Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='brentgolden']When did u order??[/QUOTE]
The moment the system was available.:hot:
Oh well, I can hang with some of the like minded for a few hours.

[quote name='Fathergamer']The moment the system was available.:hot:
Oh well, I can hang with some of the like minded for a few hours.[/QUOTE]
That sucks, mine is shipping and I orderd after you did. it had to be something with your CC or bank.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I picked up my copy of Scribblenauts Unlimited a few hours ago and I'm still wearing the hat even thought it's too small for my fat head. I'm so ridiculously excited and totally in love with these blue cases. I think I might need some lotion.[/QUOTE]

2327205_o.gif

[quote name='Deader2818']Can you still get 12 off the pro-controller at newegg?[/QUOTE]

Probably not, the pre-order discounts don't even work on Wii U games anymore either

[quote name='confoosious']That is, however, the most disturbing butchering of the English language I've seen today.[/QUOTE]

Was thinking the same.

Anyone know if Gamestop are doing any deals like some other retailers with NSMBU?

[quote name='gamerguy73']Any thoughts on how much a Basic model would go for on CL or ebay? Is it worth the effort?[/QUOTE]

For you to sell? I wouldnt ask those questions here, people dont care much for scalping.

[quote name='gamerguy73']Any thoughts on how much a Basic model would go for on CL or ebay? Is it worth the effort?[/QUOTE]

$72 billion dollars.

Is Target the best bet for grabbing one without a preorder? I feel like hunting for one randomly, absolutely no preorder .. just the thrill of capturing a Deluxe in the wild on launch day

Fred Meyer stores are doing midnight launches (WA state). I'll try my luck in getting a Deluxe from there, but I'm still keeping my Deluxe pre-order at Best Buy (they aren't doing a midnight launch).

Just figured I'd throw this out there, I work at UPS local sort and scan all incoming packages and today we received the wii u for local gamestops walmarts and bestbuy. I can say each store was only receiving 2-4 packages each containing two consoles. The GameStop I preordered at is only getting 8 wii u's no extra just 4 black and 4 white for preorders.

[quote name='Icepool']Just figured I'd throw this out there, I work at UPS local sort and scan all incoming packages and today we received the wii u for local gamestops walmarts and bestbuy. I can say each store was only receiving 2-4 packages each containing two consoles. The GameStop I preordered at is only getting 8 wii u's no extra just 4 black and 4 white for preorders.[/QUOTE]

Oh, fuck. LOL.

[quote name='Icepool']Just figured I'd throw this out there, I work at UPS local sort and scan all incoming packages and today we received the wii u for local gamestops walmarts and bestbuy. I can say each store was only receiving 2-4 packages each containing two consoles. The GameStop I preordered at is only getting 8 wii u's no extra just 4 black and 4 white for preorders.[/QUOTE]

Could just mean these are the first shipments. The gamestop i used to manage would get 2-4 deliveries the week before a new console or big AAA title. Usually from thursday through saturday we would get one a day.

I did contact my gamestop again today to see if theres been any other news, and apparently, they are only going to be filling preorders, nothing more. So much for them last week saying they will have double.

If you have a gamestop preorder, get in there day 1, they have said that they might not be doing the entire 48 hour hold on them. At least my local one.

[quote name='Reraise']Could just mean these are the first shipments. The gamestop i used to manage would get 2-4 deliveries the week before a new console or big AAA title. Usually from thursday through saturday we would get one a day.

I did contact my gamestop again today to see if theres been any other news, and apparently, they are only going to be filling preorders, nothing more. So much for them last week saying they will have double.

If you have a gamestop preorder, get in there day 1, they have said that they might not be doing the entire 48 hour hold on them. At least my local one.[/QUOTE]

Most Gamestops have a wait list 30-40 deep, that's why they are saying preorder only I think, as Nintendo confirmed that GS had not sold everything through the early preorders.

[quote name='Nochance']Most Gamestops have a wait list 30-40 deep, that's why they are saying preorder only I think, as Nintendo confirmed that GS had not sold everything through the early preorders.[/QUOTE]

Another thing they said is if you havent prordered the games you want, you might not get them. They are getting 1 more than preorders of zombiU and Mario...

[quote name='etcrane']Is Target the best bet for grabbing one without a preorder? I feel like hunting for one randomly, absolutely no preorder .. just the thrill of capturing a Deluxe in the wild on launch day[/QUOTE]

I'm glad my car is in the shop or I would be doing the same. There's something about the thrill of just bringing the money and picking one up randomly on launch day at a store like Target or some random out of the way place.

My GameStop told me they only had about 5 to preorder and I got the first one. The know me pretty well now as I have gone in about twice a week to put money down or put trade ins on it over the past couple months lol.

I looked up the DPCI in the Rochester NY area Target stores, and the most Wii U's any store has is 14. Some only have 8. This is the deluxe set, no stores showed the Basic set.
Target is not the place to go for a Wii U it seems.

[quote name='Reraise']For you to sell? I wouldnt ask those questions here, people dont care much for scalping.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen the companies selling the consoles way over MSRP?

[quote name='Quuids'] She said I don't need to pay anything until Saturday and that there would be two lines. One for people who preordered and one for people who didn't have the chance.[/QUOTE]
I hope this will be the case at my store too. I don't really mind waiting in line, but I would obviously prefer not to...especially when it's going to be so damn cold and I haven't found my sweater yet.

[quote name='jedi0077']Can we stickie this on each new thread page?[/QUOTE]
People still wouldn't read it.

[quote name='tightclaws']Well I just checked my Walmart.com order from Sept 18th. it finally lost the cancel button, which is a good sign, they no longer let me cancel means its shipping soon.[/QUOTE]
Or they already canceled it for you.

and how do you know they are pre orders or not when your just a UPS person

wish gamestop was doing a midnight launch it would be fun since bb and walmart are doing them, who know they might change it up and still do it, my gs said they dont know til fri what they are doing

[quote name='vtswordfish']
So lets play a game, what are going to be the most highly rated games from launch? (review score wise)[/QUOTE]

Okay. This way I can say I told you so.

NSMBU: 9
Nintendo Land: 7.5
ZombieU: 6

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anthroskull']wish gamestop was doing a midnight launch it would be fun since bb and walmart are doing them, who know they might change it up and still do it, my gs said they dont know til fri what they are doing[/QUOTE]

At least in my area, most gamestops got 5 preorders tops. Not worth paying the staff to stay open til midnight for that.

The target I work at (I'm a lv3) has 30+ (including the pre orders) Deluxe wiiU's. I didn't bother to check the normal model, who the hell wants that one anyway lol. The inventory on the games are extremely lite. Less than 8 copies of each title (except NSMBu, which have like 15).

[quote name='gordojones88']Okay. This way I can say I told you so.

NSMBWU: 9
Nintendo Land: 7.5
ZombieU: 6[/QUOTE]

NSMBU 8.0
Nintendo Land 7.0
ZombieU 7.0

[quote name='ZombieToast']I hope this will be the case at my store too. I don't really mind waiting in line, but I would obviously prefer not to...especially when it's going to be so damn cold and I haven't found my sweater yet.

People still wouldn't read it.

Or they already canceled it for you.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='pedrobeara']and how do you know they are pre orders or not when your just a UPS person[/QUOTE]
He never said whether or not they were preorders.

It was late and I was tired I should've of mentioned the boxes also had a yellow sticker on them that said do not display for pre sell only!

[quote name='stonciddta']I spoke to Best Buy today, checking if they were doing a midnight launch, they said no. I asked about how it would be Sunday morning, since I had a pre-order online and they told me those have already been pulled and put aside.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com are two separate entities, so pre-orders for in-store pickup would have always been separated from the in-store stock.

Well today. Im expecting some WII U games to come from K-mart.

Batman Arkham City Armored Edition. And Black Ops 2.

I did the order when I seen gamestop took money from my card.

[quote name='henry00x']NSMBU 8.0
Nintendo Land 7.0
ZombieU 7.0[/QUOTE]

Im thinking Zombi U will score atleast an 8.0 on IGN or more. I got hope that, that game might be good.

[quote name='Reraise']Another thing they said is if you havent prordered the games you want, you might not get them. They are getting 1 more than preorders of zombiU and Mario...[/QUOTE]

Please tell me you don't actually believe Gamestop telling you that games are going to be sold out...

[quote name='croqoa']Please tell me you don't actually believe Gamestop telling you that games are going to be sold out...[/QUOTE]
Seriously. They'll tell you that Imagine Babyz is going to sell out if they think that'll get you to buy it.

[quote name='vtswordfish']
So lets play a game, what are going to be the most highly rated games from launch? (review score wise)[/QUOTE]
my guesses:

mario - 9.3 from ign and 90 metacritic
sonic racing - 8.9 ign 87 metacritic
zombi u - 8.6 ign and 83 metacritic
nintendo land - 8.5 from ign and 81 metacritic

Im not going to include black ops/ac3/batman/skylanders and such

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back