Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maximumzero']The included game alone makes the Black Wii U a better deal.[/QUOTE]

The difference in value annoys me to no end. They should've scrapped the basic set and focused on pumping out more deluxe sets. I'm sure the general public will be happy to get a cheaper model and/or they won't care/notice, but as a gamer the basic set's existence seems like an unnecessary hurdle on the shortage issue.

[quote name='theflicker']The difference in value annoys me to no end. They should've scrapped the basic set and focused on pumping out more deluxe sets. I'm sure the general public will be happy to get a cheaper model and/or they won't care/notice, but as a gamer the basic set's existence seems like an unnecessary hurdle on the shortage issue.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it was like the early days of the 360 and the "core" set they were pushing.

Am I the only one that prefers the basic white model over black? The white will hide the finger prints and I am not interested in Nintendo Land. I have spare external drives if I really need more hard drive space.

Since it's glossy, yeah, I'd prefer white over black, but I can't deny the addition of NintendoLand, the console stand, and the charging cradle.

Those three alone made it a complete no-brainer for me. If they had a white bundle with that stuff, I'd be all over it... but, you know, not an option. When I realize I'd be buying all three of those 'additions' anyway, I'd feel ridiculously stupid to let color preference defeat the money issue. I'll just keep a microfiber cloth handy and call it a day.

[quote name='007']Since it's glossy, yeah, I'd prefer white over black, but I can't deny the addition of NintendoLand, the console stand, and the charging cradle.

Those three alone made it a complete no-brainer for me. If they had a white bundle with that stuff, I'd be all over it... but, you know, not an option. When I realize I'd be buying all three of those 'additions' anyway, I'd be ridiculously stupid to let color preference defeat the money issue.[/QUOTE]

Yea im not buying it so much for the black as I am the packed in accessories...I love charging cradles.

[quote name='Davivascaino']Well, it is showing up just fine here. In fact, it says payment verified, and the next step is preparing for shipping[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's all fixed now. It happened to everybody about 8 hours before you posted.

I could just see all of the Deluxe additions being dirt cheap used later down the road... we'll see I guess. Just trying to distract myself to make this week go by faster.

[quote name='chopper731']Well crab battle. I just checked my statements and was never charged. Solid. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget it's a week before launch and I am using a debit card so it was an authorization for $386. Still though, it's good news. I am sure GS.com has their stock ready and will charge when it ships. I guess they are doing authorizations now for the Wii-U.

[quote name='driftmr2']I could just see all of the Deluxe additions being dirt cheap used later down the road... we'll see I guess. Just trying to distract myself to make this week go by faster.[/QUOTE]

A game I was going to probably buy anyways when it's on sale and a bigger internal memory is worth it alone for me.

Just got back from one of my local Targets, had to pick up some random junk for the house, and decided to stop in and ask how they were going to handle the release. The electronics manager told me that that particular store didn't sell any of the pre-orders and so all of them will be first come first serve. I'm not sure how accurate that information was, since they had a spot for them next to the other Wii U game pre order cards, but unlike every other Target, they didn't have any of the gray dots signifying they were sold out.

I went with the basic because it was all that was available to me at the time. I don't care for the accessories, and I have a strong feeling they can be had for cheap soon enough. I still find the lack of not including a copy of the game with each console a poor decision. if you want to charge more for the memory, stand/cradle...I understand that. oh well.

[quote name='vtswordfish']Dead link?[/QUOTE]

I think it was due to the Cheapy's referral link throwing it off. Here it is without the front part of the URL, maybe thy will work.

deepdiscount.com/video_game/WIIU-HARDWARE-WIIU-CONSOLE-BLACK-DELUXE-SET

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Don't forget it's a week before launch and I am using a debit card so it was an authorization for $386. Still though, it's good news. I am sure GS.com has their stock ready and will charge when it ships. I guess they are doing authorizations now for the Wii-U.[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to get worried now. I preordered at gamestop.com on 9/13 and haven't been charged yet, but I also haven't received any email from them either. My order is just listed as open. I hope I hear something soon.

The profit margins on these eBay sales isn't that great. if your Wii U sells for $500 eBay and Paypal combined are gonna take about 12% of your total sale price and your profit starts out at $150. 12% of that $500 is like $60 lost on a $150 profit. that doesn't include sales tax either. eBay is basically eating up 40% of your profit.

you're looking at a profit of about $90 dollars. that brings your Wii U down to $260 if you wanna roll that over into buying your own. not bad but not worth going out of your way for.

[quote name='winb83']The profit margins on these eBay sales isn't that great. if your Wii U sells for $500 eBay and Paypal combined are gonna take about 12% of your total sale price and your profit starts out at $150. 12% of that $500 is like $60 lost on a $150 profit. that doesn't include sales tax either. eBay is basically eating up 40% of your profit.

you're looking at a profit of about $90 dollars. that brings your Wii U down to $260 if you wanna roll that over into buying your own. not bad but not worth going out of your way for.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget tax, which can be anywhere between $25-30, and shipping if you decide to offer free shipping. So your net profit is really like.. $40.. A lot of work and risk just for $40 if you ask me. Maybe the prices go up in a week, who knows. :whistle2:#

The real money to be made is on Craigslist and let them comparison shop to Ebay. Just make sure you packin heat or bring a friend and most importantly meet in public as you never know who will show up.

[quote name='rayfrombk']Don't forget tax, which can be anywhere between $25-30, and shipping if you decide to offer free shipping. So your net profit is really like.. $40.. A lot of work and risk just for $40 if you ask me. Maybe the prices go up in a week, who knows. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

the one possible saving grace is if there's a panic the day the system launches and you have an auction ending that same day. you'll probably make a bit more. i remember when the PS3 launched the first day the profit margins were so high you could literally buy a second PS3 with the profits from the first. that bubble burst fast and supply ended up better than everybody thought.

[quote name='$hady']The real money to be made is on Craigslist and let them comparison shop to Ebay. Just make sure you packin heat or bring a friend and most importantly meet in public as you never know who will show up.[/QUOTE]

Craigslist is not worth the risk. You could easily get robbed trying to move such a high ticket item on there.

i don't remember what eBay Final Value Fees were back in the day but the 9% they take now is ridiculous. on top of that they double dip and take another 3% on the Paypal end.

Craigslist says hello. Someone earlier said they would ride in front of best buy during bf with a sign on their car. I laughed, but seems legit

If you are worried about getting robbed, meet in the food court of the mall, have that bitch wrapped in wrapping paper in a department store shopping bag

Gamestop.com has charged my credit card i'm hoping this is a good sign. I had my preorder in the day they opened them up.

[quote name='winb83']the one possible saving grace is if there's a panic the day the system launches and you have an auction ending that same day. you'll probably make a bit more. i remember when the PS3 launched the first day the profit margins were so high you could literally buy a second PS3 with the profits from the first. that bubble burst fast and supply ended up better than everybody thought.

Craigslist is not worth the risk. You could easily get robbed trying to move such a high ticket item on there.

i don't remember what eBay Final Value Fees were back in the day but the 9% they take now is ridiculous. on top of that they double dip and take another 3% on the Paypal end.[/QUOTE]

I've never had a problem with anyone on Craigslist buying or selling. Although i'm a large unfriendly looking fellow and have a concealed carry license. ;) I do warn everyone to be careful though and bring a friend.

[quote name='jacknicklson']If you are worried about getting robbed, meet in the food court of the mall, have that bitch wrapped in wrapping paper in a department store shopping bag[/QUOTE]
if somebody brushes a gun up against you in the food court are you gonna give up the Wii U or yell and risk possibly getting shot while they flee from a gunless rent-a-cop?

If I were going to sell one on Craigslist, I would just bring a friend and meet at McDonald's. Wear a bulky coat to make it look like you have some extra muscle.

[quote name='$hady']I've never had a problem with anyone on Craigslist buying or selling. Although i'm a large unfriendly looking fellow and have a concealed carry license. ;) I do warn everyone to be careful though and bring a friend.[/QUOTE]

I've sold literally hundreds of items on Craigslist and never once had an issue. I have met some odd people, but mostly good, honest people. I hate the wrap that it gets because of a few bad apples. Use common-sense and play nice and all will go well.

[quote name='jwcdis']Cost Captain CSRs unsure of when they will receive the Wii U units. They're expecting sometime between launch and Xmas[/QUOTE]

Did you call them up? Or is that on the page somewhere?

There's 2 sides to craigslist.. the seller could be afraid that the buyer is gonna rob them, but then the buyer could also be afraid that the seller doesn't have the item and is also trying to rob them. That awkward moment when neither side has the item nor money. :lol:

I've posted this before, but if you're selling on Craigslist, meet at the local police department. It's technically a public place, and if the other party backs out that pretty tells you the jig is up.

If you are afraid to sell on Craigslist, be as racist and stereotypical as you can by leaving a disclaimer stating "No dark skinned people and no white people with hoodies and bags under their eyes."

[quote name='Nintendonly']If you are afraid to sell on Craigslist, be as racist and stereotypical as you can by leaving a disclaimer stating "No dark skinned people and no white people with hoodies and bags under their eyes."[/QUOTE]

^This guy.

[quote name='Nintendonly']If you are afraid to sell on Craigslist, be as racist and stereotypical as you can by leaving a disclaimer stating "No dark skinned people and no white people with hoodies and bags under their eyes."[/QUOTE]

Advice for life.

[quote name='winb83']if somebody brushes a gun up against you in the food court are you gonna give up the Wii U or yell and risk possibly getting shot while they flee from a gunless rent-a-cop?[/QUOTE]

Look, if someone has the balls to try that crap in the middle of a crowded food court in the mall, more power to them. If they were smart, they'd just go down the list and try to rob the next guy who isn't smart enough to meet at a shopping mall. I don't plan on giving the guy a hug, he's not going to have the chance to brush a gun up against me. I'm going to be at a table with a Wii U on top, surrounded by people and security cameras who will be witness to this guy pulling a stunt and running off with the goods.

Then again, I'm not a crappy flipper so I'll never have to worry about this.

I updated the OP with links to the places that still have pre-orders available for higher than MSRP, just in case anyone is interested. It's Deep Discount, HSN, and Cost Captain.

[quote name='maximumzero']Yep, it was like the early days of the 360 and the "core" set they were pushing.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far. Core did not have any hd cable, no wireless controller, and no way to save games built in (no harddrive/ mem card). The difference here withe the WiiU versions is that the deluxe version has pretty much what i view as a tech demo game, two pieces of plastic for supporting the system/controller and 32 gig hard drive versus the eight gig hard drive for the basic. Honestly Id rather take the 50 bucks And get a full retail retail game (if your a proper cheapassgamer :). I think you can make a fair case for buying either one. But the basic WiiU is nothing like the Xbox Core was from the onset.

I finally got to speak with a manager that had been in contact with Amazon.com's promotions department.

He was able to confirm that Activision updated them, and Nuketown 2025 is not coming to the Wii U.

He apologized and gave me a small credit for the issue.

I was curious before because they had emailed me a code that looked like this XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX saying it was a preorder code. It turns out this is the code for the $5 video promo credit that is already applied to your account after it ships.

[quote name='majorscud']I finally got to speak with a manager that had been in contact with Amazon.com's promotions department.

He was able to confirm that Activision updated them, and Nuketown 2025 is not coming to the Wii U.

He apologized and gave me a small credit for the issue.

I was curious before because they had emailed me a code that looked like this XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX saying it was a preorder code. It turns out this is the code for the $5 video promo credit that is already applied to your account after it ships.[/QUOTE]

That is a big bummer and it has larger implications about the weakness of Nintendo's online plan. I find this distressing.

[quote name='JAlbertL']Any info on the Target launch and how they're handling their pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

I ended up preordering the black wii u deluxe from my local Target and was told you need to bring in your card with the receipt and you also have up to 7 days (Six after launch), to pick up your unit or they will sell it. I'll be there 7 am on launch day. I would love it, if someone who works at Target, who frequents this board (Thread) would comment on this as well.

[quote name='Grimms']I ended up preordering the black wii u deluxe from my local Target and was told you need to bring in your card with the receipt and you also have up to 7 days (Six after launch), to pick up your unit or they will sell it. I'll be there 7 am on launch day. I would love it, if someone who works at Target, who frequents this board (Thread) would comment on this as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I work for Target. The "guy walking around" has no clue what he is talking about. Here is how preordering works at Target.

Target sells preorder cards. Each title/product has an end date (usually a week before the game releases) where the store has to pull the cards from the sales floor and can no longer sell them. Corporate calculates how many preorder cards were sold per store. When the product comes in, the store holds back the number of preorders they received total. Those preorder units are held back for 7 days, in which the store has to put them back on the shelf to the public. Your preorder card is basically your ticket to pick up your preorder. The store will not sell any preorder held units to ANYBODY without a preorder card. If you lost it, then you're screwed. The held back preorder units only go to the folks who present the preorder cards, so the possibility of those going to "first come, first serve" isn't possible.

Does that mean the system is perfect? No. Is it possible you have an incompetent store who forgets to hold back preorders? Sure. Anybody can fall victim to that at any retail store that does preorders though. Is it possible some douche comes in and uses his card at another store and throws off the counts? Sure but the odds of that are low. The only thing I can think of that could possibly screw you guys out of your preorder is if the store forgets to pull the preorder cards when the preorder date expires and you somehow purchase one and it doesn't get counted as a preorder. I'm not sure if it would still be counted or not after that date, but it is possible that your preorder wouldn't count in that case.

So my recommendation is to check the preorder date on the back of the card (top right corner) to make sure it is still valid before you purchase it. Other than that, yes you are guaranteed your system if you preorder at Target.[/QUOTE]

Like he says, you can always have a Target with incompetent staff, but hopefully it'll be smooth sailing for those of us who preordered there (I got a preorder at another Target as well, just in case).

Is it possible that a Target never put out the cards? The electronics guy (supposedly the guy in charge of that department) I talked to told me they didn't do the preorders, but it just seems odd that they didn't since every Target I went to did them. I don't mind camping out, but I want to pick the best store to give me the best chance to get one.

Looks like people that are late to the party still have a good shot to get one. Here is what I've heard in central Florida:

Target: No extra systems right now, may get a couple before Sunday
Gamestop: No extra systems right now, may get a couple before Sunday
Kmart: We'll have some to sell Sunday morning for walk-ins
Walmart: We'll have some to sell at midnight Sunday morning for walk-ins
Bestbuy: We'll have some to sell Sunday morning for walk-ins

[quote name='majorscud']Looks like people that are late to the party still have a good shot to get one. Here is what I've heard in central Florida:

Bestbuy: We'll have some to sell Sunday morning for walk-ins[/QUOTE]

just be sure to pack a shotgun for that madhouse.

I wonder how many target cards were 'jacked' and never actually had money put down on them. A few local targets said they didn't even know about the cards but when I looked around I noticed they had pegs out at the Wii U section for them.

[quote name='majorscud']Looks like people that are late to the party still have a good shot to get one. Here is what I've heard in central Florida:

Bestbuy: We'll have some to sell Sunday morning for walk-ins[/QUOTE]

In SWFL I was told Target would have limited extras, the rest said the same thing. I heard Walmart won't have any deluxe models though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back