Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So does anyone know if the non 24hour Walmarts are supposed to stay open after 12 to give the Wii U's? Or do we have to wait til early sunday morning?

Mine closes at 12am.

[quote name='Todmicahels']So does anyone know if the non 24hour Walmarts are supposed to stay open after 12 to give the Wii U's? Or do we have to wait til early sunday morning?

Mine closes at 12am.[/QUOTE]

sunday morning. walmart never opens stores that are not 24/7 for releases

[quote name='Confidance']Its important, but not job threatening. However the key holder management will be forced to step down if they don't give maximum effort to push cards, reserves, I devices and so on. Again we are not a holes about it but it depends on who runs the roost, and the area. Knowing the area usually sets the expectations. I've seen a guy removed from store manager to assistant because of lack of leadership but not numbers. The same store manager forced a step down of another guy for lack of numbers although his productivity was fine. Give it your best is all I ask for.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer, that kind of clears it up. I've always wondered about that.

I called Walmart last night, asked for electronics and was put through to a woman who knew nothing of the pre-order situation and said my walmart would not do a midnight launch.

However, I called again this morning and asked for layaway and got a hold of another woman who not only told me that they ARE doing a midnight launch, but even confirmed that the pre-orders were covered. She even told me she found the one with my name on it! That was so re-assuring haha.

So if anybody else is having trouble with wally world, I would suggest asking for layaway. This is not the first time that the electronics people were totally clueless about something.

So is there any store that didn't take more pre-orders than systems? I'm looking to start going to any store right after these things launch a few times a week when they open to see if they got any in. Don't want to waste my time if they are just going to give all the systems that come in to existing pre-orders.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']sunday morning. walmart never opens stores that are not 24/7 for releases[/QUOTE]

My Walmart closes at midnight but they are staying open for a midnight launch.

[quote name='Esmith08']My Walmart is 24 hr, so I am wondering if they are going to start putting the consoles out at around 12. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']So is there any store that didn't take more pre-orders than systems? I'm looking to start going to any store right after these things launch a few times a week when they open to see if they got any in. Don't want to waste my time if they are just going to give all the systems that come in to existing pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

you have to call your local stores. just because say target in one area has extra don't mean another area target will have extra

[quote name='PRrambo']I called Walmart last night, asked for electronics and was put through to a woman who knew nothing of the pre-order situation and said my walmart would not do a midnight launch.

However, I called again this morning and asked for layaway and got a hold of another woman who not only told me that they ARE doing a midnight launch, but even confirmed that the pre-orders were covered. She even told me she found the one with my name on it! That was so re-assuring haha.

So if anybody else is having trouble with wally world, I would suggest asking for layaway. This is not the first time that the electronics people were totally clueless about something.[/QUOTE]

I had fully paid mine off early, and I was worried that I lost my preorder. I called about 30 minutes ago, and had them check to see if I was still gauranteed 1 and I was. It was DEFINITELY re-assuring lol, can't wait til we get this system. Hopefully my walmart is like yours and stays open for a couple of minutes to hand out the Wii U's.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']So is there any store that didn't take more pre-orders than systems? I'm looking to start going to any store right after these things launch a few times a week when they open to see if they got any in. Don't want to waste my time if they are just going to give all the systems that come in to existing pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Every TRU location will have extras to sell on Sunday.

Anyone else with those $5 Best Buy pre-orders from the kiosk worried about sunday? I don't want to show up at midnight but I feel they'll probably just sell out if I don't.

Has there been any confirmation that the U Draw or the Wii music peripherals will be compatible with the Wii U? I don't see why not, but it seems like weird shit happens with stuff like that sometimes.

Got an order in on the KMart thing, gonna have to drive like 30 miles but what the hell right. Now, if my other one I placed with them actually goes through, well, then I'm boned. They did take the money out of my account however.

[quote name='prim4444']Every TRU location will have extras to sell on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

my tru told e yesterday they will only have enough to cover preorders

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']my tru told e yesterday they will only have enough to cover preorders[/QUOTE]

They are wrong. No TRU oversold their allotment or even got close to it. The vast majority of stores got double what was pre ordered if not more.

[quote name='spmahn']Good luck all you resellers, the Wii U Console is very clearly advertised in the circular, these won't be hard to find.[/QUOTE]
What circular? One store?

I hope it is in the flyers since no one other than hardcore gamers and flippers have heard of it yet. Gotta get the word out to your everyday Joe reading the Sunday circulars.

I stopped by one of the Walmart to pay down my layaways and this store said very few people other than I had pre ordered there.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I hope all the resellers get FUUUUUUCKED.[/QUOTE]

Are you referring to Walmart,best buy,gamestop,sears/Kmart, target or Toy R Us??

OR NINTENDO?

I'm kind of hoping the Kmart deal falls through. I forgot I have a 5% pharmacy rewards coupon for Target, plus my old lady is upgrading her iPhone tomorrow and we should be able to trade that in for $150. I would rather spend $200 out of pocket than $350.

[quote name='prim4444']They are wrong. No TRU oversold their allotment or even got close to it. The vast majority of stores got double what was pre ordered if not more.[/QUOTE]

you know htis how? are you the president of tru?

[quote name='druggie218']I hope it is in the flyers since no one other than hardcore gamers and flippers have heard of it yet. Gotta get the word out to your everyday Joe reading the Sunday circulars.

I stopped by one of the Walmart to pay down my layaways and this store said very few people other than I had pre ordered there.[/QUOTE]
I know kids definitely know about, but how much in detail is to be determined. My teenage cousins who watch Nickelodeon and Disney have seen Wii U commercials. I guess kids haven't bugged their parents to get them one yet.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']my tru told e yesterday they will only have enough to cover preorders[/QUOTE]

[quote name='therealdanhill']What circular? One store?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I should have been clear, the TRU circular has Wii U consoles advertised as available very clearly displayed on page one, with no indication of limited quantities outside of the standard disclaimer they print in every ad.

"More than 500,000 customers worldwide are on a waiting list for the device, GameStop Corp., a specialty retailer with 6,600 stores in the U.S. and Europe, said yesterday. Shoppers placed orders for 1.2 million Wii U titles worldwide, more than double that of the original Wii launch, GameStop President Tony Bartel said in an earnings conference call."

http://newyork.newsday.com/business...-waiting-list-before-nov-18-release-1.4228073

Someone must know about the console for the wait list to be that long.

Well damn, that settles it. I guess that means you can walk in to any store at any time in the next 3 months and walk out with a Wii U with no hassle!

Hey guys I was able to pick up my Wii U deluxe from Walmart layaway today. YMMV but to those who do have Walmart layaway orders you can try tonight or tomorrow.

I can't wait to play this tonight!

wii_u_photo.jpg
[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Deader2818']Well damn, that settles it. I guess that means you can walk in to any store at any time in the next 3 months and walk out with a Wii U with no hassle![/QUOTE]

Maybe not on day one, but certainly after week one when all the would be resellers flood the stores with returns.

[quote name='urbanstar1']Hey guys I was able to pick up my Wii U deluxe from Walmart layaway today. YMMV but to those who do have Walmart layaway orders you can try tonight or tomorrow.

XKClnL
[/QUOTE]

:hot:

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']you know htis how? are you the president of tru?[/QUOTE]

I do work there. I do have a company wide allotment report.

[quote name='Deader2818']Well damn, that settles it. I guess that means you can walk in to any store at any time in the next 3 months and walk out with a Wii U with no hassle![/QUOTE]

Obviously.

[quote name='urbanstar1']Hey guys I was able to pick up my Wii U deluxe from Walmart layaway today. YMMV but to those who do have Walmart layaway orders you can try tonight or tomorrow.

XKClnL
[/QUOTE]

lol you must have dealt with a clueless employee, nice!

XKClnL
[/QUOTE]

If this is true, it is likely by a wide margin one of the least likely things to ever happen.

[quote name='Deader2818']I somehow doubt it happened. Ofc maybe he will post a picture to prove me wrong, lol.[/QUOTE]

he did post a picture

[quote name='spmahn']Maybe not on day one, but certainly after week one when all the would be resellers flood the stores with returns.[/QUOTE]
Keep telling yourself that. These will be sold out through the Christmas season making them more and more valuable as people get more desperate towards Christmas. Good luck just walking in and buying one of these this season.

XKClnL
[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause: Picks and vids!!! :D

wii_u_photo.jpg
[/url]

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely insane--congrats! I sent you a PM--if you're able to confirm whether it has a universal power supply, that'd be most appreciated.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I hope all the resellers get FUUUUUUCKED.[/QUOTE]

How could that even happen? If where was no demand the resellers would simply return them to the store they purchased it from for a full refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back