Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mikeatris']Quick question can someone tell me how is the online aspect of the Wii yet? I am more of a multiplayer person and I do not have a game yet and I was looking at getting a game in which I could play someone online. I would hate Madden since I have it on the 360 or K13 also. I was looking at the Fifa but I heard something about it uses the Fifa 12 engine or something, plus the bugs in 13 I heard also were out of control. I don't know what game I want to get but if anyone who has played an online game on it yet how does it run, is it smooth, does it lag, etc.[/QUOTE]
The online is great so far. I can't really comment on the multiplayer of any games because that's not my thing, but there is a thriving online community, which is pretty neat. XBL and PSN simply don't compare to this in my opinion. With Miiverse, you have access to an actual community of people discussing, arranging multiplayer games, and sharing tips, drawings, and screenshots. I just love that when you open Miiverse, it takes a screenshot of whatever game you are playing at the time (hopefully they will expand upon this in the near future). Obviously, you could just go to a forum, but it's still really awesome having this built in because it's so convenient. And the way it's integrated into the Plaza is neat as well.

But like I said, I don't know yet how the actual multiplayer works. I don't know if you have to already be friends with someone or if there is matchmaking or if it's different from game to game. Hopefully someone can answer that for you.

[quote name='speedracer']But they don't put the video games in the grocery aisles...?

I get the stink eye from my wife every time I veer towards "that section".

"But I just want to check if they have..."[/QUOTE]
Give her the stink eye for shopping at a store with expensive grocery prices. (That's how it is here anyway. Their damn milk is something like $3.65 per gallon.)

[quote name='Vector']I learned long ago not to preorder anything at the BBY's in my area. A friend of mine preordered the limited edition of a game last year and when he went to pick it up they had sold all the copies. When he told an employee that he had preordered, he was told that preordering doesn't guarantee you a copy and that you still have to go the second they open if you want your stuff. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Wow. Now I'm really thankful for the Best Buy stores in my area. I've never had an issue with an in-store pickup, pre-order or not. They've always been absolutely solid.

[quote name='speedracer']But they don't put the video games in the grocery aisles...?

I get the stink eye from my wife every time I veer towards "that section".

"But I just want to check if they have..."[/QUOTE]

But they do have Doritos and Mt. Dew with the BLOPS 2 copies on an end cap in the electronics section. Just tell her you need the special "gaming" Mt Dew or chips.

Also, I just stopped by my local Target and they had 6-8 Wii U's, 3-4 of each kind.

[quote name='NoMeDigas']Wow. Now I'm really thankful for the Best Buy stores in my area. I've never had an issue with an in-store pickup, pre-order or not. They've always been absolutely solid.[/QUOTE]

I would believe it, since my BB also sucks at Preorders.

1st time:

Went to the Customer Service desk like I was told, took 10 minutes for someone to give me service, waited half an hour for them to get me a copy of Borderlands 2... ended up going to the gaming section and got them to quickly do it.

2nd time:

Went to the gaming section to get Playstation All-Stars, but the guy couldn't find it. Half an hour later, they finally find 17 copies of the game and sold it to me, though this was after I bitched out a manager and her going after the game...

Needless to say, it shouldn't take half an hour to get a preorder game.

[quote name='ZombieToast']

But like I said, I don't know yet how the actual multiplayer works. I don't know if you have to already be friends with someone or if there is matchmaking or if it's different from game to game. Hopefully someone can answer that for you.

[/QUOTE]

Sonic racing has match making and you do not need to be friends. Not sure about other games.

[quote name='warboss zorbag']Okay,awesome deal.
Swung by best buy today to pick up my second deluxe preorder. Not a flipper was for fiancees parents. Stupid ass best buy sold it to a dot com order.

Of course I got pissed. No where else in town has them. The manager helping me ended up selling me the last basic model for $150. Was hard to stay pissed with a deal like that.[/QUOTE]

Pic or it didn't happen.

[quote name='bjstucker']Do we need an actual add to get the games or is it fine with just image from the net.[/QUOTE]

They just looked it up online for me.

Thanks to all that said they scored one from Target today. Walked over to the Target near my office and they had 1 more deluxe in stock. 350$ later I now have a WiiU. Thanks Folks!

My Walmart.com Deluxe Edition Wii U was delivered today. I paid for the "rush" shipping which cost me an extra ~$18. Now the challenge of leaving it hidden in the closet until Christmas begins....

[quote name='rschauby']My Walmart.com Deluxe Edition Wii U was delivered today. I paid for the "rush" shipping which cost me an extra ~$18. Now the challenge of leaving it hidden in the closet until Christmas begins....[/QUOTE]

It might make sense to open it early, and do the updates. If they get swamped liek the launch, you could be looking at a few hours before you can actually play with it.

The gamepad also needs to be charged once you unbox it.

I'd wait till a week before, and do the update then.. they will probably release several updates by then.

[quote name='Gareee']It might make sense to open it early, and do the updates. If they get swamped liek the launch, you could be looking at a few hours before you can actually play with it.

The gamepad also needs to be charged once you unbox it.

I'd wait till a week before, and do the update then.. they will probably release several updates by then.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you don't need to charge the gamepad when you unbox it. You can just play with it plugged in with the AC adapter.

I got a call today from my Gamestop saying that I'm at the top of the wait list and I will be able to pick up my Wii U tomorrow most likely because they are getting more in. The only thing is, I already picked up my Wii U that I pre-ordered so I have no idea why I was on any wait list in the first place.

Anyway, the point is Gamestops might be getting more in within the next couple days if this person was right.

Yeah, but lets face it... who wants to be wired for the first few hours? especially on Christmas morning, where everyone wants to make thier own profile, and Mii. (And be sure to select the "use a picture" option for that, so it used the gamepad's camera!)

Went into Gamestop earlier to pick up Playstation All-Stars and saw a Basic&Deluxe version on the shelf clerk said they were waiting list orders. Now they just called to tell me my waiting list order is ready for an 8GB if I want it. Said I would pick it up tomorrow and I figured I would sleep on it.

[quote name='TwistedShade']Went into Gamestop earlier to pick up Playstation All-Stars and saw a Basic&Deluxe version on the shelf clerk said they were waiting list orders. Now they just called to tell me my waiting list order is ready for an 8GB if I want it. Said I would pick it up tomorrow and I figured I would sleep on it.[/QUOTE]

Good Choice! I got the 8GB version and honestly I prefer the Wii U in white! Anyways, I installed a 2TB WD USB HDD I had and now have around 1860GB. Get it and enjoy! :)

[quote name='Hemi']Are there any deals on External HDD for BF so that I can boost the storage of the WiiU? I got the white 8gb[/QUOTE]

plenty

My wife and I finally started playing it tonight after we got back from toys r us with are games and after we ate dinner. This system is freaking awesome!!! Mario is absolutely gorgeous and Nintendoland is a lot of fun! Totally stoked I found one today and that we decided to buy one. Definitely not regretting this purchase!!! :)

[quote name='Hemi']Are there any deals on External HDD for BF so that I can boost the storage of the WiiU? I got the white 8gb[/QUOTE]

Nintendo is selling a 75 gb drive in December becuz the system and updates takes 5 of the available space from the systems.

In other words, Basic system owners can't even download full Wii U games to their system.

Furthermore, during the call today, we were cautioned to sell our allotment of Wii U. Told to just sell sell sell cuz the waitlist didn't work as expected in our spots. we only had 1 waitlist pick-up

[quote name='Confidance']Furthermore, during the call today, we were cautioned to sell our allotment of Wii U. Told to just sell sell sell cuz the waitlist didn't work as expected in our spots. we only had 1 waitlist pick-up[/QUOTE]

Basically nobody on the wait list followed through or what?

I went by Best Buy on the way home after work and they were putting some more Wii U's out on the shelf. Granted it wasn't many, probably 3-4 Deluxe and a few basic ones. I would guess around 8 units in total. Picked one up.
Then I stopped by another BBY closer to my house and they had 2 black ones on the shelf and a few white ones. Guess they got a few more in today. So who knows how often the stores will get a few tricking in.

[quote name='confoosious']Basically nobody on the wait list followed through or what?[/QUOTE]

Only one to my knowledge of the first 20 of the 100+ total came to get theirs. Even after REPEATED calls from me and acknowledgements from the customer that they had only two days they still didn't come or express interest to get it.

Even the preorders took their sweet time.

So we were left with systems that we had to wait on people to come get so we said to hell with that.

Why as a company buy extra stuff of something that wouldn't sell.

So now we're selling to anyone, within reason. We will attempt the waitlist but....

[quote name='Mako1215']Costco will have a 3TB for $99[/QUOTE]

3TB won't work on the Wii U initially. Only up to 2 TB. Later it will allow you to use a larger drive, but will only access 2TB of it.

[quote name='crunchewy']3TB won't work on the Wii U initially. Only up to 2 TB. Later it will allow you to use a larger drive, but will only access 2TB of it.[/QUOTE]

Create a 2TB partition, and maybe the Wii U can use that?
A December update will allow the use of a 3TB.

nintendo.com/external_usb_storage

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Confidance']Only one to my knowledge of the first 20 of the 100+ total came to get theirs. Even after REPEATED calls from me and acknowledgements from the customer that they had only two days they still didn't come or express interest to get it.

Even the preorders took their sweet time.

So we were left with systems that we had to wait on people to come get so we said to hell with that.

Why as a company buy extra stuff of something that wouldn't sell.

So now we're selling to anyone, within reason. We will attempt the waitlist but....[/QUOTE]

i 100% agree with you but i can forsee later this week a ton of angry people coming in saying I PREORDERED WHERE IS MY SYSTEM or people raging over you not seeing it to them first cause they were on the waitlist even though you called repeatedly about it...

[quote name='gordojones88']Create a 2TB partition, and the Wii U can use that.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think that would work. If it does that would be a solution. Did you do this or read of it being done?

[quote name='crunchewy']
I didn't think that would work.
If it does that would be a solution.
Did you do this or read of it being done?[/QUOTE]

I don't have an extra 3TB to reformat, partition, and try it.
Nintendo says a December update will make it so.
But I suspect simply partitioning the drive might do the trick.
Regardless, it's the 3TB that usually are the ones on sale instead of the 2TB.
Otherwise, obviously just get the 2TB if currently cheaper than 3TB.

nintendo.com/external_usb_storage

Plugged in my new SeaGate Slim 500GB HDD (single USB 3 cable) and it didnt work. But my 1TB Western Digital (single USB 3 cable) worked fine. In case that helps. It seems the single cable thing works for some drives.

[quote name='gordojones88']A brand new Costco opened up near me.
Membership is $55 a year ?!
Can I get a 30 day trial?
Can I walk in and get a 1 day pass?
I don't see anything on their website.

http://www.costco.com/join-costco.html[/QUOTE]

Unless someone buys you a Costco membership, or a Giftcard that has a membership.

Also it pays for itself with all the money you save. Just started working there, and I would defiantly think about buying one myself if I didn't now that I have seen the prices they have.

[quote name='crunchewy']I put in an order at amazon for the Hori screen protector. It's backordered with unknown ship date, but as long as I get it by Xmas it will be fine.[/QUOTE]

I was also waiting for Amazon on the Hori screen protector but was surprised to find it at Toys R Us. Not listed online. B&M item #873124003901. $7.99.

I just put it on. Like all other Hori protectors, there's a 1mm gap around. I have used other brands that don't have any gap and they never cling as good around the edges.

Been playing Mario U and Tekken Tag and am absolutely loving this system. Pro Controller is awesome too - quick question:

Does anyone know if the Wii U supports installing games to external HD yet? Tekken Tag 2 installed on my 360 runs smooth as butter, loading time practically non-existent.

I wish there was an option for a Deluxe Set in white or a matte option... the Black Wii is like full of smudges and faint scratches on the gloss finish lol. Only 2 days old, my black 3DS wasn't this bad and I had it since launch.

Well, anyway I just wanted to point out to anyone who may be confused about old turtle beaches working with the wiiU, im currently using my x12+DSS with it and its working like a charm, so it may take some trial and error finding the right plugs to hook it into (i got mine hooked directly into my tv so that may be why) But from what i gather, If you you have the turtle beach DSS (or dss2?) You can get it to work. instead of going out and buying the entirely new wii u tb.

Anybody know how the WiiU ports stack up to the PS3/360 counterparts? I'm not seeing any reviews for them. Frame rates better or worse? Graphics better or worse? What's up?

Ninja Gaiden 3 is far superior to the 360/PS3 version that released earlier this year, has minor framerate hiccups which most people aren't bothered by.

Batman: Arkham City is a solid port, better in some areas worse in others.

Mass Effect 3 on WiiU is butchered don't even bother with it. EA put minimal effort into porting the game over.

Darksiders 2 is another solid port, some say the best version of the game, haven't played it myself. I played the jacked up PC version :cold:

[quote name='leungw']I was also waiting for Amazon on the Hori screen protector but was surprised to find it at Toys R Us. Not listed online. B&M item #873124003901. $7.99.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip! I'll try looking tomorrow. It's been driving me nuts not being able to open my system until I get one.

Ok... wth wii U... I was typing a message to someone... Mario will try to auto complete to (ganja) before it does to mario when your still typing it... before mario... and its the wii u.... wth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back