Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Slowdance']It's especially funny when the systems it apparently compares unfavorably to aren't just unreleased, they aren't even announced. I will be first in line for those as well, but the thought of them doesn't ruin the Wiiu for me.

I get that the majority of gamers this gen are casuals that couldn't care less about gameplay as long as there is a healthy amount of crisco added to every texture, but it still makes me cringe to come in contact with one of these mouthbreathers.[/QUOTE]

i could careless about grapics the best games for me are from the 90's. only wii games i enjoyed was nintendo first party games. Games like call of duty and fps just did not work with wiimote which is why im happy wii u has a normal gamepad that should help bring in hardcore gamers.

[quote name='Masx']You didn't directly say it but it's implied based off the quotes I read especially you ending it saying "it's possible Wii U will become the Wii and gather dust". So you can see how it will rub some people the wrong way.

Also if you read my post I pointed out that other posts not only yours were off topic. Regardless I don't care much personally and I'm not trying to argue just pointing out my observation from reading this thread every so often up till release. :)[/QUOTE]

i understand but like i said i hope wii u has success and it's great to see from launch of the huge 3rd party support and if that keeps up wii u will be successful with non casual gamers. i'm sure yo ucould understand why i said that wii did not have great 3rd party support and most nintendo people agree with that.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i could careless about grapics the best games for me are from the 90's. only wii games i enjoyed was nintendo first party games. Games like call of duty and fps just did not work with wiimote which is why im happy wii u has a normal gamepad that should help bring in hardcore gamers.[/QUOTE]

Yea, etch a sketch controls with a ridiculous amount of auto aim is totally superior to pointer controls. I'm not sure how I top the charts in every game of KZ3 with move, I must be pretty awesome to destroy people when I have that massive handicap.

Casuals are funny.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i will not be getting a wii u till at least mid next year if not later. I just don't see the need to buy one right away seeing most of the bigger games are ports of games that are already out. I just don't see why a hardcore gamer would play cod or ac3 on the game pad i really think the best way to play ports will be with the normal controller. Zombie U the big title people are talking about hearing that it's not that great and i know someone that works for a game review company that has played it and other launch titles he says only decent one is mario and black ops and ac3 is just the same as the 360 not much advantage with not alot of changes to work with gamepad.[/QUOTE]
The Wii U supports a pro controller that is pretty similar to the 360 gamepad. The whole purpose is to expand the experience with the tablet controller. I was actually interested in picking up AC3 on the Wii U mainly because it would expand the inventory menu by using the tablet controller. Let's not get into the whole discussion of hardcore gaming either; that's all arbitrary. Most people would label a gamer who plays a Mario game as not hardcore. What if said gamer goes for all the stars and everything? Is that not considered hardcore because it's a Mario game? Yeah most Nintendo games on the Wii are labeled as casual but Nintendo has talked about how the Wii U is going to cater more to the gamer.

You list third party titles and prefer them on 360 or Ps3. I think that's fine because I tend to lean more towards 360 because of Xbox Live and how it basically has the best multiplayer for third party games (CoD, Borderlands, etc). With all that being said, the Wii U has some exclusives that will cater to a broader audience of gamers. Ninja Gaiden 3 is getting an exclusive version for the Wii U named Razor's Edge. Also it's getting console exclusives in Rayman Legends (which by the way the demo is amazing) and Bayonetta 2. Don't forget that Nintendo first party games are always quality. The Mario Galaxy games, Smash bros, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, etc etc. The Wii U is also getting New Super Mario Bros U at launch which is supposed to be one of the best in that series of Mario games. I loved the Wii version and thought it was a lot of fun with 4 people.

In conclusion or if you take the stance of tl; dr, there are plenty of people that are going to support the Wii U at launch. Don't completely write it off as a system that isn't going to accomplish much. I mean it's not even out yet and you are placing judgement on it. I'm also not a Nintendo fanboy either. I own a Nintendo Wii and that thing just gathers dust. I own all the big titles for it but never got around to beating them despite knowing how good they are. Did the Nintendo Wii sell a lot of consoles? Yes. Do I think it was the best console last generation? No. Each console has their positives and negatives. If you don't want to buy the Wii U now that is totally fine. Just keep in mind that there are plenty of people that do want it.

[quote name='Slowdance']Yea, etch a sketch controls with a ridiculous amount of auto aim is totally superior to pointer controls. I'm not sure how I top the charts in every game of KZ3 with move, I must be pretty awesome to destroy people when I have that massive handicap.

Casuals are funny.[/QUOTE]

what do you call a casual gamer? i have all 3 systems and play just about every major game and alot of not well knowing games since the early 90's ? trust me i tried playing games not just fps on wii and most games did not work well with wii mote i don't want to point a lame motion controller at a tv motion gaming like move and kinect is a joke.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']what do you call a casual gamer? i have all 3 systems and play just about every major game and alot of not well knowing games since the early 90's ? trust me i tried playing games not just fps on wii and most games did not work well with wii mote i don't want to point a lame motion controller at a tv motion gaming like move and kinect is a joke.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I've figured it out. Your mental faculties far exceed what the archaic keyboards you are forced to use are capable of communicating to the general unwashed populace. I for one relish your words of wisdom and will not only seek out all of your posts on this and every other forum you are a member of, but will also print them out to immortalize in laminate on the walls of my office. This will be to remind me that we humans have the ability to glimpse a far better tomorrow.

That being said, I think the Wii U Pro controller will convert a lot of 360 fanboys if they don't completely screw it up.

[quote name='209chromatic']Will Redbox have wii u games?[/QUOTE]

(I realize this is from a few pages back, but still relevant)

It doesn't seem like they are going to have any for launch next week. I actually chatted with Redbox support a few weeks ago to ask about their plans for Wii U and the CS Rep. said there wasn't any information about it. On their coming soon list they do not have any Wii U games listed either.

I was sort of hoping they would have some as I wanted to at least rent New Super Mario Bros. U for Sunday. Can't believe I'm actually wishing there was a place to rent games...

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']number 1 selling system don't mean quality games. Trust me i played a tons out of wii first year or so then the 3rd party support falled off and new super mario is the last game i played on the wii. 3rd party support was just not there for the wii and i hope that changes for the wii u.[/QUOTE]

....Wii is the #1 system of the current generation. Whatever you want to think is fine. That does not change the fact that it is the #1 console of this generation and will likely remain so of the next (especially with a 1 year jump in sales).

The Wii U is built with third party support in mind. They have essentially a Xbox 360 controller coming out.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']After the success of the wii. I doubt there will be shortage of wii u. Nintendo is just trying to create a sense of shortage to hype the market more, get as much as preorders for it. Considering its releasing the console at christmas time, why would nintendo want to lose out on all those the potential sales.[/QUOTE]

Shall we bet how many people come to this thread one week from today claiming the Wii U is "sold out"? How many "won't pay craiglist prices"?

It's going to be a shit ton mant. Luckily, most CAGers got in a pre-order somewhere, but everyone else....holy crap.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']in my area the smaller retailers are at least getting 10 systems from who i talk to and hte one i work at[/QUOTE]

Huh?

Who do you talk to? Most Game Stops are getting just enough to cover pre-orders. Thats it.

Target is apparently the same. Best Buy is looking like it as well.

So please tell us what area it is that will be plentiful in the Wii U's.

My BB still doesn't know how many they'll be getting, but they didn't sell very many preorders according to CS and the Gaming Department supervisor. They say they aren't in an area where it will be really popular. I'll be going in sometime this week to chat them up some more and make sure I've got that one in the bag. I'll be looking for numbers when I do.

This launch seems to have better 3rd party support on day 1 with real games(not wii shovelware) than any N launch I can remember. ACIII? COD? Darksiders? All better than current Xbox and ps3 versions? And as for hardcore ill just say I have every star from Mario 64. ;)

My BB says they only got 6 preorders and they will be set aside ahead of time. Glad I don't have to sit outside in the cold all night...

[quote name='Dr. Dib'](I realize this is from a few pages back, but still relevant)

It doesn't seem like they are going to have any for launch next week. I actually chatted with Redbox support a few weeks ago to ask about their plans for Wii U and the CS Rep. said there wasn't any information about it. On their coming soon list they do not have any Wii U games listed either.

I was sort of hoping they would have some as I wanted to at least rent New Super Mario Bros. U for Sunday. Can't believe I'm actually wishing there was a place to rent games...[/QUOTE]

Gamefly!

[quote name='stageman12']My BB says they only got 6 preorders and they will be set aside ahead of time. Glad I don't have to sit outside in the cold all night...[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear it.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Shall we bet how many people come to this thread one week from today claiming the Wii U is "sold out"? How many "won't pay craiglist prices"?

It's going to be a shit ton mant. Luckily, most CAGers got in a pre-order somewhere, but everyone else....holy crap.[/QUOTE]

I certainly not paying anything above retail for a console. If one really wanted a unit at launch then planning and getting early preorder would have been their to do list in the 1st place. This first generation wii u does not have anything like ps3s backward compatible chip that can only be acquired by buying the 1st batch of launch units. Ill be buying this when supply has stabilized and game library has been expanded. No need to rush buying if your not hardcore nintendo gamer. Deals and bundles for wii u will just get better in the future. Thats how nintendo usually do it. Ill can wait for it.

[quote name='kayne2000']so is anybody else kind of shocked this is only a week away???[/QUOTE]

Not shocked but getting kind of excited, I love new hardware.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Have there been ANY deals on games yet?[/QUOTE]

Not until BF at Toys R Us unless something gets announced next weekend. That and if you managed to get in on those $12 off pre-orders at New Egg

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Have there been ANY deals on games yet?[/QUOTE]

Only $12 off pre-orders with free shipping on Newegg. They have had that sale going on almost every week at some point;)

how critical is motion plus when using the wii remote

i still have the original wii remote from my launch unit and am wondering if its worth getting motion plus since i do plan to pick up alot of wii games to play on wii u once they phase them out

[quote name='metsfan1545d']how critical is motion plus when using the wii remote

i still have the original wii remote from my launch unit and am wondering if its worth getting motion plus since i do plan to pick up alot of wii games to play on wii u once they phase them out[/QUOTE]

It really depends in which games you're buying. Most will work fine with the regular remote but there's a handful of games, such as Skyward Sword, that require the motion plus

[quote name='Josh5890']Only $12 off pre-orders with free shipping on Newegg. They have had that sale going on almost every week at some point;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Is this still going on?

[quote name='metsfan1545d']how critical is motion plus when using the wii remote

i still have the original wii remote from my launch unit and am wondering if its worth getting motion plus since i do plan to pick up alot of wii games to play on wii u once they phase them out[/QUOTE]
It's not required in most games for Wii original, but you need to Skyward Sword and few other random shovelware like Wii Sports Resort.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_that_support_Wii_MotionPlus

For Wii U, I'm not entire sure how its going play out, but Nintendo Land requires the motion plus according to the list above.

Has anyone FULLY paid off their Wii U preorder/layaway at walmart? Someone over at slickdeals says you pretty much lose your preorder if you fully pay it off, like I did a little while ago

[quote name='Todmicahels']Has anyone FULLY paid off their Wii U preorder/layaway at walmart? Someone over at slickdeals says you pretty much lose your preorder if you fully pay it off, like I did a little while ago[/QUOTE]

How would you lose a pre order if you fully paid it off?

Seems kinda BS to me.

[quote name='tcbys']How would you lose a pre order if you fully paid it off?

Seems kinda BS to me.[/QUOTE]

Because of the way Walmart handles layaways.

[quote name='confoosious']Because of the way Walmart handles layaways.[/QUOTE]

Care to elaborate? We are a week away, so this has me a little scared about paying it off today.

hmmmm and i was about to pay off the entire pre order today at wal mart, think i will pay another $50 just to be sure i don't lose it since i never did since i pre ordered it that first sunday, being vague :p

my brother got charged from gamestop today for the entire $390 , its so close :O next week

[quote name='Todmicahels']Has anyone FULLY paid off their Wii U preorder/layaway at walmart? Someone over at slickdeals says you pretty much lose your preorder if you fully pay it off, like I did a little while ago[/QUOTE]

I saw that and went in and asked. If your Walmart did it correctly they have a folder for all Wii U reserve/layaway. Mine is fully paid off(no not a .01 balance. 0) and the helpful clerk even showed me a pic she snapped of my wii u with my name on it with her phone.

[quote name='jedi0077']I saw that and went in and asked. If your Walmart did it correctly they have a folder for all Wii U reserve/layaway. Mine is fully paid off(no not a .01 balance. 0) and the helpful clerk even showed me a pic she snapped of my wii u with my name on it with her phone.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I think my walmart handled it the same way. This puts my mind at ease a bit

only thing im worried about with my wii u preorder at target is they never took any type of name or anything

are they just gonna randomly hold all the consoles they sold cards for?

[quote name='metsfan1545d']only thing im worried about with my wii u preorder at target is they never took any type of name or anything

are they just gonna randomly hold all the consoles they sold cards for?[/QUOTE]

You reserved a reservation spot.

[quote name='metsfan1545d']only thing im worried about with my wii u preorder at target is they never took any type of name or anything

are they just gonna randomly hold all the consoles they sold cards for?[/QUOTE]

Well, the back of the card says "The reserved merchandise for this card will be held at the counter in the Electronics Department for seven days after the national release date, at the Target store where purchased."

Up to the individual stores if they actually do that or not, I suppose... I hope my store does.

just saw wii u demo machine at walmart, slobber all over the electronic section graphic were pretty nice and the pad was like a bible

[quote name='tdn327']just saw wii u demo machine at walmart, slobber all over the electronic section graphic were pretty nice and the pad was like a bible[/QUOTE]

I feel like this is sig material here.

[quote name='mBucket']Well, the back of the card says "The reserved merchandise for this card will be held at the counter in the Electronics Department for seven days after the national release date, at the Target store where purchased."

Up to the individual stores if they actually do that or not, I suppose... I hope my store does.[/QUOTE]

I would go extra early just to be sure.

[quote name='Paladinion']I would go extra early just to be sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it opens at 8:00. I plan to be there around 7:30-7:45 (Wonder if that's early enough). I don't think any Target stores are doing a midnight opening, unfortunatly.

I have a card for 2 Target stores just in case the first one doesn't work out as planned, I can run over to the other lol at least one has to follow what the card says... right? :whistle2:s

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back