Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dgwillia006']It happens ALL the time. People think "Oh...this isnt gonna be rare", sells out in a few days, complain until release date.

That or they miss numerous chances to pre-order, then blame flippers for getting multiple copies.[/QUOTE]

What is even worse is that there was no reason not to pre order. Change your mind.. cancel it now problem money refunded.

[quote name='tava84']I plan on being one of those guys complaining when i return home empty handed around 1AM.
I will then be in a greater rage when i return home around 11AM from the other stores with no Wii U in hand. LOL[/QUOTE]

You can get one frm Craigslist the same day though.

The two Walmarts and one K-Mart in my area are getting in very limited supplies of the Wii u. Out of the 3, the most was a Walmart with 12 for preorder and 8 available for sale.

There was an obscene amount of regular Wiis at all three. Wouldn't doubt that the big N is shipping a ton of regular Wiis out to move stock.

[quote name='dgwillia006']It happens ALL the time. People think "Oh...this isnt gonna be rare", sells out in a few days, complain until release date.[/QUOTE]

o rly

[quote name='dgwillia006']I think i might wait a bit to pre-order.......I seriously doubt they will sell out of a console pre-order. Cash too tight, and still not 100% sold on the launch titles[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mindatlarge']

There was an obscene amount of regular Wiis at all three. Wouldn't doubt that the big N is shipping a ton of regular Wiis out to move stock.[/QUOTE]

For most people the regular Wii is all they'll want anyways. Kids and families won't care about which one it is, so why not go cheaper right? Most of us realize the added value for the $50 is worth it.

[quote name='thegarageband']Should I preorder the Pro Controller or just snag one tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

I would just snag one tomorrow, or you could probably even buy one today if you had the time. I went by my Gamestop and they had plenty out on the wall already, in black or white.

[quote name='Kaijufan']Is there any way to change the store pickup person for a preorder? I'm having problems with my leg and I'm supposed to stay off it this weekend so I was going to have someone else pickup my Wii U for me, but I can't find a way to change the person even though I've added them as an authorized pickup person on my account.[/QUOTE]

If this is Best Buy try calling CS first.

I can't pick up my Walmart layaway unit until 5pm tomorrow.. think there's gonna be a problem with that? I'm gonna be super pissed if they accidentally sell my shit.

[quote name='SteveGo']I would just snag one tomorrow, or you could probably even buy one today if you had the time. I went by my Gamestop and they had plenty out on the wall already, in black or white.[/QUOTE]

i have a couple coming in from newegg (whenever newegg decides to ship them). would it be possible to purchase at a b&m then return the ones i get from newegg?

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']I have a feeling in a week or two these will be easy to get.[/QUOTE]

Not if walmart extended return policy applies to Wii U's :)

After hearing about the Pro Controller shortage (seeing as my newegg order doesn't look good) I made a quick audible just now and ran to gamestop to pre-order a black and white controller. Saved!

Well, I got one today through the Walmart in store pickup deal that was detailed on Slick Deals.

Still not sure if I'm going to keep it, but the videos that I saw last night on Jimmy Fallon really have me thinking about keeping it for the kids.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Oh yeah, we all get radiation induced super powers on that day. Will be too busy learning how to master them to play with silly game consoles.[/QUOTE]

Where are you getting radiation from? It's gonna be all earthquakes and volcanoes. Get your end-of-the-world scenarios straight, ffs.

[quote name='SteveGo']Where are you getting radiation from? It's gonna be all earthquakes and volcanoes. Get your end-of-the-world scenarios straight, ffs.[/QUOTE]

I thought we were all getting radiation from the galactic alignment....where the hell are the earthquakes and volcanoes coming from now. It was supposed be a solar flare or something

[quote name='psunami']Well, I got one today through the Walmart in store pickup deal that was detailed on Slick Deals.

Still not sure if I'm going to keep it, but the videos that I saw last night on Jimmy Fallon really have me thinking about keeping it for the kids.[/QUOTE]

The in store pickup stubtracts from the ones they were going to have on the shelf correct? So will there be ANY on the shelf tonight?

[quote name='rayfrombk']I can't pick up my Walmart layaway unit until 5pm tomorrow.. think there's gonna be a problem with that? I'm gonna be super pissed if they accidentally sell my shit.[/QUOTE]

If they go according to policy, they're supposed to hold lawaway items until December 14th, so you should be fine as long as the employees at that store know what they're doing.

I didn't really look into this once I found out the Wii U was basically a 360 with a big tablet controller but now I am thinking I kind of want one, so Wal Mart let you pre-order it? What about Target? There is a 24 hour Target in my town and a few 24 hour Wal Marts so I might troll around looking for one.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I thought we were all getting radiation from the galactic alignment....where the hell are the earthquakes and volcanoes coming from now. It was supposed be a solar flare or something[/QUOTE]

I thought the magnetism of the poles were supposed to switch causing havoc in the Earth's core and mantle, setting off super volcanoes like Yosemite.

Oh well, who knows really, just as long as I'm playing Wii U when it all goes down.

[quote name='SteveGo']I thought the magnetism of the poles were supposed to switch causing havoc in the Earth's core and mantle, setting off super volcanoes like Yosemite.

Oh well, who knows really, just as long as I'm playing Wii U when it all goes down.[/QUOTE]

Geomagnetic reversals dont happen over night lol, they take hundreds or thousands of years.

[quote name='JiveT']I didn't really look into this once I found out the Wii U was basically a 360 with a big tablet controller but now I am thinking I kind of want one, so Wal Mart let you pre-order it? What about Target? There is a 24 hour Target in my town and a few 24 hour Wal Marts so I might troll around looking for one.[/QUOTE]

Walmart let you "pre-order" by using lawaway, but that ended Nov. 1st and Target had cards in the video games section that let you reserve a system, most of which are likely gone by now.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Geomagnetic reversals dont happen over night lol, they take hundreds or thousands of years.[/QUOTE]

Exactly why it's just as credible as the rest of the crackpot theories on how the world will end in December.

I bought the $409 Deluxe NSMBU bundle from Target online and paid $33.45 for the 1 day shipping with a delivery estimate of the 18th. That date slipped to the 19, which is understandable because UPS doesn't deliver on Sunday, but now my delivery estimate says the 26th. I have a feeling I'll be on the phone trying to get a hold of someone to refund my shipping charges soon :(

[quote name='dgwillia006']Oh yeah, we all get radiation induced super powers on that day. Will be too busy learning how to master them to play with silly game consoles.[/QUOTE]

-You just blew my mind!, I was listening to this late night radio program called Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis the other night, it's out of Portland. A caller called in and said This exact same thing! He's like we are all X-Men, we just need to discover our powers! And we will discover them on December 21st, if we are clear and open in mind! What the hell!! :cool:

[quote name='SteveGo']I thought the magnetism of the poles were supposed to switch causing havoc in the Earth's core and mantle, setting off super volcanoes like Yosemite. [/QUOTE]

I think u mean Yellowstone. ;) but on topic can't wait for wii u. Hope my in store pre order at target and best buy go smoothly

[quote name='JiveT']I didn't really look into this once I found out the Wii U was basically a 360 with a big tablet controller but now I am thinking I kind of want one, so Wal Mart let you pre-order it? What about Target? There is a 24 hour Target in my town and a few 24 hour Wal Marts so I might troll around looking for one.[/QUOTE]

Lol, are you fucking retarded?

I can get a basic guaranteed if I hang out at Walmart till midnight but there is a SLIGHT chance to get a premium if someone doesn't show up (my local store has a paper list of interested people on a first come first serve basis). I wish I checked into that earlier.

Are any of you getting the basi model? The deluxe just seems lie a MUCH better value :(

[quote name='goomba478']I can get a basic guaranteed if I hang out at Walmart till midnight but there is a SLIGHT chance to get a premium if someone doesn't show up (my local store has a paper list of interested people on a first come first serve basis). I wish I checked into that earlier.

Are any of you getting the basi model? The deluxe just seems lie a MUCH better value :([/QUOTE]

Pretty much the same boat. I have a preorder card for the Basic, but I'm hoping to get a Deluxe. I won't mind too much either way, though.

Going to pick up my pre-orders in a few hours. I wonder if there will be people trying to buy them off of the pre-order crowd. Seems to happen every time a new system comes out. Received the call from the Wal-Mart employee who told me layaway would be open at midnight for the launch.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Going to pick up my pre-orders in a few hours. I wonder if there will be people trying to buy them off of the pre-order crowd. Seems to happen every time a new system comes out.[/QUOTE]

Question is, would you sell it if you found yourself in that situation?

[quote name='ral1121']Question is, would you sell it if you found yourself in that situation?[/QUOTE]

I most definitely would. If the price is right that is. ;) @Jak, the basic bundle is a ripoff. I don't even consider it being called a system.

[quote name='ral1121']Question is, would you sell it if you found yourself in that situation?[/QUOTE]

Plan B: grab the remaining Twinkies, cupcakes, and Ding Dongs. Better return than competing videogame investments. :drool:

I had made the mistake of paying off my layaway a few days ago but the staff there were nice enough to set my system aside. I stopped by the layaway desk today and sure enough, they remembered me. I've got 2 deluxe systems waiting for me!

[quote name='PaleGreen']Plan B: grab the remaining Twinkies, cupcakes, and Ding Dongs. Better return than competing videogame investments. :drool:[/QUOTE]

Pfft, your more likely to get stabbed over Hostess products than you would a WiiU

Well fuck it. I'm outside target. Only five of us so far, and I'm really regretting not bringing a blanket. At least I'm bundled like an Eskimo.

[quote name='sp00ge']Well fuck it. I'm outside target. Only five of us so far, and I'm really regretting not bringing a blanket. At least I'm bundled like an Eskimo.[/QUOTE]

There's already five?! I had a similar game plan (my Target opens at 8 AM), and I wasn't planning on heading over til midnight.

[quote name='jedi0077']Just FYI. Every console launch I sign up for gameflys current trial. Now it's 15.95 for first 2 months. I paid and already canceled. For two months ill be trying and playing a lot of wii u games. I'm only buying Mario U at this point. This plan worked great for wii back in the day. And now gamefly has a center really close to me so should be even better![/QUOTE]

gamefly has become awful with new games you might have problems getting alot of wii u games. takes me like two months to get new release

Why is everyone saying the Wii U Pro Controller is going to be rare? Gamestop.com and Bestbuy.com is showing up for Preorder. I want to place an order online but if its going to be backordered, I want to have a second plan.

So results from that Wal-Mart trick on SlickDeals are mixed, and I really think there's like a 50/50 shot that this is going to work.

Since I already cancelled my KMart order, if this doesn't go through I guess I'm just gonna take a deep breath and move on with my life for now. My own stupidity doing me in again.

[quote name='8bitgamer']I need to figure out another name to sign up for the trial. ive run out of emails to use for gamefly :(

Ive used my first name, middle name, nickname, wife's name. daugthers name.[/QUOTE]

just keep using your name they don't care all they do is look at email i have done for years when i want to get cheap month or two

[quote name='SteveGo']If they go according to policy, they're supposed to hold lawaway items until December 14th, so you should be fine as long as the employees at that store know what they're doing.[/QUOTE]

since when does a store follow their policy

[quote name='maximumzero']So results from that Wal-Mart trick on SlickDeals are mixed, and I really think there's like a 50/50 shot that this is going to work.

Since I already cancelled my KMart order, if this doesn't go through I guess I'm just gonna take a deep breath and move on with my life for now. My own stupidity doing me in again.[/QUOTE]

I got an order in and called the store to see if they'd set mine aside and he said he would. Here's hoping. Headed out shortly to see if they'll honor it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back