Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Deader2818']I really wish I could get the damn update started. I got like a little bit of blue on the bar but can't get it to go. I wonder if its just my wireless modem that sucks.[/QUOTE]

It's probably just that Nintendo's servers are completely overloaded with all the new systems that need updating. It took 30+ minutes for mine to update when I picked it up this morning. Hopefully things will improve in the next few days.

Has anyone been having problems with their system locking up? It only seems to happen when I'm switching between apps. I've had to pull the power plug out of the system about six times so far to get it to reboot.

Just have to report that my Presell at Best Buy went great... thanks to this thread for getting me motivated to purchase this system.

Also noticed that the deluxe systems are only going for 400 - 450 on ebay that should drive away the hoarders...:applause:

[quote name='Deader2818']I really wish I could get the damn update started. I got like a little bit of blue on the bar but can't get it to go. I wonder if its just my wireless modem that sucks.[/QUOTE]
People say the update is 5gb, I have no clue mine is still in the mail and will be here Tuesday. I hope it isn't 5gb because I wont get a chance to even turn it on again (after Tuesday) until maybe at the earliest Wed night at around 1 AM if that.

I don't think the update is 5 GB, I think it's just the massive amount of traffic day 1.

Man, I'm happy I picked up a pro controller. I see they are going for about 85-90 on ebay. I have one preordered from Newegg as well, but it hasn't shipped yet. I have a feeling these will get as hard to find as the systems themselves down the line, so if you want one, you should get it soon.

[quote name='Gosha']Man, I'm happy I picked up a pro controller. I see they are going for about 85-90 on ebay. I have one preordered from Newegg as well, but it hasn't shipped yet. I have a feeling these will get as hard to find as the systems themselves down the line, so if you want one, you should get it soon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasnt going to get one but my game stop only had 2 blacks and 2 whites and the other guy got a black so I figured why not, I had 30 credit anyways.

[quote name='vtswordfish']Just got back from going out to get a case for my controller, got one of the rocketdog cases, really like it, will keep the black from getting fingerprints on it. Didn't see any screen protectors but didn't look at gamestop, will check there tomorrow.
.[/QUOTE]

Can you still use the charging stand with the case on?

Was playing on picking it up today with some screen protectors.

Well mine has had some weird issues as well. After the update I waited about 20 minutes then unplugged the thing to get it to reboot since none of the buttons were responsive. It also seems to take FOREVER to load anything in the system menus. I suspect I may have to return it and wait a while before I can get another one...

At least I was able to register my handle. Got my brother's secured as well. I'm very happy to see they are going with unique usernames versus the absurd friend code system. I wish they would do the same in an update for the 3DS. They should make the usernames cross platform as well a la PSN IDs.

[quote name='Brandon Heat']Can you still use the charging stand with the case on?

Was playing on picking it up today with some screen protectors.[/QUOTE]

Yes it works with the case, the bottom was designed open so you can sit it into the charging cradle, definitely worth the purchase!

[quote name='zaw73']Just have to report that my Presell at Best Buy went great... thanks to this thread for getting me motivated to purchase this system.

Also noticed that the deluxe systems are only going for 400 - 450 on ebay that should drive away the hoarders...:applause:[/QUOTE]

Except they are selling like mad on craigslist. Why buy from ebay and wait when you can get it right this moment?

But loving you guys. Every store is sold out. Went to two Targets and a Best Buy. ALL GONE!

I was gonna get a pro controller but it was 50 bucks.... fuck that noise

I just got the Deluxe with Super Mario and TankTankTank.... Me and my friends played drunk mario and it was a great time

Picked up my deluxe with nsmbu, black ops 2, sonic racing & warriors orochi hyper & black pro controller from gamestop. They still had like 5 white pro controllers left

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Well mine has had some weird issues as well. After the update I waited about 20 minutes then unplugged the thing to get it to reboot since none of the buttons were responsive. It also seems to take FOREVER to load anything in the system menus. I suspect I may have to return it and wait a while before I can get another one...[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I'm wondering if it's because of the new firmware not being thoroughly tested or if it's a problem with the system itself. Outside of that the system seems to work great though. There's about a 10-15 second load time after I start an app. I figured that wasn't unusual.

i had no problems at target, walked in gave my pre order paid and walked out in 5 minutes, now setting it up to work with my d link router sucked. I finally got it i think. Seems to be downloading the update but the controller is at like 20% for the last 40 minutes. Im just going to let it charge for now and keep going, hopefully its working.

Id like to be playing nsmbu right now but i guess i have 2 wait

fuck Gamestop. fuck ers there think they can just sell my pre-order unit just b/c they were unable to contact me. Whats the fuck ing point of pre-order and charging me $25, if they can just sell my pre-order at will, as if i wont be picking up my unit and just let them keep my $25. Dumbshit like this only happens @ Gamestop.

Gamestop preorder = BS

[quote name='Daring']fuck Gamestop. fuck ers there think they can just sell my pre-order unit just b/c they were unable to contact me. Whats the fuck ing point of pre-order and charging me $25, if they can just sell my pre-order at will, as if i wont be picking up my unit and just let them keep my $25. Dumbshit like this only happens @ Gamestop.

Gamestop preorder = BS[/QUOTE]

Oh god I am sorry to hear that.....

That is why I do not deal with Gamestop unless they have an incredible deal.

[quote name='stageman12']Apparently some units have either a faulty fan or a bad power supply; the red power LED on the unit just blinks and blinks. It will not turn on or do anything. I have called 4 different BB's and there are none to be had. It never worked straight out of the box.

http://opa-ages.com/forums/topic/65311-wii-us-blinking-light-of-death-overshadowing-the-launch/

Just one of the many stories. I apologize if that is not an allowed link; simply google "wii u blinking light of death"[/QUOTE]

When I bought a Wii it wouldn't work out of the box. It kept giving disc errors every single time and it was the same way so hard to get one anyway. Ended up returning it and over paying for one. So I know your pain buying a new system and it not working and not being able to exchange it sucks ass.

Dumb question, but Target ad is worded poorly: Is it buy 3 total, get 50% off 1? Or is it buy 2 total, one of which is 50% off?

[quote name='Daring']fuck Gamestop. fuck ers there think they can just sell my pre-order unit just b/c they were unable to contact me. Whats the fuck ing point of pre-order and charging me $25, if they can just sell my pre-order at will, as if i wont be picking up my unit and just let them keep my $25. Dumbshit like this only happens @ Gamestop.

This is horrible. I feel like this manager doesn't understand the concept of pre-ordering and should probably choose another profession.

Make sure to leave them a terrible survey; you'll then get the manager in serious trouble. Sorry to hear about that btw :(

Really enjoying Miiverse surprisingly. I am surprised at how many people can draw extremely well with a stylus! The mario community especially has some good ones :)

Nintendo Land is fun, although the prize boxes you get are so random... just replica's of items you find in the mini games, but you can't do anything with them.. oh well!

[quote name='coreyerb']Dumb question, but Target ad is worded poorly: Is it buy 3 total, get 50% off 1? Or is it buy 2 total, one of which is 50% off?[/QUOTE]

Buy 3, get 50% off 1.

I avoid GS if possible, so I'm not sure what their preorder policy is. Maybe it stipulates that if they can't contact you in a reasonable amount of time, you forfeit the item?

Anyways, if you don't pick up a preorder, they'll give you a credit equivalent to what you paid, so you don't lose your money.

[quote name='Davivascaino']I already linked my nintendo account on my wii u, but I can't find the survey to obtain the 160 coins. Any help?[/QUOTE]

me too. I think it just has to do with the number of people linking today. might just be caught in the middle and have to wait a day or two. just a thought.

[quote name='darksurtur']I avoid GS if possible, so I'm not sure what their preorder policy is. Maybe it stipulates that if they can't contact you in a reasonable amount of time, you forfeit the item?

Anyways, if you don't pick up a preorder, they'll give you a credit equivalent to what you paid, so you don't lose your money.[/QUOTE]

todays Day1 release. what do you suggest would be "reasonable amount of time" I get it, if its 3 - 5 days after release, but come on, this is just some BS store manager hooking his buddy up (who hadn't put in a pre-ordered)

After going to Kmart this morning and having them tell me that they were sold out... I got out of work at 4:15 and then called them and asked if they had any... they said they had 2. Went down and picked up the basic edition.. wooooooooooot.. don't care about deluxe didn't need that one anyways

[quote name='Daring']todays Day1 release. what do you suggest would be "reasonable amount of time" I get it, if its 3 - 5 days after release, but come on, this is just some BS store manager hooking his buddy up (who hadn't put in a pre-ordered)[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I hate GS - I'm not trying to justify their behavior. But I can envision something like this:

Three days ago, GS called to verify s/he was still interested in the preorder and to provide pickup details. Didn't hear anything back despite at least two attempts. Maybe there is language in the preorder contract that covers this situation.

Again, I am just speculating.

Well, don't usually post but wanted to share that I had a bad experience at the Target in Hadley, MA. Went into the store with my preorder card and receipt and was told they had a "mixup" and had sold all the units. Is it really that hard to understand what the word "reservation" means?

Pulled up to Best Buy this morning at 9:30 with nobody waiting outside.

Store opened at 10am. There were maybe seven folks waiting by the time the doors opened. Looked like there were roughly 16-24 deluxe systems and maybe 8-16 basics to be had.

A successful morning overall.

[quote name='Finalspirit']Well, don't usually post but wanted to share that I had a bad experience at the Target in Hadley, MA. Went into the store with my preorder card and receipt and was told they had a "mixup" and had sold all the units. Is it really that hard to understand what the word "reservation" means?[/QUOTE]

WOW I would have had a fit. Im over on the other side of MA so it kinda hits close to home

[quote name='Thrinn']Hmm, I'm wondering if it's because of the new firmware not being thoroughly tested or if it's a problem with the system itself. Outside of that the system seems to work great though. There's about a 10-15 second load time after I start an app. I figured that wasn't unusual.[/QUOTE]

Could very well be the firmware is not optimized but hard to say at this stage.

Went into Target with my reservation card this late afternoon.
They were holding it like they were supposed to. Glad they knew how to handle it.

[quote name='JohnWayne']I'm trying to decide between getting the deluxe vs the basic model. Can someone help me out?[/QUOTE]

For the $50 extra for Deluxe, you get a copy of Nintendoland ($60 retail right now), 32GB of storage vs. 8GB of the basic, a charging cradle for the gamepad, a stand for the Wii U console, a stand for the gamepad, and you also get 10% back on all Eshop purchases until 2015 i believe. I don't like the glossy black because it's a finger print magnet.. but the extra's were too much to pass up :)

[quote name='Katsumi']For the $50 extra for Deluxe, you get a copy of Nintendoland ($60 retail right now), 32GB of storage vs. 8GB of the basic, a charging cradle for the gamepad, a stand for the Wii U console, a stand for the gamepad, and you also get 10% back on all Eshop purchases until 2015 i believe. I don't like the glossy black because it's a finger print magnet.. but the extra's were too much to pass up :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I guess I'll just wait till a store gets more deluxe editions in stock instead of getting the basic model now.

FYI West Coast members, my friend said they are doing in-store orders that can be shipped to your home. He got a Wii U deluxe estimated to arrive after Thanksgiving.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Thanks, I guess I'll just wait till a store gets more deluxe editions in stock instead of getting the basic model now.[/QUOTE]

go with deluxe! N-Land is fun! I also like the charging cradle for the Wii Padlet and I can use the extra cradle stand for my Vita.

And 8 gb for basic is weak, because after you make an online account, you are left with barley 3 gb of space. Spend the extra $50. You can always sell N-Land and make money back, as it comes sealed in case.

[quote name='Finalspirit']Well, don't usually post but wanted to share that I had a bad experience at the Target in Hadley, MA. Went into the store with my preorder card and receipt and was told they had a "mixup" and had sold all the units. Is it really that hard to understand what the word "reservation" means?[/QUOTE]
That sucks, I'm about an hour from there. My Target seemed to have some idea of what they were doing, but I went first thing in the morning so I wasn't taking any chances. When I left, they said they thought all the pre-orders came in, and they were going to sell the rest of the remaining systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back