Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I pre-ordered 2 of them at a local Target few weeks ago. Picked up both on Sunday with no issues. FWIW, during the initial setup, it couldn't find my hidden router. After an hour of trying (including resetting the modem/router & WiiU console), I turned it off. Couple hours later, it found my router the 1st time so go figure. Then again, the original Wii had this issue to & I'm pretty sure it's not my router since everything else (PS3, Vita, 3DS xL, laptop's, desktop's, cellphones, etc.) in my house recognized it the 1st time with no issues.

[quote name='TURDGAMER']This system even the deluxe is not that hard to find. If you want one you will find one. The PS3 was much much worse at launch.

I got a Wii U deluxe and 20 games for it. I love when new game consoles come out!! I got it in the mail 11/19 and had a blast for hours after work. The system is fantastic!!! I like Madden 13 better on the Wii U than on my 360...

I have not gotten to them all yet but so far Call of duty and batman play very well but my favorite is Madden but I am a sports gamer. Mario U is an old school side scroll which is fun. I will be busy Thanksgiving Weekend for sure!![/QUOTE]

Sheesh...20-games already?! Balling! If you've played these games on either 360 or PS3, how do they compare (graphics, play mechanics, etc.)?

- NBA 2K13
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Batman
- Assassins Creed 3
- Sonic Racing
- Ninja Gaiden 3

How's ZombiU? I'm not a big fan of FPS (yes, I know I'm prolly in the 0.1% that doesn't like FPS's) but using the game pad has me intrigued. Thanks!

[quote name='WV Matsui']What is the big knock on the white unit?[/QUOTE]

The only knock is the small internal memory size but both memory sizes are pathetic and are going to require an external hard drive so people really make it out to be a bigger deal than it really is. I've got a basic white one right now and a black deluxe on the way but am going to just keep the basic and return the deluxe because I prefer white.

Just a FYI for those who ordered the HORI screen protector from Amazon... mine is now marked as shipped, so hopefully they are starting to get all of the pre-orders out at least :)

[quote name='modano79']For everyone who didn't get one, today is the deadline for people to pick up their pre orders at Walmart. I'm at one now and they said at 9am, they are releasing any pre order to whoever is in line. This is the wal mart off 20 and great southwest parkway in Grand Prairie Texas. They have 4 here now so it's worth a shot for anyone else. This is the deluxe unit!' Good luck![/QUOTE]

What? The deadline is in December 14th everywhere else, right?

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']I pre-ordered 2 of them at a local Target few weeks ago. Picked up both on Sunday with no issues. FWIW, during the initial setup, it couldn't find my hidden router. After an hour of trying (including resetting the modem/router & WiiU console), I turned it off. Couple hours later, it found my router the 1st time so go figure. Then again, the original Wii had this issue to & I'm pretty sure it's not my router since everything else (PS3, Vita, 3DS xL, laptop's, desktop's, cellphones, etc.) in my house recognized it the 1st time with no issues.

Sheesh...20-games already?! Balling! If you've played these games on either 360 or PS3, how do they compare (graphics, play mechanics, etc.)?

- NBA 2K13
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2
- Batman
- Assassins Creed 3
- Sonic Racing
- Ninja Gaiden 3

How's ZombiU? I'm not a big fan of FPS (yes, I know I'm prolly in the 0.1% that doesn't like FPS's) but using the game pad has me intrigued. Thanks![/QUOTE]

LOL I go nuts when a new system comes out. Not nuts enough to camp out for days but nuts enough to buy 20 games to try. I will sell most of them back after I am done to get some money back. Glyde.com is good for that.

The others I did not play on both systems only madden and batman I played on 360 and Wii U and in my opinion Wii U looks and plays better on those 2 games. From what I can tell the games are a bit better on Wii U in my opinion.

[quote name='confoosious']How did the scam work? Cash out before PayPal froze funds?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, cash out, close account. He probably set a delivery time a month in the future. Paypal theoretically covers your loss. I'm dealing with a gift card con like this and Paypal/eBay is giving the seller until the end of the month even though they used a fake phone number, haven't responded to email, and haven't delivered to multiple people on orders from October. Beware of relatively high positive feedback on a bunch of small items and then they sell something big.

[quote name='Katsumi']Just a FYI for those who ordered the HORI screen protector from Amazon... mine is now marked as shipped, so hopefully they are starting to get all of the pre-orders out at least :)[/QUOTE]

I hope they release a version for the entire front surface like they did for the Vita (in the attached link). Then again, since the screen's not flushed with the rest of the front, I don't see them releasing this unless it's 2 seperate pieces.

http://www.amazon.com/PS-Vita-Scree...53&sr=1-1&keywords=hori+screen+protector+vita

[quote name='TURDGAMER']LOL I go nuts when a new system comes out. Not nuts enough to camp out for days but nuts enough to buy 20 games to try. I will sell most of them back after I am done to get some money back. Glyde.com is good for that.

The others I did not play on both systems only madden and batman I played on 360 and Wii U and in my opinion Wii U looks and plays better on those 2 games. From what I can tell the games are a bit better on Wii U in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response & info. Yeah, I bought Super Mario & Batman from Toys R Us (b1g1 40% promo) but haven't opened either one yet. I'm going to open Mario for sure, just didn't know about Batman. I'd like to get NBA 2K13 (those hot/cold index & career mode stats features when you put the game pad up to the TV is interesting), just not sure about using such a big game pad for that game.

[quote name='vcplant']What? The deadline is in December 14th everywhere else, right?[/QUOTE]

My receipt says Dec. 14. I already have my Wii U, but I have a couple on lawaway at Wal-Mart for relatives. I was headed out there today. I find it rather dubious that a layaway purchase would be arbitrarily canceled three weeks before the deadline listed on the receipt without a phone call or email.

finally checked a demo out.. Rayman looks really good, but while I play considerably less and less games now I dont think I will keep my Wii U at the moment. I probably wouldnt keep an Xbox720 or PS4 right now either if it was new release, so its not bias, just not enough to interest for me. I dont want to Spend $375 +50 on a new mario.

Good luck to all those that get it, but after buying the 3ds at launch and losing the value there for as little as I played it I just cant justify the new system.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']My receipt says Dec. 14.[/QUOTE]

I dunno. I was just going by what the manager told me. Sure enough, 9 came and they released them. I got mine! :)

[quote name='Snake2715']Good luck to all those that get it, but after buying the 3ds at launch and losing the value there for as little as I played it I just cant justify the new system.[/QUOTE]
yeah it sucked big time buying the 3ds at launch only for it to drop in price soon after.

if that happens to the wii u, I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER NINTENDO SYSTEM!

[quote name='modano79']I dunno. I was just going by what the manager told me. Sure enough, 9 came and they released them. I got mine! :)[/QUOTE]

Weird. I just re-checked my receipt... it definitely says Dec. 14.

[quote name='brutalny']screw best buy, i ordered the day it popped up and they cancelled my order. Walmart has shipped though for me though.[/QUOTE]

What store number cancelled your order?

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']I hope they release a version for the entire front surface like they did for the Vita (in the attached link). Then again, since the screen's not flushed with the rest of the front, I don't see them releasing this unless it's 2 seperate pieces.

http://www.amazon.com/PS-Vita-Scree...53&sr=1-1&keywords=hori+screen+protector+vita

Thanks for the quick response & info. Yeah, I bought Super Mario & Batman from Toys R Us (b1g1 40% promo) but haven't opened either one yet. I'm going to open Mario for sure, just didn't know about Batman. I'd like to get NBA 2K13 (those hot/cold index & career mode stats features when you put the game pad up to the TV is interesting), just not sure about using such a big game pad for that game.[/QUOTE]

The B1G1 40 percent is great but I have a system that works pretty good if there are no sales.

This game buying system works for me.

I like to try a lot of games and end up focusing on only a few. Of the 20 I will probably end up focusing on 5 or less. Its about trying as many games as I can.

I use this service glyde.com. I buy more games than I can afford from Amazon and I try them for a month or so and get back at least half my money and most of the time the games cost me about $20 dollars in the end and I get to play them for a month. If you never used glyde it is great. You list your game and it sells within a week usually and they send you an envelop all ready to go you just put the game in the mailbox and get your money put in your account.

For example say I buy Borderlands 2 from Amazon for $60 I play it for a month put it on Glyde and sell it for $40 and the game costs $20 in the end which enables me to try out a lot more games at $20 than I would at $60.

[quote name='Katsumi']Just a FYI for those who ordered the HORI screen protector from Amazon... mine is now marked as shipped, so hopefully they are starting to get all of the pre-orders out at least :)[/QUOTE]

I settled on a PDP branded protector yesterday. I'm gonna apply it sometime over the thanksgiving holidays.

[quote name='djricekcn']man...my WiiU is lost somewhere in UPS...never had a lost package from UPS before....*sigh*[/QUOTE]
Some dude in a brown outfit is playing NSMBU right now.

[quote name='pjb16']My target last night had some Deluxe unit listed as in the stock room, but the electronics guy said they couldn't sell them because they were being held for Black Friday.

They aren't on sale on Black Friday and I would have bought games right then, so I don't understand holding back stock. Don't say in-stock if you're going to refuse to sell it. :censored:[/QUOTE]

They have to hold stuff for the BF ad even if said stuff isn't on sale or else they risk getting hit with false advertising.

[quote name='maximumzero']I settled on a PDP branded protector yesterday. I'm gonna apply it sometime over the thanksgiving holidays.[/QUOTE]

FYI

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10170156#post10170156

Can someone please tell me if the Pro Controller is worth a purchase right now? I am trying to get everything I need for this system Black Friday abut I know how hard it is to get a Pro Controller right now and if I need to get one I will go ahead a get it. For Black Friday I am going to get the Controller and Nunchunk, since I gave my Wii to my step daughter and I am no indian giver LOL, a game or 2 and an external HDD. I already bought the cover for the controller and the screen protectors. I will pop it open and do the updates tonight.

[quote name='djricekcn']no need for pro controller unless ifyou're planning on playing CoD[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really don't understand the demand for these things. Its not like the line-up for the next few months is going to have us running out and getting games, especially games that could make use

Anyone know the issue with the pro controllers at Newegg? I preordered with the $12 off but now they are saying they wont get them til 12/31 (which seems to be the date they put for unknown release dates) I tried asking Newegg but really got nothing out of them. Its not a huge deal because like is said above there is no real need for them yet, but still curious as to why Newegg doesnt have any in yet.

[quote name='djricekcn']no need for pro controller unless ifyou're planning on playing CoD[/QUOTE]

They work well for Sonic Racing Transformed as well.

[quote name='djricekcn']man...my WiiU is lost somewhere in UPS...never had a lost package from UPS before....*sigh*[/QUOTE]

My Target order is in limbo. I have no idea what is going on with Target or UPS. I've never had this problem before with UPS. Today, I finally had an update on my tracking and all it says is "1 business day" left. Nothing else has really update and to be honest it is essentially the same status as it was on Nov. 16.

Now it says the following for the status updates:

United States 11/16/2012 2:18 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

WTF.

[quote name='therealdeal19']My Target order is in limbo. I have no idea what is going on with Target or UPS. I've never had this problem before with UPS. Today, I finally had an update on my tracking and all it says is "1 business day" left. Nothing else has really update and to be honest it is essentially the same status as it was on Nov. 16.

WTF.[/QUOTE]

I got my Target order yesterday. They only shipped the console. I called and asked where my copy of Mario was and they said it was back ordered and that it could take up to a week to get.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Yeah, I really don't understand the demand for these things. Its not like the line-up for the next few months is going to have us running out and getting games, especially games that could make use[/QUOTE]

I bought it because I had some Gamestop coupons, but right now nothing really uses it effectively except for ZombiU and COD. That being said, I'm more interested in it for future VC games.

I put in an order at amazon for the Hori screen protector. It's backordered with unknown ship date, but as long as I get it by Xmas it will be fine.

[quote name='musha666']Anyone know the issue with the pro controllers at Newegg? I preordered with the $12 off but now they are saying they wont get them til 12/31 (which seems to be the date they put for unknown release dates) I tried asking Newegg but really got nothing out of them. Its not a huge deal because like is said above there is no real need for them yet, but still curious as to why Newegg doesnt have any in yet.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand they're OOS. So they probably just stuck a random placeholder date there because they're unsure of when they'll have the supply to fulfill pre-orders.

I picked up the Write & Protect Kit yesterday from Best Buy. I didn't find it any more disappointing than other comparable screen protectors, so in that sense, I recommend it until ZAGG or one of the other high-end companies jumps on the Wii U.

I also picked up the clear shell from Best Buy. It works with the charging cradle without issue, which was my biggest fear.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']I picked up the Write & Protect Kit yesterday from Best Buy. I didn't find it any more disappointing than other comparable screen protectors, so in that sense, I recommend it until ZAGG or one of the other high-end companies jumps on the Wii U.

I also picked up the clear shell from Best Buy. It works with the charging cradle without issue, which was my biggest fear.[/QUOTE]Glad you told me about the clear shell and the charging cradle. Good to know it still fits on it with the shell on. I bought the clear shell yesterday. Like I said earlier I will open the Wii tonight. I picked it up yesterday from GS. I did not want to open it up last night as I spent the whole, and I mean whole wked trying to hit rank 55 on Ops since it was double xp and I never prestige. My wife did not have an issue with it at all as we did things in between, but I wanted to give her time yesterday so even though I brought the game home yesterday, I just wanted to spend a lil time with her. I will get to it today though.

[quote name='musha666']Anyone know the issue with the pro controllers at Newegg? I preordered with the $12 off but now they are saying they wont get them til 12/31 (which seems to be the date they put for unknown release dates) I tried asking Newegg but really got nothing out of them. Its not a huge deal because like is said above there is no real need for them yet, but still curious as to why Newegg doesnt have any in yet.[/QUOTE]

Shortly after Newegg started running their "$12 off preorders" promotion the pro controller quickly disappeared from the store. I can only guess that as a result they had far more orders than they initially expected and are struggling to fill all of those orders.

[quote name='modano79']I dunno. I was just going by what the manager told me. Sure enough, 9 came and they released them. I got mine! :)[/QUOTE]

My wife is picking up one today. We're obviously going to be really mad if they let it go. Especially since it's paid down to 1 cent. Did anybody get screwed on a Walmart layaway? Seems like they've all been in stock.

[quote name='therealdeal19']My Target order is in limbo. I have no idea what is going on with Target or UPS. I've never had this problem before with UPS. Today, I finally had an update on my tracking and all it says is "1 business day" left. Nothing else has really update and to be honest it is essentially the same status as it was on Nov. 16.

WTF.[/QUOTE]

The status on my Target preorder is exactly the same. I'm not going to worry too much about it until it misses its scheduled delivery without updating the tracking info.

[quote name='Gosha']They work well for Sonic Racing Transformed as well.[/QUOTE]

and ninja gaiden and im sure the sports games.

i think its cause Wii motes and well everything Wii was a nightmare to find for ages.

[quote name='sengar']The status on my Target preorder is exactly the same. I'm not going to worry too much about it until it misses its scheduled delivery without updating the tracking info.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's what I'm waiting for as well since I'll have a real reason to complain.

I'd be pissed if they sold something I had on layaway. I wonder if those people are still guaranteed a console whenever new ones come in, or if their layaways get just cancelled completely.

Waiting on my Walmart order right now, Fed Ex on the way. Walmart screwed up though, no word on what happened to my pro controller, it's limbo. Only thing not shipped, different story everytime I call them, don't think I would buy anything from Walmart.com again.

I just walked into Walmart and bought a Wii U Deluxe off the shelf. It was the only Deluxe I saw, but they also had the 8GB on the shelf.

I've been on the fence about getting one. I have all three "current" consoles since launch, and I NEVER play the Wii. I was on the fence about getting the original Wii too, but I remembered the nightmare it was trying to track one down.

Almost all the Walmarts in my area are showing In Stock online. I figured they would be preorder holdbacks, or bad inventory info, but sure enough I walked right in an out with a Deluxe.

Now if this damn update would finish installing....

[quote name='crunchewy']A friend of mine had his system brick during the system update. :( I'm not sure of the details. He was doing the update now so it would be ready at Xmas. I hope he can get a replacement from Nintendo in time. :([/QUOTE]

Mine did too. The NOA rep told me I should return it to the store and get another one. Really, you think I can just walk in and find a 32GB console on the shelf?

Going in for repairs via UPS today.

SO uh.. Is Darksiders II better than one? Been debating about getting it for the Wii U. I liked the first one but got bored half way through and never finished. I felt it bad some good ideas, but got repetitive. Not sure if the 2nd one is like that too.

Sounds like confirmations are coming in that another short supply was sent to retailers today (I can confirm that the BB in my area received more as well).

Yea my Target got 2 Black and 2 white those were gone as the guy was putting them in the case.

Wife is wrapping it for me and my son for X-mas :)

Did anyone else who orderd at Walmart.com not get the whole order? My controller never shipped but the system is on the way should have it this afternoon. At least Ihave not been charged yet. Anyone who had system ship not been charged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back