Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cigaro']i totally understand getting deals and what not..... but it seems a lot of people have been ordering online with hopes of just getting the games on time for launch. from what I have been reading at least.[/QUOTE]

AMAZON RELEASE DAY arrival FTW of course not launch wii u titles but you get my point

lol called again, and was told "I cannot tell you the definite release date of this item, as we have to wait for more customers to order this item. There is no release date in the system". I was told to wait 24 hours for my order confirmation email, and to call back then, and was told it might take up to a week. The lady bearely even spoke English, so sick of this bullshit. How can you get a grasp of a customer's concern if you aren't familiar with the vernacular they use?

[quote name='therealdanhill']lol called again, and was told "I cannot tell you the definite release date of this item, as we have to wait for more customers to order this item. There is no release date in the system". I was told to wait 24 hours for my order confirmation email, and to call back then, and was told it might take up to a week. The lady bearely even spoke English, so sick of this bullshit. How can you get a grasp of a customer's concern if you aren't familiar with the vernacular they use?[/QUOTE]

Kmart doesn't care. They only care that they only have to pay her $5 an hour.

I wonder if there's going to be a website like that Wii Locator that existed for that launch for people who can't them get a Wii U Sunday.

Went to Walmart.

They don't have the Wii U's in but they said they will arrive on Saturday and that no matter what, they will not sell my consoles as I am holding for the holidays.

It will have my name and everything so I guess im okay.

[quote name='ral1121']Went to Walmart.

They don't have the Wii U's in but they said they will arrive on Saturday and that no matter what, they will not sell my consoles as I am holding for the holidays.

It will have my name and everything so I guess im okay.[/QUOTE]

i would never trust retail store to hold it for more then one day lol

[quote name='therealdanhill']I don't know what to do here. My KMart store says they have no system for me. KMart already took the money out of my Paypal, and neither them nor PP will give it back to me. I need to like, file a report somewhere, but where?[/QUOTE]
Even if one of them does give you your money back, it probably won't be reflected for a few days. That really sucks.

I'm starting to be doubtful that my Kmart will have a system for me either. What a load of crap.

I called my Gamestops and they said they would have them in. I pre-ordered one at two different Gamestops just in case of a shortage. Now to decide whether to keep mine or sell it. It looks like a cool system, but I honestly have no urgent need to use it right now.

[quote name='therealdanhill']I don't know what to do here. My KMart store says they have no system for me. KMart already took the money out of my Paypal, and neither them nor PP will give it back to me. I need to like, file a report somewhere, but where?[/QUOTE]

They don't have one for you as in...they're not receiving any at all, they just don't have any yet, or they won't pull one out of their allotment and put your name on it?

[quote name='gossamer']Deluxe from BB shipped today. Nephew will be happy. He saved all year to buy his own system.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome, good for your nephew! That will make the console all that more special for him. I remember when I bought a SNES with my own money, I was so proud of that systems.

WOW! the order I placed with Target this afternoon has been shipped!

Thank you to the person that alerted the Target bundle was available!

[quote name='Rockym']Well, just got this email from TRU:

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for shopping at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us!

We wanted to inform you that we have not yet received inventory on your Wii U Black Deluxe Set Hardwar pre-order which was expected in-store on November 18th, 2012. We will send you a follow-up email once this item is available and ready for pickup.

I wonder if that means that my store hasn't gotten any yet or that they don't have enough for all the preorders. Glad I have a preorder at Target as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheNight']Just got this email as well and was going to come in here to post it. Hoping this is just standard protocol on preorders and the Wii U systems aren't actually coming in until tomorrow to make sure to avoid any being sold early. Does anyone who works in any stores that are getting the Wii U know if they have come in yet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ckendal']I just got the same email from TRU.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CronO_O']Got the same thing[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheHammerGod']Argh, I just got an email that my Toys R Us preorder has been delayed. Damn it all.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dorkyden']the TRU email title was "Delays to your pre-order have been experienced" wtf[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nuttyturnip']I got the TRU "delayed" email, and I called over to the local store. They're still expecting to have them in stock on Sunday, so we'll see.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='El Rey']I preordered instore at TRU back on Sep 15 and got the email this morning saying my order had been delayed. So like an earlier poster suggested I called the store to see what was going on and the guy I spoke with said that the consoles are actually in store already and that I could come pick it up on Sunday. I am hoping they didn't oversell.
On a related note I went to Walmart at lunch and in the electronics section they had about five Wii U games out for sale already along with a ton of accessories - screen guards, nerf armor, etc. The only things not on the pegs were the pro controllers. I get the feeling these may be hard to find through Christmas so I plan on picking one up as soon as I see one. I remember after the Wii launch I had to search a bit for extra controllers and nunchuks.[/QUOTE]

The "Delays to your pre-order have been experienced" are only sent to those with in store pre orders.

The email is automatically generated if the store does not follow their pre sell program correctly.

Stores are to take their pre order items and scan them into a pre sell location. Once scanned into this location, the system will then start sending email to those saying your item will be ready to pick up on XX/XX. This could take up to 24 hours or so if stores are just getting deliveries today, it is possible you could still get this email this weekend.

You can call your store to make sure. Talk to the manager on duty, don't ask the first person that answers the phone(they probably won't know anything about it). Just tell them you got the delayed email and want to make sure the items are in stock.

[quote name='therealdanhill']lol called again, and was told "I cannot tell you the definite release date of this item, as we have to wait for more customers to order this item. There is no release date in the system". I was told to wait 24 hours for my order confirmation email, and to call back then, and was told it might take up to a week. The lady bearely even spoke English, so sick of this bullshit. How can you get a grasp of a customer's concern if you aren't familiar with the vernacular they use?[/QUOTE] Are yo talking to a manager or just an employee?

[quote name='musha666']Yes they do. Stop making up lies. For starters my Wii was delivered on the Saturday before it was launched from Amazon. Guess who delivered it? Yup, UPS. Its just a matter of if you paid for the more expensive shipping or not.[/QUOTE]

I chose the most expensive shipping option which was overnight. I can assure you that it costs extra for UPS to deliver on Saturdays and it's not gonna happen. Gamestop didn't pay extra so we can get systems a day early. They'll come on Monday.

Welp, a hearty fuck you to Target for not allowing me to use my freshly-approved Red Card to buy a Wii U today. Here's hoping they don't ruin my weekend totally.

[quote name='ProppaT']That's awesome, good for your nephew! That will make the console all that more special for him. I remember when I bought a SNES with my own money, I was so proud of that systems.[/QUOTE]

He won't have any games yet, but his birthday is in December to go along with Christmas. First systems I got on my own was trading in an NES with around 80 games for a SNES and a Genesis.

[quote name='maximumzero']They don't have one for you as in...they're not receiving any at all, they just don't have any yet, or they won't pull one out of their allotment and put your name on it?[/QUOTE]They said they have none with my name on it, and that they "couldn't" set one aside for me because my order info doesn't show up in their system.

Like, they really could set one aside if they wanted to, they just don't wanna lose a sale, I get that. Wish they'd be honest about it lol. Thing is, even if they did, I'd have to pay for it, which I can't do as Kmart has my money tied up. I hope I'm explaining it alright.

Basically, it's a situation where if a few people went out of their way just a tiny bit, it could be resolved, but nobody will. Talking to Kmart customer service is something I hope none of you have to go through, ever. It's like talking to a trampoline, everything you say and any blame is just bounced around.
[quote name='jcwkings']Are yo talking to a manager or just an employee?[/QUOTE]
I've talked to 2 managers from Kmart's customer service line, and 3 regular employees. Also, I spoke to the store manager for the store I placed the order with. Also a manager from Paypal, and I think 3 regular people. This is over the course of almost 24 hours.

[quote name='vtswordfish']Yeah I saw that people were getting orders shipped from Target already from today, hoping mine goes through soon too :)[/QUOTE]

Same here!

[quote name='vtswordfish']Yeah I saw that people were getting orders shipped from Target already from today, hoping mine goes through soon too :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I ordered an extra Deluxe Mario bundle from Target around 1030am today, and it's already shipped. Faster than I expected.

Did free shipping and 5% off from REDcard, plus 2% cash back from this rewards thing my wife uses. Will probably give the one I am getting from Best Buy to my brother for Christmas.

FYI some Targets seem like they are going to be real shady about the preorder cards

I went to a local target who still had 3 preorder cards left for the deluxe, i called my buddy who is looking to buy one to come get one of the cards, so he shows up and talks to the manager about whether they are going to hold the reserved consoles, the manager tells him that he will still need to line up because they sold more cards than merchandise available but that if hes on the line and theres only 1 left with 2 people ahead of him that he would get the last one

i think that is nuts to do it that way, those people who the manager would bypass would want to start a fight after standing in line. Thats going to be a major mess, idk whats so hard about reserving the amount of cards they sold.

Oh well i have my deluxe paid off at GS so i will be there sunday to get mine there. Hopefully nice and smooth.

[quote name='gossamer']He won't have any games yet, but his birthday is in December to go along with Christmas. First systems I got on my own was trading in an NES with around 80 games for a SNES and a Genesis.[/QUOTE]

well he has nintendo land and im sure they will have like demos he coulddownload

[quote name='henry00x']FYI some Targets seem like they are going to be real shady about the preorder cards

I went to a local target who still had 3 preorder cards left for the deluxe, i called my buddy who is looking to buy one to come get one of the cards, so he shows up and talks to the manager about whether they are going to hold the reserved consoles, the manager tells him that he will still need to line up because they sold more cards than merchandise available but that if hes on the line and theres only 1 left with 2 people ahead of him that he would get the last one

i think that is nuts to do it that way, those people who the manager would bypass would want to start a fight after standing in line. Thats going to be a major mess, idk whats so hard about reserving the amount of cards they sold.

Oh well i have my deluxe paid off at GS so i will be there sunday to get mine there. Hopefully nice and smooth.[/QUOTE]

I was of the impression every Target only receive 5 of each card set?

I preordered at TRU in store and got an email last night saying that my Deluxe will be ready for pickup on Sunday so I hope that goes according to plan. If not, I still have a basic at Gamestop as backup.

[quote name='henry00x']FYI some Targets seem like they are going to be real shady about the preorder cards

Oh well i have my deluxe paid off at GS so i will be there sunday to get mine there. Hopefully nice and smooth.[/QUOTE]

The Target I went to wasn't like that at all. I talked with a guy in electronics for a while who has been there for several launches, and he said they would definitely hold them for 7 days.

[quote name='Jewrye']I was of the impression every Target only receive 5 of each card set?[/QUOTE]

that was my understanding as well but apparently the manager at that store would like to see fights break out early sunday morning for his own entertainment if he proceeds with this method

however this story coincides with what i read earlier in the thread about the reserve cards being a "fast pass" sort of thing

[quote name='Jello1996']I preordered at TRU in store and got an email last night saying that my Deluxe will be ready for pickup on Sunday so I hope that goes according to plan. If not, I still have a basic at Gamestop as backup.[/QUOTE]

You will. This means your TRU is doing what they are supposed to do.

Just paid off mine at Gamestop, and have a bit of cash to spare. Cant wait till Sunday, now I just have to decide what 1 game I want to get with it.

*sigh*

Still no updates from my online TRU order. TRU is my backup order, my main order being from Gamestop, but I just don't trust anyone right now. I'd like some sort of concrete evidence I'll be getting a console at the very least sometime next week.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']well he has nintendo land and im sure they will have like demos he coulddownload[/QUOTE]

We figured the system would be the hardest to get. Now that it is out of the way, the games will come in time.

Apparently KMart is useless. Does anyone have a spare preorder in New Jersey? I honestly am not interested in paying too much extra money, mostly a CAG member looking to help another out.

[quote name='maximumzero']So uh...a order confirmation from KMart just showed up in my inbox.

Cool beans.[/QUOTE]

Nice dude, still nothing for me, haha.

[quote name='Bazz']My Target order still hasn't shipped.[/QUOTE]

Mine hasn't either, I'm not too concerned it looks like they're working through them, sounds like they sold exactly what they had on hand judging by how they did it.

[quote name='maximumzero']So uh...a order confirmation from KMart just showed up in my inbox.

Cool beans.[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely follow-up with the store to make sure they have one set aside for you, sounds like that whole pick-up thing was a giant clusterfuck

Not to mention both CS's I talked to today seemed fairly confident they wouldn't be honored. Who knows though, kmart is hit or miss hah

Cool beans.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! I haven't gotten one yet, but that gives me hope!

[quote name='vtswordfish']I'd definitely follow-up with the store to make sure they have one set aside for you, sounds like that whole pick-up thing was a giant clusterfuck

Not to mention both CS's I talked to today seemed fairly confident they wouldn't be honored. Who knows though, kmart is hit or miss hah[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I printed the e-mail and I'll be stopping in on the way home to see what's the dealio.

[quote name='prim4444']You will. This means your TRU is doing what they are supposed to do.[/QUOTE]

Nice. :applause::bouncy: Hurry up Sunday! (not used to that way of thinking on a Friday night)

Cool beans.[/QUOTE]
bloody hell. mine too. well, if all does go smoothly from this point, I apologize for posts I made that would be rendered pointless. I still say however, even if this does go through, I ain't shopping there again lol

[quote name='Esmith08']Apparently KMart is useless. Does anyone have a spare preorder in New Jersey? I honestly am not interested in paying too much extra money, mostly a CAG member looking to help another out.[/QUOTE]

i have a spare reserve card for the basic unit at target edgewater, nj if you are interested and live close, pm me

[quote name='Esmith08']Apparently KMart is useless. Does anyone have a spare preorder in New Jersey? I honestly am not interested in paying too much extra money, mostly a CAG member looking to help another out.[/QUOTE]
I have two deluxe preorders, I did that in case one failed.

Where do you live?

Man, now you have me paranoid. Even though I have a pre-order card, I wonder if showing up at 7:30 (30 minutes before open at 8:00) will be enough lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back