Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='coopscohen']Some stores are doing a midnight opening so you may want to check to make sure you don't go the next day if they will be open for a midnight launch.

Here is the link:

LINK[/QUOTE]

Nah I checked a while back, no stores in Louisiana at all.

For those that got the Target reservation cards for only $1. Do you think there will be any sort of complications when picking it up. Since apparently they were supposed to be sold for $5.

I mean, if they require the receipt and see you only paid a dollar, but then they give you a $5 gift card, they losing out on $4 for nothing basically.

To be perfectly honest with Amazon out of the picture who knows how many extra units there may be for B&M stores. For all I know Best Buy could have cut some deal with Nintendo and taken the allotment they would have received.

Well it's not going to or it is going to be hard to find. I do know that the company manufacturing the Wii U is also making iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone 5, iPod touch, iPod nano and MacBook Pro with retina display. No idea how many factories but only one company. That plus Nintendo means shortages likely. IMHO

[quote name='mBucket']For those that got the Target reservation cards for only $1. Do you think there will be any sort of complications when picking it up. Since apparently they were supposed to be sold for $5.

I mean, if they require the receipt and see you only paid a dollar, but then they give you a $5 gift card, they losing out on $4 for nothing basically.[/QUOTE]

that is how it is normally for video game reservations, pay 1 get 5 dollar gift card. for the vita and 3ds I recall it was 1 down and 20 giftcard.

[quote name='rockstarnati']When I look at my orders on bestbuy.com, it says "No orders found." I'm sure it's some weird glitch or something, but it still makes me nervous.[/QUOTE]

Same here. All my order history is gone. i think bestbuy.com is doing an update to their database so you can't check right now. it will probably be up against the next morning. I had other stuff i've ordered from best buy and that's gone too. if you got other orders, but only the wii u disappeared, then you got a good reason to be really worried.

[quote name='io']Wow, much to my surprise, Fred Meyer is doing a midnight launch for the system. They didn't do any preorders though. So the question is, do I try to get one there at midnight (shouldn't be too hard) or wait till I can pick up my GS preorder the next day? ;)

I'd really like to set it up Saturday night and get right into it.[/QUOTE]

Fred Meyers DID do pre orders!!! I have a pre order ticket from them! they sold out fast though. And you had to purchase a $75 gift card in order to get a pre order so im pretty sure with such a large down payment that it would be a very legit pre order

[quote name='Alucard400']Same here. All my order history is gone. i think bestbuy.com is doing an update to their database so you can't check right now. it will probably be up against the next morning. I had other stuff i've ordered from best buy and that's gone too. if you got other orders, but only the wii u disappeared, then you got a good reason to be really worried.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm sure it'll all be good in the morning. Everything disappeared, not just the Wii U. Many, many orders. Seems everybody is experiencing this, not just me. If it was just me, I'd be worried. Just wanted to make sure. My OCD just wants my orders to show up again though. haha

[quote name='Deader2818']Well, what you order and what you actually receive are two totally different things.[/QUOTE]

this seriously this. if this guy worked in retail for as long as he claims he would know you can order 100 of something and get 100 of something completely different. i am sure he will get wii u's but nintendo cant just pull them out their ass-hole. if it comes to a choice between shipping to bestbuy or shopko....im certain best buy will win.

[quote name='jedi0077']Well it's not going to or it is going to be hard to find. I do know that the company manufacturing the Wii U is also making iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone 5, iPod touch, iPod nano and MacBook Pro with retina display. No idea how many factories but only one company. That plus Nintendo means shortages likely. IMHO[/QUOTE]

you have to love the world we live in today lol nothing like china factories

[quote name='BigJoe']Fred Meyers DID do pre orders!!! I have a pre order ticket from them! they sold out fast though. And you had to purchase a $75 gift card in order to get a pre order so im pretty sure with such a large down payment that it would be a very legit pre order[/QUOTE]

Really? I'm in there a couple times a week and they just put up Wii U displays a week or two back. I never saw anything about preorders. The weekly ad for this week has the midnight launch info (and doesn't mention preorders). So they at least expect to have a decent amount available for sale to the general public or they wouldn't bother with a midnight launch.

has it been confirmed yet that GS is not doing the midnight thing at any locations? Seems like I haven't heard much talk about it either way recently.

[quote name='io']Really? I'm in there a couple times a week and they just put up Wii U displays a week or two back. I never saw anything about preorders. The weekly ad for this week has the midnight launch info (and doesn't mention preorders). So they at least expect to have a decent amount available for sale to the general public or they wouldn't bother with a midnight launch.

has it been confirmed yet that GS is not doing the midnight thing at any locations? Seems like I haven't heard much talk about it either way recently.[/QUOTE]

i know the 4 gamestops in my area are NOT doing midnight release. but then i heard from youtube gamers that they are in their area. im thinking gamestops are allowed to choose if they are or not.

[quote name='rockstarnati']Yeah, I'm sure it'll all be good in the morning. Everything disappeared, not just the Wii U. Many, many orders. Seems everybody is experiencing this, not just me. If it was just me, I'd be worried. Just wanted to make sure. My OCD just wants my orders to show up again though. haha[/QUOTE]

They're back up for me

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i know the 4 gamestops in my area are NOT doing midnight release. but then i heard from youtube gamers that they are in their area. im thinking gamestops are allowed to choose if they are or not.[/QUOTE]

This, its there choice so just call up your local one and see if they are going ahead with one. None of mine are out here in IL in my general area.

[quote name='io']Really? I'm in there a couple times a week and they just put up Wii U displays a week or two back. I never saw anything about preorders. The weekly ad for this week has the midnight launch info (and doesn't mention preorders). So they at least expect to have a decent amount available for sale to the general public or they wouldn't bother with a midnight launch.

has it been confirmed yet that GS is not doing the midnight thing at any locations? Seems like I haven't heard much talk about it either way recently.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i'll post a pic of the tomorrow. But if you call them you can verify. They were still taking pre orders on the white one last time I checked but they are sold out of the deluxe. They did 5 ogf each console btw

Just got back from Fred Meyer with some bad news.

They are doing it "first come, first serve" by order from corporate. Their "pre-order" card is only for the basic console, only for the midnight release, and just to guarantee the $5 gift card. Everything else? You better be there early.

The guy I asked also made it seem like it was orders from Nintendo. While I doubt it, its just too much of a coincidence that so many Targets seem to have the same policy...

PS: Forgot to add. The line seems to be only for pre-order customers. Everyone is welcome to come in at midnight, but if you don't have a pre-order you aren't guaranteed a console at all. The pre-orders get you in line and guarantee you a Wii U. Which one it is depends on how many they have and what the people in front of you choose.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BigJoe']Fred Meyers DID do pre orders!!! I have a pre order ticket from them! they sold out fast though. And you had to purchase a $75 gift card in order to get a pre order so im pretty sure with such a large down payment that it would be a very legit pre order[/QUOTE]

I have a pre-order card from them too, but didn't have to buy any gift cards o_O

I was under the impression that the Nintendo World Store wasn't doing pre-orders and doing it by a first come first serve basis. I bought a lot of triple A titles from them like that.

Can anyone confirm if they are indeed still going to have some consoles for sale at Midnight without pre-orders? ..Or any other stores?

[quote name='DarkPGR']
The guy I asked also made it seem like it was orders from Nintendo. While I doubt it, its just too much of a coincidence that so many Targets seem to have the same policy...[/QUOTE]
It might be a way for Nintendo to get lines to form across the country so they can create buzz and get the local news reporters involved. If stores are only selling pre-ordered systems and not doing a midnight launch, no lines are formed, and no average potential customer will know there was a console launch.

[quote name='DeathBringer']Soo anyone have ideals where to make a preorder instead of this off topic conversation you all are having.[/QUOTE]

I think it might be too late to place a preorder anywhere. Most places stopped their preorders already, but you might get lucky at Target if yours still has preorder cards out (seems like each Target had 5 cards for each model). If no luck there, your only shot might be waiting in line for a store to open.

[quote name='DarkPGR']
PS: Forgot to add. The line seems to be only for pre-order customers. Everyone is welcome to come in at midnight, but if you don't have a pre-order you aren't guaranteed a console at all. The pre-orders get you in line and guarantee you a Wii U. Which one it is depends on how many they have and what the people in front of you choose.[/QUOTE]

Very, very odd that they would advertize the midnight launch in the weekly ad and not mention anything about preorders. I'd think it might piss people off to find out once they get there that the midnight launch is only for preorders. I'll ask next time I'm in there what is going on at my local store. And I'll call my GS too - though I'm 95% sure they would not bother with selling them at midnight. The manager told me they only had 10 preorders and he didn't think it was worth being open at midnight for that.

I ask the guy at my local gamestop and he told me to go there at the usual time, Sunday 10 am. On a side note, I think I'm going to park my car right in front of the store for a quick getaway in case somebody tries to rob me LOL

[quote name='rockstarnati']When I look at my orders on bestbuy.com, it says "No orders found." I'm sure it's some weird glitch or something, but it still makes me nervous.[/QUOTE]

Well, it is showing up just fine here. In fact, it says payment verified, and the next step is preparing for shipping

[quote name='Davivascaino']Well, it is showing up just fine here. In fact, it says payment verified, and the next step is preparing for shipping[/QUOTE]

Same here. If yours says no orders found I would worry. They most likely canceled your order for some reason.

Has anyone who ordered in-store pickup from bestbuy.com been charged on their credit card? I saw a charge yesterday that was then removed. I see another today though. Might be the weekly pre-authorizations though.

I was having the order lookup on problem yesterday on bestbuy.com as well (it wasn't just the Wii-U preorder, it was ALL my orders were gone from my history). They are all back today, so all is back to status quo.

I asked a manager that helps me out in Best Buy how the launch would work. He said that all pre-ordered systems would be pulled and held for pick up, and that they expected to receive 6 White and 4 Black extra consoles.

Anyone else order from Walmart and now have a 124.56 charge right now? I assume they're shipping something to me the game and controller?

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']you need to learn how retail stores operate. Stores order products several months in advance heck i knew the release date and price of the wii u since july which is when our buyers for the company purchased the products and we got them in our destribution center all the way back in september.[/QUOTE]

I know how retail stores operate. Nintendo does not operate like that. They won;t give Shopko a ton of Wii U's over a retail giant like Best Buy, Target or Wal-Mart. Those "orders" you placed are not guaranteed.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']everything i have said you jump all over me are you full of hate or what lol. just heads up shopko is 3rd biggest domestic retail store in the country behind walmart and target we are not small at all lol[/QUOTE]

....which pales in comparison to GameStop, Best Buy etc. They will get Wii U priority, not your store.

[quote name='Bazz']Anyone else order from Walmart and now have a 124.56 charge right now? I assume they're shipping something to me the game and controller?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I had a charge for $143.26 from Walmart as well. I paid for the most expensive shipping option, so that may be why mine is higher than your amount. I am thinking they will ship the game and controller ahead of the system. I guess we'll see...

Here's Target DPCI numbers for a few of the "important" Wii U items.

207-29-0001 - Basic Wii U (White)
207-29-0002 - Deluxe Wii U (Black)
207-00-0371 - Wii U Pro Controller (White)*
207-00-0375 - Wii U Pro Controller (Black)

207-30-0001 - New Super Mario Bros U
207-30-0013 - ZombiU
207-30-0010 - Nintendo Land

"Current Wii / U Remotes" (vague item description)
207-00-1013 / 207-00-0971 / 207-00-0972 / 207-00-0973
207-00-0307 - Write and Protect Kit
207-00-0311 - "Cases"
207-00-0352 - "Cases"

* White Pro Controller will not be available at launch.

I hope I don't have any trouble finding a screen protector on launch day. I don't think I'd use it much without having one. I'm not rough with my touchscreens, I just want this one to last forever or as close as I can get with it.

[quote name='advanced']I hope I don't have any trouble finding a screen protector on launch day. I don't think I'd use it much without having one. I'm not rough with my touchscreens, I just want this one to last forever or as close as I can get with it.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm getting the one from gamestop, hopefully they have enough in stock.

Is there a number for estimated consoles per Best Buy store released?

I plan on showing up at my local store around 7AM and if there's already 50 people waiting outside and only 25 consoles expected per store I'm not even going to waste my time.

7AM? No offense, but it's no wonder you are a step behind in this process. Gotta put some effort in this late in the game. There will be 50 people lined up by midnight, I would all but guarantee that. There is no way you will get one showing up at 7AM

[quote name='maximumzero']Is there a number for estimated consoles per Best Buy store released?

I plan on showing up at my local store around 7AM and if there's already 50 people waiting outside and only 25 consoles expected per store I'm not even going to waste my time.[/QUOTE]

7am? At Best Buy?

Maybe 7am at Target. But not at Best Buy. Those folks will start lining up around 2-3am. If you want one from Best Buy you better start around midnight.

[quote name='maximumzero']Is there a number for estimated consoles per Best Buy store released?

I plan on showing up at my local store around 7AM and if there's already 50 people waiting outside and only 25 consoles expected per store I'm not even going to waste my time.[/QUOTE]

Bring a thermos and a tent and set up shop at midnight.

[quote name='advanced']I hope I don't have any trouble finding a screen protector on launch day. I don't think I'd use it much without having one. I'm not rough with my touchscreens, I just want this one to last forever or as close as I can get with it.[/QUOTE]

I bought one at Best Buy this weekend. They already have some of the Wii U accessories out for sale, including the screen saver.

I wonder if the boxes for the wii remotes will keep the "also works with wii!" Stamp throughout the life of the console. I remember Nintendo's white GameCube controllers didn't even feature the gc logo on them, nor were they branded to have anything to do with gc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back