Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='urbanstar1']Hey guys I was able to pick up my Wii U deluxe from Walmart layaway today. YMMV but to those who do have Walmart layaway orders you can try tonight or tomorrow.

I can't wait to play this tonight!

wii_u_photo.jpg
[/url]

[/QUOTE]

I just love looking at the pics hahaha. Congrats! 1 down, countless CAGs to go! BTW, looks great with your setup! You should stop by the November pick-ups thread with those pics and now would be a great time for you to do an overall collection/set-up update in the collection thread!

I don't even understand how you could have gotten this from Wal-Mart, their computer systems won't, or at least shouldn't allow it to be sold before midnight on Sunday, and no one can override them.

Just looked at my Walmart.com order page, so after they told me Zombie U was delayed and would not ship until the 25th! It shipped today Via Fed ex , my pro controller and the 32 gig deluxe still processing .. I guess it will ship tomorrow I hope.Walmart is a crappy online store, but it looks like I will get my stuff.

[quote name='spmahn']I don't even understand how you could have gotten this from Wal-Mart, their computer systems won't, or at least shouldn't allow it to be sold before midnight on Sunday, and no one can override them.[/QUOTE]

My guess would be he paid it off at layaway, so the system recognized it as either picked up or able to be picked up. Walmart's layaway is weird, it's different from a normal sale. That's why they had to scan barcodes for people to put them on layaway. In the layaway system, this is something that has been in stock for a while that he put on layaway, and he just now happened to pick it up.

[quote name='urbanstar1']Hey guys I was able to pick up my Wii U deluxe from Walmart layaway today. YMMV but to those who do have Walmart layaway orders you can try tonight or tomorrow.

wii_u_photo.jpg
[/url]

[/QUOTE]

can you tell us how the process went. Like what you told them and how they reacted. Wondering How I should go up to them and what should I say...also how sneaky I have to be with my words..lol

[quote name='prim4444']I do work there. I do have a company wide allotment report.[/QUOTE]

People forget that this is a very small section of the general population. Most people do not run to the store the minute they hear of the next Wii to pre-order. This is not an Iphone or hot cool gadget. It's a gaming console. Nerds, and people who choose this as a hobby know because they choose to.

Nintendo is in business to make money, and they have quite a few partners in retail (Walmart, ToysRus, Target, Bestbuy, etc.). Or did people think that ToysRus was really only going to get half a dozen consoles per store? Less than intelligent folks get on a Gamestop pre-order with no backup plan. ToysRus will have extra, and so will Target, and BestBuy.

Will you beat the resellers who are there at opening? Who knows, but as Prim says, stop assuming stores are getting a few units on launch day.

[quote name='dragonjud']People forget that this is a very small section of the general population. Most people do not run to the store the minute they hear of the next Wii to pre-order. This is not an Iphone or hot cool gadget. It's a gaming console. Nerds, and people who choose this as a hobby know because they choose to.

Nintendo is in business to make money, and they have quite a few partners in retail (Walmart, ToysRus, Target, Bestbuy, etc.). Or did people think that ToysRus was really only going to get half a dozen consoles per store? Less than intelligent folks get on a Gamestop pre-order with no backup plan. ToysRus will have extra, and so will Target, and BestBuy.

Will you beat the resellers who are there at opening? Who knows, but as Prim says, stop assuming stores are getting a few units on launch.[/QUOTE]

Seems i'm less than intelligent according to you. I chose GS (B&M) as my pre-order location, and I did not pre-order anywhere else.

[quote name='camp']the estimated delivery date on my non-bundled walmart.com order disappeared. i don't think it's gonna ship :([/QUOTE]

mine did too and I preorded soon as it was up.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Seems i'm less than intelligent according to you. I chose GS (B&M) as my pre-order location, and I did not pre-order anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

Me 2...hmm.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Seems i'm less than intelligent according to you. I chose GS (B&M) as my pre-order location, and I did not pre-order anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to insult anybody with my statement. If you have a pre-order at GS and you're guaranteed a unit, that's great.
My point is that Nintendo does not just cater to GS, and will not just send them thousands of extra units to meet their great wait lists. They don't care, because at the end of the day it's a gimmick by Gamestop. To even get on such list, you have to be a rewards member...

If I were to bet who will have the most units, my money would be on the big two (ToysRus, and Walmart), and other general retailers to follow. GS is probably far down that list (as individual stores go).

wii_u_photo.jpg
[/url]

[/QUOTE]

ohhh shit, nicely done!!!

wii_u_photo.jpg
[/url]

[/QUOTE]

Congrats! Looks beautiful. How do you like it so far?

I wanted to jump on that target deal, but I wanted to split the cost over two cards. cant do that online so I used one card to buy a gift card online. got the email with the gift card info and checked the balance and made sure everything was good.

went to pull the trigger and the website returns an error with the gift card. its been 3 hours now and still the gift card wont process.

now the bundle is out of stock and im stuck with a $200 target giftcard.

the system does show in my cart still so make as long as I keep refreshing this card will eventually work and I can get it. not expecting anything but who knows.

[quote name='dragonjud']I didn't mean to insult anybody with my statement. If you have a pre-order at GS and you're guaranteed a unit, that's great.
My point is that Nintendo does not just cater to GS, and will not just send them thousands of extra units to meet their great wait lists. They don't care, because at the end of the day it's a gimmick by Gamestop. To even get on such list, you have to be a rewards member...

If I were to bet who will have the most units, my money would be on the big two (ToysRus, and Walmart), and other general retailers to follow. GS is probably far down that list (as individual stores go).[/QUOTE]

Before I secured my target pre order I was put on the wait list at GameStop wait list and I am not a rewards member.

[quote name='dragonjud']I didn't mean to insult anybody with my statement. If you have a pre-order at GS and you're guaranteed a unit, that's great.

If I were to bet who will have the most units, my money would be on the big two (ToysRus, and Walmart), and other general retailers to follow. GS is probably far down that list (as individual stores go).[/QUOTE]

I see what you're saying. Although I'd figure most people who got on the wait list would have understood it's not an actual pre-order. Some probably don't mind waiting to buy from GS in order to get the PUR points (as you said, everybody on that list is a member). Others probably did pre-order at other locations and are using the list as a backup. And there are also people, i'm sure, that either couldn't find anywhere else to pre-order or were simply unaware other locations even did pre-orders.

Nintendo won't likely supply GS with extra units beyond what their allocation was due to the wait list. But that doesn't necessarily mean that TRU didn't oversell. That was the original point, right? Or am I missing something?

[quote name='mantis23']I wanted to jump on that target deal, but I wanted to split the cost over two cards. cant do that online so I used one card to buy a gift card online. got the email with the gift card info and checked the balance and made sure everything was good.

went to pull the trigger and the website returns an error with the gift card. its been 3 hours now and still the gift card wont process.

the system does show in my cart still so make as long as I keep refreshing this card will eventually work and I can get it. not expecting anything but who knows.[/QUOTE]

I'd call Target CS and see if they can help you either push the order through or get your money back from that gift card.

Their were no issues in purchasing the console. Their system treated it as though I were simply paying off the remainder of the layaway amount, their was no lockout or anything blocking their system from blocking the sale.

Went to the Gamestop I preordered my Wii U, I was only able to preorder the 8 GB version because they stopped preorders of the Deluxe a few hours before. I asked the associate at the store whether they had just enough for preorders which he replied yes.

He told me I could call back two days after the release of the Wii U to see if there was anyone that didn't pickup their console. He also took my name and number down and told me that he would give me a call if someone doesn't pickup their console. Here's hoping that I can get the deluxe next week.

[quote name='Octopod']"More than 500,000 customers worldwide are on a waiting list for the device, GameStop Corp., a specialty retailer with 6,600 stores in the U.S. and Europe, said yesterday. Shoppers placed orders for 1.2 million Wii U titles worldwide, more than double that of the original Wii launch, GameStop President Tony Bartel said in an earnings conference call."

http://newyork.newsday.com/business...-waiting-list-before-nov-18-release-1.4228073

Someone must know about the console for the wait list to be that long.[/QUOTE]

The problem with speculating on the availability of this console.. First ignore GameStop. It's a specialty store with ought the mass buying power of bb, tru and Walmart. Retailers like that will determine the scarcity/abundance of it.

[quote name='UnseenGamer7']Before I secured my target pre order I was put on the wait list at GameStop wait list and I am not a rewards member.[/QUOTE]

At first, the list was somewhat open. However, anybody that has walked into a store inquiring about this recently has heard the sccchhhpeeel: 'You need to be a rewards member. It's free, but you get all this extra cool stuff if you sign up for the paid 'Pro' option...blah, blah, blah.'

[quote name='jedi0077']The problem with speculating on the availability of this console.. First ignore GameStop. It's a specialty store with ought the mass buying power of bb, tru and Walmart. Retailers like that will determine the scarcity/abundance of it.[/QUOTE]

Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Well I just set up the Wii U and it was fairly straightforward, hdmi and power obviously, as well as a cord to the charging cradle and the ever tangled Wii sensor bar. After the Wii U splash screen the user is asked to sync the gamepad to the console which was a breeze, although one hassle is that the sync button on the back of the gamepad is a bit recessed so I actually had to use a pin in order for it to be depressed.

The dash screen is very similar to that of the Wii as well as the 3ds. Interestingly, it appears on the gamepad initially rather than on ones television screen, your Mii is busy looking about on your television, these images can be toggled between the gamepad and the television.

I played a few minutes of Nintendoland and my first impression is that it is truly a showcase about the Wii U and its capabilities. I hope to play a bit more to see if it is truly a glorified demo/showcase game or if it holds up as a full fledged experience in its own right.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Never understand why people hang tvs on the wall to have all that unsightly cord rundown.[/QUOTE]

I detest this as well hence why I use a cord management system in an effort to hide, at least to an extent, the cordy wilderness that all gamers are faced with. I had to undo that system in order to hook up the Wii U; although by tomorrow the wild shall be tamed again!

Last edited by a moderator:
I simply went to the layaway department and told the woman behind the counter that I wanted to pick up an item I had in layaway and inquired if it was in the back while handing her my receipt. She looked at it and returned with the console. I was fairly forthright about the whole thing however I had a feeling they were not privy to the street date or any reason they couldn't sell it to me today.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I'd call Target CS and see if they can help you either push the order through or get your money back from that gift card.[/QUOTE]

I did call target CS a few times and got wildly varying answers from each rep. everything from "it takes 24 hours to become active" to "since you registered it on your phone you can only use it on the target app on your phone"

right now I think I'll just leave it as is and try my luck at target on sunday, if not they all seemed to think I should be able to return it.

[quote name='djricekcn']damn bestbuy pushed my ship date back to december...[/QUOTE]

Where do you see the ship date on bestbuy.com?

Only date on mine is: Order Status:: 1 item(s) preordered, release date is 11/18/12.

[quote name='mantis23']I wanted to jump on that target deal, but I wanted to split the cost over two cards. cant do that online so I used one card to buy a gift card online. got the email with the gift card info and checked the balance and made sure everything was good.

the system does show in my cart still so make as long as I keep refreshing this card will eventually work and I can get it. not expecting anything but who knows.[/QUOTE]

Get in line around 7-8 am.

[quote name='Deader2818']Somewhat pointless to get the console early since the good games arent out till sunday and you can't even apply the update till sunday.[/QUOTE]

Still something to kill time with on the weekend lead up until Sunday. I know I'd be in heaven if I had it right now. Got nothing to do anyway since I got all my school work done today.

urbanstar - just wanted to again express huge props for confirming that the Wii U does not have a universal power supply (ie, only accepts 120v input). I know most people don't care, but it really helped me out and the info just wasn't available anywhere else online. Thanks again.

[quote name='slappynutz']Where do you see the ship date on bestbuy.com?

Only date on mine is: Order Status:: 1 item(s) preordered, release date is 11/18/12.[/QUOTE]

Call them at their 800 number

This is my 1st post on CAG, just wanted to say thks to the community. If I didn;t find this site I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to get a Wii U on launch day.

Preordered at WalMart (layaway) and I have been worrying since if they would mess it up, from all the comments on this site.

Tonight stopped in WalMart just for fun. Went to the layaway dept and they showed me my Wii U that had a sticker on it that had my name on it!

I'll bet I'm the oldest gamer, but not the best on this site 57!

My first system was the Atari 2600!

Once again thanks and can't wait for the 18th!!!

[quote name='urbanstar1']Well I just set up the Wii U and it was fairly straightforward, hdmi and power obviously, as well as a cord to the charging cradle and the ever tangled Wii sensor bar. After the Wii U splash screen the user is asked to sync the gamepad to the console which was a breeze, although one hassle is that the sync button on the back of the gamepad is a bit recessed so I actually had to use a pin in order for it to be depressed.

The dash screen is very similar to that of the Wii as well as the 3ds. Interestingly, it appears on the gamepad initially rather than on ones television screen, your Mii is busy looking about on your television, these images can be toggled between the gamepad and the television.

I played a few minutes of Nintendoland and my first impression is that it is truly a showcase about the Wii U and its capabilities. I hope to play a bit more to see if it is truly a glorified demo/showcase game or if it holds up as a full fledged experience in its own right.

I detest this as well hence why I use a cord management system in an effort to hide, at least to an extent, the cordy wilderness that all gamers are faced with. I had to undo that system in order to hook up the Wii U; although by tomorrow the wild shall be tamed again![/QUOTE]

What titles are available for digtial download, is madden? is the main update even out yet?

[quote name='Drclaw411']I sincerely hope that every one of us that tries, preorder or otherwise, is able to get the Wii U console on launch. Good luck everyone.[/QUOTE]

That's great to see on forums. :applause: Don't get enough of that. Good luck to all. And to everyone that needs some extra storage Big lots has some 16 gig usb sticks for $11 and 8gig for $8.

[quote name='razorrush']That's great to see on forums. :applause: Don't get enough of that. Good luck to all. And to everyone that needs some extra storage Big lots has some 16 gig usb sticks for $11 and 8gig for $8.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind Nintendo said you cannot save games to flash media.

Anyone else get shipping notice from Walmart? I only got notice on Zombie U so far. It's coming Fed Ex shipped today, will have on Tues. even though they said it would not ship until the 25th. I hope my System, and pro controller ship tomorrow.

[quote name='mickduff']This is my 1st post on CAG, just wanted to say thks to the community. If I didn;t find this site I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to get a Wii U on launch day.

Preordered at WalMart (layaway) and I have been worrying since if they would mess it up, from all the comments on this site.

Tonight stopped in WalMart just for fun. Went to the layaway dept and they showed me my Wii U that had a sticker on it that had my name on it!

Once again thanks and can't wait for the 18th!!![/QUOTE]
Thats great! I thought I was old 48, but you got me.

Im at the movies getting ready to watch Breaking Dawn with the gf and they just showed a Wii U commercial. Pretty damn excited for this release.

I remember when you could have a couple of 8MB memory cards, and be set for years.

I'm sure they're being more careful with how they're handling SD cards this time around, since that's how the original Wii was most commonly exploited -- games that loaded levels/etc. from SD cards.

[quote name='djricekcn']Call them at their 800 number[/QUOTE]

Lady told me estimated delivery 11/18-19. What I figured. Hope it doesn't get delayed, but I'm not sure if I want to just go to Toy's R Us or Target on Sunday morning just so I can play Sunday.

[quote name='mickduff']This is my 1st post on CAG, just wanted to say thks to the community. If I didn;t find this site I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to get a Wii U on launch day.

Once again thanks and can't wait for the 18th!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='tightclaws']Thats great! I thought I was old 48, but you got me.[/QUOTE]

Hehe - good to know I'm not the oldest here either (tightclaws you have me beat by a few years). It just feels that way a lot of the time ;).

My first system was an Atari but I was still a kid at the time at least.

And I'm super-jealous of the guy who got his Wii U already from Walmart. Though I'm pretty busy right now and wouldn't have time to set it up anyway. Sunday and the following week is probably a better time to sit down and enjoy it. The kids have all next week off so they will be all set.

I'm pretty disappointed no midnight release at GS though. I mean, I haven't called them to check but I'm pretty sure they won't have one. It would have been cool to get it then and have it all set up for the kids on Sunday morning. As it is I probably won't get it till noon Sunday and then set it up that evening. I also need to be sure how the Wii transfer works before I dive into it. If you can really transfer over Wii Points I might have to dump a few more Wii Points cards on to the Wii we never use any more (we have 2 and the original one with the points and VC games is the one we never use but obviously the one I'd want to transfer).

[quote name='slappynutz']Lady told me estimated delivery 11/18-19. What I figured. Hope it doesn't get delayed, but I'm not sure if I want to just go to Toy's R Us or Target on Sunday morning just so I can play Sunday.[/QUOTE]

you wait for year and half for the system and can't wait one extra day till monday lol. You got one coming let someone ele that don't have a preorder have a system

[quote name='coopscohen']Im at the movies getting ready to watch Breaking Dawn with the gf and they just showed a Wii U commercial. Pretty damn excited for this release.[/QUOTE]

Yea, they showed one before Wreck it Ralph as well. Getting pumped!

Everyone should see Wreck it Ralph too, that movie is awesome, and has great 3D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back