have retired? god help us all) ;)

however, you have to remember that the 5M quote is:
1) a world wide number for this fiscal year
2) nintendo's fiscal year ends march 31, 2013
3) it's already been stated that north america will be lucky to see 1M units (that's 1M split between both sku's) between launch and the end of 2012, which is less than the number of wii systems released in 2007

[quote name='j.m.ratkos']I'm not going to dignify your question as to whether canada is part of north america with an answer (and it's these people who are going to keep our country going when the rest of us have retired? god help us all) ;)

3) it's already been stated that north america will be lucky to see 1M units (that's 1M split between both sku's) between launch and the end of 2012, which is less than the number of wii systems released in 2007[/QUOTE]

This makes me even more sad. :(

I was talking to the Nintendo rep that comes into the Target store I work at and he told me that he's not really expecting a shortage and that there should be plenty to go around this holiday season. I mean, he IS a vendor so take his word as you would, but I'm sure he is probably correct on this.

I guess we'll find out next weekend.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Somebody is already in line. And his legal middle name is Triforce.

http://m.complex.com/video-games/20...-is-still-in-line-for-a-wii-u-hurricane-or-no[/QUOTE]

Dudes a tool. He's part of EMP gaming... I've been over his house before with all the other gamer kids that he sponsors, when me and my buddy used to stream his Street Fighter stuff (when streaming on twitch (at the time JTV) was still brand new)

All over his house is his Guinness world record awards for quickest game, longest hours played, highest score... blah blah lol

One last attempt at this: is anyone in the central/south New Jersey area that has multiple preorders or know of a store that still is carrying preorders?

Just reconfirming that you must make a payment within 30 days for wal-Mart layaway pre-orders. So anyone that got one before 10/19 might wanna go make some kind of payment.
My receipt didn't mention this but the layaway manager did when I went tonight

[quote name='Drclaw411']I wonder if Big Lots will have these come launch. Didn't they carry the Wii?[/QUOTE]

Dang, dude must have no life

[quote name='jacknicklson']Just reconfirming that you must make a payment within 30 days for wal-Mart layaway pre-orders. So anyone that got one before 10/19 might wanna go make some kind of payment.
My receipt didn't mention this but the layaway manager did when I went tonight[/QUOTE]
I've seen no indication this is true. Reading through the T&C on their website, I don't see any mention of this. Just that the final payment and pickup has to happen on or before the 14th of December. Unless you're just talking about the first payment of $10 or 10%, whichever is higher. Which, AFAIK, had to happen on the first day.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Just reconfirming that you must make a payment within 30 days for wal-Mart layaway pre-orders. So anyone that got one before 10/19 might wanna go make some kind of payment.
My receipt didn't mention this but the layaway manager did when I went tonight[/QUOTE]

Interesting I just stopped by my local walmart today and I was told I do not have to make any other payment. I just have to pay it off by Dec 14.

[quote name='Esmith08']One last attempt at this: is anyone in the central/south New Jersey area that has multiple preorders or know of a store that still is carrying preorders?[/QUOTE]

Not central NJ, I know, but Target in Edgewater NJ still had a few of the regulars available earlier today.

Also Target in West Nyack, NY still has a few deluxe preorder cards.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I was talking to the Nintendo rep that comes into the Target store I work at and he told me that he's not really expecting a shortage and that there should be plenty to go around this holiday season. I mean, he IS a vendor so take his word as you would, but I'm sure he is probably correct on this.

I guess we'll find out next weekend.[/QUOTE]

This is great news if true! I have heard this too, and then you hear like guy earlier saying only 1 million until March WTF which is it ?

[quote name='Zazoo']Interesting I just stopped by my local walmart today and I was told I do not have to make any other payment. I just have to pay it off by Dec 14.[/QUOTE]

I, too, was told by a Walmart employee that they would NOT cancel my layaway unless I had not picked it up by Dec. 14. I told her that I had heard otherwise on the Internet and she laughed at me. She said "sir, you have been given some misguided information."

Also, how in the world could they expect you to make another payment if you only owe a penny?

Well if they project 5.5 million units through march, just how many units do you think NA will get?

I'm sure everyone hopes you can just walk in a store and get it but I think we all know that won't be the case.

[quote name='Deader2818']Well if they project 5.5 million units through march, just how many units do you think NA will get?

I'm sure everyone hopes you can just walk in a store and get it but I think we all know that won't be the case.[/QUOTE]
No we don't all know that, as a matter of act we don't know anything until launch. It might very well be that we can just walk into a store and buy thats how normal things are done. Only electronics seem to follow this stupid pattern, I hope it is so anyone can walk into a store and buy it. I would love that.

[quote name='GoodbyeSoberDay']I, too, was told by a Walmart employee that they would NOT cancel my layaway unless I had not picked it up by Dec. 14. I told her that I had heard otherwise on the Internet and she laughed at me. She said "sir, you have been given some misguided information."

Also, how in the world could they expect you to make another payment if you only owe a penny?[/QUOTE]

Just relaying what I was told

So much paranoia, I figured I would share

[quote name='tightclaws']No we don't all know that, as a matter of act we don't know anything until launch. It might very well be that we can just walk into a store and buy thats how normal things are done. Only electronics seem to follow this stupid pattern, I hope it is so anyone can walk into a store and buy it. I would love that.[/QUOTE]

It follows that pattern because it costs a lot to produce and manufacture electronics. It would be foolish to mass produce an electronic if it doesn't sale.

The only way people are going to be easily able to walk into a store and pick up a Wii U is if the system sales poorly (like the PS3 did)

i already have a deluxe preordered at gamestop for myself, but i walked into target today and found 1 remaining reserve card for the white basic unit, the black cards were gone, bought it nonetheless just in case it becomes a hot item to flip on ebay

Dropped into my local Wal-Mart tonight but Layaway had closed for the day. Asked an associate in Electronics about Wii U Pre-Orders and she said they were still available.

So I guess I'll stop by after work tomorrow...here's hoping she's not wrong/misinformed.

I posted this a few weeks ago ago, but it's probably not just a matter of "they could produce more if they wanted to". Let's say they can produce an entire console package (the console, the gamepad, the sensor, the box, everything) and package it up every single second, every single day, 24/7 (quite a feat). It would take them over 2 months to produce the 5.5 million consoles they expect to sell by the end of the fiscal year. Drop the rate to 1 console package every 5 seconds, and now you're up to over 10 months of continuous production. They're probably cranking them out as fast as they can.

Stopped by my local Target and almost forgot to check, but sure enough they had Wii U preorder cards right on the floor!! They had 3 white ones left and 2 blacks, so I bought one of the blacks and left the rest like a true CAG. So basically I have 3 preorders now with 1 at Target, 1 at Wal-mart and 1 with a locally owned game store. I think these will be as plentiful as locusts this year.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I honestly don't think the Wii U will be a repeat of the Wii. There will be plenty available by February. Callin it![/QUOTE]

Possibly but I doubt they will be readily available by Xmas which is when parents are going to want to get them. You never know though.

[quote name='Octopod']Possibly but I doubt they will be readily available by Xmas which is when parents are going to want to get them. You never know though.[/QUOTE]

Totally with you on Xmas. Get the hardcore/parents out of the way, then make room for new bundles/gift card promos! I can wait!

[quote name='thundarr']Stopped by my local Target and almost forgot to check, but sure enough they had Wii U preorder cards right on the floor!! They had 3 white ones left and 2 blacks, so I bought one of the blacks and left the rest like a true CAG. So basically I have 3 preorders now with 1 at Target, 1 at Wal-mart and 1 with a locally owned game store. I think these will be as plentiful as locusts this year.[/QUOTE]

I was at my local Target earlier today and almost bypassed the electronics section. They only had three reservation cards left for the basic model; I grabbed one and left the other two. What I think I'll do is head to Target on release day and see if there are any Deluxe bundles that are not reserved. If not, I'll still have my preorder for the Basic.

[quote name='j.m.ratkos']I'm not going to dignify your question as to whether canada is part of north america with an answer (and it's these people who are going to keep our country going when the rest of us have retired? god help us all) ;)

3) it's already been stated that north america will be lucky to see 1M units (that's 1M split between both sku's) between launch and the end of 2012, which is less than the number of wii systems released in 2007[/QUOTE]
Fist of all, i meant as part of NA's allotment, obviously I know canada is another country , i live one hour from the border of Ontario.
2. Multiple posts of mine in this thread have stated the worldwide number of 5.5 within the fiscal year, and us was confirmed for 2mish units split between 2 skus last i checked. Did you honestly think i meant 5m units in total? forever? someone needs to brush up on common sense and reading skills. Because not once did i say Canada was part of north america.
3. Wii came out in 2006, i got one at launch waiting in line at toysrus for six hours.
I wondered about the canada/North america possible combined allotment due to the fact that they are BOTH ntsc consoles.
If youre going to attmept to be a smartass, at least know what youre talking about.

[quote name='maximumzero']Dropped into my local Wal-Mart tonight but Layaway had closed for the day. Asked an associate in Electronics about Wii U Pre-Orders and she said they were still available.

So I guess I'll stop by after work tomorrow...here's hoping she's not wrong/misinformed.[/QUOTE]
I wouldnt trust anything electronics says, from personal experience they told so many people they dont layaway things that they dont currently have in stock, told many people they arent doing preorders or even know what a wii u is. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but i hope everything works out for you.

[quote name='Socheata']I was at my local Target earlier today and almost bypassed the electronics section. They only had three reservation cards left for the basic model; I grabbed one and left the other two. What I think I'll do is head to Target on release day and see if there are any Deluxe bundles that are not reserved. If not, I'll still have my preorder for the Basic.[/QUOTE]

As someone who also has a reservation card for a basic system, I intend to do the same!

[quote name='OrigamiDrill']As someone who also has a reservation card for a basic system, I intend to do the same![/QUOTE]

I am in the same exact position. If not, I am fine with a basic model. That just gives me a little more for a extra game. :D

I'm in no rush do get one right now. If it's in the store(deluxe), I'll buy it. Not going out of my way like last time with the Wii... freezing myself outside. Only game I really want is Lego City Undercover. Looks like that's coming out next year so I got time.

[quote name='Dejaskater']

Because not once did i say Canada was part of north america.

If youre going to attmept to be a smartass, at least know what youre talking about
.[/QUOTE]

Goddamn you try hard for someone who is horribly pitifully wrong. Canada is in NA, dumbfuck.

Maybe take your own advice?

[quote name='henry00x']i already have a deluxe preordered at gamestop for myself, but i walked into target today and found 1 remaining reserve card for the white basic unit, the black cards were gone, bought it nonetheless just in case it becomes a hot item to flip on ebay[/QUOTE]

Apparently the Deluxe Model is going for $500-$700 on eBay. I'll see what they continue to sell for as launch is upon us. I was going to sell two of them on Craigslist, but it's something sketchy about people on there...

Sorry if this has been answered before but I didn't really feel like going through 236 pages. But what's the deal with Amazon, will it just pop up on the site when they get em in or is it possible they might not carry it?

[quote name='roymustang']Sorry if this has been answered before but I didn't really feel like going through 236 pages. But what's the deal with Amazon, will it just pop up on the site when they get em in or is it possible they might not carry it?[/QUOTE]

Newegg also is not selling it. It's Nintendo, brah.

I was about to pre-order a Deluxe Wii U online at Target when there were some still available yesterday (or the day before yesterday? I can't rember) but I did not pre-order it because I have like 10-15 games that I have not played at all yet. Including GOW III, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, FFXIII, Bulletstorm, Red Dead Redemption, The Saboteur, Kid Icarus Uprising, LBP Vita (I suddenly stopped playing it I don't know why; it is a good game), some others that I can't rember right now, and I want to get Assassin's Creed III on Black Friday. By the time I finish playing some of those games I am sure there will be plenty of Wii U's in stock.
I remember that it was hard getting a Wii after release day because the hype for it was extremely high; almost EVERY gamer wanted one! but I remember I got one about two-three weeks later of its release date at my local Target without pre-ordering it (they said it was the last one they had). The Wii U will be OOS everywhere this year because of the holidays but next year I am sure there will be a lot everywhere. I think there was a lot more (like twice) hype for the first Wii than for this new Wii U because compared with the first Wii, NOT every gamer wants a Wii U.

Also I thought that paying $350 plus taxes is a lot for me and not a game that is being released soon for the Wii U seems to interest me. I got bored of all New Super Mario Bros. games (I only enjoyed the DS one). I just don't enjoy them I don't know why if I like playing Mario games but the NSMB ones just don't seem to be fun for me. I would love a new Mario Galaxy, Mario Sunshine, or similar though.
I would buy (or pre-order) the Wii U if Zelda was being released anytime soon but I guess it will be release until Winter of next year.
I know it is a new Nintendo console and the holidays are coming but I know I will regret buying one this year if I do because I won't enjoy any of the games that will be release soon (Rayman, Mario U, 101, etc.).
I know many people would pre-order one just to resell it for a higer amount using eBay or craigslist but I rather did not pre-order it so someone else can pre-order it instead (hopefully not a flipper!).

[quote name='Dejaskater']Because not once did i say Canada was part of north america.[/QUOTE]
But it is...

[quote name='roymustang']Sorry if this has been answered before but I didn't really feel like going through 236 pages. But what's the deal with Amazon, will it just pop up on the site when they get em in or is it possible they might not carry it?[/QUOTE]
Amazon doesn't sell Nintendo hardware anymore after getting too many complaints/returns of the 3DS. They might change their minds sometime in the future, but for now, they're not going to be an option.

Knowing amazon and Nintendo for both being extremely stubborn, it was probably a big argument over Nintendo reimbursing them for the 3ds screen scratch issues. Amazon felt like they could bully Nintendo into it, and Nintendo doesn't give a shit. I'm sure the blame is partly on both parties.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I think it's more on Nintendo's side, due to Newegg also not selling the Wii U(atm, anyway.)[/QUOTE]

Newegg is also a much smaller, niche retailer. I wouldn't be surprised if they just simply didn't have enough units to go around for what is mainly a pc parts retailer that also sells games. Or if Nintendo didn't feel they were the best place to focus much of their launch efforts towards.

When the wii launched it was the wal marts, best buys, and targets that got the most units, GameStop was largely hung out to dry, getting 3-4 per store maybe once or twice a week, and not many at launch at all. I remember my circuit city had something like 20 units available.

I'm sure newegg isn't the only smaller games retailer that isn't getting stock of the wiiu.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I wouldn't call Newegg a niche retailer. They're pretty well known.[/QUOTE]

Well known by people who build pcs and here on CAG, but overall, Compared to amazon, best buy, target, wal mart, and GameStop, they're pretty niche.

Even if there are 2 million units on launch day, evenly divided between those 5 big retailers, they each only get 400,000 units. For the entire country.

Walmart has over 4,000 stores. Evenly divided, that gives Walmart less than 100 per store. Newegg just doesn't fit with those kinds of numbers.

[quote name='jer7583']Well known by people who build pcs and here on CAG, but overall, Compared to amazon, best buy, target, wal mart, and GameStop, they're pretty niche.

Even if there are 2 million units on launch day, evenly divided between those 5 big retailers, they each only get 400,000 units. For the entire country.

Walmart has over 4,000 stores. Evenly divided, that gives Walmart less than 100 per store. Newegg just doesn't fit with those kinds of numbers.[/QUOTE]

This implies amazon will sell it, which isn't the case.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I honestly don't think the Wii U will be a repeat of the Wii. There will be plenty available by February. Callin it![/QUOTE]

Wii wasn't available around here for a year after release.

[quote name='Drclaw411']This implies amazon will sell it, which isn't the case.[/QUOTE]
How do we know? I'm really curious if perhaps they're just avoiding preorders on the system.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']How do we know? I'm really curious if perhaps they're just avoiding preorders on the system.[/QUOTE]

They don't sell ANY Nintendo hardware, don't hold your breathe

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back