Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
For people in the Charlotte, NC area, I just came back from the Bestbuy Rivergate location. They have both systems, tons of pro controllers and games. There was one person outside waiting when I got there. Just a heads up.

nintendo has done a poor job of marketing this

unless you sought out information on this you would have never even known it was launching

Just by reading a couple of these last pages some of u said some people were buying more than one at some Targets. The employees arent supposed to let them buy more than one. Its 1 per guest. Thats what i got told by management at my store so we can serve every guest. And if they get upset then oh well all my managers are gonna say the same thing right back.

lol. Lets say someone buys 3 WiiU's. Would u rather have 1 happy guest and 2 angry guests or 3 happy guests.? I would take the 3 guests over 1.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Good luck with that, Target.[/QUOTE]

What's your problem? It's a good thing for cags who didnt preorder that target would do that. Stop being a cynical ass.

[quote name='riotheart']Seems like these aren't actually selling out hm?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']What's your problem? It's a good thing for cags who didnt preorder that target would do that. Stop being a cynical ass.[/QUOTE]

I preordered. Don't care about people who didn't.

So Target was a breeze with the preorder card. All preorders were set aside and they did ask for a receipt. Other than preorders there was one black and one white. A few people left disappointed but everyone else had preorders. Updating!

[quote name='spmahn']I highly doubt it, the demand just won't be there Christmas or not, and the supply will be abundent.[/QUOTE]

People on this site know very little about resale.

Since last night the average selling price on eBay for the Wii U has gone up.

Same idiots said that the Black Ops 2 hardened would resell after release and it is still consistently going for over $130.

My TRU still has several white Wii U's left. They're out of the black ones. I guess the deluxe version is the most popular. Not surprising really. I thought about buying one to flip but decided against it. For one thing the margins are too thin to make it worth it right now (even at $400 for the white one on eBay, after fees + shipping you'll only net maybe 30 bucks) plus someone else probably wants them and I don't really want to be a dick.

Got the last Deluxe and last copy of Mario at my TRU (also got Scribblenauts). It took quite a while to update the firmware, and after doing so I fired up Mario and played a few levels. Mario in HD finally is awesome!

Just got back from Gamestop, they must have flew through the line of people, because I got there 10 minutes late and it was empty. Either way got my Deluxe and a pretty nifty Scribblenauts hat to match the headphones I already have

When the Wii came out I camped out for the release at Beat Buy starting at 2. By the time the store opened they had 6 people in line and they had 20 units.

This is the only best buy anywhere close in the area and they were available everywhere right at launch so I'd say seeing them today really has no bearing on holiday demand.

Just checked my store online and it already says on the deluxe "limited stock". Seems alot of people want the deluxe over the basic cause that one still says "in stock". We got in a little over 30 of the deluxe and only like 15 of the basic.

Got a deluxe at Target. Just walked in and went to the electronics. Didn't have a preorder. They had 3 basic and 2 deluxe left for non-reserved ones.

Just got back from my Best Buy(who decided to open an hour early for whatever reason), and picked up my pre-ordered Deluxe no problem. I have no idea how many they have/had as I never saw their stock, but one of the employees did remark, "Wow, I had no idea these would be so popular".

Heads up on the WALMARTS went to my local one in Norwalk CT and was told they have about 30 consoles after the pre-orders but could not tell me how many of each model. I was also told that they dont plan on selling any of the extras until all the pre-orders have been picked up. They are proactively telling people they dont have any just to settle down the crowds. (This is from the electronics manager of my local store after prodding for about 20 mins and not accepting her B.S. answer of not having any) She said just to call throughout the day to see when the last pre-order has been picked up then head down.......No worries though walked into a Best Buy at 930am and got my Deluxe!!!!

[quote name='therealdanhill']Nobody said anything? Christ.[/QUOTE]

Well the starstruck Walmart night manager snuck him into layaway so he wasn't "swarmed by fans". I sat there and waited to get my pre-order as he took countless pictures with the employees and gave 'em a few free tickets.

[quote name='Blaster man']Wow, I wonder if the Wii U is going to be all that popular? I assume they'll sell out but the fact that they're in stock everywhere right now seems odd.[/QUOTE]

How can you say they are in stock everywhere? That is obviously YMMV. I love how people say "went into target and found one" like it isn't a YMMV situation.

[quote name='GBAstar']How can you say they are in stock everywhere? That is obviously YMMV. I love how people say "went into target and found one" like it isn't a YMMV situation.[/QUOTE]

Availability - as many predicted - is quite good. If you want one, you can very likely find one.

[quote name='PaleGreen']Availability - as many predicted - is quite good. If you want one, you can very likely find one.[/QUOTE]

You don't say? You mind ordering me a deluxe unit from a reputable retailer? I'll pay you a 15% finders fee....

Didn't think so....

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just got back from Gamestop, they must have flew through the line of people, because I got there 10 minutes late and it was empty. Either way got my Deluxe and a pretty nifty Scribblenauts hat to match the headphones I already have[/QUOTE]

I am jealous. I want that hat.

[quote name='GBAstar']You don't say? You mind ordering me a deluxe unit from a reputable retailer? I'll pay you a 15% finders fee....

Didn't think so....[/QUOTE]

Get off your rump and go hunt! I'm talking about brick & mortar. There is no shortage of success stories here or in other forums.

[quote name='GBAstar']How can you say they are in stock everywhere? That is obviously YMMV. I love how people say "went into target and found one" like it isn't a YMMV situation.[/QUOTE]

I know right. Plus it's been out for like 2 hours.

[quote name='PaleGreen']Get off your rump and go hunt! I'm talking about brick & mortar. There is no shortage of success stories here or in other forums.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay.. so you're saying that there are some in select retail stores on the first day of launch?

Yep that definitely means they will be easy to come by during the next few days which happen to also be the busiest shopping days of the year. I mean the fact that a few are available early Sunday morning when most people are either sleeping in, at church, or unaware of the hardware launching.... sure I guess it'll only be easier to find them as time goes on! :roll::roll::roll:

The lines weren't bad around the area here, the walmart I got mine at was already sold out(lucked up and got mine via walmart.com so it was waiting on me this morning) but it sounds like other stores here had them at opening this morning.

I expect as it gets closer and closer to Christmas that these will be harder to come by, the marketing wasn't that big for it, I think I've only seen 2 Wii U commercials on TV. Once the kiddies see them in stores and play some demos they'll want em'. Seems like I've heard more bitching from flippers than anything (not on here, just on other forums).

Waiting on that damn system update to finish now so I can play.

Best Buy is taking everything BUT consoles for store pick up today. I was gonna hit up Target/Toys R U but just gonna go in and price match NSMB U, ZombiU, CAWADOODIE and Batman with the Target deal. Also got a Pro Controller for pick up.

This.

Plus most people here are failing to realize that most retailers only took pre-orders for 4 days only which was smart of them so they could come close to their demand without overselling.

Another factor I noticed while on line was that people didn't know it was available to pre-order to begin with due to it being cut off so fast. I expect people to be scrambling for the deluxe models within the next 2 weeks especially on Black Friday and only increasing as we get closer to Christmas.

I'm picking up my deluxe model in a little bit from gamestop and I bought zombie u and nsmb games. The question is do I just gift wrap this for Xmas right away for my gf? Or give it to her today haha

Well lets put it this way, there's plenty of stock near me and I'm not exactly in a rural area. I'm sure places will start to sell out but I expected them to immediately sell out when the stores opened. This might turn into another PS3 situation where flippers are buying inventory then returning them when they realize that there's plenty of stock for sale.

lol, man, I bought in to the internet (namely CAG) hysteria. I was able to get 2 this morning, and on top of that, they weren't sold out at the wal-mart or Best Buy I went to. And, no, I didn't pre-order at either store. Regardless, I'm grateful I got one (what I'll do with the other...I'm unsure), but are we certain these are going to fly off the shelves? Who knows? Maybe Nintendo is keeping hush about this because of low supply.

[quote name='Blaster man']Well lets put it this way, there's plenty of stock near me and I'm not exactly in a rural area. I'm sure places will start to sell out but I expected them to immediately sell out when the stores opened. This might turn into another PS3 situation where flippers are buying inventory then returning them when they realize that there's plenty of stock for sale.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting in line to pick up my preorder and My store is sold out and based on my sampling of this one store, I am going to conclude that the wiiU is sold out across the world.

Just came from BB and it seems to be a pretty quiet launch for this thnig. I remember when the Wii came out, the lines for the thing was outside the store and they had alot of extra employees around just to deal with that. I went to the store a few minutes after opening and there wasnt many people in the store and I only saw one person who purchased 2 deluxe versions. My BB didnt even have a section for it in the gaming department as all the system, games and accesories were on a table up at the front.

Processing
Your order is being processed. It will arrive on Tuesday, 11/20/2012

Walmart.com sucks. I ordered this thing all the way back on September 16th, it should have shipped by now.

[quote name='Blaster man']Well lets put it this way, there's plenty of stock near me and I'm not exactly in a rural area. I'm sure places will start to sell out but I expected them to immediately sell out when the stores opened. This might turn into another PS3 situation where flippers are buying inventory then returning them when they realize that there's plenty of stock for sale.[/QUOTE]

I would love for you to tell me how you can tell there is plenty of stock near you. Best Buy and Gamestop will show stock online as long as they still have preorders that haven't been picked up. I'm not sure how it works for Target as I can't remember the last time they took preorders for anything that had significant demand. Unless you can get real time inventory of your local stores you have no way of knowing if they have 1 or 100 units or if they have completely sold out. It is ignorant to say they have "plenty" of stock when I am sure they have very few if any deluxe units and a very small amount of basic units. You guys make it sound like there are just dozens taking up shelf space.

This is just as stupid as the people who said "DERP Black Ops II Hardened Edition (360) is back in stock on Amazon.... will hit clearance soon" and to my knowledge that sold out in hours and hasn't been in stock for either platform online at any retailer since.

I wish people had better perspective on things.

It's a good thing I actually lined up in front of Target this morning. I got there at 7:30 and there were already 8 people in line. My father and I were the 9th and 10th person. At around 7:55, 3 employees came out and told us exactly how many they had (14 deluxe and 6 basic). They also asked who had reservation cards. I was the only person that had the cards and was moved to the first spot in line. When we got inside the store, they sold EVERY unit they had. They did not hold any for the others that purchased the reservation cards. I know for a fact that it wasn't just me who purchased them because when I got them there were only 3 left on the shelf and I took 2. I called them yesterday and they said they were sold out.

TL;DR

The Target that I went to DID NOT hold any consoles for 7 days like the card says. You had to be in line when they opened the store. If you weren't, you are SOL. :cold:

The Target off Airport Rd in Allentown, PA had a couple Basic Wii Us as of about 10:45am today. I wanted the Deluxe so I passed on it. They're at the guest services desk.

[quote name='rayfrombk']

The Target that I went to DID NOT hold any consoles for 7 days like the card says. You had to be in line when they opened the store. If you weren't, you are SOL. :cold:[/QUOTE]

From what I've gathered from reading this thread your Target must have had a bunch in the back room as these have been confirmed to be widely available by CAGs best and brightest... but maybe they were just holding the extra inventory for Brook Lopez...

Kmart here in Buffalo only had 2. It was just me and 1 other person waiting at the door, so it work out good. But people kept calling while we were cashing out asking if they had any. Walmart sold out quick last night at midnight and so did best buy here

I went to a Target and Walmart this morning both in out of the way places and they were sold out of everything well not games. I have a system coming from Newegg but was looking for a Pro controller. So came home checked BB stock said they have pro's available did it for store pick up and got confirmation it's ready to pick up now right before they open. So at least got one before the rush hits the store at open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back