Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My GameStop today got 1 black and three whites. I happened to be there while they were opening them up. All four were bought by 4 people who were already in the store browsing.

[quote name='tightclaws']Did anyone else who orderd at Walmart.com not get the whole order? My controller never shipped but the system is on the way should have it this afternoon. At least Ihave not been charged yet. Anyone who had system ship not been charged?[/QUOTE]

Walmart won't charge until the entire order ships or you cancel the outstanding part of the order.

[quote name='maximumzero']I settled on a PDP branded protector yesterday. I'm gonna apply it sometime over the thanksgiving holidays.[/QUOTE]

I bought that one. Two protectors for $9.99. I got it on pretty quick with no bubbles and minimal particles trapped underneath. It looks and feels really good.

How long is the Target preorder hold period for? One week? I'm showing a couple stores in the area with stock, but I think they're preorders. Other than that it's bone dry around these parts.

[quote name='lmz00']I'd be pissed if they sold something I had on layaway. I wonder if those people are still guaranteed a console whenever new ones come in, or if their layaways get just cancelled completely.[/QUOTE]

When I talked to the woman at layaway when I placed the pre-order, she told me it will sit in the back until I come and get it, or until Dec. 14. I think this guy's Wal-Mart manager is just a a$$hole. Layaway is not backup inventory... people have put down deposits knowing that they have a certain time limit to pay off their things. The Wii U pre-orders are no different.

The Walmart stores around me just received shipment on both sets. I'm pretty sure there are handfuls at most, if not all, stores nationwide. No substantial profit for flippers until the holiday season.....:D

[quote name='mabuhay13']The Walmart stores around me just received shipment on both sets. I'm pretty sure there are handfuls at most, if not all, stores nationwide. No substantial profit for flippers until the holiday season.....:D[/QUOTE]

Where are you located?

[quote name='mabuhay13']Springfield, IL[/QUOTE]

Well I'm not in IL, but I guess i can check the stores around me when I get out of class. Since I am not paying attention to my instructor anyways, lol.

I've been able to find white basic sets almost everyday since launch, but can't find a deluxe, which is what I want.

I'm also hitting toys r us on my way home to take advantage of the B1G1 40% off. I think im grabbing Mario and Scribblenauts.

Yeah. I checked using major cities, ie Chicago/Seattle, as bases. They showed in stock at most stores for the deluxe. Didn't bother checking the Basic set.

I was 4th on the wait list at my local GS. They called today and said they had a deluxe for me. Also said not to worry because they were getting another shipment before the weekend.

[quote name='Bigmeat23']I've been able to find white basic sets almost everyday since launch, but can't find a deluxe, which is what I want.

I'm also hitting toys r us on my way home to take advantage of the B1G1 40% off. I think im grabbing Mario and Scribblenauts.[/QUOTE]

If you have a Best Buy store near you, they will price match.

[quote name='mabuhay13']If you have a Best Buy store near you, and credit there, they will price match.[/QUOTE]

I do have quite a bit of Best buy credit, but thought my luck of getting that matched would be low. I intended on using the credit towards the system if I could find a deluxe at a best buy, but right now I will take the system anywhere i can find it.

Isn't the matching of the TRU ad very YMMV?

[quote name='mabuhay13']Everything is YMMV when it comes to Best Buy and their mismanagement.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my thought! haha

I'm hoping I have luck when I leave school. WOuld love to find a deluxe SOMEWHERE close to me tonight. :D

[quote name='maximumzero']Thanks, but to be fair that's how most screen protectors work. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I know but other CAGs were poo-pooing the PDP set because they couldn't figure it out so I thought it was worth mentioning. It's one of the better screen protectors sets I've bought and the extra styluses are nice.

Took advantage of the B1G1 40% off at TRU with two of the Flingsmash/Wii MotionPlus bundles. $43.07 after tax. Great idea for anyone needing extra Wii MotionPlus remotes!

[quote name='TrumpetDan']Took advantage of the B1G1 40% off at TRU with two of the Flingsmash/Wii MotionPlus bundles. $43.07 after tax. Great idea for anyone needing extra Wii MotionPlus remotes![/QUOTE]
Me, too! No more extra long Wiimotes for me.

Edit: TIV $2 each (100% bonus included) at Best Buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KanYozakura']I know but other CAGs were poo-pooing the PDP set because they couldn't figure it out so I thought it was worth mentioning. It's one of the better screen protectors sets I've bought and the extra styluses are nice.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's all about quality. I've used both in the past. The PDP is not horrible, and it does keep your screen protected.

That said, I installed a Hori on one of my DS Lites, and a PDP on the other.
After a year's use, I went and removed the Hori, and the screen was ready for application of a new protector within seconds.
When I removed the PDP protector, there was a film on my screen that took more than a few minutes to remove, and left the screen with a rainbow effect until I got it all off. They claim there's nothing there, but obviously they're not of the same quality as Hori.

[quote name='TrumpetDan']Took advantage of the B1G1 40% off at TRU with two of the Flingsmash/Wii MotionPlus bundles. $43.07 after tax. Great idea for anyone needing extra Wii MotionPlus remotes![/QUOTE]
That's... a really good idea.

[quote name='donut']Where did you end up buying this and how much?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

I got the Nerf armor at my local Best Buy. $19.99. Available with blue, pink, or orange accents.

I'm very happy with it. Far better than going bareback.

i know about the flingsmash bundle, what is the other bundle you are talking about?

sorry never mind, you meant you got 2 of the flingsmash bundle.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Do not unplug or turn it off during firmware update![/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I've heard….I'm probably going to get home plug it all in...let the firmware update start downloading and then leave and go to Toys "R" Us to get the buy one get one 40% off deal.... when I get home it'll probably be done

The local GS had one of each unit sitting on their counter. So much for me flipping one two pay for itself and one I plan to keep :cry:

Does the system auto shut off sensor come into play while the firmware is updating? I don't want to leave it alone and downloading and then get back home from Toys "R" Us and find it turned off because of the auto shut off

If anyone in the DFW area is looking for the Wii U, I saw some at Target in Mansfield off of 287. Saw maybe 2-3 Deluxe sets and didn't count how many basic.

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Does the system auto shut off sensor come into play while the firmware is updating? I don't want to leave it alone and downloading and then get back home from Toys "R" Us and find it turned off because of the auto shut off[/QUOTE]

I think it pops up a message while updating telling you that the auto shut off feature is temporarily disabled.

[quote name='mabuhay13']If you have a Best Buy store near you, they will price match.[/QUOTE]
Do we need an actual add to get the games or is it fine with just image from the net.

Quick question can someone tell me how is the online aspect of the Wii yet? I am more of a multiplayer person and I do not have a game yet and I was looking at getting a game in which I could play someone online. I would hate Madden since I have it on the 360 or K13 also. I was looking at the Fifa but I heard something about it uses the Fifa 12 engine or something, plus the bugs in 13 I heard also were out of control. I don't know what game I want to get but if anyone who has played an online game on it yet how does it run, is it smooth, does it lag, etc.

Okay,awesome deal.
Swung by best buy today to pick up my second deluxe preorder. Not a flipper was for fiancees parents. Stupid ass best buy sold it to a dot com order.

Of course I got pissed. No where else in town has them. The manager helping me ended up selling me the last basic model for $150. Was hard to stay pissed with a deal like that.

I walked into Sams Club today just to look and they randomly had five or six of the black deluxe. I was stunned, I expected not find them after the holidays and wasnt even looking for one for awhile. Plus sams club is a little bit cheaper than the other stores on theirr games and system. I could see 5-6 in the cage in the front and I think i heard one of the manager saying they had a stack of them in the back. Looks like they wont be as hard to find as the original wii was.

[quote name='therealdeal19']My Target order is in limbo. I have no idea what is going on with Target or UPS. I've never had this problem before with UPS. Today, I finally had an update on my tracking and all it says is "1 business day" left. Nothing else has really update and to be honest it is essentially the same status as it was on Nov. 16.

Now it says the following for the status updates:

United States 11/16/2012 2:18 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

WTF.[/QUOTE]

Same here except its walmart.com and fedex said it was supposed to be delivered yesterday but no movement on tracking

[quote name='warboss zorbag']Okay,awesome deal.
Swung by best buy today to pick up my second deluxe preorder. Not a flipper was for fiancees parents. Stupid ass best buy sold it to a dot com order.

Of course I got pissed. No where else in town has them. The manager helping me ended up selling me the last basic model for $150. Was hard to stay pissed with a deal like that.[/QUOTE]

Wow nice lucky you.

[quote name='Mikeatris']Quick question can someone tell me how is the online aspect of the Wii yet? I am more of a multiplayer person and I do not have a game yet and I was looking at getting a game in which I could play someone online. I would hate Madden since I have it on the 360 or K13 also. I was looking at the Fifa but I heard something about it uses the Fifa 12 engine or something, plus the bugs in 13 I heard also were out of control. I don't know what game I want to get but if anyone who has played an online game on it yet how does it run, is it smooth, does it lag, etc.[/QUOTE]
never purchase a nintendo system for online functionality.

Of course I got pissed. No where else in town has them. The manager helping me ended up selling me the last basic model for $150. Was hard to stay pissed with a deal like that.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have settled for that. Easy way out for them. I would have demanded you sell me a deluxe for $150 and put it in writing.

How does this even happen? I preordered mine from BestBuy.com and they were in an entirely different section of the store. Mine had my name right on the box and required my credit card to checkout (e.g. like every other BestBuy.com in-store pickup I've ever done).

It makes me mad that some of these managers aren't honoring their preorders.

[quote name='hashiriya1']I wouldn't have settled for that. Easy way out for them. I would have demanded you sell me a deluxe for $150 and put it in writing.[/QUOTE]

I hope that you're joking.

I live out in themiddle of nowhere. The next closest best buy is an hour away.
I'm in at least once a week for something gaming related. No need to be an ultra douche to the staff.

I was satisfied with a $150 off one of the biggest holiday gifts of 2012.

[quote name='warboss zorbag']I live out in themiddle of nowhere. The next closest best buy is an hour away.
I'm in at least once a week for something gaming related. No need to be an ultra douche to the staff.

I was satisfied with a $150 off one of the biggest holiday gifts of 2012.[/QUOTE]

That is an incredible deal. Congrats! My best buy did something a tad similar for me a while ago, but it was only a $10 credit (and I thought I'd hit the jackpot), lol.

[quote name='warboss zorbag']I live out in themiddle of nowhere. The next closest best buy is an hour away.

I was satisfied with a $150 off one of the biggest holiday gifts of 2012.[/QUOTE]

It's nice they took care of you with basically a 50% discount... but still sucks they can't follow basic protocol by holding a pre-order.

[quote name='kklems']Walked into Target to get some milk, bread and eggs. Walked out $350 poorer. They still had 2 deluxe and 6 basic left.[/QUOTE]
But they don't put the video games in the grocery aisles...?

I get the stink eye from my wife every time I veer towards "that section".

"But I just want to check if they have..."

[quote name='NoMeDigas']It's nice they took care of you with basically a 50% discount... but still sucks they can't follow basic protocol by holding a pre-order.[/QUOTE]

I learned long ago not to preorder anything at the BBY's in my area. A friend of mine preordered the limited edition of a game last year and when he went to pick it up they had sold all the copies. When he told an employee that he had preordered, he was told that preordering doesn't guarantee you a copy and that you still have to go the second they open if you want your stuff. :bomb:

[quote name='Vector']I learned long ago not to preorder anything at the BBY's in my area. A friend of mine preordered the limited edition of a game last year and when he went to pick it up they had sold all the copies. When he told an employee that he had preordered, he was told that preordering doesn't guarantee you a copy and that you still have to go the second they open if you want your stuff. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
pretty much why I only preorder at gamestop because I know for sure they will hold it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back