Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jacknicklson']Of course it wouldn't work for me :D[/QUOTE]

I've been doing research for the last half-hour or so and it looks like at one point they were working on a Thunderbolt version due for release in April 2012, but I can't seem to find out what happened to it.

For anyone that ordered the Target bundle on Friday: Has anyone's tracking information updated?

I received two separate tracking numbers, one for NSMB and the other for the console itself. The console tracking information has remained the same since Nov 16.

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Hopefully, it actually updates tonight.

I bought that $10 invisishell by rocketfish for the gamepad. It's worth it. Even has its own nice little stand built in.

So where was it people were finding the cheap FlingSmash bundles? Can't seem to find the page/post that mentioned it.

[quote name='CHADSTONe']I bought that $10 invisishell by rocketfish for the gamepad. It's worth it. Even has its own nice little stand built in.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to get it but I wasn't sure how good it would look/if it would really even work. I might pick it up later when I return my white pro controller.

[quote name='CHADSTONe']I bought that $10 invisishell by rocketfish for the gamepad. It's worth it. Even has its own nice little stand built in.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to get it but I wasn't sure how good it would look/if it would really even work. I might pick it up later when I return my white pro controller.

[quote name='Gareee']Someone said the Wii U does not support 3D.

I just read that assassin's creed 3 not only supports 3D, but ALSO supports it on the gamepad![/QUOTE]What do you mean? Red/blue glasses?

[quote name='therealdeal19']For anyone that ordered the Target bundle on Friday: Has anyone's tracking information updated?

I received two separate tracking numbers, one for NSMB and the other for the console itself. The console tracking information has remained the same since Nov 16.

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."

Hopefully, it actually updates tonight.[/QUOTE]

I am in the exact same boat as you... At this point, I am thinking we won't get these until tomorrow.

=(

Yeah I bought it too and I really like it. Also the Wii U tablet with the invisishell fits perfectly in the Wii U charging cradle if anybody is wondering

So anybody share their scumbag reselling stories? I sold one for $450. I feel kind of bad honestly, but c'est la vie. I plan to make up for it when I'm a parent myself with an actual good job. I'll buy someone's scalped hot new item to continue the cycle. Does that make it OK? Will that help fill the void in my black heart?

At least I kept the first one. Was planning to sell it too, but said screw it and opened it. A bit disappointed, but you can't expect a video game console to be magic. Was hoping Nintendo Land would have the charm Wii Sports did, but it could be me that's changed and not the games.

[quote name='vcplant']$450!?!?!?! I thought these were supposed to go for a thousand a pop. Damn you CAG, DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!![/QUOTE]

It's not the week before Christmas yet.... just wait, you'll see eBay listings asking for $5000 for a Wii U.

[quote name='therealdeal19']For anyone that ordered the Target bundle on Friday: Has anyone's tracking information updated?

My tracking updated this morning, however I only have one tracking number. Mine is currently in shipment and has a delivery date of tomorrow. This was with the standard shipping.

[quote name='gmsick']I had component cables and was running at 480p and wii games look exactly the same played on wii u. I'm just not seeing a difference.[/QUOTE]

And you might not. It's all dependent on the tv it's plugged into. Some people's TVs just happen to do a crappy job with analog component signals. If you don't notice a difference, you probably always wondered why people complained about their Wii's looking super blurry and the colors not being super bright. Additionally, depending on the size of your tv and the distance you sit, you may have never noticed the blurring pixels that plagued others with the Wii.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EeveeFanboy']So anybody share their scumbag reselling stories? I sold one for $450. I feel kind of bad honestly, but c'est la vie. I plan to make up for it when I'm a parent myself with an actual good job. I'll buy someone's scalped hot new item to continue the cycle. Does that make it OK? Will that help fill the void in my black heart?[/quote]

No.

[quote name='ProppaT']And you might not. It's all dependent on the tv it's plugged into. Some people's TVs just happen to do a crappy job with analog component signals. If you don't notice a difference, you probably always wondered why people complained about their Wii's looking super blurry and the colors not being super bright.[/QUOTE]

And some people swear the black guy did it and drove a yellow corvette and was 6' tall 180 lbs.

[quote name='omyard']Eh, it's new system glasses. People do it all the time.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. People are tards. They believe what they want to believe. Most need to feel good about a purchase. Thinking your games look better brings good feelings. Actually realizing it looks the same is a downer that most aren't equipped to handle.

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']So anybody share their scumbag reselling stories? I sold one for $450. I feel kind of bad honestly, but c'est la vie. I plan to make up for it when I'm a parent myself with an actual good job. I'll buy someone's scalped hot new item to continue the cycle. Does that make it OK? Will that help fill the void in my black heart?[/QUOTE]
Please stop posting these. The only thing worse than having to read a scalper's bragging/QQing is the inevitable college freshman jerk that comes behind him to explain the economics of it as if it were some great insight. Please. Enough.

"A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated." [/QUOTE]
I'm in the same boat. I think I've only refreshed a couple hundred times. The Target email I got said delivery by tomorrow. We'll see.

[quote name='trip1eX']And some people swear the black guy did it and drove a yellow corvette and was 6' tall 180 lbs.[/QUOTE]

Look, if you don't understand why a tv might look perfectly fine via HDMI and might perform poorly with component cables, go hang out at avsforum for a while. There's plenty of reasons and for some people with certain TVs it will look sharper and colors will be more defined. Just don't buy your Wii U expecting Wii games to look better and you'll be fine. It's a case by case basis and it's not due to the quality of the component cables used with the Wii.

[quote name='speedracer']Please stop posting these. The only thing worse than having to read a scalper's bragging/QQing is the inevitable college freshman jerk that comes behind him to explain the economics of it. Please. Enough.

I'm in the same boat. I think I've only refreshed a couple hundred times. The Target email I got said delivery by tomorrow. We'll see.[/QUOTE]

Mine should be here soon. It said it was on the truck for delivery. I did the free ship as well and it got here fast

[quote name='cakefoo']What do you mean? Red/blue glasses?[/QUOTE]

No.. playstation games in 3d use the 3d tv lcd shutter glasses. I have not had a chance to try AC3 WiiU yet, though we have it here. I'm assuming that the gamepad uses the same tech for 3d, since thats what they use on the ps3, and also on the tv display for the wii U.

[quote name='crunchewy']Broken link, but yep, that sucks. I hope they change that.[/QUOTE]

Fixed, thanks.

Are saves tied to your account? If so would that mean you couldn't even transfer your saves, either?

[quote name='Gareee']No.. playstation games in 3d use the 3d tv lcd shutter glasses. I have not had a chance to try AC3 WiiU yet, though we have it here. I'm assuming that the gamepad uses the same tech for 3d, since thats what they use on the ps3, and also on the tv display for the wii U.[/QUOTE]

The glasses used for 3D all depends on your tv/monitor. I think he was questioning the statement of 3D being on the gamepad. I don't think the gamepad can display 3D right now, I think that was just a rumor.

[quote name='Gareee']No.. playstation games in 3d use the 3d tv lcd shutter glasses. I have not had a chance to try AC3 WiiU yet, though we have it here. I'm assuming that the gamepad uses the same tech for 3d, since thats what they use on the ps3, and also on the tv display for the wii U.[/QUOTE]

I think you might not really know what you are talking about.

Thank you mods for cleaning up the thread. Especially that QQ guy's post. Welcome to 2006, Mr. "QQ". :roll:

Got my system yesterday at Target, but didn't know if I wanted to open it (YES I DID!) or wait (NO I DID NOT!) .. totally forgot I'd have to wait 48 hours to download a damn update, or else I would have set it to download overnight. Why don't things just work out of the box anymore? I mean I know I could just play without the update, but this is more of a general statement than one towards the Wii U.

[quote name='Japakneez']Wiiu remote plus is the same as regular remote plus?[/QUOTE]

I think the ones with Wii packaging has the sync button under the battery cover. You don't need to remove the battery cover to access the sync button for the ones with Wii U packaging.

[quote name='Thrinn']It looks like your Nintendo ID is tied to the system it's created on and currently there's no way to use it on another Wii U system.

Edit: It looks like Nintendo's stance on this will eventually change according to this article.[/QUOTE]

Wow. My system is funky and I was going to exchange it but I don't want to lose my ID. I hope Nintendo makes the necessary change ASAP. Guess I will hold on my system as long as I can.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wow. My system is funky and I was going to exchange it but I don't want to lose my ID. I hope Nintendo makes the necessary change ASAP. Guess I will hold on my system as long as I can.[/QUOTE]

Are you still having problems with the system locking up?

Anyone have a fix for this?

I'm trying to download the update, but it opens up "downloading data for update", no progress on the progress bar gets made, an then it says it can't connect to the server.

The network connection test is working fine, so I don't think it's my console or router. Should I call The Big N about this?

Yeah.. that is really silly I think. If they can't fix the Nintendo ID issue quickly, they should let us store our Mii / name data on the SD card.. at least then it would be able to be put into another system.

My console is working fine so far, but who knows.. it has seen less than 5 hours play. I would be extremely upset if I lose my nintendo ID because Nintendo can't keep up with modern features.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Anyone have a fix for this?

I'm trying to download the update, but it opens up "downloading data for update", no progress on the progress bar gets made, an then it says it can't connect to the server.

The network connection test is working fine, so I don't think it's my console or router. Should I call The Big N about this?[/QUOTE]

Nintendo's servers are probably working overtime right now. When I initially did the update yesterday morning it took several minutes before it showed anything on the progress bar. If you've got the time it probably wouldn't hurt to give them a call. They may not be able to do much for you over the phone but at least you'd know what the source of the problem is.

[quote name='screwkick']How accurate is Walmart.com's inventory tracker. According to my zip code, 10 area stores have both units in stock?[/QUOTE]
It's not at all. Don't trust it. At least not right now. Houston has a ton of stores and most are reporting via the site that they have Deluxe in stock. None of them do.

[quote name='evisto']I am in the exact same boat as you... At this point, I am thinking we won't get these until tomorrow.

=([/QUOTE]

Same for me. I've actually contacted Target and UPS. Target told me they sent it to UPS and UPS says they haven't received it. Someone is lying, and the package is in limbo as far as I can tell. My money's on Target being the problem, as I've ordered tons of stuff from Amazon, and they almost exclusively send to me through UPS. I also ordered with 1-day shipping, so this seems quite unacceptable to me.

In the future I'm just going to preorder from a store or Amazon. I was originally going to preorder from Amazon, but then Nintendo took them off of the list of retailers.

At least I'm not the only one that is having trouble with Target...

I'm also waiting on the Target/UPS thing. I'm just hoping UPS is being lazy with the updating. It wouldn't be the first time.
A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.
estimated arrival: Friday,11/16/2012-Wednesday,11/21/2012
They've got till Wednesday before I start complaining.

Yes, I ordered the basic bundle. The shipping info updated today and it now says it will be delivered on Tuesday.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Anyone have a fix for this?

The network connection test is working fine, so I don't think it's my console or router. Should I call The Big N about this?[/QUOTE]

My first try failed after maybe 10 minutes or so of trying to connect, I then set up the Wii U and then tried again. It took a while to connect to the server again and the download took around 30-45 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back