The WWE 13 Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fan axxess = all the dlc, right?

also, can anyone confirm that they revamped the dreadfully overwrought menu/online/download system? it was so unnecessarily overcomplicated that I was offended by its clumsiness. so if it's still around this year...

Hmmmmmmmmm.

I may pick it up (fan axxess) for $10, and then buy the game when it hits $20-30 (which it surely will, if only for a sale, before Christmas).

I know I've said it already, but I'm pretty excited for WWE '13. I'll accept the 8.4 rating, even if it is likely a bit generous. The nostalgia factor (even if it may be watered down; Thanks Linda) should be more than enough to enhance my enjoyment of the game for a couple months.

Was it Granier or Dupree who was the ref that screwed Hogan at No Way Out? Either way, they did alright, at least as a tag team after the evil ref debut.

It was Grenier.

I think I remember reading in the summer that Maddox was finished as a wrestler and would become a full-time ref, so there's not really a wrestling career to be ruined.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm playing Hurricane Sandy all day today and tomorrow.

No trophy support. It stinks, too.[/QUOTE]

There's a patch now, it adds trophy support.

Hurricane-Horseman.gif

I admit, I'm a sucker for the Attitude Era stuff. The big main event guys? Eh. Mid-careers like Shamrock and Godfather? Day motherfuckin' one. I'm weird like that.

I'm hoping it's okay enough out to make the 2 minute trip to pick it up tomorrow, but we'll see.

Wonder if MS ponied up for that giant banner to be the Xbox version.

Lol at the crowd not reacting to that final segment. Did they really have to act like they were doing anything surprising with those teams?

GameInformer review for WWE '13 by Dan Ryckert.. the guy knows his wrestling games, so I'd trust him over anyone else. He gave WWE '12 a 5.5 last year..

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/wwe_13/b/xbox360/archive/2012/10/29/wwe-13-review.aspx

He gave WWE '13 a

Faults:
AI occasionally gets caught in odd loops. Physics for items like ring ropes and weapons are frequently wonky. A nonexistent crowd started a chant during an empty arena match. Many of the wrestlers’ faces look odd or don’t resemble their real-life counterparts. Despite these complaints, very few of them interfere with the experience as a whole.

Final word:
I’ve always pointed to 2000’s WWF No Mercy as the best wrestling game I’ve ever played, but nostalgia is certainly a factor in that. After playing WWE ‘13, I’m hard pressed to think of a more enjoyable and complete wrestling game in history.

Might pick this up very soon. Let me know how the online is. On WWE 12, playing online matches was ok, but I could never download anything. I wanted to download created wrestlers, custom rings etc. and in the couple months I had the game, I was able to connect to it about twice.

I don't know what everyone is buying WWE 13 for but I'm getting it for PS3, I prefer the PS3 for editing themes and other such things over the 360.

Also last weekend the old N64 wrestling classics were broke out in an old school multiplayer gaming session and guess what....they are still awesome! We played Wrestlemania 2000, WCW Revenge, and No Mercy and they all still held up and were awesome to play again. It really is amazing how incredibly well the gameplay in those games holds up....I just hope WWE 13 can stand alongside these 10-15 year old wrestling games and not embarrass itself lol.

What difference is there regarding editing themes on the PS3 versus the 360 version?

I am picking it up on the 360 shortly, can't wait to edit some themes in later tonight.

Curious to see how far down the rating is this week with a sizable amount of the Northeast being without power/evacuated/watching storm coverage.

I was going to grab WWE '13 day one but noticed Redbox has it available -- and with all these free game rental codes, it's time to put them to use. Maybe I'll save myself from spending $40-$50 on it this year.

Also, it's nice to see them utilize a damn "traditional" Survivor Series match this year... likely to use it as a building tool for Ryback, which I have no problem with.

I'm definitely enjoying the game so far, but I also admit I'm a nostalgia whore. Seriously, they might as well have subtitled it 'Wait, there's a current roster in this?'.

Any dreadful edits to the game? Like New Age Outlaws getting the wrong theme, or Road Dogg says "Oh you didn't know? Your patoot outghta CALL SOMEBODAAYYYYYY!!!"

you know, things like that?

IIRC, in the video THQ(?) posted on YouTube I think Road Dogg says "You betta callllll somebodayyyyy". Too lazy to check.

Just had an AMAZING Jericho/Cena match. Back and forth, crowd roaring, I'm hitting move after move, I run to the top rope and go for a drop kick.. Cena catches me, hits an FU and pins me. Typical Cena.

So freakin' awesome.

[quote name='HydroX']IIRC, in the video THQ(?) posted on YouTube I think Road Dogg says "You betta callllll somebodayyyyy". Too lazy to check.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he eliminates the word 'ass'. I'm 99% sure Billy Gunn has his Ass Man theme, though, so I don't think Road Dogg's thing was a WWE forced edit. I've seen people mention that Road Dogg became born-again at some point, so it may just be that he refuses to swear now.

Honestly, outside of people who are either dead or employed elsewhere, the biggest roster problem I have is the lack of Chyna and Steve Blackman. Which, really, that's not bad when you need to go to that level for a complaint about the roster.

I'm impressed, too, that THQ released it like this. Honestly, this is almost two seperate games in one. I'm serious when I say that I may never even touch the 'current' side of the game.

I'm not a fan of blurring out Stone Colds middle fingers. That was his staple.

I'm loving it thus far and just made it to the Stone Cold era.

[quote name='Genocidal']Curious to see how far down the rating is this week with a sizable amount of the Northeast being without power/evacuated/watching storm coverage.[/QUOTE]

I'd be shocked if RAW is above 2.0 this week to be honest.

[quote name='Scorch']What difference is there regarding editing themes on the PS3 versus the 360 version?

I am picking it up on the 360 shortly, can't wait to edit some themes in later tonight.[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge on 360 you have to stream themes from your PC using Windows Media Player while on PS3 you just copy themes over onto your HDD from a USB stick or external HD or whatever and then just select them inside the game. It works fine on 360 I'm told I just prefer the way PS3 lets you do it, which is why I buy the majority of my sports games on my PS3.

You've always had the option to play the themes off of the 360 drive. It's been that way since day one with any game that allowed it. You just have to burn them to a CD-R and rip that instead of just copying them from a thumbdrive.

[quote name='007']Honestly, outside of people who are either dead or employed elsewhere, the biggest roster problem I have is the lack of Chyna and Steve Blackman. Which, really, that's not bad when you need to go to that level for a complaint about the roster.[/QUOTE]For some reason, I thought Steve Blackman was confirmed. Gotta admit that I was disappointed when I checked out the roster page on THQ's website and didn't see him. There are a few names I would have liked to have seen from the Attitude Era side (that you didn't already mention or are in TNA), namely Sable, Marc Mero, Owen Hart (yeah, I know...), Raven, Dean Malenko, Jacqueline, Ivory, and Terri.

The day-one DLC is on the disc.:roll:

[quote name='BlueSwim']For some reason, I thought Steve Blackman was confirmed. Gotta admit that I was disappointed when I checked out the roster page on THQ's website and didn't see him. There are a few names I would have liked to have seen from the Attitude Era side (that you didn't already mention or are in TNA), namely Sable, Marc Mero, Owen Hart (yeah, I know...), Raven, Dean Malenko, Jacqueline, Ivory, and Terri.

The day-one DLC is on the disc.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Sable is surprising because of the Lesnar connection, and I admit that the rest of the women are a category that didn't get effort it could have. I would hazard to say that former Divas are not necessarily a group of people overly thrilled with WWE, though. Mero has been an outspoken critic of WWE, same with Raven. This seems to skew early Attitude, so I get the lack of Malenko, especially since it's easier to basically just ignore the Radicalz.

Actually, one of the more glaring omissions that I'd love to know the story behind? Neidhart. We get Bret, Bulldog, and Pillman, but not the final non-Owen member of the Hart Foundation? That's a little weird.

[quote name='Scorch']You've always had the option to play the themes off of the 360 drive. It's been that way since day one with any game that allowed it. You just have to burn them to a CD-R and rip that instead of just copying them from a thumbdrive.[/QUOTE]

Ah yeah that's right I totally forgot about ripping things off a CD-R. Well then it's not much more of a hassle on 360 to put things on your HDD. I guess besides ease of use the other reason I buy games like this on PS3 more is due to my lack of 360 HDD space. I still have an original 360 with a 20GB drive that I've been fighting with for years now lol. I usually rock 2-3 gigs of free space on it that I try to reserve for game demos. I have two PS3's, an 80GB and a 120GB so space is no issue for me there.

So I noticed that bestbuy.com added a free copy of DX One Last Stand when you order WWE 13 from there (DVD for Xbox 360 version and bluray for PS3 version). Has anybody picked this up from a Best Buy store today and gotten the same offer?

[quote name='DeskLaser']So I noticed that bestbuy.com added a free copy of DX One Last Stand when you order WWE 13 from there (DVD for Xbox 360 version and bluray for PS3 version). Has anybody picked this up from a Best Buy store today and gotten the same offer?[/QUOTE]

Yep. It's in the weekly ad.

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, it's totally plagiarized from one of the worst storylines of TNA this year. Totally.[/QUOTE]

Maybe WWE thinks it could pull off the storyline better than TNA did? Just a thought.

The storyline is the drizzling shits from the ground up. Maybe they can execute it better insomuch as they didn't hire a theme park "actress" who bailed mid-angle so as to avoid ruining a lucrative career as a infomercial barker, but if that's their goal, they're not exactly setting the bar high, are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back