Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's available at all my local walmarts, deluxe and regular. Online and in-store. Not going to buy or get one. I can wait. I don't want to spend the money.

I would still like a Wii though. I Have lots of Wii games.

[quote name='GBAstar']Oh okay.. so you're saying that there are some in select retail stores on the first day of launch?

Yep that definitely means they will be easy to come by during the next few days which happen to also be the busiest shopping days of the year. I mean the fact that a few are available early Sunday morning when most people are either sleeping in, at church, or unaware of the hardware launching.... sure I guess it'll only be easier to find them as time goes on! :roll::roll::roll:[/QUOTE]

The supply channel will be aggressively refreshed through the holiday season. Nintendo's made statements to this effect.

If you want a "launch" unit, they're out there. If you want to wait a bit, you should still be able to find consoles. Perhaps not from your retailer of choice, but also not from some d-bag on CL.

I did not preorder. Walked into Target in a busy section of Phoenix this morning at 9 A.M. and bought a Deluxe. They had about 3 or 4 left as well.

That was really easy.

[quote name='b3b0p']Well, it's available at all my local walmarts, deluxe and regular. Online and in-store. Not going to buy or get one. I can wait. I don't want to spend the money.

I would still like a Wii though. I Have lots of Wii games.[/QUOTE]

Where is the in-store pickup option on Walmart.com so that I can check the inventory at my local store?

Because yes my Walmart had some thing morning but they were being held for those that preordered.

[quote name='GBAstar']From what I've gathered from reading this thread your Target must have had a bunch in the back room as these have been confirmed to be widely available by CAGs best and brightest... but maybe they were just holding the extra inventory for Brook Lopez...[/QUOTE]

If they were holding them in the back, then it must have been for the employees. A customer asked if there were more in the back and they said no.

[quote name='GBAstar']From what I've gathered from reading this thread your Target must have had a bunch in the back room as these have been confirmed to be widely available by CAGs best and brightest... but maybe they were just holding the extra inventory for Brook Lopez...[/QUOTE]

People forget that the store does not have to tell you exactly how many they have.
Unless you know the stock person in the back, you don't know. Local Target stores were holding units for reservations (I know because I know more than a few people who work stock and Electronics at local Targets).

The store where I got mine this morning was holding units for reservations. Yes, they sold through their inventory (about 80 deluxes), but they were still holding reservations. Now...how long were they going to sit on those? I don't know.

[quote name='rayfrombk']If they were holding them in the back, then it must have been for the employees. A customer asked if there were more in the back and they said no.[/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic and making a play on the experience of the dude that did actually see Brook Lopez pick up a few units at a Walmart. I believe your target gave out all the units. They did the same at my store and the deal was if you preordered it only guaranteed a unit if you were there sunday morning at opening.

[quote name='dragonjud']People forget that the store does not have to tell you exactly how many they have.
Unless you know the stock person in the back, you don't know. Local Target stores were holding units for reservations (I know because I know more than a few people who work stock and Electronics at local Targets).

The store where I got mine this morning was holding units for reservations. Yes, they sold through their inventory (about 80 deluxes), but they were still holding reservations. Now...how long were they going to sit on those? I don't know.[/QUOTE]

Where do you live? 80 Deluxes? I would be willing to bet that is more deluxe units then the small metropolitan area I live in got... all retailers combined. You must have one of those new super mega exaggeration Target's.

Ugh, this stupid update is taking forever. Was hoping to atleast be able to sign-up for Nintendo Network and Link to Club Nintendo before I had to leave

[quote name='GBAstar']I was being sarcastic and making a play on the experience of the dude that did actually see Brook Lopez pick up a few units at a Walmart. I believe your target gave out all the units. They did the same at my store and the deal was if you preordered it only guaranteed a unit if you were there sunday morning at opening.[/QUOTE]

Oh, lol. I didn't read any posts this morning. I just got back and wanted to share my experience.

Currently downloading the update.

I'm surprised that the Target B2G1 50% off deal isn't getting more talk. I grabbed Mario, ZombiU, and Ninja Gaiden.

Anybody else's HDMI cable smell like a band aid?

*goes back to watching the blue progress bar*

Also Target sort of screwed up the $5 gift card that I was supposed to get, I think. I don't know what they did but the total came out completely wrong; it was like $780 something at first after scanning some new gift cards. They had to do a lot of overriding in order to get the price to show up as $760 which is after NY tax.

I arrived at my Target 30 minutes before opening, got out of my car 15 minutes before. There were like 6 people before me in line, 5 behind me when they opened. As soon as we got to the electronics section, they immediately said they only had consoles for those who pre ordered. Everyone was pretty pissed since they had been waiting for a while. Only me and someone else had a pre order card. :)

[quote name='ELUNO']I arrived at my Target 30 minutes before opening, got out of my car 15 minutes before. There were like 6 people before me in line, 5 behind me when they opened. As soon as we got to the electronics section, they immediately said they only had consoles for those who pre ordered. Everyone was pretty pissed since they had been waiting for a while. Only me and someone else had a pre order card. :)[/QUOTE]

The people were pissed, but they did what they were supposed to. :)

Just went to my local Target (South Bay Boston, Massachusetts) with my wife and son around 8:00am this morning. I was actually the very first person to preorder a wii u at my local Target (Deluxe unit of course). When we pulled in, there was a line with about 30 people. I was literally the last person to get there as the stored opened up it's doors but was the first to walk out with my brand new Wii U Deluxe, along with NSMBU and Sonic All Star Racing Transformed. They had about 40 Wii U Deluxes (I didn't see one Wii U Basic). They were all in some metal cage in the electronic section and there were two lines, one for preorders and the other for walk ins.

I was the only preorder there at the time, out of the 30 plus people (Who also looked like they camped out all night, felt kinda bad). Loving the Wii U thus far though. Highly recommend it if, there are games you are interested in NOW. If not, I would hold off until something grabs you like Smash Brothers, Pikmin, Lego City Undercover or Rayman Legends.

Picked up my Deluxe at GameStop, turns out they decided to open a little early which I didn't know so I got it 10 minutes earlier then I thought I would, from when I got in I only saw 2 more get sold, 1 to a guy in his 20s and one to a mom and her young like 7ish year old kid.

Target opens at 8 and I got there at about 8:10 to obtain the last system they had, which was a deluxe. They received a total of 18 systems but held 12 for people with reservations. A few minutes after I arrived, another gentleman was asking for them. Poor guy.

I'm not even sure I want mine. I just bought it at Target because they have a 90 day return policy and I can probably figure out whether or not I'll keep it in that time frame. Or I'll forget, like with my DSi, and then just be stuck with it and finally open it half a year later.

[quote name='GBAstar']I would love for you to tell me how you can tell there is plenty of stock near you. Best Buy and Gamestop will show stock online as long as they still have preorders that haven't been picked up. I'm not sure how it works for Target as I can't remember the last time they took preorders for anything that had significant demand. Unless you can get real time inventory of your local stores you have no way of knowing if they have 1 or 100 units or if they have completely sold out. It is ignorant to say they have "plenty" of stock when I am sure they have very few if any deluxe units and a very small amount of basic units. You guys make it sound like there are just dozens taking up shelf space.

This is just as stupid as the people who said "DERP Black Ops II Hardened Edition (360) is back in stock on Amazon.... will hit clearance soon" and to my knowledge that sold out in hours and hasn't been in stock for either platform online at any retailer since.

I wish people had better perspective on things.[/QUOTE]

I just called my best buy. They don't have the deluxe in stock but they have a bunch of the white ones left. People can still go into the stores in my area and pick them up but then maybe I have more stores than some of you.

for u sders, target in balboa has a ton and no line right now. at least 15 black units and a bunch of white ones. kerney mesa target is sold out, they only got 3 in lol.

We have a ton of systems at the target on Fulton and alta arden. About 15 deluxe and 15 standard. We got a lot of systems, also if you're from CAG feel free to say hi to me. I have a beard and glasses!

gamestop was so painless, i preordered first day, walked in at 10am when they opened, picked up my console and a pro controller, out the door, no waiting no hassle, A++ experience

passed by Tru after but they didnt have Ninja Gaiden 3 so i passed on the deal for games, wouldve gotten that and Epic Mickey

Went to the new Chicago downtown store on State street. Stood in line about an hour before they opened with three other people (1 was just there as a friend) so effectively two people in front of me. The doors finally open after about 15 others lined up behind us. We all walk in civilly and get up there (people started marching faster after the Target people were not looking). Got up there and find out someone decided not to stand in line with everyone else but went in a side door by herself - making her the first in line (now three people in front of me).

Keep in mind this is a massive brand new Target in the heart of Chicago about a city block in size. They had 3 deluxe and 2 whites. The three people in front of me got the deluxe models, including the cheating woman who knew what she was doing (you had to pass by the massive line of people to get to the side door).

Luckily, I went to the Target on Roosevelt at 8:30 about a quarter mile south and walked in and bought one. They had so many in the back it was almost comical. I am glad it turned out OK, I was really upset at what had happened and really only went to that other Target as a "maybe"

If anyone is in Chicago, that store was dead and had a ton.

I was on the waiting list at my local gamestop, just got a call from them that they have extras of the deluxe and to come pick mines up if I still want it. I guess I'm getting a wii u today. :D

Was able to pick one Basic up @ a Toys R Us in NJ. All Deluxe were sold out.

Got there and stood in line for about 30 minutes behind 5-10 people. There was a family of about 6 folks who split up and individually purchased 2 Basic consoles each. I thought the resale market wasn't that good for Basics especially?

Your order ------------- for the Nintendo Wii U, is processing. . Our records show that the order should ship tomorrow, 11/19. You should receive your order no later than 11/20. Once it has shipped, you will receive a shipment confirmation email containing the tracking information.

You can track your order online at Walmart.com by clicking "Track Your Orders" at the bottom of our home page. You can sign in with your email address and password to see your full order history, or quickly track your order by entering the order number listed above.

Please note: After your order has shipped, it may take 24 to 48 hoursfor the carrier to update the tracking information.

================================

I e-mailed walmart to see why mine hadn't shipped yet and they sent me this back. I paid for 2 day shipping so I wonder if this means they upgraded me to one day shipping for free?

Happy. My NFM.com preorder will ship on Tuesday and they honored the $25 gift card offer on the console that they are running so will get my Wii-u Deluxe for $349.12 net. Almost like buying from Amazon with no sales tax.

I managed to pick mine up earlier this morning at a TRU. Went an hour before opening. They didn't have too many of them(I figure, 8 deluxe and 5 regular), but I was 5th in line and managed to get deluxe so no problems here.

Just got back from target. They had about 30 of the black and the same for white. Not a single person in line got a white, there was about 25 people ahead of me
I had a pre order but wasn't able to go to front of line like many said they were. Oh well got my black wii u and that is all that matters :)

Target actually held one for the reservation cards. The guy said they sold out of all the others that didn't have reservation cards. Very happy camper.

Preordered 2 deluxe's at the Walmart in Howell NJ. When I went this morning they only had one for me. Got refunded for the missing one instead of waiting for another to come in at a later date plus a gift card. Assistant Manager was a good guy. The associates I delt with on the other hand...

Freehold NJ Walmart no problems!

Got mine off lay-a-way at walmart it was painless, on the way out i noticed 2 of the white systems in the case.

Update finished time to play

Oh wow, swear I'm the luckiest dude on the planet. My Wii U's Gamepad AC Adaptor wont work, Gamestop doesnt sell them, and they wont let me get a brand new console just for the cable.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Oh wow, swear I'm the luckiest dude on the planet. My Wii U's Gamepad AC Adaptor wont work, Gamestop doesnt sell them, and they wont let me get a brand new console just for the cable.

Went to Best Buy and got my preorder quickly and painlessly, though for some stupid reason I left my credit card on my coffee table after preordering Mario yesterday. He still let me get my stuff with just my ID.

They had systems left there and white ones at Toys R Us near me. Plenty of games and Pro Controllers as well.

Got Preordered Deluxe at my Bestbuy. had 4 basic units on the floor and only 2 preordered deluxe's when i arrived. Some guy bought 2 of the Basic's so sold out fast. Also Toysrus only had 1.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Oh wow, swear I'm the luckiest dude on the planet. My Wii U's Gamepad AC Adaptor wont work, Gamestop doesnt sell them, and they wont let me get a brand new console just for the cable.

Is ZombiU worth picking up? Getting some very mixed reviews... I thought it looked great, but now I'm second-guessing whether to go to Best Buy and buy it. Don't want to drop $60 when I could buy a different game instead.

[quote name='spmahn']I highly doubt it, the demand just won't be there Christmas or not, and the supply will be abundent.[/QUOTE]

The demand will definitely be there as Ebay and places like Craigslist will be flooded for the first few days and will slow down for a couple of days while other resellers decide to wait just a bit later into the month of December to sell their wares.

The supplies will be abundant (and that is using the word very loosely) in places where there is not too much of a demand for items like the Wii U. Busy places such as the San Francisco Bay Area and even the outlying areas (all the way to Redwood City and possibly San Jose) will be OOS on the Wii U once they start to sell out later today or maybe even the next 48 hours.

As public awareness grows about the system through the news (i.e. the news media outlets start to compile lists like the "Hottest Items of the Holiday Shopping Season" or publish articles about the Wii U launch) and word of mouth, the Wii U will definitely become difficult to snag for MSRP.

I reckon that if you don't find one in a store for the suggested MSRP WITHOUT having to buy a 'forced' bundle by December 10th, you will not find one at all until at least the end of 2012 or early 2013.

[quote name='Dr. Feel Good']Is ZombiU worth picking up? Getting some very mixed reviews... I thought it looked great, but now I'm second-guessing whether to go to Best Buy and buy it. Don't want to drop $60 when I could buy a different game instead.[/QUOTE]

Watch the Giant Bomb quick look!

[quote name='GBAstar']People on this site know very little about resale.

Since last night the average selling price on eBay for the Wii U has gone up.

Same idiots said that the Black Ops 2 hardened would resell after release and it is still consistently going for over $130.[/QUOTE]

No kidding!

I remember walking into.a Walmart in a well populated area and seeing 75-100 TMElmos 2.0 onthe shelf, at the store entrance, around thanksgiving. People just walking by like they were nothing. 4 weeks later the news is running stories about the classified ads of them for $400 and how well they were selling at that price still.

I was able to pick mine up at Target this morning, but now I can't get it to connect to my wireless network. Apparently others are having similar issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back