Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mythus']would they have one for everyone in line. im thinking about heading to the city at 10pm, and just waiting for the cashier.[/QUOTE]
Yes they will, I recall the Wii had 3000 people in line and it wrapped around blocks and blocks but the store itself had over 5000 so it didnt even come close to selling out.

I can actually say that you can walk in tommorow at 10 or so and get it. The wait might just be very long,

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']He's not making it up. You can pre-order for In-Store Pick-Up right now, though it kind of requires a "glitch" to get it added to your cart. Check SD, as I'm not posting it here.. Walmart cancelled all my orders I tried with it, but some people have had better luck getting it to work.[/QUOTE]

Yup, mine just got cancelled too. Oh well, no big deal. I'm probably better off not getting one right away.

Hey anyone in the columbus, OH area looking for one the independent game store I work for will have 3 per store. PM ME if you're looking.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']they do midnight releases for games because anyone can just go to another store and buy one, so there is competition to sell these first.

with the Wii U they can't just go to another store and get one so why should a store bother.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Another reason for midnight launches might be manufacturer incentives - e.g. Nintendo promises to send extra units or discounted units to stores who sell X copies with Y hours of release. The Wii U will sell out its first shipment quickly, so there is no need to do this.

Absent the manufacturer-imposed price cap, the normal market response to this situation would be for retailers to increase prices to be able to just barely sell off their initial allotment. If that could occur, we'd probably see more midnight launches.

Working at Gamestop for a few years, I can tell you this. Doing a midnight release for Nintendo games suck since they usually fall on a Sunday release date. We had a midnight for Super Smash Bro. Brawl and that was a clusterduck of a time after closing the store. Breaking it down to two weeks, Week 1 ends on a Saturday where Week 2 starts on a Sunday. If we did not close the store down by Saturday night, we would have to close it on Sunday. The problem doing this is that it would close both Week 1 and Week 2 down, messing up our opening/closing process thus forcing us to call up our technical support line to help fix the issue. Granted, this was back when SSBB came out and Gamestop could have fixed said issue but I doubt they would.

[quote name='CHADSTONe']Then she walked back out and said we can't give it to you until midnight and if you pay it off now you might not be guaranteed to get one. [/QUOTE]

This doesn't make any sense at all, if they already have your name on a Wii U system. Especially since we are less than 24hours away from launch. I paid mine off, panicked, and called my walmart and they said I was still gauranteed a WII U.

[quote name='chasedown']Working at Gamestop for a few years, I can tell you this. Doing a midnight release for Nintendo games suck since they usually fall on a Sunday release date. We had a midnight for Super Smash Bro. Brawl and that was a clusterduck of a time after closing the store. Breaking it down to two weeks, Week 1 ends on a Saturday where Week 2 starts on a Sunday. If we did not close the store down by Saturday night, we would have to close it on Sunday. The problem doing this is that it would close both Week 1 and Week 2 down, messing up our opening/closing process thus forcing us to call up our technical support line to help fix the issue. Granted, this was back when SSBB came out and Gamestop could have fixed said issue but I doubt they would.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

[quote name='thegarageband']Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?[/QUOTE]

Excuse me?

[quote name='thegarageband']Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?[/QUOTE]

Is this english?

[quote name='bill123']Hey anyone in the columbus, OH area looking for one the independent game store I work for will have 3 per store. PM ME if you're looking.[/QUOTE]

I'm on mobile so I can't pm but I'm in Columbus Ohio and am interested. Can you send me details?

This must be a test. Focus, focusssss..... :whistle2:k

[quote name='chasedown']Working at Gamestop for a few years, I can tell you this. Doing a midnight release for Nintendo games suck since they usually fall on a Sunday release date. We had a midnight for Super Smash Bro. Brawl and that was a clusterduck of a time after closing the store. Breaking it down to two weeks, Week 1 ends on a Saturday where Week 2 starts on a Sunday. If we did not close the store down by Saturday night, we would have to close it on Sunday. The problem doing this is that it would close both Week 1 and Week 2 down, messing up our opening/closing process thus forcing us to call up our technical support line to help fix the issue. Granted, this was back when SSBB came out and Gamestop could have fixed said issue but I doubt they would.[/QUOTE]

I believe he's saying that, on Sunday midnight launches, they need to close the store before Midnight, and then reopen the store after midnight due to the way they have their work week set up.

20100108063328!Exploding-head.gif

anybody in southern california around the inland empire to be exact, that are going to line up at either bestbuy/walmart/ect? just curious

Just got my Gamestop call from Ivy, so i called the store.

They got enough to cover all preorders and at least 2-6 on the wait list at my small store, plus a mountain of accessories. Not doing anything special, normal Sunday hours (11am)

Is it just me, or has this been a hell of a year in terms of video games and the like selling out and there being a chase to get them? All three portal guns, KH: DDD collectors edition, Persona 4 Solid Gold, Halo 4 limited edition, Wii U, Wii U Pro Controller.

It's been a friggin battle sometimes

On thread topic of preorders: I got a text today from GS saying my console and Mario are ready. Nothing about the pro controller though.

So Gamestop's second attempt at processing my online order also failed again due to their address verification system. The guy i spoke to was confused considering we had my name/address exactly as the bank does (down to the zip code extension).

So in order to clear this up I ran to a GS and bought a gift card for the $70 that I owed on the system. Now that has been applied hopefully I will recieve a shipment notification soon.

Fingers crossed!.... again

[quote name='Deader2818']My gamestop just called me to confirm I will be there to pick it up. They are opening at 10 instead of 11 so thats good.[/QUOTE]

If they called you, i can say for certainty that they were short. They only do that if they have a screw up or a shortage and are hoping someone cancels.

I used to have to make these calls when i worked there, trying to talk people out of picking up their collectors editions or whatever when corporate screwed up the stock.

I got a text from Gamestop saying my pre-order will be ready tomorrow morning. My GS opens at 10, but I'll be there around 9:30 just to be safe.

EH?? Do you speak Jive?

ENGLISH MOTHERfuckER DO YOU SPEAK IT!!

anyone have any spare deluxe pre-orders in the los angeles area? trying to decide if I want to brave TRU tomorrow morning. I'm thinking i'll swing by and check the line, if there is none, or only a couple people, i'll jump in. If it's too long, i'll drive over to an often desolate KMart and try my luck there.

[quote name='mikemgmve']anyone have any spare deluxe pre-orders in the los angeles area? trying to decide if I want to brave TRU tomorrow morning. I'm thinking i'll swing by and check the line, if there is none, or only a couple people, i'll jump in. If it's too long, i'll drive over to an often desolate KMart and try my luck there.[/QUOTE]

Your body was not ready.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']This is getting looped as I set my system up when I get it.[/QUOTE]

I've been looping it for the past hour. I'm going to sleep to this and wake up tomorrow and probably crash through the WalMart Layaway line because my body is ready.

[quote name='thegarageband']Your body was not ready.[/QUOTE]

on the contrary.. it's sooo ready. I have a bestbuy.com order shipping to me, but the anticipation and waiting till Tuesday to play it... blergh!

You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.

[quote name='gordojones88']You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.[/QUOTE]

They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Hysterical reply!!! I thought chasedown's post was confusing too :)

[quote name='bbedwards']Wooooooooot woooooooooooot!

Called my (not 24 hour) Walmart and they said they have my system and are having midnight pickup![/QUOTE]

Did you speak to layaway or electronics?

Just got the text from Gamestop that my Super Mario Bro preorder will be available in the morning.

A couple of minutes later I received a picture text from Gamestop

jamesfranco11.jpg

Blah, I was hoping to get my console early, but no go. The same gal who swore up and down that they'd be doing a midnight release has now informed me that I have to wait until tomorrow. So, I guess I don't need the gun anymore. Although...it will be during normal store hours, so maybe I should still take it.

[quote name='iflabs']Is WM's site to store hours the same as layaway?[/QUOTE]
You can check the store locator on their web site. It varies from store to store...at one store in my area, they close at the same time. At another, layaway closes earlier. Also, I'm not sure if this is the case at all stores, but Site To Store is handled at the photo counter near Customer Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back