Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rayfrombk']Hmm.. do I have to call Kmart to cancel my order? FFFFFFFFFUUUU[/QUOTE]
That's what I had to do, it was a relatively painless affair though.

[quote name='polyh3dron']I also got the KMart delayed email. A big ol' Shaq-Fu to that establishment.

Good thing I jumped on that Newegg bundle.[/QUOTE]

I had a gut feeling this was going to happen. Even though I got the confirmation email, I felt something was amiss since my order was still "processing." Like you, I fortunately grabbed myself a Newegg bundle. Still says it's "packaging," but I suppose that's to be expected given that it's the weekend.

I also received the aforementioned Kmart email.

And you know what, that works for me. I don't need it day one as long as I know my name is on one, and I'll likely be getting by year's end, if not month's end, even.

Saves me from having to wake up early tomorrow.

thinking about cancelling my newegg pre-order for nsmbu and getting that b1g1 40% off tomorrow instead (nsmbu + scribblenauts unlimited). i wish i would have jumped on the scribblenauts as part of that newegg deal, but i missed it. i think it will kind of even out though.

[quote name='yobaburp']Did anyone get a text message from gamestop about a 30%bonus trade in credit toward a WiiU.[/QUOTE]

I got the phone call confirming that

[quote name='Fuzzy Man Peach']I had a gut feeling this was going to happen. Even though I got the confirmation email, I felt something was amiss since my order was still "processing." Like you, I fortunately grabbed myself a Newegg bundle. Still says it's "packaging," but I suppose that's to be expected given that it's the weekend.[/QUOTE]

I also jumped on the Newegg bundle. Now I have too many Wii U consoles LOL.. sorry to those who are still having a problem securing a console. :cry:

[quote name='stonciddta']Also, stop by TRU today and no WiiU games are out or will be sold for the sale.[/QUOTE]

You mean at your ToysRUs they aren't selling any 49.99 and under Wii U games for the B1G1 40 percent off today?

[quote name='Blaster man']Is it true the US is getting less than 1 million of Wii U's? If true then why bother launching? Seems like they shod have started producing hardware earlier.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they shouldn't have bothered launching at all. :roll:

[quote name='rayfrombk']I also jumped on the Newegg bundle. Now I have too many Wii U consoles LOL.. sorry to those who are still having a problem securing a console. :cry:[/QUOTE]

If you're really sorry you can send one my way. :)

I think the best bet for people that didn't pre-order it or pre-ordered and got delayed/cancelled like me is to go to Kmart in the morning. I just called and they said it will be first come, first serve for the consoles in the morning. I'll be waking up at 7:30 and driving over since they open at 8.

For anyone thinking about going to the best buy in Burbank, CA they already have ten people standing outside for midnight, and claim to have no idea how many systems they received .​

[quote name='timbowman1']first come first serve. come take the people that preordered's consoles.... lol[/QUOTE]

They said they didn't have any pre-orders. Which is weird because I pre-ordered it from there and mine is delayed, but w/e. I worked there for two years, I know they will have a bunch to sell.

[quote name='Chin35char']They said they didn't have any pre-orders. Which is weird because I pre-ordered it from there and mine is delayed, but w/e. I worked there for two years, I know they will have a bunch to sell.[/QUOTE]

do you think there is any action I can take to get one of those consoles reserved because I preordered it at that specific store?

[quote name='timbowman1']do you think there is any action I can take to get one of those consoles reserved because I preordered it at that specific store?[/QUOTE]

My best buy did the midnight 360 launch. They had a bunch at midnight and then another allocation for regular opening in the morning. You may be allocate one for the morning. I doubt you wouldn't get one if you preordered (although I never put anything past best buy anymore)

i hope toy r us isn't going to have their heads up their ass again. they've had "unintentional" misprints in their adds before. i'd be pissed if i went tomorrow and they said it's b2g1 40% off.

[quote name='spauldingfan']
For anyone thinking about going to the best buy in Burbank, CA they already have ten people standing outside for midnight, and claim to have no idea how many systems they received .​
[/QUOTE]

wow. already. I think Best buy At Water, Burbank, Montebello and a few other SoCAL ones will have A LOT for walk ins. It will probably vary from 40 to 80 units in one store, depending on location. Some guy who works at best buy posted about how some stores get that much a few pages back. man, that's a 12 hour wait in line though, in the cold weather after the rain just subsided. That's crazy

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']i hope toy r us isn't going to have their heads up their ass again. they've had "unintentional" misprints in their adds before. i'd be pissed if i went tomorrow and they said it's b2g1 40% off.[/QUOTE]

Check my previous posts, I posted a pic last night sometime.

pfff. that blows. called my local gs and they said they're not even opening early tomorrow. going to probably have to wait until noon to get it.

[quote name='prim4444']Check my previous posts, I posted a pic last night sometime.[/QUOTE]

i guess you didn't catch the part about the "unintentional" misprints. they've had stuff in their ads before that they claimed were not accurate, then they put signs by their display cases saying that the ad was wrong.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']i guess you didn't catch the part about the "unintentional" misprints. they've had stuff in their ads before that they claimed were not accurate, then they put signs by their display cases saying that the ad was wrong.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see that, but you shouldn't be worried.

BTW, if anyone in the North Canton, Ohio area still doesn't have a reservation and needs one, I have a spare Target card for the basic model (PM me). If not, then I'll probably head down there early tomorrow and give it to the first person in the non-reservation line who wants one. I feel like a douche holding onto the card even though I'm not going to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fuzzy Man Peach']BTW, if anyone in the North Canton, Ohio area still doesn't have a reservation and needs one, I have a spare Target card for the basic model. If not, then I'll probably head down there early tomorrow and give it to the first person in the non-reservation line who wants one. I feel like a douche holding onto the card even though I'm not going to use it.[/QUOTE]

Worth a shot but anyone in the San Diego/North County area have a spare Deluxe Wii-U on preorder that they would be willing to part with? Kmart just screwed me over.

[quote name='loomis1975']You mean at your ToysRUs they aren't selling any 49.99 and under Wii U games for the B1G1 40 percent off today?[/QUOTE]

Correct. Sorry was driving and typing.

Man, its only one opinion but I am a bit concerned about ZombiU after watching GameSpot's review. I was hoping for something resembling greatness....but maybe mediocrity is what we're going to get instead.

While I don't base my purchasing decisions solely on the words of others, its always nice to hear that something you're looking forward to is highly regarded, rather than why bother. It'll be interesting to see what other reviewers say when midnight rolls around and the embargo lifts....

[quote name='yobaburp']Did anyone get a text message from gamestop about a 30%bonus trade in credit toward a WiiU.[/QUOTE]

yea it was part of the txt, i found it weird because i have been trading in stuff towards it for past few weeks and one time the employee asked another if there was a code to scan for extra % towards wii u, guy said no. oh well doesnt matter to me much now since i have it paid off anyway

I find it kinda fucked that gamestops are not doing midnight release when I KNOW they are going to do it for the next xbox.

[quote name='Bizzquik']Man, its only one opinion but I am a bit concerned about ZombiU after watching GameSpot's review. I was hoping for something resembling greatness....but maybe mediocrity is what we're going to get instead.

While I don't base my purchasing decisions solely on the words of others, its always nice to hear that something you're looking forward to is highly regarded, rather than why bother. It'll be interesting to see what other reviewers say when midnight rolls around and the embargo lifts....[/QUOTE]

It's GS. Ubi probably didn't send them the coke and hookers in time to get a good review.

I'm pretty sure that review was faked. It is by some guy that liked to post bad reviews of nintendo games or something.. look into it.

[quote name='Kinematics']I just called my local bestbuys. One said that they had no idea how many consoles they were getting because they have not received their shipment. The other said they had more pre-orders than consoles.

So does anyone have suggestions on which store(s) will have additional quantities?[/QUOTE]

Yesterday I stopped by my Best Buy that I preordered from and talked to the on duty store manager (I think that's who it was). He said they would be calling people that preordered based on when they did so as they would have NO extra units and wouldn't be able to cover all presales. I asked when I should check again and he said Monday. I didn't say anything at the time but this is simply impossible, as anyone (myself included) that preordered in store did not have to provide a phone number. Also, he said to someone else he wasn't sure how many they were getting (so how do you know you don't have enough).

My point is, with any customer service conversation, take anything one person says with a big grain of salt. If everyone across the board is saying the same thing, it's PROBABLY true.

Finally got a Kmart email earlier, saying it was delayed so I emailed them back asking to cancel it.

Did anyone get a shipping confirmation from Newegg for the bundle yet? Mine is still listed on their site as "packing." I hope I at least get it this week.

[quote name='Alucard400']wow. already. I think Best buy At Water, Burbank, Montebello and a few other SoCAL ones will have A LOT for walk ins. It will probably vary from 40 to 80 units in one store, depending on location. Some guy who works at best buy posted about how some stores get that much a few pages back. man, that's a 12 hour wait in line though, in the cold weather after the rain just subsided. That's crazy[/QUOTE]

they know...they j ust don't tell so people will not leave.

I didn't get a cancellation e-mail or an "order limit" e-mail, probably because of my screwed up e-mail address situation. If I don't get a text message or an e-mail from them tomorrow - and I don't expect to - I'm going to cancel the order and try my luck with restocks over the next few weeks. Even if things are restocked within the next week or so, I probably won't get the notification anyway.

Just came back from my toysrus to check about the email. They said they have enough for wii u preorders and like maybe 3/4 extra.

went to store, they have a paper at electronics saying to tell people Wii Us (at this location only folks!) tell people wiiU were preorder only and to tell people with the preorder that they wont do a midnight launch :/... gotta wait till 9 am tomorrow :/ ... fucking walmart.

Haven't touched my Wii in a couple years so I dug out the 4x Wiimotes I had in the bottom of a drawer, figuring I should get them ready for when my Wii U arrives ...

All of the batteries leaked, two very badly. Filled with battery residue. Cleaned them up as best as I could, but might be in the market for one of those new all-in Wii-U-motes.

I just tried to get my local best buy or walmart (where ours are preordered) budge on releasing them early, and no dice.

Guess well be heading out to walmart late this evening for the midnight release or preorders.

[quote name='slappynutz']Haven't touched my Wii in a couple years so I dug out the 4x Wiimotes I had in the bottom of a drawer, figuring I should get them ready for when my Wii U arrives ...

All of the batteries leaked, two very badly. Filled with battery residue. Cleaned them up as best as I could, but might be in the market for one of those new all-in Wii-U-motes.[/QUOTE]

Rechargeables. They don't leak. I learned my lesson after a leak totaled a really nice LED flashlight.

[quote name='Tiako']I find it kinda fucked that gamestops are not doing midnight release when I KNOW they are going to do it for the next xbox.[/QUOTE]

Why? They didn't do a midnight release for Skylanders Giants either. That demographic won't turn out for a midnight release.

[quote name='spauldingfan']
[/QUOTE]

I knew there wouldn't be a chance at this BestBuy. There was a huge line wrapped around just for Halo 4. I would never wait here.

[quote name='Todmicahels']I knew there wouldn't be a chance at this BestBuy. There was a huge line wrapped around just for Halo 4. I would never wait here.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I hate that BB. I only go there when I'm forced to. It's always kind of dark in there and most of the staff are really, really unfriendly. It's always kinda messy in there too. It also happens to be the most popular BB in the area too, so it's always busy as hell for everything.

Got email from tru about wii u games 40 off did t say anything about 49 or less also had pic of Mario and batman it just says higher or equal value etc.. So any amnt. I. Goi g for Mario they open at 8 am

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back