The winner is....

a 4th to

i have over 70 magazine subscriptions thanks to her.

I have three magazine racks at work that i fill and a table at church as well. No way I could have ever afforded to do that without her. Also makes to long shifts at work so much less tedious. Thank you 6669.

Well, my CAG, representative of CAGdom would have to be Moeity.
Now, I'd been yardsaling and going to flea markets ever since I was five or six, driving along with my parents.

I remember paying five or ten dollars for a random NES or SNES game, just because I had to buy something. I remember being a little kid, afraid to haggle on prices or anything of the sort.

More recently, I've taken up Yardsaling again, inspired last year by Moeity and EvilMax's yard sale finds, and how they were able to walk out of any given sale carrying dozens of games, a few systems, and a couple of pounds of lego's for a few Washingtons.

I never really stopped 'saling, but they helped me become smart at it.
Last saturday for example, I saw a PSOne that I'd been looking for, marked at 25 dollars. Had I not been following the Yard sales finds thread, I would have either not gotten it at all, or payed the 25 dollars.

I cashed in face 8 dollars and got it. I have to thank the Moeity, Evilmax, Snotknocker, and the rest of the greats from the Yard Sale thread, simply for being ballsy enough to lowball enough to get great deals. It inspires me to do the same, be a Cheapass, and get great deals as well.:D

A couple of votes:

-Strell for being the funniest fucker on CAG. Even when he Nintentrolls, it's usually hillarious. He's probably my favorite CAGer simply for being funny as hell.

An ode to Strell:

Every day after the sun rises
A PS3 fanboy surmises
A way to take down that rash hermit
Posting on the net with fervor and grit
Still, they cannot seize him with their insults
Harsh words he drinks down like chocolate malts
He unravels their logic with tenacity
With his unrivaled wit and assity
His name is Strell
He gives em hell
Like a ray of sunshine he grows my heart
With his lovely avatar, stolen from Mario Kart.

Thanks Strell.

-6669 for the tons of free magazines and being OMG A GIRL!!111 Seriously though, she is really the epitome of what a good CAG should be. Someone who is helpful in finding out deals, sincere in trying to help people out, and in generally a pleasant and level headed CAG in threads. Thanks for being such a not asshole in threads when there are people who, like me, can get out of line by getting pissed off at people for posting things I consider stupid and silly in threads.

-And people like joshingit for not only putting up cool contests just for the hell of it, but for also being awesome traders (thanks again for Electroplankton).

While there are a great number of people that make this site so terrific, my vote would have to go to CheapyD, for not only establishing but continuing to help keep this forum operating at such a high standard. It's especially impressive considering he is currently living in Japan.

Ill sum the thread up

icon_whatever.gif

PS all you cags make it what it is....

Mr. Joshing you should change your name to booking so you can be bookingit to determine the winner of this contest.

[quote name='6669']:O
I'm so happy now. I dont even know what to choose. :D :D :D :D :D[/quote]

Curious as to what you posted, I looked through the posts and can't seem to find yours.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Curious as to what you posted, I looked through the posts and can't seem to find yours.[/quote]

She didn't post. She was nominated a few times.

[quote name='trunks982']weird..... i thought ppl have to post in order to enter the contest.[/quote]

That's how I would interpret the rules as well. You can't deny Jessica Alba though

[quote name='6669']:O
I'm so happy now. I dont even know what to choose. :D :D :D :D :D[/QUOTE]

no need but if you get a chance let us know what you picked.

that 200 dollar capcom mech game ... steel batalion I think. Pretty sure its still in print. = P

or some other crazy priced game = P j/k

I got the game yesterday. I would like to thank joshingit for being so kind and considerate. I'd also like to thank everyone that voted for me, like TheGreat2nd, WeaponX2099, KiySeph, floormat, furyk, LarryGe, and Sejad (I hope I didn't leave anyone off there). Also, I'd like to thank my b/f for posting some of the magazine offers for me while I was at school.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Curious as to what you posted, I looked through the posts and can't seem to find yours.[/QUOTE]
I actually couldn't decide on just one person to vote for. There are so many CAGs that fit the criteria, that I couldn't vote for just one. Also, several people voted for me, and I kinda felt bad that if I ended up voting for someone different. I probably should have just posted a list of several CAGs (I had about 30) to vote for, but then I still would have left some people off that deserved to be there.

[quote name='Pookymeister']That's how I would interpret the rules as well. You can't deny Jessica Alba though[/QUOTE]
Still holding on to the Jessica Alba likeness, huh? :lol:

[quote name='floormat']no need but if you get a chance let us know what you picked.

that 200 dollar capcom mech game ... steel batalion I think. Pretty sure its still in print. = P

or some other crazy priced game = P j/k[/QUOTE]
He offered to buy me any game I wanted. I picked Obscure (a game I wanted but couldn't find or afford), which was available on his tradelist. I didn't want to make him go out of his way and spend over $50 on a game for me. I would have had a hard time accepting that. I also dont want to take advantage of anyone's generosity. He did offer to buy me any game I wanted though, I just couldn't really accept that.

[quote name='6669']Still holding on to the Jessica Alba likeness, huh? :lol:
[/quote]

I would hold on to a Jessica Alba as long as she would let me :lol:

[quote name='Pookymeister']So are you saying you look like a 12 yr old? :speaktothehand:[/QUOTE]
No, I look about 14/15, but I'm petite.

Congratulations, 6669! You're cool, so I'm glad you won.

Even if the rules were completely skewed. I should make a "zombie art" contest and determine the winner by how many times he used the word conflagrance in his mid-terms.

[quote name='Pookymeister']So are you saying you look like a 12 yr old? :speaktothehand:[/quote]
hahahaha, great use of that smiley.

bread's done
Back