Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nekobi']I'm hoping they go out tonight. I paid for overnight shipping (Next Day Air) so we'll see. *fingers crossed*[/QUOTE]

So funny stereotypical gamer nerds would rather pay tons for shipping than go...... Outside. lol Go to a midnight launch at a 24hour store and you can still avoid the sun. ;)

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']Hello Everyone,

I must say this system is incredible! I just got mine yesterday. I would have posted then but I could not stop playing long enough to do so!

The controller is ever lighter and nicer without the game stop cord and the sound from it is crystal clear. Also for those of you with surround sound, in Nintendo land it sort of blends in by playing on the off beats of your speakers making for a cool 3D sound effect.

The new mode added to the Mii maker part is cool.

Donkey Kong crash course is a new game with retro awesomeness!

...about the stock. My "major retailer" (sorry do not want to get my store in trouble for breaking the street day which I am appreciative of!) told me that they had over 10 pre orders and got in way less than that- eight I believe and some were white, some were black. The said they may get in more on Saturday though and did not know... could be a sign of a shortage....

Funny thing though...I noticed after we got back with them that they were in a box labeled do not sell until 11/18/12 LOL.

Now back to playing!

[/QUOTE]

Quick! Someone Exif!

Bad news for anyone hoping to get ZombiU at Toys R Us. I don't think we are going to carry it. My store never received copies of the game, and I couldn't even find it in the system. It is possible some stores might get some, but more then likely not. Sucks for me because I wanted to get that with the sale next week.

Question for everybody, what's another game that seems pretty good? I'm going to get Mario and Scibblenauts and ZombiU, but I'm thinking of getting another one. Nothing that is other consoles as well, I have most of those already.

Well, that was quick. My Newegg bundle was already verified and is in the packaging stages, even though I picked 3-day shipping. Gotta love Newegg.

Also just got off the phone with a Kmart rep and was able to cancel my in-store-pickup order. Aside from a few minutes of "can you hold please?" it went by without a hitch. The rep filled out the cancellation form and my card, if it ever gets charged (hasn't yet), will be refunded within 7-10 days.

[quote name='bigant262']Bad news for anyone hoping to get ZombiU at Toys R Us. I don't think we are going to carry it. My store never received copies of the game, and I couldn't even find it in the system. It is possible some stores might get some, but more then likely not. Sucks for me because I wanted to get that with the sale next week.

Question for everybody, what's another game that seems pretty good? I'm going to get Mario and Scibblenauts and ZombiU, but I'm thinking of getting another one. Nothing that is other consoles as well, I have most of those already.[/QUOTE]

bummer, my store got at least a dozen copies.

Congratulations to those who are going the Newegg route. I learned a while back that Newegg was reliable as hell with this type of thing. Back when Littlebigplanet got recalled for a couple weeks the day it was supposed to come out because of an offensive-to-Muslims song being included (they recalled it to take the song out of the game), I immediately check Newegg. It hadn't been pulled yet. I ordered a copy for next day shipping. It shipped, and I had my copy. I paid about $13 more than I would have to get it and I still don't regret it. I had a fucking blast playing that game. Still one of my favorites of this generation.

Also, I edited the front page to reflect the Newegg bundle.

[quote name='Ninjaharley']So my local Best buy guy has told me, They have 80 systems and only 20-30 preorders and 3 times as many deluxe as they do basic model.

Scaplers might be SOL[/QUOTE]

Scaplers are screwed.

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']Hello Everyone,

I must say this system is incredible! I just got mine yesterday. I would have posted then but I could not stop playing long enough to do so!

The controller is ever lighter and nicer without the game stop cord and the sound from it is crystal clear. Also for those of you with surround sound, in Nintendo land it sort of blends in by playing on the off beats of your speakers making for a cool 3D sound effect.

The new mode added to the Mii maker part is cool.

Donkey Kong crash course is a new game with retro awesomeness!

...about the stock. My "major retailer" (sorry do not want to get my store in trouble for breaking the street day which I am appreciative of!) told me that they had over 10 pre orders and got in way less than that- eight I believe and some were white, some were black. The said they may get in more on Saturday though and did not know... could be a sign of a shortage....

Funny thing though...I noticed after we got back with them that they were in a box labeled do not sell until 11/18/12 LOL.

Now back to playing!

[/QUOTE]

Not trying to call you a liar or anything, but I doubt you actually got the system. Did you order 4 systems? Because there are 2 systems in each box. I think you just work at a retail store and took pictures of the boxes. Why not just post pictures of the actual system out of the box?

I hate my credit card company. Every time I make a large purchase they lock my account and decline the payment so I have to call them and tell them I'm making the purchase, ugh. I hope Newegg doesn't take the bundle out of my order. I JUST WANT A WIIU DAMMIT!

[quote name='urbanstar1']So weirdly enough the eshop icon appeared when I started my console today. Odd because the system update hasn't been pushed out yet. That being said the store is currently unpopulated.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps it automatically updated overnight?

[quote name='prim4444']bummer, my store got at least a dozen copies.[/QUOTE]

Do you work in a Toys R us? I just checked, and it is not listed on the website.

[quote name='prim4444']bummer, my store got at least a dozen copies.[/QUOTE]

Would you mind PM the item number if you can before Sunday? Or store transfer for me bro? Haha, just kidding about the store transfer, that would take forever.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I want to talk about veteran benefits, Saturday shipping, and other people's finances...have I come to the right place?[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about how people who ordered online are lazy as a talking point :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anybody actually pre-order at Staples? I just added it to the OP for reference (both models sold out). I wonder how their pre-orders will go.

[quote name='bigant262']Not trying to call you a liar or anything, but I doubt you actually got the system. Did you order 4 systems? Because there are 2 systems in each box. I think you just work at a retail store and took pictures of the boxes. Why not just post pictures of the actual system out of the box?[/QUOTE]

I actually did get 4- one for my house and one for her house. 2 as presents.

Here is a shot of it when I opened it up. I just thought it was funny seeing the orange sticker lol.

On a side note it will not let me update my system- it says it needs an update when I click the center icon, but then after checking it says my system is up to date. Maybe I should call Nintendo tech support and tell them I am having issues lol!

oh yeah, for people that were considering a screen protector- I though that it would have some sort of plastic on the screen already, like when you get a new cell phone, and that I would just use that. It did not, so you might want to get a protector ASAP if you want it.

I'm also getting Sonic Racing. Is TRU getting this game? What day?

The other launch title I wanted was Lego City. It looks like it's been pushed back a bit, but the GS guy was telling me March! Can you confirm?

[quote name='bigant262']Bad news for anyone hoping to get ZombiU at Toys R Us. I don't think we are going to carry it. My store never received copies of the game, and I couldn't even find it in the system. It is possible some stores might get some, but more then likely not. Sucks for me because I wanted to get that with the sale next week.

Question for everybody, what's another game that seems pretty good? I'm going to get Mario and Scibblenauts and ZombiU, but I'm thinking of getting another one. Nothing that is other consoles as well, I have most of those already.[/QUOTE]

I took the New Egg offer, hook line and sinker. I was going to get Mario and Zombi anyway. Plus New Egg preferred account = 12 months no interest / no tax. I can live with that.

Any chance BB might deliver packages tomorrow (Sat)? All of my orders are completed and shipped.I have a feeling for games shouldn't be a problem but console... nuh-uh.

[quote name='soonersfan60']I'm also getting Sonic Racing. Is TRU getting this game? What day?

The other launch title I wanted was Lego City. It looks like it's been pushed back a bit, but the GS guy was telling me March! Can you confirm?[/QUOTE]
man thats one game i want for sure its suppposed to be badace. i have a kmart 15 off coupon hope i can score it for cheap, I missed when newegg had a 10 dollar off for it.

[quote name='rckola911']man i would bit on cod but i heard the wii u version is missing all kinds of stuff vs the 360 and ps3. Kind of a shame,. Im also hoping that rockstart puts out gta 5, i heard the lead guy doesnt like the wii so they not even pursue it. kind of makes me upset.[/QUOTE]

GTA 5 IS NOT COMING to wii U it would have been listed in preorder poster it's only for xbox and ps3

[quote name='soonersfan60']I'm also getting Sonic Racing. Is TRU getting this game? What day?

The other launch title I wanted was Lego City. It looks like it's been pushed back a bit, but the GS guy was telling me March! Can you confirm?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I saw Sonic Racing at my store for Sunday.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']GTA 5 IS NOT COMING to wii U it would have been listed in preorder poster it's only for xbox and ps3[/QUOTE]

That's CRAZY to me. I wonder who's responsible for this.

Yea, we are getting Sonic, I'm not too sure if it comes out Sunday or Tuesday though. The website says Tuesday, so I'll just go with that. No clue about Lego City, I know its not a launch title.

Everybody seems to have been getting Kmart confirmation e-mails this evening, but I didn't because Kmart's online system dropped the "+" in my e-mail address.

I just created a new Google account that omits the plus in case they ever decide to send me anything. And I'm doubtful about that.

Why oh why couldn't I have just waited another day and gotten a bundle from Target or Newegg?

I just got an email from target that says to view order status click "view order details below." I didn't ask for an order status so I thought it might be good news. I clicked the link and it says "currently unable to display your order."

[quote name='tightclaws']I should have waited for newegg no tax free shipping grrrrr I would have saved 60 for a game.[/QUOTE]

They're charging for shipping!

Saw on ign today that many of the streaming features as well as TVii are now delayed. Bummed but its probably about millions of people trying to implement a mandatory day one update. Could be a mess.

[quote name='rckola911']man i would bit on cod but i heard the wii u version is missing all kinds of stuff vs the 360 and ps3. Kind of a shame,. Im also hoping that rockstart puts out gta 5, i heard the lead guy doesnt like the wii so they not even pursue it. kind of makes me upset.[/QUOTE]

im not even sure wii U will be getting dlc. cod people came out and said wii U still don't have the greatest online system to do much dlc.

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']I actually did get 4- one for my house and one for her house. 2 as presents.

Here is a shot of it when I opened it up. I just thought it was funny seeing the orange sticker lol.

On a side note it will not let me update my system- it says it needs an update when I click the center icon, but then after checking it says my system is up to date. Maybe I should call Nintendo tech support and tell them I am having issues lol!

oh yeah, for people that were considering a screen protector- I though that it would have some sort of plastic on the screen already, like when you get a new cell phone, and that I would just use that. It did not, so you might want to get a protector ASAP if you want it.[/QUOTE]

Ah, makes more sense now. lol. Did you get all Deluxe consoles?

[quote name='tightclaws']I should have waited for newegg no tax free shipping grrrrr I would have saved 60 for a game.[/QUOTE]
This tells me that there are going to plenty of these, Newegg never sells launch hardware unless there a lot in the wild.

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']whats an Exif?[/QUOTE]

Supplementary data embedded in pictures that keeps track of camera info, settings, time/date, and sometimes location.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']That's CRAZY to me. I wonder who's responsible for this.[/QUOTE]

nintendo. nintendo has had rockstar games in the past but not GTA.

[quote name='czissis']Supplementary data embedded in pictures that keeps track of camera info, settings, time/date, and sometimes location.[/QUOTE]

learn something new everyday....did that show up in mine? I had to resize in photoshop (max res was to big to upload)so I am curious if that takes it out or leaves it in...

[quote name='jedi0077']Saw on ign today that many of the streaming features as well as TVii are now delayed. Bummed but its probably about millions of people trying to implement a mandatory day one update. Could be a mess.[/QUOTE]

i was told y a friend that all the aps are on the system but the servers are not up. I would think by mid december they should be working.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']Everybody seems to have been getting Kmart confirmation e-mails this evening, but I didn't because Kmart's online system dropped the "+" in my e-mail address.

I just created a new Google account that omits the plus in case they ever decide to send me anything. And I'm doubtful about that.

Why oh why couldn't I have just waited another day and gotten a bundle from Target or Newegg?[/QUOTE]My email actually showed twice, like this: [email protected]@gmail.com. I know for sure I didn't do that when I placed the order, it's something they screwed up.

Can we get a confirmation that any system have been set aside for any KMart store pickup preorders made yesterday? Has anyone called the store they ordered from? It's great that I got a confirmation finally, but if it comes down to it, are they going to sacrifice a launch to fulfill all the preorders? Know what I mean?

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']nintendo. nintendo has had rockstar games in the past but not GTA.[/QUOTE]

Well, shit. Just when you think, "YES, this time Nintendo joining the big boy's club!", they shit the bed.

Well, dropped by KMart but the woman at customer service doesn't know how to operate the in store pickup system so it's just hoping for the best at this point.

well i really hope there are alot of these out there in the wild, of the 6 i bought,
1 for me
2 for guy for charity
3 one for nephew maby "kids dont treat it with respect though"
for the other 3 i will simply return them assuming best buy , target and walmart get off their ass and ship the systems that is. At this rate i may just cancel them tommorow i dont hear anything. Im already prepared to call discover and dispute me paying overnight shipping at the walmart.com for mine.

[quote name='bigant262']Ah, makes more sense now. lol. Did you get all Deluxe consoles?[/QUOTE]

yeah, we ordered the deluxe ones.... the cradle is bad ass by the way. The controller just plops on it. What I mean is you do not have to line anything up or plug anything into that slot on the bottom, literally you just set it down and it is good.

[quote name='tightclaws']This tells me that there are going to plenty of these, Newegg never sells launch hardware unless there a lot in the wild.[/QUOTE]

the amount of places to get systems and kmart getting a system is telling me that nintendo has a decent supply of these systems. If they knew there would be a shortage i don't think this smaller stores and places like new egg would get enough to do pre orders.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Well, shit. Just when you think, "YES, this time Nintendo joining the big boy's club!", they shit the bed.[/QUOTE]
The wii had manhunt 2 from rockstar and it was really crap. THey made rockstar edit every damn thing in that game. It wasnt until years later i got it on a pc digital gaming website that had a real version that had the blood and everything. Im pretty sure nintendo "gets it" now that there are older gamers that want this. However with rockstar having to do all that crap no wonder it made them pissed. So im sure i will be getting gta 5 on pc whenever IF ever it comes out.

[quote name='mastere333']I just got an email from target that says to view order status click "view order details below." I didn't ask for an order status so I thought it might be good news. I clicked the link and it says "currently unable to display your order."[/QUOTE]

Something is seriously wrong with their system. Been giving me these errors for the last four hours.

[quote name='jedi0077']Saw on ign today that many of the streaming features as well as TVii are now delayed. Bummed but its probably about millions of people trying to implement a mandatory day one update. Could be a mess.[/QUOTE]

Dont worry dude. Mine works and plays no problem. It does not bug you to update unless you press the center button. If you do that it says you need an update but then after connecting online says you are up to date. I have no problem playing Nintendo land whatsoever. I can not tell you if other games will have an issue because I have not been able to find zombie u or SMB in store for sale yet.

...and where are people getting this 15.00 coupon for Kmart at?

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']Dont worry dude. Mine works and plays no problem. It does not bug you to update unless you press the center button. If you do that it says you need an update but then after connecting online says you are up to date. I have no problem playing Nintendo land whatsoever. I can not tell you if other games will have an issue because I have not been able to find zombie u or SMB in store for sale yet.

...and where are people getting this 15.00 coupon for Kmart at?[/QUOTE]
Theres a kmart thread on the front page about it, basiclly in a nut shell you buy some clearance games at kmart for 5 bucks or so, and the recipt prints a 15 off coupon for any game good till 12/8, so i am hoping my kmart gets wii u games in by then , that will basiclly be as good as the newegg 12 off offer or close.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']plus i don't think nintendo will ever have a gta on their system. They will not push that far into violence games[/QUOTE]

Chinatown Wars? It is my favorite GTA game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back