Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Esmith08']Just called KMart. They have no online pickups and, according to them, they have like 5 and it's first come, first serve. That's so lame.[/QUOTE] that's how it should be. if you want one so badly, go to the store and get it. lazy people are lame.

[quote name='jcwkings']that's how it should be. if you want one so badly, go to the store and get it. lazy people are lame.[/QUOTE]
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Do you happen to know anything about preorders that were done online for instore pickup? I'm guessing those are coming in another shipment that is separate from the instore inventory?[/QUOTE]

If video games are any indication, the online orders that are done with in-store pickup are sent with the regular orders. Even though they send more than enough video games usually.

So if I had to guess, the in-store inventory and in-store pickup inventory is the same. When they get to the store they put all online and in-store pre-orders to the side.

Why should it be like that? I ordered it online through a store that claimed that they have them in stock. If KMart doesn't take in-store preorders, isn't this the next best thing?

[quote name='mBucket']Man, now you have me paranoid. Even though I have a pre-order card, I wonder if showing up at 7:30 (30 minutes before open at 8:00) will be enough lol[/QUOTE]

i would go and speak with store manager at the store you reserved tomorrow

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i would never trust retail store to hold it for more then one day lol[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I always go pick my pre-orders up as soon as possible for this reason, particularly if it is something that is going to be hard to come by. So many in retail are underpaid, and treated as replaceable cattle.

I remember back when I worked in an Electronics Boutique back in college when Super Star Wars came out. Pre-orders were a new thing back then, and there wasn't a strict policy set up yet. I had a cute girl come up and ask for it, so I pulled one out from under the counter for her, and sold it with a smile. The store never treated us like anything other than a number, so why care? Turns out, the guy who reserved it, about my age - a decent guy, came in about an hour later looking for his game, and he was told we didn't have it. I ended up feeling bad so I took another one and sold him that one. I was lucky and the other person never showed up for it. But, to this day, almost twenty years later, I still regret doing it.

Moral of the story is, show up as soon as you can to get your pre-orders. Don't depend on an employee not making a mistake, and it isn't always out of being mean. I just make sure I limit the opportunity to be the victim of that situation, knowing that even I myself have made the mistake before. Of course, over time I have had some pre-orders go sour on me when I show up later on in the day, I guess it's karma. I'll be at the store first thing when they open Sunday, they have one with my name on it - I want to make sure my sons have it under the tree this year.

[quote name='maximumzero']
l9P54.jpg

(Knocked out all the sensitive information, obviously.)[/QUOTE]

You should call your KMart and verify with them that they have a console set aside for you.

[quote name='JUSTSULTAN']On my way to Wallyworld to see how everything is looking[/QUOTE]

this kind of made me lol. it's like your going to go watch a battle during the civil war lol. but yes tell us how it's looking.

What a ridiculous sytem KMart has. I bet they're going to have A LOT of pissed off people at customer service this weekend. Honestly, I am not too upset because it's just a video game console, but it does suck being jerked around like this.

[quote name='henry00x']im surprised at how kmart is still even in business[/QUOTE]

Because they have Sears propping them up. Kenmore and Craftsman still hold a lot of water with the older crowd. My wife loves Land's End too, she jokes about them being her "best friend" with all the emails they send her. Checking out their Saturday On the Table specials is her weekly obsession.

[quote name='TURDGAMER']I did not say it was a smart thing to do but I did it.

I am 38 I do not know what ports or shuffle ware are because I am out of touch with the language.[/QUOTE]

Again with the shuffle ware! Dude, it's shovelware. Examples: Ninjabread Man, Chicken Shoot. Ports are games that are made for one console and essentially copy+pasted to another console.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Boo this man! BOO THIS MAN![/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']well parden me don't be a ASS about it[/QUOTE]

He wasn't being an ass at all. Chill out, kimosabe.

[quote name='CHADSTONe']ROFL @ shuffle ware. I honestly thought I had it wrong this whole time. Timbo, dude wasn't being an ass by correcting you bro. The funniest part is the guy who ordered 17 games is the guy that started the "shuffle ware" talk then said "I dunno what shuffle ware is!" From this moment on shovelware will be known as shuffle ware![/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='cigaro']A lot of people worrying about not getting their games.... my Best Buy had all the Wii U games out to purchase on Wednesday.... I dont get this fascination of online shopping when you can drive two minutes and things are in a store. I know not everyone is by a big store, but a lot of people are just lazy[/QUOTE]

I do not choose where I pre-order because i'm lazy. I pre-order where I get the best deal. Hence why I used Newegg's coupon codes. I did pre-order NSMBU in store with my console because I want that day one.

[quote name='jcwkings']So K-mart opens at 8, what time should I get there, just to be sure I get a Wii U.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Justin42']Go now.[/QUOTE]

Justin, if you were joking, you accidentally told the truth.

[quote name='Smashbro29']The lack of midnight launches is disheartening.[/QUOTE]

I know, wtf Gamestop? Really a midnight launch for Duke Nukem Forever and not this? (disclaimer: i'm one of 10 people who actually liked DNF).

Oh, and some happy news for me: My GS called me today--not even a recording but a real person--letting me know my pre-order is ready to be picked up on Sunday! Woot!

[quote name='defpally']Because they have Sears propping them up. Kenmore and Craftsman still hold a lot of water with the older crowd. My wife loves Land's End too, she jokes about them being her "best friend" with all the emails they send her. Checking out their Saturday On the Table specials is her weekly obsession.[/QUOTE]

most kmart stores are closing i know mine is soon

[quote name='henry00x']i cannot wait for sunday to read the stories on here[/QUOTE]

It'll probably only be the bad experiences too. The good experiences will be playing Wii U ... :)

You know the old "word of mouth" rule. If someone is happy with their service they tell only a couple people, if they are unhappy they tell a dozen.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I know, wtf Gamestop? Really a midnight launch for Duke Nukem Forever and not this? (disclaimer: i'm one of 10 people who actually liked DNF).[/QUOTE]

The other 9 work at Gearbox.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I know, wtf Gamestop? Really a midnight launch for Duke Nukem Forever and not this? (disclaimer: i'm one of 10 people who actually liked DNF).[/QUOTE]

lol HELLO BROTHER, let us clank our Balls of Steel, for we are teh chosen few

I'm actually glad there's no midnight launch in my neck of the woods given the neighborhood around my GS. Plus I'll be tired as shit.

Anybody here have Wii U games pre-ordered at Newegg? Have any of yours shipped yet?

Mine are still "pre-order pending". Pisses me off that 3 of my launch games don't appear to be shipping until next week.

Good thing I didn't pre-order all of my "day 1" games at Newegg, for fear of this very scenario happening.

gamestop has had tons of midnight opens last couple of weeks which means more hours for workers im sure they ahd to pick and choose which ones they did midnight for and im sure they wanted to do major games that gets 200 people compared to the people for wii u when they will only have couple systems after preorders

[quote name='KingXtreme81']Anybody here have Wii U games pre-ordered at Newegg? Have any of yours shipped yet?

Mine are still "pre-order pending". Pisses me off that 3 of my launch games don't appear to be shipping until next week.

Good thing I didn't pre-order all of my "day 1" games at Newegg, for fear of this very scenario happening.[/QUOTE]

Same for my newegg orders. Although I notice the release date of some Wii U games (such as mario) moved to 11/17, so maybe they will ship tomorrow. Still, i was hopeful they'd go out today :( OH well.

[quote name='KanYozakura']lol HELLO BROTHER, let us clank our Balls of Steel, for we are teh chosen few

I'm actually glad there's no midnight launch in my neck of the woods given the neighborhood around my GS. Plus I'll be tired as shit.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tcbys']I liked Duke Nukem Forever[/QUOTE]

a-toast-to-you-79674133038.jpeg

My Best Buy said they haven't gotten Wii Us in yet, but they should be receiving them shortly. The lady I spoke with assured me that I'll be getting mine Sunday. But she said that Nintendo has told them that they will only have enough to cover pre-orders.

[quote name='Katsumi']Same for my newegg orders. Although I notice the release date of some Wii U games (such as mario) moved to 11/17, so maybe they will ship tomorrow. Still, i was hopeful they'd go out today :( OH well.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, didn't even notice that they changed the release dates to 11/17. Must have happened within the last couple of hours because they were 11/18 this morning.

Doubtful that they ship tomorrow. I'm pretty sure Newegg only ships on business days. Their system might generate a tracking number, but I doubt they'd leave the facility until Monday.

Here's hoping, though.

Good luck to us all.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I have two deluxe preorders, I did that in case one failed.

Where do you live?[/QUOTE]

I live near Toms River. Where are you located?

man im worried im the guy that bought a few of these just to get 1. I ordered these back in October 1st and 2nd day
status so far:
target 1- in process
walmart.com 1- in process which is BS i put a overnight ship on this one
best buy 2- in process
kmart1 - got that confirm email they are working on it
gamestop1 in person- everythings cool paid it off , getting this sunday.
This is disappointing to say the least. Before u call me a douche flipper one of these was for a raffle for my teammate a woman who has breast cancer age 26 so i donated one for the cause.

[quote name='rckola911']man im worried im the guy that bought a few of these just to get 1. I ordered these back in October 1st and 2nd day
status so far:
target 1- in process
best buy 2- in process
This is disappointing to say the least. Before u call me a douche flipper one of these was for a raffle for my teammate a woman who has breast cancer age 26 so i donated one for the cause.[/QUOTE]

I hope you get at least yours and the charity one. A raffle for one of these around now would sell a damn ton of tickets for the cause.

[quote name='KingXtreme81']Anybody here have Wii U games pre-ordered at Newegg? Have any of yours shipped yet?

Good thing I didn't pre-order all of my "day 1" games at Newegg, for fear of this very scenario happening.[/QUOTE]

I have and they are in the same pending state as yours. I guess it will be ok to save $12-$22 per game to wait a few days to play. The only thing that worries me is the release date for the pro controller is listed as 12/31 now.

[quote name='rckola911']man im worried im the guy that bought a few of these just to get 1. I ordered these back in October 1st and 2nd day
status so far:
target 1- in process
best buy 2- in process
This is disappointing to say the least. Before u call me a douche flipper one of these was for a raffle for my teammate a woman who has breast cancer age 26 so i donated one for the cause.[/QUOTE]

no offense why would you even order all those gamestop is pretty reliable on their preorders just saying and could onder stand one but best buy is also pretty realiable for pre orders seems to be you were looking to make a quick buck no offense. If that is not the case you would take them to the stores and return them

[quote name='kitsunisan']Boo this man! BOO THIS MAN![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Drclaw411']I hope you get at least yours and the charity one. A raffle for one of these around now would sell a damn ton of tickets for the cause.[/QUOTE]
yeah a lucky guy won he paid 10 dollars for the raffle ticket , he has 2 kids and a wife and lives paycheck to paycheck so I will def make sure he gets mine if anything.
icon14.gif
icon10.gif

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']no offense why would you even order all those gamestop is pretty reliable on their preorders just saying and could onder stand one but best buy is also pretty realiable for pre orders seems to be you were looking to make a quick buck no offense. If that is not the case you would take them to the stores and return them[/QUOTE]
well i i know what you mean, since i gave up a deluxe for the raffle im not really making any money on any of them, any profit i make would just go to cover the cost of the donated one. At this point im not sure how much supposed money someone will make on these. Im hoping at least 50 per unit which really is nothing. Your right about gamestop i did my 360 from there when it came out, im just paranoid cant blame me look at all the worried caggers here. Preorders dont mean anything these days anymore.
icon9.gif

Yeah i work with a team of about 20 people and no one gave more than 10 dollars to this poor girl, so after that shitty donation i anonymously donated a wii u to help, Cancer at age 26 is nothing to scoff at. Im really dissapointed in my company for not helping her.

[quote name='rckola911']yeah a lucky guy won he paid 10 dollars for the raffle ticket , he has 2 kids and a wife and lives paycheck to paycheck so I will def make sure he gets mine if anything.
icon14.gif
icon10.gif
[/QUOTE]

Hurray for good causes! Lot better to see more of this than people complaining

So i just got an email from target. apparently they shipped my deluxe wii u+ mario today. I made the order at 1:20 today. They had originally said my order was delayed. Have a tracking number and everything. Seems legit.
Will post once the tracker updates

[quote name='rckola911']well i i know what you mean, since i gave up a deluxe for the raffle im not really making any money on any of them, any profit i make would just go to cover the cost of the donated one. At this point im not sure how much supposed money someone will make on these. Im hoping at least 50 per unit which really is nothing. Your right about gamestop i did my 360 from there when it came out, im just paranoid cant blame me look at all the worried caggers here. Preorders dont mean anything these days anymore.
icon9.gif

Yeah i work with a team of about 20 people and no one gave more than 10 dollars to this poor girl, so after that shitty donation i anonymously donated a wii u to help, Cancer at age 26 is nothing to scoff at. Im really dissapointed in my company for not helping her.[/QUOTE]

your a good person this world needs more like you. I'm sorry if it made sound like i was bashing you

[quote name='soxxx']KK thanks I preorder a pro controller, but their release date changed to December 31st. So if they dont ship it by tuesday im cancelling and just buying it elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know whether or not New Egg has pushed the date for the Pro Controller back for ALL preorders, or just if you order it now?

[quote name='bigsick']Looks like frys.com changed my status of my deluxe to processing order instead of back order. that's a good sign.[/QUOTE]

When did you order? What shipping method did you use?

I ordered from frys.com Sep 15th, my order status still hasn't changed.

My brother just texted me saying that someone near his town gave him their preorder at a Gamestop. Deluxe console, too. Pretty sweet/fortunate.

UGH.

Ordered deluxe edition on 11/8 from Target.com. Been waiting for a shipping confirmation all day. I have my order # and info, but now when I try to access it it says 'currently unable to display your order.'

Paid for Premium shipping, was scheduled to be here 11/19.

Really, really nervous about this.

just paid off my pre ordered wii u & mario at gamestop. they have them in the back. but can't let them go yet. :0(
then i walked across the street to best buy & asked about there's & same thing. good times.

Actually kinda shocked/impressed the WalMart in porter ranch called me to say I could pick mine up at 9:30 am on Sunday. Was hoping for midnight but more drinking time I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back