Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the locked accounts is pretty freaking annoying. You'd think they'd have that working at launch. Also they say you'll be able to use the login on "future devices". That doesn't sound like "Other Wii U systems". I hope they haven't screwed it up until the NEXT console.

[quote name='jedi0077']My plain original "non motion plus" remotes are working just fine with my Wii U! Bonus![/QUOTE]

Did you think they wouldn't?

[quote name='CHADSTONe']I bought that $10 invisishell by rocketfish for the gamepad. It's worth it. Even has its own nice little stand built in.[/QUOTE]I just bought it myself also plus I had a $5.00 reward coupon from BB so I came out to be $5.29. Had a $5.00 coupon from GS so I just bought the screen protectors from there. I just picked my Wii up today since I work right around the block from where I pre-ordered the system at.

Newegg has shipped the bundle this morning. Updated tracking available by tonight. The website still does not show where it is shipping from. Hopefully they're shipping from NJ (for me).

[quote name='HydroX']Thank you mods for cleaning up the thread. Especially that QQ guy's post. Welcome to 2006, Mr. "QQ". :roll:

Got my system yesterday at Target, but didn't know if I wanted to open it (YES I DID!) or wait (NO I DID NOT!) .. totally forgot I'd have to wait 48 hours to download a damn update, or else I would have set it to download overnight. Why don't things just work out of the box anymore? I mean I know I could just play without the update, but this is more of a general statement than one towards the Wii U.[/QUOTE]

We were able to play Nintendoland straight out of the box as I just canceled the update when it prompted me for it. I was able to start it again later on after my daughter fell asleep last night. The update probably took only 20 minutes for me.

[quote name='Justamom']Yes, I ordered the basic bundle. The shipping info updated today and it now says it will be delivered on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

The basic bundle that I ordered on Thursday is now set for delivery today.

I was going to do a Wii system transfer until I found out it deletes all of the data off of your Wii in the process. That kinda ruined that feature for me.

Just dropped by Time Square to find a Wii U Deluxe. There's a pile of about 50 Wii U Basic editions in the middle of the game section at Time Square Toys R Us and I guess 30 Wii U Basic edition at the Nintendo World store as of 2pm 11/19/2012. The Nintendo World cashier said they get restock of Wii U Deluxe every day and you should go before lunch time if you want one.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']I was going to do a Wii system transfer until I found out it deletes all of the data off of your Wii in the process. That kinda ruined that feature for me.[/QUOTE]

is there any way to just copy some save data from Wii to Wii U? I don't want to delete anything on the Wii.

I guess I am wondering how you would leave data on your Wii and then transfer it to the Wii U. It's not like they would let you have all of the games that you purchased on both systems.

[quote name='psunami']I guess I am wondering how you would leave data on your Wii and then transfer it to the Wii U. It's not like they would let you have all of the games that you purchased on both systems.[/QUOTE]

This would make too much sense. They could easily link the data to your Nintendo ID

[quote name='tcbys']Has anyone got their pre order from gamestop.com yet?[/QUOTE]

Mine has been out for delivery all day, should be here within the next 2 hours.

So I've seen mention that the Target and Walmart stock trackers are not to be trusted. Anyone know if the Best Buy site is accurate? It is only showing one store in my area (well, 30 miles one way) with the deluxe in stock and no one wants to answer the phone....

[quote name='Nico8912']Mine has been out for delivery all day, should be here within the next 2 hours.[/QUOTE]

Mine should be here soon too from gamestop. It has been out for delivery all day and UPS gets to my home between 6 and 8 depending on how full the truck is that day.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Would it work to preserve the data if you save to SD card first on your Wii, and then transfer?[/QUOTE]

Haven't tried this, but I don't think this would work. I think what you are actually transferring is what system your games are linked to. So after doing the transfer, it thinks that your original Wii was never used to buy games, so any games on your sd card can't be played anymore, just like if you tried to stick the SD card in a friends Wii (sounds dirty).

[quote name='jacknicklson']This would make too much sense. They could easily link the data to your Nintendo ID[/QUOTE]
Totally agree. I did the system transfer and my old Wii is basically a glorified Gamecube for me now. All my saves and VC games are gone, so I'm not likely to play any Wii games on it in the future.

So, I camped out at Target Saturday night (almost froze my balls off in the process) and got a deluxe... and I still have yet to even open the box. I am ashamed..

[quote name='sp00ge']So, I camped out at Target Saturday night (almost froze my balls off in the process) and got a deluxe... and I still have yet to even open the box. I am ashamed..[/QUOTE]

I'm with you brother. I got my hands on one at 8am yesterday, and I'm still staring at the box.

[quote name='mpaullin']Totally agree. I did the system transfer and my old Wii is basically a glorified Gamecube for me now. All my saves and VC games are gone, so I'm not likely to play any Wii games on it in the future.[/QUOTE]

Yup, the only reason I am keeping my old Wii is for the Gamecube compatibility. Other than that, I would've sold it months ago in preparation for the Wii U.

[quote name='rayfrombk']I'm with you brother. I got my hands on one at 8am yesterday, and I'm still staring at the box.[/QUOTE]

I have two kids, and between the older one and the baby's toys, pack and play, play pen, seat, etc etc, I have to do some major cleaning in the living room before I can even think about playing it.... and I'm just feeling too damn lazy to clean. :lol:

Anyone order the Wii precision screen filter from Amazon? Ordered it last night. It hasn't shipped yet and now Amazon lists it as temporarily out of order. Wonder if Hori even released it yet.

[quote name='JoeZiggadigga']So I've seen mention that the Target and Walmart stock trackers are not to be trusted. Anyone know if the Best Buy site is accurate? It is only showing one store in my area (well, 30 miles one way) with the deluxe in stock and no one wants to answer the phone....[/QUOTE]
Where is the Best Buy tracker I can't find it on their website.

Found an original at Best Buy but can't pull the trigger when the Deluxe is so much better and I am cheap :/

[quote name='Bankotsu']Anyone order the Wii precision screen filter from Amazon? Ordered it last night. It hasn't shipped yet and now Amazon lists it as temporarily out of order. Wonder if Hori even released it yet.[/QUOTE]

I ordered it on the 17th; it hasn't shipped yet though

So these things arent as rare as we thought they going to be. After my target in corbin ave. northridge, ca didnt hold one for me(i have a reservation card), i was able to buy a deluxe at best buy a block away. ..also still staring at the box.

[quote name='sp00ge']I have two kids, and between the older one and the baby's toys, pack and play, play pen, seat, etc etc, I have to do some major cleaning in the living room before I can even think about playing it.... and I'm just feeling too damn lazy to clean. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I have a niece who comes every weekend and it gets messy here too. I haven't cleaned up either. Also I was just unplugged my Wii and it is a big pain in the pass. The damn power brick plug is out of reach damn it lol.

[quote name='Darwin23']So these things arent as rare as we thought they going to be. After my target in corbin ave. northridge, ca didnt hold one for me(i have a reservation card), i was able to buy a deluxe at best buy a block away. ..also still staring at the box.[/QUOTE]

Unless you live in NY, NJ or CT where you can get to the Nintendo World store pretty easily, I think these things will become more and more difficult to find in about a month.

Newegg is being strange. Whenever I look at my order on the website, it says it's still in the "Packaging" stage. However, I got an email that came with not only a tracking number, but also the following: Shipping Time: 11/19/2012 11:04:15 AM. If I try to look up the tracking number it says there isn't any information at this time, which I suppose is understandable if it really did ship within the last several hours.

[quote name='speedracer']I'm also waiting on the Target/UPS thing. I'm just hoping UPS is being lazy with the updating. It wouldn't be the first time.

They've got till Wednesday before I start complaining.[/QUOTE]

Normally with my other orders it takes a few hours for UPS to update their site. Guess it takes time between the loading dock to processing center.

[quote name='screwkick']How accurate is Walmart.com's inventory tracker. According to my zip code, 10 area stores have both units in stock?[/QUOTE]

Walmart inventory is updated around 8AM but I'm guess it's including items that's in layaway. Someone mentioned earlier that the Deluxe/Basic qty was off when they try to pickup a deluxe.

[quote name='bjstucker']Where is the Best Buy tracker I can't find it on their website.

Found an original at Best Buy but can't pull the trigger when the Deluxe is so much better and I am cheap :/[/QUOTE]

So it is not on the site. I fudged the url for NSMBWiiU by replacing the SKU with the SKU for the Deluxe WiiU. It seems to work okay, but again, I don't want to drive 30 miles and be told it is for reserve or that the website is wrong. And I have been calling on and off for about 45 minutes and it either rings over and over except for the one time I got someone who attempted to transfer me and then it just rang in the games section...

Perhaps someone else can try it and have some luck.

[quote name='soonersfan60']Would it work to preserve the data if you save to SD card first on your Wii, and then transfer?[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, this would only work with game saves, and ones that can be copied. Well, all can be copied if you soft mod your Wii, but I don't think this works with DLC games or anything.

Apparently Wii U formats the SD card in a way where it will no longer work for normal file copying from the Wii. So you will need two SD cards. One to backup all your saves and another to transfer stuff to the Wii U.

[quote name='Bankotsu']Anyone order the Wii precision screen filter from Amazon? Ordered it last night. It hasn't shipped yet and now Amazon lists it as temporarily out of order. Wonder if Hori even released it yet.[/QUOTE]

I ordered on November 4th and it hasn't shipped yet. :( I did see they have a HORI protector + stylus pack that is listed for December.. i hope it didn't get pushed back to launch with that. The PDP one is doing okay, but i'll replace it with the HORI.

screw best buy, i ordered the day it popped up and they cancelled my order. Walmart has shipped though for me though.

[quote name='rayfrombk']Unless you live in NY, NJ or CT where you can get to the Nintendo World store pretty easily, I think these things will become more and more difficult to find in about a month.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, but I think it will be much easier to find the Basic edition. Everyone wants the Deluxe version which sells out quickly at stores.

I just got my order from Target black Wii U + NSMBU bundle... no Mario game... GREAT. Talking to someone from India right now, he doesn't understand that I'm missing an item from my order. Ugh.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I just got my order from Target black Wii U + NSMBU bundle... no Mario game... GREAT. Talking to someone from India right now, he doesn't understand that I'm missing an item from my order. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Did you get express or premium shipping and did you order it on friday?

I know with my white bundle order on thursday target shipped my items seperately. I got the console today but no game . They refunded half my shipping cost. The black bundle i ordered on friday with premium shipping but the ups tracking has not updated yet. I am really worried.

[quote name='sp00ge']I have two kids, and between the older one and the baby's toys, pack and play, play pen, seat, etc etc, I have to do some major cleaning in the living room before I can even think about playing it.... and I'm just feeling too damn lazy to clean. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Don't have as many hoops to jump thru, but still just as lazy:).

Know that as soon as I start to move stuff around, I won't be done for at least an hour. And the system update, plus no games (still in shipping status) really have me dragging my feet.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']I just got my order from Target black Wii U + NSMBU bundle... no Mario game... GREAT. Talking to someone from India right now, he doesn't understand that I'm missing an item from my order. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're lucky. The tracking information for my console still hasn't updated yet.

*sigh* I miss Amazon for Nintendo launches. I never have this problem with them.

[quote name='rbarba4']Don't have as many hoops to jump thru, but still just as lazy:).

Know that as soon as I start to move stuff around, I won't be done for at least an hour. And the system update, plus no games (still in shipping status) really have me dragging my feet.[/QUOTE]

That too. I have a wall mounted TV, and like 6 or 7 other consoles and once I start, I won't be able to stop until everything is rearranged perfectly. I have selective OCD. :applause:

[quote name='sp00ge']So, I camped out at Target Saturday night (almost froze my balls off in the process) and got a deluxe... and I still have yet to even open the box. I am ashamed..[/QUOTE]

Wii U so good all you need is the box to have fun

Hey, people in the Orlando area...

If you're looking for a basic unit, send me a message. Not looking to make a profit, refuse to sell to a flipper. Just giving someone a chance at a system before I give it back to Best Buy. This was my "plan b" unit and the person who wanted to buy it from me decided against it.

Just got off the phone with customer service... they won't refund me for the shipping or send out another copy of NSMBU. They said I have to return the entire order. I really better get my $33.45 I paid for the 1 day shipping back. I am furious. Their customer service is a joke. First it was a man that barely spoke English, then a girl who I had to re-explain my issues to, and then 25mins of waiting only to be told that I'm screwed. All of my UGH. I just love have $450+ of my money tied up, and not having my Wii U. So fun.

Well Strange issue here with my Walmart.com order my Deluxe and Zombie shipped Friday and will here Tuesday. But I also had a pro in the bundle which has not shipped. They have not charged my card or even pre auth on it. Which I find weird, how can they ship the main part of my order and not charge at all? Plus my ETA on the controller Is Wednesday through next Monday but still not shipped. Very weird Walmart is a Clusterfuck.

dude I think it was pretty clear that the system and mario were sent separately.

Also they hire from the philippines not india

My Gamepad runs out of battery really fast.. anyway to conserve it's battery? I don't know why it needs to have the game duplicated on the gamepad when i'm playing on the TV

[quote name='jrr6415sun']My Gamepad runs out of battery really fast.. anyway to conserve it's battery? I don't know why it needs to have the game duplicated on the gamepad when i'm playing on the TV[/QUOTE]

there is no "gamepad off button" the best you can do is(and its in the wii u instruction manual too that manual is surprisingly useful for once) is click the home button on the gamepad, click the controller settings and click turn display off.

no why there is no gamepad off button when you are using the pro controller for a game like ninja gaiden ill never know....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back