Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chicagocubsfan']EDIT: Looks like this might be a fake review. Hope it is, I thought it would be a good game.[/QUOTE]

Lol ... why would it be a fake review? Honestly guys, when was the last time that a console launch had high quality 3rd party games ... ZombiU probably is crap that none of us will be thinking of a year from now ... let's be real

Debating whether or not to camp out. There are four people outside target, with 10 consoles available. The.old lady said she would stay out with me, but damn is it cold out. Do I really want one this bad to stay in the cold for 12 hours?

[quote name='sp00ge']Debating whether or not to camp out. There are four people outside target, with 10 consoles available. The.old lady said she would stay out with me, but damn is it cold out. Do I really want one this bad to stay in the cold for 12 hours?[/QUOTE]
Don't have a preorder?

Wow, my Walmart just called my cell (5:30 here on the west coast) to ask if i'd be picking up my 2 consoles. They oversold and the manager has been driving all over Oregon to pick up enough for presales.

Wish me luck at midnight, haha. This could get real.

Cancelled everything I'd preordered with Newegg. They're just way too unreliable with shipping.

I'd ordered Paper Mario Sticker Star for 3DS and they inexplicably downgraded me to "Eggsaver" Shipping, after I'd ordered with 3-Day for free, and it's now over a week after release and the game is nowhere to be found.

Mario U didn't ship on Friday, but Epic Mickey was in process and I was able to void that thankfully.

Just suddenly remembering why I stopped using Newegg years ago. They used to be so quick and had decent customer service. Should have known better.

I've never had issues with newegg, always quick and reliable, I'd rather save $12 on a game and wait a day or two after launch to get it, no biggie to save some dough.

[quote name='Slowdance']Wow, my Walmart just called my cell (5:30 here on the west coast) to ask if i'd be picking up my 2 consoles. They oversold and the manager has been driving all over Oregon to pick up enough for presales.

Wish me luck at midnight, haha. This could get real.[/QUOTE]

Lol it will be interesting to hear how this turns out.

[quote name='etcrane']Lol ... why would it be a fake review? Honestly guys, when was the last time that a console launch had high quality 3rd party games ... ZombiU probably is crap that none of us will be thinking of a year from now ... let's be real[/QUOTE]

I saw on a different forum that this review might be fake.

I also saw another post where it was claimed that the official Nintendo magazine gave the game a 92. Who to believe?

Going to be heading out in an hour or so for my walmart pre-order. Hoping it's not too packed or filled with wierdo's. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone :)

[quote name='vtswordfish']I've never had issues with newegg, always quick and reliable, I'd rather save $12 on a game and wait a day or two after launch to get it, no biggie to save some dough.[/QUOTE]

Few days is no problem. Downgrading me to "eggsaver" and then taking over a week? Not cool.

Just chatted with Newegg support. She said that "DHL (eggsaver) is used when the item in the package is smaller in size and not worthy of direct UPS or FedEx transportation, and of course it is the cheapest. Usually, it takes 4 to 7 business days for the package to be delivered to you. "

So even though, in good faith, I ordered the game being told that it would take 3 days, it's now going to be over 10, or whenever the USPS drops it off.

This is the third game I've ordered in a row that they've downgraded me from free 3-day to "eggsaver" 7 day without warning, and after they advertised 3-day at the time of ordering.

Cancelled over $400 in preorders with Newegg. Done with them.

[quote name='sp00ge']Debating whether or not to camp out. There are four people outside target, with 10 consoles available. The.old lady said she would stay out with me, but damn is it cold out. Do I really want one this bad to stay in the cold for 12 hours?[/QUOTE]

Ask yourself what else would you be doing for those 12 hours? Get a tent, some warm clothes, portable heater and you are good to go. The 12 hours will fly by.

[quote name='InFlames215']I saw on a different forum that this review might be fake.

I also saw another post where it was claimed that the official Nintendo magazine gave the game a 92. Who to believe?[/QUOTE]

"official Nintendo" giving good score on games on their own console...hmmmm

[quote name='buster90']Ask yourself what else would you be doing for those 12 hours? Get a tent, some warm clothes, portable heater and you are good to go. The 12 hours will fly by.[/QUOTE]

Prob not worth it. I think people who really want one will be able to snag one online as long as they keep an eye out.

[quote name='thetruth1983']Lol it will be interesting to hear how this turns out.[/QUOTE]

Luckily I have 2 backups at another 24 hour walmart, or i'd be a little scared. The lady who called said he was driving to Roseburg, which is about 3 hours away from the store he works at(Medford).

I just got a call from the Philadelphia FYE saying they got ZERO black consoles in and my pre-order can't be honored. I have no idea what to do. I'm taking a red-eye flight tonight so I don't even have the option of camping out. This is why I pre-ordered! So I wouldn't have to deal with this!

Gah. Guess I'll be driving around to all the local stores hoping to score a deluxe Wii-U at 7PM tomorrow when my flight gets in.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Why so early for a preorder?
Rolling up at 1130
If its packed I'm going to bed[/QUOTE]

It's Walmart.. I rather not take my chances. My sister and I are going together and just going to play DS.. will only have an hour and a half or so to wait.

[quote name='InFlames215']I saw on a different forum that this review might be fake.

I also saw another post where it was claimed that the official Nintendo magazine gave the game a 92. Who to believe?[/QUOTE]

The only thing that might make it fake for me is the fact that no one else has put up a ZombiU review yet. Could be embargoed until tomorrow so we'll know for sure what the consensus is about that game when the time arrives.

Got mine pre-ordered at Best Buy but the one that has mine isn't doing a midnight opening. It is doing a 10am opening, though, so I'll grab it then before heading in to work and having it download updates and do transfers while I toil away.

What I'm really interested in, though, is what's available on the eShop. I'll be getting New Super Mario Bros. U there (provided I can't get my copy from Old Navy) but I'm interested in what other titles made it up there. I'm curious to see if third-party games are up there so I can figure out whether I should get some of them via disc or digital instead, especially since I set aside a 1.5TB for this console.

[quote name='thesimplicity']I just got a call from the Philadelphia FYE saying they got ZERO black consoles in and my pre-order can't be honored. I have no idea what to do. I'm taking a red-eye flight tonight so I don't even have the option of camping out. This is why I pre-ordered! So I wouldn't have to deal with this!

Gah. Guess I'll be driving around to all the local stores hoping to score a deluxe Wii-U at 7PM tomorrow when my flight gets in.[/QUOTE]

Wow that is BS.. How do you get ZERO deluxes when you pre order before the order went in?

Sounds like walmart just open up pre oders and let them run until Nov 1st with no cut off system.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']Just got the confirmation texts from Gamestop about an hour ago that my Wii U and NSMBU are at the store and ready to be picked up tomorrow! Now to call them and find out if they are indeed opening a couple hours early like they told me previously...[/QUOTE]

And they called before I had a chance to. Lol
Looks like my local Gamestop is opening early at 9am, can't wait to pick it up!

[quote name='TrumpetDan']And they called before I had a chance to. Lol
Looks like my local Gamestop is opening early at 9am, can't wait to pick it up![/QUOTE]

Mine said 10 but I dont trust them and showing up at 8am! lol

So, anyone else who didn't preorder like me and taking their chances tomorrow? I remember showing up at a TRU ~1 hour before it opened to pick up a Wii, and was like the 10th person in line. I got one, and they apparently had dozens available. I'm thinking of going to that same TRU tomorrow morning(which is no where near where I live now) and try my luck again.

just to be sure, the Deluxe (Black) model isn't limited or something is it? Possibly thinking about chickening out and taking my chances b/t now and x-mas or even a few weeks after. But if the Deluxes are not going to be common, I may not take that chance, damn the debate raging in my head!

[quote name='eddie291']So, anyone else who didn't preorder like me and taking their chances tomorrow? I remember showing up at a TRU ~1 hour before it opened to pick up a Wii, and was like the 10th person in line. I got one, and they apparently had dozens available. I'm thinking of going to that same TRU tomorrow morning(which is no where near where I live now) and try my luck again.[/QUOTE]

I didnt pre-order, but I like my consoles, so now I want one.

Gonna pop out tonight near midnight, and if no luck tomorrow morning.

[quote name='thegarageband']Should I preorder the Pro Controller or just snag one tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

Might be too late to pre-order one of those. My advice is to get to (INSERT STORE HERE) early and hope that you can snag one that day. If this turns out to be a repeat of the original Wii launch, you might not be able to find another controller for weeks after launch otherwise.

[quote name='dumlaox']What I'm really interested in, though, is what's available on the eShop. I'll be getting New Super Mario Bros. U there (provided I can't get my copy from Old Navy) but I'm interested in what other titles made it up there. I'm curious to see if third-party games are up there so I can figure out whether I should get some of them via disc or digital instead, especially since I set aside a 1.5TB for this console.[/QUOTE]

This should tell you at least which will be on the eShop for sure. There are a bunch on there that say "unknown": wikipedia search "List of Wii U games"

Question: I will be using the 3x point bonus for my Wii U and games at Best Buy tomorrow morning, but it says that the bonus does not work for purchases paid for with RZ Certificates or Gift Cards...

http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/coupon-rz-6510173.html

I will only be using about $200 worth of certificates and gift cards for my transaction, leaving a balance of well over $300 left. Will I not get 3x points on the remaining $300+ I actually pay for if I use anything at all to bring down the price? That seems rather lame, if so.

Thanks!

Thanks for that. If this list is right, then that means I'll be snagging a disc copy of Scribblenauts Unlimited and digital for ZombiU (if the reviews turn out to be fairly positive). Still on the fence with Ninja Gaiden 3 since I already have the 360 version but the improvements some of the reviews have been talking about are tempting me. Otherwise, I should be good until next year (not counting eShop only titles).

token2k6: Not sure if the deluxe version will be limited or not but considering that it'll be the version most people are gunning for, I'd say keep you're pre-order if you have one already. Worst case, you'll be holding on to one of the hottest gifts this holiday and can sell it off.

Looks like lots of people will be eating crow in a few hours when the Wii U does infact sellout. Lines are already forming and stores as getting little "overstock" for non-preorders.

Is there any way to change the store pickup person for a preorder? I'm having problems with my leg and I'm supposed to stay off it this weekend so I was going to have someone else pickup my Wii U for me, but I can't find a way to change the person even though I've added them as an authorized pickup person on my account.

Getting my Wii u tonight with no pre-order! I'm fourth in line at my 24hour meijers with 5 deluxe they have in stock! Someone talk to be while I'm in line.Lol

[quote name='GizmoGC']Looks like lots of people will be eating crow in a few hours when the Wii U does infact sellout. Lines are already forming and stores as getting little "overstock" for non-preorders.[/QUOTE]

Probably starting in about 3 or 4 hours this topic will begin filling with unimaginable amounts of rage, with it reaching maximum about 10 or 11AM tomorrow after Gamestop opens.

plan of attack for tomorrow:

head over to toys r us in the morning, grab nsmbu and scribblenauts unlimited; make a purchase at bby with my little remaining credit; detour to buy a couple of sweaters and maybe some pants, then over to gs for some trade-ins and my wii u :cool:

[quote name='dgwillia006']Probably starting in about 3 or 4 hours this topic will begin filling with unimaginable amounts of rage, with it reaching maximum about 10 or 11AM tomorrow after Gamestop opens.[/QUOTE]

Yep!

Lots of people yelling at the flippers because they were too lazy to preorder.

[quote name='cold_young_thug']Getting my Wii u tonight with no pre-order! I'm fourth in line at my 24hour meijers with 5 deluxe they have in stock! Someone talk to be while I'm in line.Lol[/QUOTE]

Oh man. good luck! you gotta talk to the people inline there. they should be gamers too. you should have been prepared and brought a tablet or a DS/psp to occupy yourself.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Probably starting in about 3 or 4 hours this topic will begin filling with unimaginable amounts of rage, with it reaching maximum about 10 or 11AM tomorrow after Gamestop opens.[/QUOTE]

there's going to be a lot of unintentional humor.

Let's be honest...we all only have a month or so to play these, gotta get them on launch day, December 21st is coming soon.

Perhaps the Wii-U is a sign of the Mayan prophecy.

[quote name='vtswordfish']Let's be honest...we all only have a month or so to play these, gotta get them on launch day, December 21st is coming soon.

Perhaps the Wii-U is a sign of the Mayan prophecy.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, we all get radiation induced super powers on that day. Will be too busy learning how to master them to play with silly game consoles.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Yep!

Lots of people yelling at the flippers because they were too lazy to preorder.[/QUOTE]

I don't get how you could miss all the chances to preorder. You could just walk right into a walmart all the way until the 1st to pre order no problem.

[quote name='Tiako']I don't get how you could miss all the chances to preorder. You could just walk right into a walmart all the way until the 1st to pre order no problem.[/QUOTE]

It happens ALL the time. People think "Oh...this isnt gonna be rare", sells out in a few days, complain until release date.

That or they miss numerous chances to pre-order, then blame flippers for getting multiple copies.

[quote name='Kitoro']Question: I will be using the 3x point bonus for my Wii U and games at Best Buy tomorrow morning, but it says that the bonus does not work for purchases paid for with RZ Certificates or Gift Cards...

http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/coupon-rz-6510173.html

I will only be using about $200 worth of certificates and gift cards for my transaction, leaving a balance of well over $300 left. Will I not get 3x points on the remaining $300+ I actually pay for if I use anything at all to bring down the price? That seems rather lame, if so.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes, you'll get triple points on the non-certificate/gift card portion of the order. I have used that coupon already with some rz certs and it has posted correctly to my rz account.

I plan on being one of those guys complaining when i return home empty handed around 1AM.
I will then be in a greater rage when i return home around 11AM from the other stores with no Wii U in hand. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back