Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I don't know why they'd save them for BF. There won't be a system sale that soon and they don't need BF to sell the consoles. They will sale immediately for current price.[/QUOTE]

They save them to draw people into the store, whether or not they buy the WiiU or they even have many in stock, they'll likely buy other sale items too.

[quote name='Todmicahels']What happened? I paid mine, off completely so I wanna know what to expect[/QUOTE]

Expect total fuck-ery. I mean come on, they should have gave me the console when I paid it off :) They didn't know what to do so he just wrote down my serial number and the upc. Honestly, I shouldn't have tried to pick it up early. lol

I just received an email from TRU telling me my Deluxe system is being prepared for shipment and will be delivered between 11/26-29. Seemed slow at first but then I remembered Thanksgiving was thrown in the middle.

[quote name='gordojones88']Please stop posting.[/QUOTE]

WHAT THE fuck IS people problem on this website. so much hate on this nintendo thread my god i never get hate on other threads. THIS IS A CONVO board not a board where you talk once a day

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I don't know why they'd save them for BF. There won't be a system sale that soon and they don't need BF to sell the consoles. They will sale immediately for current price.[/QUOTE]
They're not trying to sell the consoles.

They're trying to lure people in to get the other stuff they have.

Called my Target 5 mins to close and the guy said they have a lot more extras than he expected and he doesnt think too many people will be lined up waiting for them, he insists i will have no problem getting one if i'm there by 8am. I didnt have a single coworker that even knew what the Wii U was. I think the hype isnt going to fully kick in until black friday.

[quote name='darkskill']5GB update? Seems like Nintendo is following in the footsteps of Sony. jeez[/QUOTE]

I could see nintendo thinking they'll sell a lot of units that will never touch an internet connection, better to not have to use up the extra GB or two this update takes up. especially on the basic units.

i'm sure they have good stats on what percentages of Wii units actually went online. it's probably less than you think.

Just got back from a midnight release at Best Buy. My Best Buy had about 33 non preorder Deluxe consoles and 15 non preorder Basic consoles. I didn't have a preorder and I was able to pick up the system without much of a hassle. I arrived 2 hours early and I was number 25. Overall, was a pleasant experience. :D

Wow, System Update is massive. Kudo's for N having it ready to go at 12:34am. My 10mbs dls is crawling the status forward. HUGE update or slow service from the big N. I'm sure thousands are updating at the same time though. Should have played Mario first! Remote setup is amazing. Literally 15 seconds and my Vizio and Directv box were totally setup. Brilliant!

[quote name='jedi0077']wow, system update is massive. Kudo's for n having it ready to go at 12:34am. My 10mbs dls is crawling the status forward. Huge update or slow service from the big n. I'm sure thousands are updating at the same time though. Should have played mario first! Remote setup is amazing. Literally 15 seconds and my vizio and directv box were totally setup. Brilliant![/quote]

dsl.... Oh and some couple paid me 80$ for a black pro controller. Are those going to be rare? I still have one.

[quote name='Donut2922']Is it just me or has ebay disabled the search filter for "completed listings?"[/QUOTE]

You just have to click on the advanced tab next to search, then click on the box containing completed listings and then you can see them.

Anyone know if people will be camping Toys are R us or sears since they are like the last places that will have these?

Success. Got my two deluxe's. Only 2 systems left after the layaways. I think this will be harder to get than most think. Like they said above, play the games and update later.

[quote name='Donut2922']Is it just me or has ebay disabled the search filter for "completed listings?"[/QUOTE]

Click "choose more" under the buying options tab.

Herietta Ny walmart in upstate ny is sold out, picked up my order at midnight, they had 2 extra deluxe and 4-6 basic, sold out in five minutes.

[quote name='jedi0077']Wow, System Update is massive. Kudo's for N having it ready to go at 12:34am. My 10mbs dls is crawling the status forward. HUGE update or slow service from the big N. I'm sure thousands are updating at the same time though. Should have played Mario first! Remote setup is amazing. Literally 15 seconds and my Vizio and Directv box were totally setup. Brilliant![/QUOTE]

Same exact experience as you! 30 mins plus and counting :(
At least I got Nintendo land up on eBay.

Just got back from my Best Buy midnight launch. No issues. I had preordered for in-store pickup and they had all those set aside. The cashier ran everything through the system before midnight, I was free to wander the store, then at 12:01 am they handed me my bag and I was out the door. Kudos to Best Buy for being organized and running a well-handled launch!

Going to hit Toys R Us in the morning to take advantage of the B1G40% sale.

Haha, flippers will have Nintendoland down to $20 in 2 weeks I bet. I doubt anyone was planning on paying $60 for it, but keep that in mind if you are! I bet you can snag a copy for $30 tomorrow no problem on CL or Ebay.

[quote name='GarrettJD']Just got back from my Best Buy midnight launch. No issues. I had preordered for in-store pickup and they had all those set aside. The cashier ran everything through the system before midnight, I was free to wander the store, then at 12:01 am they handed me my bag and I was out the door. Kudos to Best Buy for being organized and running a well-handled launch!

Going to hit Toys R Us in the morning to take advantage of the B1G40% sale.[/QUOTE]
Go to to target instead get 1 get %50 off 1 or buy 2 get half off 1 however you want to call it.

[quote name='CAGALICIOUS']I wish someone was streaming themselves playing it![/QUOTE]

i found only one on twitch was a gaming group. they have since went off air

So I gotta share my story, it's so fucked up! I went to Walmart at 10:30 in Merrillville, IN to pick up my preorder. I went early because I wanted to make sure to get a Pro Controller. Walmart got in 60 Deluxe + 4 Basic. 52 of the 60 Deluxe were for preorders. The first 7 people in line didn't have a preorder, so those went fast. Not only did the Walmart NOT have Pro Controllers, they only had the games that were released on 11/13, no Mario, ZombieU, etc.

So I darted over to Meijer at 12:15am which is a mile down the road to see if they had any games. Not only did they have all games in stock, they had 5 basic model Wii U's in stock! I asked them how many they got in, they got 10 total(4 Deluxe and 6 Basic)! So Walmart has this huge crowd and is out immediately and Meijers wasnt touched -_-. Worse part was that the Pro Controllers at Meijer weren't programmed in the system, so they wouldn't ring up...meaning they couldn't sell them. Such an odd night!

[quote name='Kaiser499']Anything good up on the shop yet?[/QUOTE]

I believe there are 5 games up, including Trine 2:Directors Cut and Mighty Switch Force HD. The World of Goo devs have a new game called Little Inferno but I dont know what its like. Not sure about the other 2, I forgot the names.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']i found only one on twitch was a gaming group. they have since went off air[/QUOTE]

there are a few streams up.
ive been watching this one since midnight:
twitch.tv/gamesradar

Wound up with a basic set one. Showed up at 24 hr walmart right around 11pm. They got 9 total (5 deluxe, 4 basic) I was 8th in line.

Already got it listed on the Ebay, no sale after 5 days back it goes to walmart.

Hoping I get 450ish, would be 100 in profit. If not, im out nothing other than some time waiting in line with my wife just hanging out. Haha.

Bestbuy.com has the option of doing an in-store pickup for the Pro controllers. I got 3 from where I will be picking up my Wii U tomorrow. This has been the easiest Console Launch I've experienced.

because it gets people into the stores?

For anyone who picked up their unit at Walmat, do you know how long you have to return it? I'm planning on flipping my pre-orders so I need to know what's the last day to return them. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='kilik64']Wound up with a basic set one. Showed up at 24 hr walmart right around 11pm. They got 9 total (5 deluxe, 4 basic) I was 8th in line.

Already got it listed on the Ebay, no sale after 5 days back it goes to walmart.

Hoping I get 450ish, would be 100 in profit. If not, im out nothing other than some time waiting in line with my wife just hanging out. Haha.[/QUOTE]

Well aren't you a nice person.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']25 preorders? that would be like ten grand if he buys them all but he could make double that as a flipper. if he does get all those 25 he is my most hated flipper[/QUOTE]

you can not make 10 grand from 25 preorders.. With prices on ebay you are getting maybe $100 profit each system. $2500 profit total

Note to all: Dont try to register the games just yet, nintendo recognizes them as games that are not released yet, and should be returned back the store immediatedly. lol

Also for those looking around for WiiU's I would suggest Meijers, 24 hours store, and lowkey as hell compared to walmart,

[quote name='jrr6415sun']you can not make 10 grand from 25 preorders.. With prices on ebay you are getting maybe $100 profit each system. $2500 profit total[/QUOTE]

you would be shocked how much people will pay if this system is hard to find for months on end. just ask ps3 flippers.

the Sears around here doesn't open until 11AM on Sunday but the last time I was in there the "gaming section" didn't amount to much more than a randomly placed endcap in the middle of the electronic section I am hoping I can buy 8 Wii U's and sell them for a profit of $2000 each on Christmas Eve

does anybody know how long they will hold it for me on layaway? i pre-ordered it but want to make payments just dont wont to go in, in lets say 2 weeks and find out they canceled it and sold it i dont know just seems like walmart would do something like that. could anybody help?

[quote name='kilik64']Wound up with a basic set one. Showed up at 24 hr walmart right around 11pm. They got 9 total (5 deluxe, 4 basic) I was 8th in line.

Hoping I get 450ish, would be 100 in profit. If not, im out nothing other than some time waiting in line with my wife just hanging out. Haha.[/QUOTE]
You're a dirtbag

[quote name='MPORTtheBEAST']does anybody know how long they will hold it for me on layaway? i pre-ordered it but want to make payments just dont wont to go in, in lets say 2 weeks and find out they canceled it and sold it i dont know just seems like walmart would do something like that. could anybody help?[/QUOTE]

pretty sure when you put something on lawaway you pay a deposit, so as long as you dont miss a payment they won't sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back