Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jrr6415sun']My Gamepad runs out of battery really fast.. anyway to conserve it's battery? I don't know why it needs to have the game duplicated on the gamepad when i'm playing on the TV[/QUOTE]

Yeah the battery life isn't great but also not a surprise. The only option I can think of is to leave it plugged in and run an extension cord to the couch if necessary.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']My Gamepad runs out of battery really fast.. anyway to conserve it's battery? I don't know why it needs to have the game duplicated on the gamepad when i'm playing on the TV[/QUOTE]

You can turn down the screen's brightness. IIRC the default is the second-highest setting. The option is found on the Home screen. There's also a power-saving mode & the ability to disable rumble.

I'm sure it'll change as time goes by, but I'm not seeing the rarity. Local Walmart has 2 basics and 8 deluxe on the shelf. They have more Wii U than regular Wii in stock.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Just got off the phone with customer service... they won't refund me for the shipping or send out another copy of NSMBU. They said I have to return the entire order. I really better get my $33.45 I paid for the 1 day shipping back. I am furious. Their customer service is a joke. First it was a man that barely spoke English, then a girl who I had to re-explain my issues to, and then 25mins of waiting only to be told that I'm screwed. All of my UGH. I just love have $450+ of my money tied up, and not having my Wii U. So fun.[/QUOTE]

Did you have to sign for the package from Target? Or did UPS leave it w/ Next Day Air. I ordered mine through Target online and I am wondering if I have to have a human around to sign for it since... ya know... work and stuff.

Went to pick up the last of my pre-orders today at Walmart, and spotted a lonely Basic Set out with the rest of the video games.

Here's a tip that some may have mentioned already for those that want to pick up extra Wiimotes:

TRU has the Flingsmash w/ Wiimote (w/ built-in Motion Plus) on clearance for $25, and with the current B1G1 40% sale, you can get 2 Wiimotes (and 2 copies of a throwaway game) for ~$40.

[quote name='Vendetta']Here's a tip that some may have mentioned already for those that want to pick up extra Wiimotes:

TRU has the Flingsmash w/ Wiimote (w/ built-in Motion Plus) on clearance for $25, and with the current B1G1 40% sale, you can get 2 Wiimotes (and 2 copies of a throwaway game) for ~$40.[/QUOTE]

online it's one per customer.. unless you're just talking about in store

[quote name='jrr6415sun']online it's one per customer.. unless you're just talking about in store[/QUOTE]

I saw the online limit so went to the store and was able to get two there. You can call ahead to check their stock (their site only tells you if they have at least one).

[quote name='Vendetta']Here's a tip that some may have mentioned already for those that want to pick up extra Wiimotes:

TRU has the Flingsmash w/ Wiimote (w/ built-in Motion Plus) on clearance for $25, and with the current B1G1 40% sale, you can get 2 Wiimotes (and 2 copies of a throwaway game) for ~$40.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the tip

This is what I did. My TRU had a bunch of them. I flipped one of the games at Bullmoose along with another game. I got less than $1 for Flingsmash. lol

[quote name='kayne2000']there is no "gamepad off button" the best you can do is(and its in the wii u instruction manual too that manual is surprisingly useful for once) is click the home button on the gamepad, click the controller settings and click turn display off.

no why there is no gamepad off button when you are using the pro controller for a game like ninja gaiden ill never know....[/QUOTE]

When you turn the display off it turns right back on when you touch a button so it doesn't help conserve battery while playing a game with the gamepad. Seems like Nintendo dropped the ball a little bit on that.

Im sure they will address it with a software update... they are really invested in this system so updates to make it better will be huge for them going forward. Loving it so far by the way :D

Picked up my 2nd preorder from another Target today then went to Walmart to cancel a preorder..I was really hoping they sold it so I could get a gift card lol. Now just waiting on the 2 coming in the mail.

[quote name='cigaro']Im gonna watch where that bidding ends.... I heard they werent reselling for very much right now[/QUOTE]

That dude has 12 of them in that picture. Even at $100 profit a piece that is $1200. 8O

lol yea all of them are being sold it looks like today. my highest I will pay is 400 with shipping he has ones ranging from 350 to it looks like 450. I am winning one at 380 but it probably will not last oh well watching/ writing a report all night will have a lot of time to try to get one the next few nights

Also I am pretty astounded at how many people have reserves thinking they can get >500$ for the system when most of them seem to be going for 450 max

[quote name='chopper731']When you turn the display off it turns right back on when you touch a button so it doesn't help conserve battery while playing a game with the gamepad. Seems like Nintendo dropped the ball a little bit on that.[/QUOTE]

yea i know but it at least helps if you arent using the gamepad. but i do agree no gamepad off button and no keep the display off button sucks

And now for the saddest story of the day.
I picked up my preorder at Best buy at 11am Sunday morning. Got out of work , updated and played Nintendoland for a couple hours.
Super impressed with the technology, very excitedly planned to buy Mario today.

Grabbed Mario today, couldn't wait to get home after work to play. Got a call from fiancee who told me our 2 year old son poured his drink of water down the top of the system....

Sadly preparing to go home after work and see what can be salvaged.

[quote name='bjstucker']lol yea all of them are being sold it looks like today. my highest I will pay is 400 with shipping he has ones ranging from 350 to it looks like 450. I am winning one at 380 but it probably will not last oh well watching/ writing a report all night will have a lot of time to try to get one the next few nights

Also I am pretty astounded at how many people have reserves thinking they can get >500$ for the system when most of them seem to be going for 450 max[/QUOTE]

It's even less when you consider ebay and paypal fees. And you also run the risk of getting bent over if a buyer complains to eBay, like having a DOA system. With the initial investment so high, resellers have to be pretty desperate to flip WiiUs imo. Even moreso if they try flipping Basics. Market is going to fall out of that a lot faster than Deluxes.

[quote name='Octopod']That dude has 12 of them in that picture. Even at $100 profit a piece that is $1200. 8O[/QUOTE]

I see a deluxe sold for 455, with ebay/paypal fees of 12%, $55 goes to fees, the system costs $350 plus tax, if the seller is in California (9% tax) like me he makes about 15 dollars lol

[quote name='warboss zorbag']And now for the saddest story of the day.
I picked up my preorder at Best buy at 11am Sunday morning. Got out of work , updated and played Nintendoland for a couple hours.

Grabbed Mario today, couldn't wait to get home after work to play. Got a call from fiancee who told me our 2 year old son poured his drink of water down the top of the system....

Sadly preparing to go home after work and see what can be salvaged.[/QUOTE]

Brutal!

Put it on Craigslist.

The kid, not the Wii

Invest in a rack, then you can use lock and key for protection.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/OmniMou...161&skuId=5044635&st=omnimount rack&cp=1&lp=2

Hey, as I read that, I was really afraid something happened to your two year old. Don't be too sad! You've got the most important thing in your life still.

The worst part is that the best buy warranty doesnt cover accidental damage on the system itself, only on the gamepad and accessories -_-

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Hey, as I read that, I was really afraid something happened to your two year old. Don't be too sad! You've got the most important thing in your life still.[/QUOTE]

I also thought that something bad happened to your 2 year old son!

At the moment I'm not to impressed with him, lol.

Apparently though the 360 got it worse...
Oh well hopefully the ps3 survived the flood.

Usually he shows absolutely no interest in the consoles under the tv. This is the first time he's ever done anything like this.

To make matters even more worse, I had given my debit card to my fiancee and forgot to get it back, so I ended up putting the system on a best buy charge.
Man I hope it still works....

[quote name='Bankotsu']Anyone order the Wii precision screen filter from Amazon? Ordered it last night. It hasn't shipped yet and now Amazon lists it as temporarily out of order. Wonder if Hori even released it yet.[/QUOTE]

I had it preordered and switched to 1-day shipping, but customer service had no idea when it would actually ship so I cancelled. Gamestop.com lists the release for tomorrow so I'm trying them instead. Hori's official site seems to have them for order today too.

I also have a 2 year old and I'm always afraid that he'll destroy my gaming consoles. I'm really glad that I have a man cave with all my video game consoles/PCs that keep him out . Once he figures out how to open the door, I'll have to lock it! That means I'll have to unlock my man cave every time just to play games!

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']I also have a 2 year old and I'm always afraid that he'll destroy my gaming consoles. I'm really glad that I have a man cave with all my video game consoles/PCs that keep him out . Once he figures out how to open the door, I'll have to lock it! That means I'll have to unlock my man cave every time just to play games![/QUOTE]

Same here sad thing is my son loves watching me play games but he enjoys throwing everything. so I am pretty sure they made the wrist strap for him.

thats the reason i could never be a parent

if a kid of mine did that id probably be in jail right now

its a sad day when a nintendo system cant survive water damage not when the gamecube and gameboy were made out nuclear bomb repellent.

[quote name='dennisb407']Put it on Craigslist.

The kid, not the Wii[/QUOTE]

[quote name='portnoyd']Wouldn't the kid be pretty upset if he was locked in there?

Ba-dum-tsh.[/QUOTE]

these two people understand the situation perfectly besides kid needs to be taught a lesson.

[quote name='warboss zorbag']At the moment I'm not to impressed with him, lol.

Usually he shows absolutely no interest in the consoles under the tv. This is the first time he's ever done anything like this.

To make matters even more worse, I had given my debit card to my fiancee and forgot to get it back, so I ended up putting the system on a best buy charge.
Man I hope it still works....[/QUOTE]

When the next generation of consoles comes out and he's old enough to play/appreciate them is when you strike. Get him super excited for launch and purchase one for him. Get it all set up and sit him down in front of the TV. After he's gotten into playing it for an hour or so walk into the living room with a baseball bat and smash the console to pieces. Look him straight in the eye and tell him "This sucks doesn't it? Well now you know how I felt." Then pour a glass of water on him.

I played for 5+ hours today, lol. Eventually tried to update Netflix, but it couldn't connect to the server. I'm assuming the servers are getting hit hard again. I'll try again later. I'm freaking addicted to Mario. Miiverse is pretty nifty and I'm impressed with the depth of Nintendoland. There is a lot more there than normal party game compilations.

Another note...last night I thought I couldn't get the console to my wifi. Turns out I just needed to add the dashes to my security password. I felt like a dumbass when I realized that lol. Also glad to say the update didn't take too long for me. I did it at around 2 today and it probably took about 37 minutes.

[quote name='bjstucker']Same here sad thing is my son loves watching me play games but he enjoys throwing everything. so I am pretty sure they made the wrist strap for him.[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten around to having my son watch me play games yet because as soon as I start playing, I know he'll jump off the couch, grab the kinect sensor, and fling it at the TV! Then he'll start running around the house laughing while i chase him down! ;)

[quote name='warboss zorbag']At the moment I'm not to impressed with him, lol.

Man I hope it still works....[/QUOTE]

If it's really just water, everything should be fine if you leave it in a well ventilated place to dry thoroughly (this is a general rule for all electronics).

Honestly, it's Nintendo. I'd give it two days, then try turning it on. I bet it'll be fine. Please report back when it does though, so everyone can rejoice.

Your 360, however, is probably f'd in the a.

[quote name='Loudpacmanjones']anyone know where i can rent wii u titles in person?

not sure if this was asked before sorry if it was.

nnetwork id: mtchap[/QUOTE]

family Video
Blockbuster (maybe)
Movie Gallery (maybe)

[quote name='tightclaws']Well Strange issue here with my Walmart.com order my Deluxe and Zombie shipped Friday and will here Tuesday. But I also had a pro in the bundle which has not shipped. They have not charged my card or even pre auth on it. Which I find weird, how can they ship the main part of my order and not charge at all? Plus my ETA on the controller Is Wednesday through next Monday but still not shipped. Very weird Walmart is a Clusterfuck.[/QUOTE]

same thing for me. Actually received Mario today. WiiU tomorrow and pro controller, who knows.

first freeze up

during halftime of a game in nba 2k13 both screen and gamepad went black and stuck on the music in the game

ejected the disc and music still played so i had to pull the plug from the back

hopefully its just a glitch in the game and not evidence of the system malfunctioning

sucks

[quote name='Loudpacmanjones']anyone know where i can rent wii u titles in person?

not sure if this was asked before sorry if it was.

nnetwork id: mtchap[/QUOTE]

I called my Blockbuster and there putting out all the Wii U games tomorrow. I asked the guy and he is putting aside a copy of AC3 for me so I can rent it tomorrow morning.

Could all just depend on location tho.

I recommend the Blue Ticket Pass. $14.99 a month for 1 game/dvd and no limits..beat AC3 in 2 days, take it back and grab the next game for me. You can literally take a game back 3 or 4 times a day if you wanted to....and if they dont have a game in you want just grab a DVD.

So the winning bidder of my Wii U contacts me this afternoon saying that his bid was unauthorized and asked me to cancel the transaction.

[quote name='dennisb407']So the winning bidder of my Wii U contacts me this afternoon saying that his bid was unauthorized and asked me to cancel the transaction.[/QUOTE]

:-({|=

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back