Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vtswordfish']Yeah you get an upcharge with them if you're not a member so it is really only plausible if you're a member.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's gonna run you around $380 before tax for not being a member.

Pre-ordered my system though Best Buy. I talked to the lady at customer support and she said it wouldn't ship till release day. I wonder if she realized that release day is a Sunday and most shipping places are closed. When I ordered, I didn't get the store pick-up option which is making me a little upset. I'm hoping the customer support is wrong and it ships out tomorrow or Saturday. I can only hope. :)

[quote name='usagi']Service Merchandise lol, I'm old enough to remember browsing that store when I was a kid.[/QUOTE]

I still remember the Legend of Zelda coming down the conveyer belt lol

[quote name='henry00x']looks like its going to be a very strong launch lineup, IGN reviews:

NSMBU 9.1
Nintendoland 8.7
Ninja Gaiden Razors Edge 7.6

real curious to see what ZombieU gets[/QUOTE]

Mario is a 10 in my book! lol

At first there were no Kmart stores around me with stock, but I tried again after about an hour and was able to find 3 stores. I'd check again if I were you guys.

[quote name='maximumzero']I'm hitting "resend my confirmation e-mail every hour or so on the K-Mart site just in case.[/QUOTE]

I checked out as a guest and didn't set a password to make an account. Kinda thinking I should have done that because I don't have any way of checking my order status on the site. Shit.

[quote name='vtswordfish']Looks like the pre-auth was refunded on mine, probably not a good sign.[/QUOTE]

You mean the $1.00 charge? I'm pretty sure that's standard procedure, as it's been what way on my credit card's site for nearly three hours now and there's no order cancellation to be seen.

[quote name='maximumzero']You mean the $1.00 charge? I'm pretty sure that's standard procedure, as it's been what way on my credit card's site for nearly three hours now and there's no order cancellation to be seen.[/QUOTE]

Ahh okay, well that makes me feel a little better then. I don't preorder stuff enough to know what the procedure is on it.

[quote name='vtswordfish']Ahh okay, well that makes me feel a little better then. I don't preorder stuff enough to know what the procedure is on it.[/QUOTE]

I think it's just to make sure the card is legit, but they don't want to be accused of overcharging you a dollar so they refund it nigh-immediately.

Amazon does it all the time.

after hearing about how much hdd space is available on the basic wii u im gonna have to an external hdd right from the beginning

do games have to be installed like on the ps3?

[quote name='metsfan1545d']after hearing about how much hdd space is available on the basic wii u im gonna have to an external hdd right from the beginning

do games have to be installed like on the ps3?[/QUOTE]

no

I ordered one for pick up at a Kmart about a 1/2 hour away from me, unfortunately I won't be able to pick it up until next weekend. Hopefully they'll actually have it, but after seeing this on my order page:

Note: Merchandise availability and pricing are not guaranteed

my confidence is dwindling fast.

Oh well, we'll see what happens. And I haven't gotten the confirmation email yet, either.

[quote name='wohomerhoo']Back in the day... Sears broke street on N64... now Sears owns Kmart... hmmm[/QUOTE]

Correction: Kmart owns SEARS. I just blew your mind, didn't I?

[quote name='tcrash247']I checked out as a guest and didn't set a password to make an account. Kinda thinking I should have done that because I don't have any way of checking my order status on the site. Shit.[/QUOTE]

I was just able to check my order status by going to the actual Kmart site on the customer service page and inputting my order confirmation number and my e-mail address. I was then able to retroactively make an account and add that order to my order history.

[quote name='Esmith08']For those who went through with it, did they charge your account already or will you have to pay for the system upon picking it up?[/QUOTE]

What, KMart? I assume they charge your card at pickup, at least that's what Best Buy does.

-I just got off the phone with the Kmart manager in Oakdale,MN. He said they are getting them but the won't even know how many units until Tomorrow (Friday), he said just come in when the store opens on Sunday 8am and you will definitely get one! He said no one has even pre-ordered a Wii-U from them! I have coupons for Kmart so I'm going there! :cool:

[quote name='sp00ge']Nearest Kmart showing stock is about an hour away. F it, I'm in. Let's see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Same here, just ordered one from Newport Beach, less than an hour away. Let's see what happens.

[quote name='maximumzero']What, KMart? I assume they charge your card at pickup, at least that's what Best Buy does.[/QUOTE]

I checked out with Paypal, I wonder how that will play out.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Correction: Kmart owns SEARS. I just blew your mind, didn't I?[/QUOTE]

Actually, Sears bought K-Mart, but K-Mart became the controlling power.

Ok, just placed an order on Kmart.com. They give you an option to be notified by text message when the order is ready for pickup, so I guess this means they will hold it for you?

[quote name='trashtalkhc']I was just able to check my order status by going to the actual Kmart site on the customer service page and inputting my order confirmation number and my e-mail address. I was then able to retroactively make an account and add that order to my order history.[/QUOTE]

I'm a terrible online shopper, I didn't write down my order confirmation number because I expected an email right away. How wrong I was...

[quote name='rayfrombk']Ok, just placed an order on Kmart.com. They give you an option to be notified by text message when the order is ready for pickup, so I guess this means they will hold it for you?[/QUOTE]

I definitely signed up for that option.

Hoping I wake up to a text Sunday morning.

Hey, who's excited for Breaking Dawn II?!? Bah...Not me, the wife is dragging me to it tonight or tomorrow and I won't even enjoy it because I will just be thinking about Sunday?

[quote name='skiizim']Hey, who's excited for Breaking Dawn II?!? Bah...Not me, the wife is dragging me to it tonight or tomorrow and I won't even enjoy it because I will just be thinking about Sunday?[/QUOTE]
Just think, you do this for tonight and hopefully she lets you play all day Sunday!

Just got a call from my local Gamestop asking me if I'm planning on picking my Wii U on Sunday because they can only hold it until Monday night because of high demand.
So stoked!!
I of course said yes im picking it up on Sunday! :)

[quote name='maximumzero']I definitely signed up for that option.

Hoping I wake up to a text Sunday morning.[/QUOTE]

Total says 320.00. How much was your account charged initially, a 1.00?

[quote name='tcrash247']I'm a terrible online shopper, I didn't write down my order confirmation number because I expected an email right away. How wrong I was...[/QUOTE]

Same boat, I didn't even know I closed my window! My CC was charged an auth dollar, so I guess the order went through. Hopefully they send an e-mail soon.

[quote name='Esmith08']Total says 320.00. How much was your account charged initially, a 1.00?[/QUOTE]

Order total was $380.61 (Deluxe Set)

Charged to my card so far is $1.00, which was removed shortly afterward.

Apparently my "Shop Your Way Rewards" wasn't tied to my online account though, as I get the message. "You could have earned 3500 points on this
purchase with SHOP YOUR WAY REWARDS℠" above my order. (I've since linked my accounts)

I wonder if I can get those points after purchase.

[quote name='skiizim']Hey, who's excited for Breaking Dawn II?!? Bah...Not me, the wife is dragging me to it tonight or tomorrow and I won't even enjoy it because I will just be thinking about Sunday?[/QUOTE]

Haha, at least you get Sunday to play it. I get to pick ours up and it goes straight into the closet until Christmas with the Skylanders.

[quote name='PikaZeroX']Same boat, I didn't even know I closed my window! My CC was charged an auth dollar, so I guess the order went through. Hopefully they send an e-mail soon.[/QUOTE]
No confirmation number. No confirmation e-mail. ~$370 charge in my Paypal account, but I'm not satisfied with that. If anything, it means my payment will be tied up for even longer than if I had just paid with credit, keeping me from my legitimate Walmart layaway that I ordered.

The 380.61 wasn't charged right, and you don't expect the account to be charged until you pick up the system, right? Sorry if these are stupid questions, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back