Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I broke down and ordered a deluxe model from Kmart for pickup at the store down the street from my house which says it is in stock.

Used a credit card that I have sitting around with nothing on it so it doesn't matter if it get locked up with the charge. Worst case scenario is I just cancel the order after Sunday and wait for the charge to go back if it does get charged. Otherwise I will just pay it off on the card in full before the interest hits next month.

Somehow I doubt this will go smoothly. Especially with the issues I have had in the past with this particular store.

[quote name='Davivascaino']fuck, I preordered in store as well, and haven't received the email yet!!!!:hot::hot:
did you paid off?? I just put down 20 bucks[/QUOTE]

No, just put $20.00 down for the reserve. Just got the pickup email early this afternoon.

[quote name='skiizim']Hey, who's excited for Breaking Dawn II?!? Bah...Not me, the wife is dragging me to it tonight or tomorrow and I won't even enjoy it because I will just be thinking about Sunday?[/QUOTE]

You need to tell your wife that if she loves you, she will let you go, and if you come back to her after going a few doors down to watch Skyfall instead, it was meant to be. :)

[quote name='loomis1975']You need to tell your wife that if she loves you, she will let you go, and if you come back to her after going a few doors down to watch Skyfall instead, it was meant to be. :)[/QUOTE]

Or Wreck-It Ralph. Took the kids to that one. It was awesome for an old gamer like me.

[quote name='Drizzt57']Got an e-mail from Toys R Us confirming that my deluxe is ready for pickup Sunday.:)[/QUOTE]

Where are you at? I preordered from TRU and haven't gotten an email yet.

[quote name='Esmith08']So, do you guys think this KMart thing is legit or what?[/QUOTE]
I'm reading the SlickDeals thread about this same pre-order. In that thread, there were a few people in that thread that posted that they'd received confirmation e-mails - one of them even posted the e-mail itself - but generally, the number of people that placed the orders strongly outnumbers those that actually received confirmations.

[quote name='Esmith08']So, do you guys think this KMart thing is legit or what?[/QUOTE]

Well ... to be honest, some of the better stores might work out ok, but most of them, like mine, I wouldn't count on it. Their pick up in store is extremely hit or miss, it seems they use some generic codes for things that don't always guarantee you the item you expect. You can always get a refund, but I'd put about even odds on having a Basic system, or maybe even an old Wii waiting for you if they don't have much stock or employees that bother unpacking it. In other words, if that is your only option - sure, but don't pass up a chance to get one at another store and get in line at K-Mart instead.

Even when SHC-Gamer(Josh) was taking care of things I couldn't find things in my store on release day, or an employee willing to look in the back.

On another note, I confirmed that my Gamestop had mine ready for Sunday. I just hope I can catch the "day before" courtesy recording call. Having the kids overhear that call telling us that our WiiU is ready for pick up would be ... awkward. Especially since it is coming from Santa.

Just got off the phone with my local Target. The person I talked to wasn't sure if they were getting systems in, despite the fact that I purchased a pre-order card from them. They've been super confused about the whole thing every time I've spoken with them, which is pretty worrisome. Guess I'll be calling again Saturday and then lining up early Sunday just in case!

Anyone order from Best Buy and having it shipped? Whats the status of your order? They already shipped my ZombiU but nothing on the WiiU and Mario. I'm going to be pissed if I have a game and no console.

I preordered day 1.

[quote name='OrigamiDrill']Just got off the phone with my local Target. The person I talked to wasn't sure if they were getting systems in, despite the fact that I purchased a pre-order card from them. They've been super confused about the whole thing every time I've spoken with them, which is pretty worrisome. Guess I'll be calling again Saturday and then lining up early Sunday just in case![/QUOTE]

Stop being silly please!
Show up with your pre-order card on Sunday, end of story (preferably at opening).

I tried pre-ordering way back when the Wii U was first announced at E3 and Gamestop said it was too early to pre-order, but I somehow missed the initial Gamestop pre-order signup. I'm now on their "waiting list", I tried ordering from the K-Mart link and I'm even signing up for the Sam's Club membership, but I'm still not sure I'll get one on launch day. I know that it's not truly the end of the world, but I do wish these stores had more surefire ways to guarantee one at launch. For now I'll just have to cross my fingers. Good luck everyone and to those of you with guaranteed preorders, congrats =).

[quote name='Rockym']Where are you at? I preordered from TRU and haven't gotten an email yet.[/QUOTE]

Reason for that is your supposed to scan the pre orders into a certain area, then people will get their email. If you don't scan them in, no email. So if you don't get an email, just call your store Saturday and make sure they got in their shipment. We just got ours today.

[quote name='goomba478']I tried pre-ordering way back when the Wii U was first announced at E3 and Gamestop said it was too early to pre-order, but I somehow missed the initial Gamestop pre-order signup. I'm now on their "waiting list", I tried ordering from the K-Mart link and I'm even signing up for the Sam's Club membership, but I'm still not sure I'll get one on launch day. I know that it's not truly the end of the world, but I do wish these stores had more surefire ways to guarantee one at launch. For now I'll just have to cross my fingers. Good luck everyone and to those of you with guaranteed preorders, congrats =).[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Good luck my friend. Also, be sure to check your local retail stores. I could not find a pre-order ANYWHERE, and I just happend to walk into Target about two weeks ago, and behold, a single pre-order card left for grabs.

I filled out everything, hit submit order, and it just went back to a standard search engine. No confirmation email or $1.00 charge to my account. I guess this just proves some sketchiness.

[quote name='dragonjud']Stop being silly please!
Show up with your pre-order card on Sunday, end of story (preferably at opening).[/QUOTE]

Sound advice! I suppose my biggest concern is that, based on their general lack of knowledge about whether they're getting the system (though of course they are), they may just give it out on a first-come, first-serve basis.

I'm what you call paranoid.

paid off the little i had left on my GS preorder today, guy told me they hadnt gotten their shipment yet but should get them tomorrow and they would definitely have them for Sunday

weird how close to launch and they didnt even have their shipment yet

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']crazy that some idiots will pay that much for a video game system[/QUOTE]

Hey man. Thats not even retail for PS3 at launch!

[quote name='ebay33']Target (online) has a basic set bundled with Super Mario Bros. U for $359.99. Still available as of now. http://www.target.com/p/wii-u-8gb-b...i-u/-/A-14333660#prodSlot=medium_1_4&term=wii u[/QUOTE]

Just ordered one. Total was $366.75 after tax, Red Card discount and a $5 off online promo. Not bad with delivery date between 11/21-11/27 with free shipping. Was able to get a reservation card earlier but I regret not picking up more than one since I have several relatives that also want a system. At least this will be 1 down and several to go.

[quote name='Deader2818']Hey man. Thats not even retail for PS3 at launch![/QUOTE]

lol that was not the point. im sorry but i don't need a system that much to pay close to 200 more for it maybe if i was a movie star yeah

Stopped into WM this evening to make a payment on system. I was told they are getting in (have) 40 systems w/ 32 pre orders. I was told that I can sleep in instead of dealing w/ midnight opening b/c 32 will stay in back and remaining 8 will go to floor. Pre orderers will pick up from layaway desk.

[quote name='azngtlman']Just ordered one. Total was $366.75 after tax, Red Card discount and a $5 off online promo. Not bad with delivery date between 11/21-11/27 with free shipping. Was able to get a reservation card earlier but I regret not picking up more than one since I have several relatives that also want a system. At least this will be 1 down and several to go.[/QUOTE]

whats the 5 dollar off promo

I wish my Best Buy was having a midnight launch.. Sunday morning is gonna be awesome! The feeling of unboxing a new system and hooking it up for the first time is priceless. Deluxe Wii U, and NSMBU and Zombi U should be my games along with a Wiimote and nunchuch. Any other good games to get?

i just called my kmart to see i they would have any wii u's and was told they had no clue kmart website even was doing orders they were never told kmart stores would get any. (store manager told me that)

if kmart got systems i think it's a good sign that that nintendo guy saying wii u will be mroe easy to find then wii might be true. Kmart would be the last store i would think would get decent amount of systems to have a preorder on their website.

[quote name='Tiako']
attachment.php
[/QUOTE]

What I get from this no longer broken link is that some schmuck over at Slickdeals nabbed a bunch of those cards, hoping to sucker in some people into buying them.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']if kmart got systems i think it's a good sign that that nintendo guy saying wii u will be mroe easy to find then wii might be true. Kmart would be the last store i would think would get decent amount of systems to have a preorder on their website.[/QUOTE]

That or, you know, with Amazon not selling the system, thats more systems to go around for other stores.

Interesting from my gamestop...

I just called and flat out asked: "Do you have enough of the Wii U Deluxe console to cover your pre-orders?"

Clerk on the phone: "When did you order it?"

Me: "First day of pre-orders. I paid it off yesterday."

Clerk on phone: "If it's ordered and not paid off, you'll most likely get one. If it's paid off, you'll 100% for sure get one. Especially since you ordered it the first day. You'll get one."

...not sure how I feel about that, especially since I can't pick it up until after I get off work, which will be around 5 by the time i get there.

Sears Holdings owns both Sears and KMart. Sears Holdings bought KMart when it was nearly bankrupt. SHLD is the stock ticker, and KMart doesn't exist on the stock market as an entity anymore. Eddie Lampert is the CEO of SHLD, and they mainly bought KMart for their real estate. They've closed a lot of KMarts, and will probably close a lot more.

[quote name='ProppaT']Actually, Sears bought K-Mart, but K-Mart became the controlling power.[/QUOTE]

Anyone get any info from Best Buy? I preordered in store during the first couple days of kiosk preodering, went in today to verify stock and to see how they were going to handle preorders and they said that they had not gotten their shipment in yet. Once they come in, they notify people through a phone call or email. Does that seem right? Of course, no one was in gaming and I was told this by a rep at customer service.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Interesting from my gamestop...

I just called and flat out asked: "Do you have enough of the Wii U Deluxe console to cover your pre-orders?"

Clerk on the phone: "When did you order it?"

Me: "First day of pre-orders. I paid it off yesterday."

Clerk on phone: "If it's ordered and not paid off, you'll most likely get one. If it's paid off, you'll 100% for sure get one. Especially since you ordered it the first day. You'll get one."

...not sure how I feel about that, especially since I can't pick it up until after I get off work, which will be around 5 by the time i get there.[/QUOTE]

If you preordered... You have until Tuesday. That's what I called and told all of my preorder customers. 48 hr hold guarantee on preorders.

[quote name='Confidance']If you preordered... You have until Tuesday. That's what I called and told all of my preorder customers. 48 hr hold guarantee on preorders.[/QUOTE]

I'm not worried about walk-ins. I'm worried about not having enough to cover all pre-orders. A friend of mine used to work at another GS store. I wish he still did, I'd have him call the one I pre-ordered at and try to get a freaking straight answer on if they have enough deluxe consoles to cover their preorders.

I ordered 1 of the bundles from Target with Super Mario Bros. I already have a preorder from gamestop.com and bestbuy.com as in store pick up but have little faith those will actually pan out. Now I've got this... hopefully 1 of the 3 will come through and I can just return/sell the others.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I'm not worried about walk-ins. I'm worried about not having enough to cover all pre-orders. A friend of mine used to work at another GS store. I wish he still did, I'd have him call the one I pre-ordered at and try to get a freaking straight answer on if they have enough deluxe consoles to cover their preorders.[/QUOTE]

The email to all stores says that the preorders will be covered day 1. In the case of mine, all preorders and a handful of waitlist were covered. All deluxe.

The email also warned for all preorders and wait list to be put aside

If I get a GS PUR coupon for $10 any GS purchase, could I use it when I completely pay off my preorder? I'd like to pay off my system tomorrow or Saturday to simplify pickup on Sunday but I want to use the coupon.

[quote name='Confidance']The email to all stores says that the preorders will be covered day 1. In the case of mine, all preorders and a handful of waitlist were covered. All deluxe.

The email also warned for all preorders and wait list to be put aside[/QUOTE]

Off topic, but since you work at GS, i'm hoping you can answer this for me. I've always kind of wondered. I've heard about the whole "if an employee doesn't get enough pre-orders or PUR cards sold, they're fired" thing. Is that true? And if so, is it super firm? Or is it case by case? If a manager knows an employee is working his/her ass off but still happens to come up short, are they still gone? I'm not bashing GS at all (in fact the B2G1s and full service pre-orders make them my preferred B&M store), it's just something i've always kind of wondered. I have a buddy who used to work at GS, but he was mainly at a Funcoland and only at GS for less than a year after they took it over before he ended up leaving to go to school out of state, and he said he never really had a policy like that at his store.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Off topic, but since you work at GS, i'm hoping you can answer this for me. I've always kind of wondered. I've heard about the whole "if an employee doesn't get enough pre-orders or PUR cards sold, they're fired" thing. Is that true? And if so, is it super firm? Or is it case by case? If a manager knows an employee is working his/her ass off but still happens to come up short, are they still gone? I'm not bashing GS at all (in fact the B2G1s and full service pre-orders make them my preferred B&M store), it's just something i've always kind of wondered. I have a buddy who used to work at GS, but he was mainly at a Funcoland and only at GS for less than a year after they took it over before he ended up leaving to go to school out of state, and he said he never really had a policy like that at his store.[/QUOTE]

When I managed a Gamestop we didn't fire people based on preorders/PUR signups. We fired people who sucked at the job and only worked there for a discount. I also didn't let people check out new games.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Off topic, but since you work at GS, i'm hoping you can answer this for me. I've always kind of wondered. I've heard about the whole "if an employee doesn't get enough pre-orders or PUR cards sold, they're fired" thing. Is that true? And if so, is it super firm? Or is it case by case? If a manager knows an employee is working his/her ass off but still happens to come up short, are they still gone? I'm not bashing GS at all (in fact the B2G1s and full service pre-orders make them my preferred B&M store), it's just something i've always kind of wondered. I have a buddy who used to work at GS, but he was mainly at a Funcoland and only at GS for less than a year after they took it over before he ended up leaving to go to school out of state, and he said he never really had a policy like that at his store.[/QUOTE]

Its important, but not job threatening. However the key holder management will be forced to step down if they don't give maximum effort to push cards, reserves, I devices and so on. Again we are not a holes about it but it depends on who runs the roost, and the area. Knowing the area usually sets the expectations. I've seen a guy removed from store manager to assistant because of lack of leadership but not numbers. The same store manager forced a step down of another guy for lack of numbers although his productivity was fine. Give it your best is all I ask for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back