Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rockym']Wow!! There's people lining up for Black Friday sales already?![/QUOTE]

Yeah. I live near Los Angeles and all three of my usual BB's already have lines for BF. Tents and everything. Its a bit wet out right now too and they're still there. Last year it started on the Tuesday before, so I bet these are people that missed out then.

[quote name='outsider']Walmart denied me till tomorrow 9am even though they are 24 hours. I know they have to have them but said no to midnight pickup too.[/QUOTE]

What? Their own advertisement said that you could pick it up at 12:01!! I would ream managment's ass!!

[quote name='advanced']The manager at my Best Buy just told my girlfriend that all preorders have officially been pulled and that I can show up whenever I'd like to get it. She advised a little after 10AM so that I don't get confused with the Black Friday line that has now wrapped around the corner of the building.[/QUOTE]

What the hell? People are really going to miss Thanksgiving time with family to get a cheap laptop/tv/whatever else.

[quote name='Bankotsu']What the hell? People are really going to miss Thanksgiving time with family to get a cheap laptop/tv/whatever else.[/QUOTE]

I thought the black Friday deals were pretty bad, too.

[quote name='Alucard400']I am here in Duarte, CA near pasadena and waiting for best buy to open. The status of my order waslike yours last night but changed to ''ready to pick up'' just around 7am. I didnt get an email notice yet but see the status on bestbuy.com[/QUOTE]

Got shot down trying to pick up LOL. I even showed the actual status on bestbuy.co m saying ready for pickup. Lady was courteous(and hot!) Sayingntheyd get charged for giving an item to a customer that isnt released until tomorrow. Haha. No biggy. I just have to come back tomorrow morning. Ill go home and watch my blu ray copy of the dark knight returns

[quote name='thundarr']What? Their own advertisement said that you could pick it up at 12:01!! I would ream managment's ass!![/QUOTE]

I might have to find the the ad and take it.

There really only has been 2 new games that have a decent number of reviews for them. Mario and Nintendo Land have been getting good reviews. And you could look at the 3rd party game reviews for the ps3/360 for the ones that have them. The Wii U version could be a rushed port though.

I already have Assassin's Creed 3 since I believe Ubisoft when they said it won't be missing anything from the other versions.

So, I have one of those $5 Target pre-order cards, but for the basic model. Chances of walking in at store open tomorrow and getting a Deluxe instead?

[quote name='txdohawk']so, i have one of those $5 target pre-order cards, but for the basic model. Chances of walking in at store open tomorrow and getting a deluxe instead?[/quote]

[quote name='Alucard400']Got shor down teying to pick up LOL. I even showed the actual status on bestbuy.co m saying ready for pickup. Lady was courteous(and hot!) Sayingntheyd get charged for giving an item to a customer that isnt released until tomorrow. Haha. No biggy. I just have to come back tomorrow morning. Ill go home and watch my blu ray copy of the dark knight returns[/QUOTE]

Yeah, best buy in store pick up will send an email stating it is ready and best buy mentions not to come in until the email is received. Worth a try if you want though.

[quote name='thundarr']What? Their own advertisement said that you could pick it up at 12:01!! I would ream managment's ass!![/QUOTE]
Not sure where you saw this. There's been 2 walmart ads with the wii u in it. The one for layaway, and the one for black friday. The BF ad just says "Available Nov. 18th" (and that's for the non-layaway ones, presumably), and the layaway ad says "Available for pickup Nov. 18th". You have to pick up your console from layaway, and layaway doesn't open until 9AM, in pretty much every walmart.

Now there was an internal memo. Maybe that's what you're talking about. It had instructions for the stores that wanted to do midnight launches, but it certainly wasn't a requirement.

I have one of those $5 BB preorders too... Think I might go up there today WITH RECEIPT so I can FOR SURE know if my console is set aside. If not, I want them to put something on mine with my name and stuff on it.

It's sad that we have to do these kind of things....

[quote name='Alucard400']Got shor down teying to pick up LOL. I even showed the actual status on bestbuy.co m saying ready for pickup. Lady was courteous(and hot!)[/QUOTE]
Should of asked her to keep u company until tomorrow! :D

[quote name='advanced']The manager at my Best Buy just told my girlfriend that all preorders have officially been pulled and that I can show up whenever I'd like to get it. She advised a little after 10AM so that I don't get confused with the Black Friday line that has now wrapped around the corner of the building.[/QUOTE]

That's crazy, I don't think there is anything even worth trying to get to stand in for so many days, especially this BF the sales seem pretty mild to me. I guess my wallet is going to win this year, I do need a printer though.

[quote name='Bankotsu']There really only has been 2 new games that have a decent number of reviews for them. Mario and Nintendo Land have been getting good reviews. And you could look at the 3rd party game reviews for the ps3/360 for the ones that have them. The Wii U version could be a rushed port though.

I already have Assassin's Creed 3 since I believe Ubisoft when they said it won't be missing anything from the other versions.[/QUOTE]

Hulu was showing a viseo on the batman and the added features utilizing the pad. It was interesting but not sure it warranted a new purchase. maybe 30 bucks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB1fLqbX_kc

No luck at early pickup for walmart. But I got a lot of information that made me feel better lol.

They got only 6 pre orders at my store, including me. All of those are set and put aside, locked in the managers office. I was absolutely guaranteed to get mine. No need to wait in line, just walk right back to layaway and pickup. I asked about them having games at layaway and he said yes they'll have them there to purchase.

My Walmart is getting 4 deluxe and 2 basic besides what's for pre order. I love my local walmart. So low key and nobody even thinks about it haha. My friend should be very excited. Even though mines preordered I'm waiting in line with him 5 hours before opening.

Hype level: over 9000

[quote name='skiizim']That's crazy, I don't think there is anything even worth trying to get to stand in for so many days, especially this BF the sales seem pretty mild to me. I guess my wallet is going to win this year, I do need a printer though.[/QUOTE]

The first few want that 40" TV. The others I can't explain myself either. Whatever. I'll be home on BF with my Wii U and some cocoa.

[quote name='rckola911']
xY3xd.png

Plenty for all[/QUOTE]

Is that a joke because that looks like a small supply! Secondly, the only reason they are even on the shelf is because the sign says lock up because the system hasent released yet. I honestly couldnt tell if you were being sarcastic or not. But thats not many wii u's especially if its a B&M store

FINALLY! I was able to get a Kmart representative to send me a confirmation e-mail!

Don't know if this means I'll actually be able to pick anything up tomorrow, but at least I have something to look at.

Just got back from my local Best Buy to confirm my in store kiosk preorder. Talked to the head gaming employee and verified that they had mine in the back. He separated all the in store pickup online orders from the in store kiosk ones and wrote everyone's name on them. Went ahead and put down 5 bucks for NSMBU as well and found out that they also had some consoles left for walk-ins too.

A guy came over and asked if he could preorder and got shot down , and then when he found out they had some for walk-ins, asked how many they had but they wouldn't tell him. No midnight launch though, so I have to come back at 10:00 am tomorrow to get it and I'll probably show up at 9:00 just in case.

FYI, I just checked PC Richard & Son and they did not get a Wii U shipment yet. The manager there showed me a company note saying the Wii U stock will be extremely limited and should be sold to paid in full pre-orders first. He said they have no clue when shipments will arrive in store.

My Order status says ready for pickup at Best Buy, but I haven't gotten my email yet.

Do I absolutely need to have that email with me? I have the first email printed out with the order number on it.

For anyone who was successful about getting their Wii U from Walmart Layaway, do you have any tips of how I can get mine early? What to say, etc?

[quote name='masked lemon']My Order status says ready for pickup at Best Buy, but I haven't gotten my email yet.

Do I absolutely need to have that email with me? I have the first email printed out with the order number on it.[/QUOTE]

REad my previous posts above

Yay! My registration here finally let me post.

So I'm trying to weigh some options. I have a Wii U Deluxe coming from best Buy online, but won't be here till after I've had to go to work (i work nights and won't get to touch it till Tuesday). And I have Day 1 jitters. I spoke with a manager at TRU and he said they'd have stock to sell more than pre-orders - he totally said it slyly, and also said they'd let people know in line as well if they'd be getting one, etc. So I'm THINKING of heading there tomorrow morning around 6am (they open at 8), but I'm not going to get up toooo early. So if it's insane I'll just go home.

I was also considering a midnight walmart run.. but am leaning more towards the early TRU option. Thoughts?

[quote name='masked lemon']Do I absolutely need to have that email with me? I have the first email printed out with the order number on it.[/QUOTE]

All you need is the order number.

[quote name='dennisb407']I hope I don't catch grief tomorrow cause they charged me $1 for the preorder cards lol[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing at Target only payed a $1 for pre order cards but they said they will fix it when I pick up my 3 deluxe well not all mine lol

I just called my local bestbuys. One said that they had no idea how many consoles they were getting because they have not received their shipment. The other said they had more pre-orders than consoles.

So does anyone have suggestions on which store(s) will have additional quantities?

Talked to another Dell rep today, and he didn't think any of their orders would ship before the 29th. Would recommend anyone who has an order through them to try a local store and cancel the Dell order if you score one.

Kmart update, just got the following email:

Dear Valued Customer,

Your Kmart.com Store Pick Up order for the Nintendo Wii U will be delayed. We are sorry for the inconvenience and wanted you to know that we are committed to fulfilling your order at the store that was selected at check out. You will be receiving another email from our team in the next 5 – 7 days providing additional details and status on your order.

You will receive a ready for pick up email when your order is available for pick up.

We sincerely apologize for this situation and want you to know how much we value you as a customer.

Most respectfully yours,

Kmart Customer Care

The problem is I have no idea which pre-order that applies to, as I ordered one from two different stores. Looks like I'm SOL.

Awesome, just got two texts from GameStop letting me know that my WiiU and NSMBU will be ready for pick-up tomorrow morning. No text about ZombiU, but I'm guessing that's not a problem.

Now to drop by and find out if they're opening early or not...

I just received a "delayed" email from Kmart for in-store pickup from the other day. I will "receive another email in 5 - 7 days." Looks like I'm going to hit up Target in the AM and cancel this one.

[quote name='Kinematics']I just called my local bestbuys. One said that they had no idea how many consoles they were getting because they have not received their shipment. The other said they had more pre-orders than consoles.

So does anyone have suggestions on which store(s) will have additional quantities?[/QUOTE]

If anyone does it will be Wal-mart. Mine has additional ones and I don't recall anyone here hearing otherwise about theirs.

Kmart email for me as well. Still hoping it comes through for tomorrow since street date hasn't actually happened yet. I hate how pre-order this thing everywhere and I haven't secured one. Target totally F'ED me. Kmart is up in the air. I have walmart Mario Wii u coming in somehow today, but still no update on system. Everything a mess.

People can say all they want but GameStop seems to be one the best places handling the Wii U preorder madness "so far", Just got the phone call confirming my system is ready for pickup tomorrow and now they're offering 30% extra for trade-ins toward the Wii U

Bestbuy.com show my order ready for pick-up, but no email yet. I did get a text that is ready for pick-up during store hours. I am not wasting a trip to even try and pick-up one day early.

Also, stop by TRU today and no WiiU games are out or will be sold for the sale.

[quote name='Edwin29']People can say all they want but GameStop seems to be one the best places handling the Wii U preorder madness "so far", Just got the phone call confirming my system is ready for pickup tomorrow and now they're offering 30% extra for trade-ins toward the Wii U[/QUOTE]
This. I'm not even worried about my GS per order.

Is it true the US is getting less than 1 million Wii U's? If true then why bother launching? Seems like they should have started producing hardware earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back