Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rckola911']Theres a kmart thread on the front page about it, basiclly in a nut shell you buy some clearance games at kmart for 5 bucks or so, and the recipt prints a 15 off coupon for any game good till 12/8, so i am hoping my kmart gets wii u games in by then , that will basiclly be as good as the newegg 12 off offer or close.[/QUOTE]

But how are you saving any money if you are buying clearance games just for the coupon?

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']the amount of places to get systems and kmart getting a system is telling me that nintendo has a decent supply of these systems. If they knew there would be a shortage i don't think this smaller stores and places like new egg would get enough to do pre orders.[/QUOTE]

I would love to say I agree, but, remember, Newegg never took pre orders. They may have just had a similar idea as scalpers and said lets wait until just before launch, when everyone else is sold out, and put up our bundle to sell a ton of games

If they had tons of these systems and were not trying to take advantage of the situation then they would have the consoles alone. They don't though.

I am not upset at Newegg about this. I think it is clever. I just do not think that this means there is a ton of supply. I think it means that they got what they could from Nintendo and just waited so they could sell systems with games (at full price) versus just systems like most other stores.

Again, the place I got mine said they received way less than they were supposed too. ...although people on this forum said stores were saying they got in more.

Who knows for sure. We will find out in a few weeks. If I were still looking or a betting man though, I would say snatch up the Newegg one now and sell any games you don't want though because it really looks like a shortage too me. ...better safe than sorry...

I feel like I am the only one that is going to try to camp out at a Target/walmart to get one of these. I missed pre orders and want the deluxe model. I call my local target they said theyd have 4 or more deluxe for sale sunday so planning on going to Target at about 10-11am and staying outside most of the day :) Glad I got a DS charged and ready to go. lol

[quote name='steve_dave']But how are you saving any money if you are buying clearance games just for the coupon?[/QUOTE]
well u can actually keep the coupon its seperate from the recipt or u can trade the games in at best buy for about what u paid for them. I swear caggers are some of the cheapest asses ive ever seen. THis website suprises me all the time lol. I plan to return my 3 pack of junk games in a few days get my money back
icon12.gif

[quote name='steve_dave']But how are you saving any money if you are buying clearance games just for the coupon?[/QUOTE]

damn good point - unless people are thinking they will buy the game, get the coupon, return the clearance title, and still use the coupon. But I do not think that KMART system lets people do that ...could be wrong though...

[quote name='rckola911']Theres a kmart thread on the front page about it, basiclly in a nut shell you buy some clearance games at kmart for 5 bucks or so, and the recipt prints a 15 off coupon for any game good till 12/8, so i am hoping my kmart gets wii u games in by then , that will basiclly be as good as the newegg 12 off offer or close.[/QUOTE]

thank you

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']yeah, we ordered the deluxe ones.... the cradle is bad ass by the way. The controller just plops on it. What I mean is you do not have to line anything up or plug anything into that slot on the bottom, literally you just set it down and it is good.[/QUOTE]

Thats awesome. So its kind of like those wireless battery charger things for phones? I don't remember what they are called. Does the controller get fingerprints easily?

[quote name='steve_dave']But how are you saving any money if you are buying clearance games just for the coupon?[/QUOTE]We are through the looking glass, ladies and gentlemen.

fucking Target. My order from a month ago still hasn't shipped yet it seems like everyone who ordered today is already seeing theirs ship. Terrific.

[quote name='Bakes']fucking Target. My order from a month ago still hasn't shipped yet it seems like everyone who ordered today is already seeing theirs ship. Terrific.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what's going on with them. When I spoke with them via the phone earlier, they made it clear to me that their system is out of whack. Something is definitely wrong, but fingers crossed that it will right itself by tomorrow.

Because you spend $5 for $15 off plus a game (that mostly likely you don't want). haha but you can still try to sell it off or trade it in. I'd advise against returning it. I think penny games worked too.
Well it's all meaningless anyways because it's no longer working. :D

[quote name='bigant262']Thats awesome. So its kind of like those wireless battery charger things for phones? I don't remember what they are called. Does the controller get fingerprints easily?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, kind of like that. It is not magnetic and just plops in and out. It is pretty cool. I would love it if my ps3 had something similar.

The controller is not to bad for fingerprints...although I have been treating it real gentle, lol. It is shiny smooth plastic though so one of those microfiber cloths for glasses would probably work

I'm leaning toward the shortage as well, just because Kmart got them doesn't really mean a lot, sounds like the ones around here were lucky if they got 2-4 systems, and they weren't even sure they'd get that many. Newegg was smart to hold out and make them bills though, I'm sure that was calculated on their part. Does seem these are easier to come by than the Wii was at launch though, but that's probably just me.

[quote name='Bakes']fucking Target. My order from a month ago still hasn't shipped yet it seems like everyone who ordered today is already seeing theirs ship. Terrific.[/QUOTE]
yeah i got mine in october to 1st day and yeah they seem to give priority to those who ordered today wtf. So target is a def fail in my book not cool at all. I also remember a time i bought rocky the blu ray colletion from them and it was backordered for 2 months! Dont think i will order anything from them again online at least in the future.

fuck you Frys:

Dear Frys.com Customer, Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, we have been unable to obtain sufficient quantities of the Nintendo Wii U Console to fulfill your order at this time. Therefore, your order has been placed on backorder and it is possible that it may not arrive before the holiday gift-giving season. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you would like to cancel your order, please respond to this email or contact us at (408)350-1484. Please keep in mind, your credit card has not been charged. As an alternative, you may contact your local Fry's Electronics store to be placed on a waiting list. Customers on the waiting list will be contacted based on available inventory. Rest assured, Frys.com continues to strive to meet the demands of our customers in it's mission to provide the best prices and widest selection.

++++++

Last time I EVER attempt to by something from this company online.

[quote name='vtswordfish']I'm leaning toward the shortage as well, just because Kmart got them doesn't really mean a lot, sounds like the ones around here were lucky if they got 2-4 systems, and they weren't even sure they'd get that many. Newegg was smart to hold out and make them bills though, I'm sure that was calculated on their part. Does seem these are easier to come by than the Wii was at launch though, but that's probably just me.[/QUOTE]
yeah im sure newegg had them the whole time. THey are genuis for doing that big boy bundle a bunch of people are buying them from slick deals and here. At least their bundle wasnt as bad as DELL. Dells had dance 4 or whatever included with theirs and some other game for like 450+ Not even worth it

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']nintendo. nintendo has had rockstar games in the past but not GTA.[/QUOTE]

GTA China town wars (I think) was on DS

Got a question for people who might be more familiar with NewEgg. Thinking about ordering the bundle but not sure when it would arrive if I used the "newegg 3 day" shipping method. I'm a college student and I'll be at my parents house all next week (Thanksgiving week) but I'll be heading back to my apartment the Sunday afterward. Large packages are put in a mail slot that anyone in my apartment community can access so I don't want to have it delivered to there if I'm not going to be there for 4 or 5 days. Also don't want to have it delivered home and head back to school before it arrives. Thoughts on what day I should expect it to be delivered. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

[quote name='vtswordfish']I'm leaning toward the shortage as well, just because Kmart got them doesn't really mean a lot, sounds like the ones around here were lucky if they got 2-4 systems, and they weren't even sure they'd get that many. Newegg was smart to hold out and make them bills though, I'm sure that was calculated on their part. Does seem these are easier to come by than the Wii was at launch though, but that's probably just me.[/QUOTE]

we will not know for sure. early this week nintendo said their will not be a shortage like the wii and they are doing what ever they can to make that happen. So i kind of will take nintendo word before the lame experts that are saying shortage. We shall see in couple weeks

[quote name='vtcheapgamer']fuck you Frys:

Dear Frys.com Customer, Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, we have been unable to obtain sufficient quantities of the Nintendo Wii U Console to fulfill your order at this time. Therefore, your order has been placed on backorder and it is possible that it may not arrive before the holiday gift-giving season. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you would like to cancel your order, please respond to this email or contact us at (408)350-1484. Please keep in mind, your credit card has not been charged. As an alternative, you may contact your local Fry's Electronics store to be placed on a waiting list. Customers on the waiting list will be contacted based on available inventory. Rest assured, Frys.com continues to strive to meet the demands of our customers in it's mission to provide the best prices and widest selection.

++++++

[/QUOTE]

Rest assured, indeed.

I'd love to know why some stores are getting a large amount more than they took pre-orders for, and other stores aren't even able to fill their pre-orders. Was Nintendo's distribution department screwing things up? Or did stores just decided to take pre-orders past their allocation for whatever reason? I keep reading about how places like Walmart, Best Buy, and some GameStop locations have enough for preorders and walk ins, while other retailers didn't even get enough to cover what was already sold. That seems all sorts of sketchy.

++++++

[/QUOTE]

just got this same email and i was one of the first to order when it went up on CAG. fuck frys

MAN after watching that zombie U im not into that game but it shows off some sweet things possible on the wii U it will be a must own system if couple great 3rd party games come out in next couple months

[quote name='Tribrow']Got a question for people who might be more familiar with NewEgg. Thinking about ordering the bundle but not sure when it would arrive if I used the "newegg 3 day" shipping method. I'm a college student and I'll be at my parents house all next week (Thanksgiving week) but I'll be heading back to my apartment the Sunday afterward. Large packages are put in a mail slot that anyone in my apartment community can access so I don't want to have it delivered to there if I'm not going to be there for 4 or 5 days. Also don't want to have it delivered home and head back to school before it arrives. Thoughts on what day I should expect it to be delivered. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.[/QUOTE]
I had to look at my old order history from 2011 and i can tell you this,
i ordered a tablet for wife on 11/25 and i got it on 12/1 3 day shipping
that was a black friday deal so consider that, Also computer parts ordered on 11/6 i recived on 11/10 that was also supposed 3 day shipping.
SInce these dates are close to this one year later i would not trust their 3 day it really means 4 or 5 day. SO be careful. Or overnight it to moms and have relief if you can.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Someone should change the title to The Wii U Conspiracy Theory Thread.[/QUOTE]

or at least wii u convo board seeing preorders are done pretty much

My NewEgg preordered games are finally about to ship. Just getting confirmation emails now. Still tempted to cancel my AC3 and Zombi U though...I really wanted those two launch day. My Scribblenauts order on the other hand is too good of a deal ($38 shipped!). Was very disappointed in my local EB's decision to not do a midnight release or even opening early though and just send a email to GameStop corporate voicing my opinion on the matter. Also got my local District Manager's number and may be calling in the morning.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']correct seeing china town was not full of violence as 3d system games.[/QUOTE]
one thing i did notice was it did have some colorful language! lol. But yeah mostly about killings, racism and drugs. Not to much hookerish wise but im surprsed the big N let that one slip. The game was also put on the ipod and ipad same game.
What irks me is Angry bird trilogy on 3ds for 30 dollars when its like free everywhere else lol. Kind of dumb but whatever. Thats why im glad nintendo doesnt whore out their games to non Nintendo systems they lose value.

To anyone who cares, Newegg is beginning to move the pre-ordered games to the packaging stage. I just got the order confirmations for Super Mario Bros U and Epic Mickey 2: Power of Two.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1KJwKBY8O4&feature=plcp

game kind of looks alright but it just don't seem to me to be a reason to buy a wii U right away. At this point zombie games are getting old.[/QUOTE]

I don't know dude. Other vids on the game looked pretty bad ass to me.

The extended ones with the short haired blonde girl with glasses looked good. I lost interest in RE games aside from the wii chronicles after 4 so I guess I am not so burned out...

.....either way, we will know in a day and 2 hours lol.

[quote name='BGriffith']My NewEgg preordered games are finally about to ship. Just getting confirmation emails now. Still tempted to cancel my AC3 and Zombi U though...I really wanted those two launch day. My Scribblenauts order on the other hand is too good of a deal ($38 shipped!). Was very disappointed in my local EB's decision to not do a midnight release or even opening early though and just send a email to GameStop corporate voicing my opinion on the matter. Also got my local District Manager's number and may be calling in the morning.[/QUOTE]

no offense but why should they pay their workers so couple people can pick of their systems? it's not like a major game release where thye get 100-200 people in line for a game which to them would be worth paying the workers extra money. Stop crying and thank god you even have a wii U which is not possible for everyone.

[quote name='rayfrombk']To anyone who cares, Newegg is beginning to move the pre-ordered games to the packaging stage. I just got the order confirmations for Super Mario Bros U and Epic Mickey Power of 2.[/QUOTE]

I just got the same a few minutes ago for Zombie u and Just dance

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']I don't know dude. Other vids on the game looked pretty bad ass to me.

The extended ones with the short haired blonde girl with glasses looked good. I lost interest in RE games aside from the wii chronicles after 4 so I guess I am not so burned out...

.....either way, we will know in a day and 2 hours lol.[/QUOTE]

the game looks decent but at this point for most people zombie games are just overkilled. But if you only play nintendo systems it's possible it's not but it does look fun.

at this point im kicking my self for not getting in on the dell website package yesterday. there is no launch games i really want seeing games like ac3,cod,batman i got on other systems already but it's new tech and i love new tech.

[quote name='BGriffith']My NewEgg preordered games are finally about to ship. Just getting confirmation emails now. Still tempted to cancel my AC3 and Zombi U though...I really wanted those two launch day. My Scribblenauts order on the other hand is too good of a deal ($38 shipped!). Was very disappointed in my local EB's decision to not do a midnight release or even opening early though and just send a email to GameStop corporate voicing my opinion on the matter. Also got my local District Manager's number and may be calling in the morning.[/QUOTE]

I am thinking I may buy somewhere and return my newegg copy with the receipt

I just got charged by Newegg for ZombiU, and got an order confirmation. Still nothing from them about a couple other games I have not for the Wii U but still releasing this weekend. Still waiting on Family Guy for 360, Epic Mickey for 3DS, and PlayStation All Stars for PS3.

[quote name='pissoffbakaburi']I just got the same a few minutes ago for Zombie u and Just dance[/QUOTE]

Looks like my orders are shipping from NJ. I live in NY so that means I should be getting them on Tuesday. Time to hit up Best Buy for these games and a return visit on Tuesday! :lol:

[quote name='rckola911']one thing i did notice was it did have some colorful language! lol. But yeah mostly about killings, racism and drugs. Not to much hookerish wise but im surprsed the big N let that one slip. The game was also put on the ipod and ipad same game.
What irks me is Angry bird trilogy on 3ds for 30 dollars when its like free everywhere else lol. Kind of dumb but whatever. Thats why im glad nintendo doesnt whore out their games to non Nintendo systems they lose value.[/QUOTE]

They don't whore out their games, because they make a lot of their money on hardware, and what's the best way to get people to buy your hardware? Mario.

++++++

[/QUOTE]

When did you place your order?

When you check your order status online does it say backordered?

I guess I should go check my email now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back