The WWE 13 Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did. It's very similar to WWE 12. Haven't noticed a big difference in gameplay. The audio in the Attitude Era mode is really awkwardly done, but I still enjoyed the little I played it. Happy I got it (and for $39.99 thanks to Target's B2G1 Free deal).

Much to my own surprise, I bought WWE 13 thanks to the Target sale. The Giant Bomb review sort of pushed me over the edge. Hope it isn't awful.

[quote name='JP']That site gave me my new favorite GIF
00000000852.gif
[/QUOTE]

Is there a story behind that?

It seems Tyson wasn't a preorder bonus. He's in all the first-run copies.

I picked this up at Walmart today. I was torn on picking it up, but what the hell. First match I played was HBK vs Cena in an Iron Man match. Cena started getting the upper hand on me, and Otunga runs out and lays out Cena with his finisher. Then, Ryder runs out and starts fighting off Otunga. It was awesome.

Ahhh thank you. I sadly havent watched much WWE in a while. I usually read a lot of articles on it, but never seem to have the time to watch it when its on. :(

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It seems Tyson wasn't a preorder bonus. He's in all the first-run copies.

I picked this up at Walmart today. I was torn on picking it up, but what the hell. First match I played was HBK vs Cena in an Iron Man match. Cena started getting the upper hand on me, and Otunga runs out and lays out Cena with his finisher. Then, Ryder runs out and starts fighting off Otunga. It was awesome.[/QUOTE]

I am in the process of posting an ad on Craigslist to sell my 360, accessories, games, and smaller, older TV as a bundle because I have no need for my 360 since switching to PC gaming. ...And you're making me question my decision. Thanks a lot.

And, god damn, I must be old, because I consider Biker Undertaker to be a part of the newer WWE years.

Been playing WWE 13 and although it's not without its flaws (obviously), it's a lot of fun. They tweaked quite a bit to make the game a more enjoyable experience. Universe 3.0 seems to run a lot smoother, but I haven't encountered many cut scenes yet, so that's a little disappointing. The addition of statistics is a nice touch though. The game seems to have a more cinematic feel to it, especially the flow of the matches.

My biggest gripe is the return of entrance themes as the game's menu music. I swear I've heard Swagger's god awful theme a hundred times already. Another thing that I consider to be VERY upsetting is the fact that you can't edit the colors of Punk's stripes on the side of his trunks. How did they mess that up? Any color combination you do now looks out of place thanks to those stripes staying the same. Oh well, maybe it'll be patched eventually.

[quote name='Chase']I am in the process of posting an ad on Craigslist to sell my 360, accessories, games, and smaller, older TV as a bundle because I have no need for my 360 since switching to PC gaming. ...And you're making me question my decision. Thanks a lot.

And, god damn, I must be old, because I consider Biker Undertaker to be a part of the newer WWE years.[/QUOTE]

perrysaturnyourewelcome.jpg

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I love having themes as the menu music. I got so sick and tired of that same music in '12.[/QUOTE]

It's cool for like an hour, but then the same 6-7 themes start playing again. And again. And again.

As far as some of the attention to detail, there's some cool stuff that diehards will really like - the Attitude Era mode has "objectives" that you need to complete to unlock stuff. For example, the 1997 Raw match with pre-DX HHH & Michaels vs. Mankind & Undertaker had one of the three objectives "hidden" (ie sort of like a secret achivement). I knew as soon as I saw it that the hidden objective was to have Michaels hit Undertaker with a chair, and I was right (mainly remember this because it was the first time 'Taker ever really bled).

...of course, when it goes to the cutscene after you fulfill that, Undertaker isn't bleeding, just "angry."

Two steps forward, one step back. Thankfully there is blood in the game, but it's off by default.

Seems like a pretty good game though. I haven't played a WWE game since SvR 10 and this is noticably better, and has very good presentation. Still learning how the grapple system works - the tutorial stuff isn't very good for new players. It lists all the controls but doesn't do much in explaining how grappling works.

XBox Live functions are fast. Community creations flies. Downloaded several superstars and a couple of arenas.

...of course, when it goes to the cutscene after you fulfill that, Undertaker isn't bleeding, just "angry."

The chair shot busted him open on mine, and he was bleeding in the cutscene after that.

The search engine won't let me search for WWE '13, I have tried several variations, it just constantly says not found. I am referring to the main site.

I don't know if this qualifies as a spoiler. It's about the Attitude Era mode. Clicker beware.

The editing out of "F" and "Federation" from "WWF" and "World Wrestling Federation" is starting to get on my nerves in the Attitude Era mode.

Eh, first match I played with it and already ran into 2 glitches. I was playing as Team Hell No defending the titles vs Primo/Epico in a Tornado Tag Elimination Table match and throughout the whole match it kept playing Too Cool's theme in the background. Tried everything possible (including playing music from the Xbox dashboard) and couldnt find a way to stop it.

2nd glitch was Primo tried a moonsault onto Bryan while he was on a table, Bryan moved out of the way and Primo crashed into the table and instantly turned into a Stretch Armstrong and his leg twisted all the way out of the ring touching the announcers table (the impact was near the middle of the ring...).

Hopefully I dont run into any more of this cause I've never seen anything like this while playing 12.

[quote name='advanced']I don't know if this qualifies as a spoiler. It's about the Attitude Era mode. Clicker beware.

The editing out of "F" and "Federation" from "WWF" and "World Wrestling Federation" is starting to get on my nerves in the Attitude Era mode.
[/QUOTE]They obviously changed it because of the wildlife foundation. That copyright issue remains...I really don't think they could have done it...

[quote name='Blaster man']They obviously changed it because of the wildlife foundation. That copyright issue remains...I really don't think they could have done it...[/QUOTE]

Right. They're allowed to use it in archival footage (e.g., unedited footage in video releases from now on, like the nWo video or Attitude Era video coming soon), but they can't recreate it. Which probably will lead to awkward situations where they'll talk of, say, "WWE Heavyweight Champion" when they're clearly referring to an era that was WWF.

It's WWE's fault for those restrictions, since this whole situation came about when they signed a legally binding agreement w/ WWF regarding how to use the WWF letters. They signed it, then ignored it entirely. Vince McMahon perhaps figured he could do whatever he wanted on account of "free speech" or some other misguided understanding of the law.

Now they are allowed to use the archival footage, but legally have a short leash kept on them given their prior disregard for the legal agreement. Makes sense if you're the Wildlife Fund. It just stinks that the crux of their "concern" during the lawsuit period, www.wwf.com, is not used by them and is probably still being sat upon by some DNS squatter. So if they're not even *allowed* to say "WWF" on air today, it's their own fault.

I've got some GS credit I've been sitting on, on the fence about getting WWE 13.. I haven't bought a WWE game since 09, besides Legends.

[quote name='Blaster man']They obviously changed it because of the wildlife foundation. That copyright issue remains...I really don't think they could have done it...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mykevermin']Right. They're allowed to use it in archival footage (e.g., unedited footage in video releases from now on, like the nWo video or Attitude Era video coming soon), but they can't recreate it. Which probably will lead to awkward situations where they'll talk of, say, "WWE Heavyweight Champion" when they're clearly referring to an era that was WWF.

It's WWE's fault for those restrictions, since this whole situation came about when they signed a legally binding agreement w/ WWF regarding how to use the WWF letters. They signed it, then ignored it entirely. Vince McMahon perhaps figured he could do whatever he wanted on account of "free speech" or some other misguided understanding of the law.

Now they are allowed to use the archival footage, but legally have a short leash kept on them given their prior disregard for the legal agreement. Makes sense if you're the Wildlife Fund. It just stinks that the crux of their "concern" during the lawsuit period, www.wwf.com, is not used by them and is probably still being sat upon by some DNS squatter. So if they're not even *allowed* to say "WWF" on air today, it's their own fault.[/QUOTE]

Makes a lot of sense, thanks. It was just a tiny thing that bothered me. The audio in the game is terrible (like last years), but for some odd reason (nostalgia?), it was irking me. Still a fun game and game mode.

Having spent most of my unscheduled day off with the game yesterday, I have to say I'm really enjoying it. I already mentioned that I'm a mostalgia whore, and this hits just the right spot for me. Honestly, the gameplay is still the gameplay, but it's like a prettier version of 'WrestleMania 2000'. Seeing the old arenas and entrance videos with these graphics is awesome.

I've been losing interest in the games recently, which I think is because the current roster is just awful. For me, this game is a godsend. Seriously, I had an awesome X-Pac/Val Venis match yesterday. On the 360. In 2012. That's a hell of a thing.

Have they changed anything with the play control? I loathed the play control from WWE '12... so much that I sold it two days after it came out. Wish they would have stuck with the SvR controls.

WWE '13 has been a glitchy mess for me on several occasions. I've experienced:

1. A chain grapple twist and bend The Rock and John Cena in physically impossible ways before warping them to a different section of the ring.

2. Brodus Clay's entrance hang for a few seconds between the intro dialog and the music (longer than it should be, entrance became out of sync with the music).

3. The crumpled up character model of Eve Torres phasing through the ring during Bordus' in-ring dancing.

4. Zack Ryder get stuck in an unstoppable running loop after having the running Rough Ryder countered. Buttons became unresponsive aside from the start button.

5. The big one, the A.I. difficulty somehow glitched. Even though the difficulty was set on "legend" and the A.I. countering was set to almost full meters in the options, the CPU wasn't countering nearly as frequently as normal. I was getting in way too much uncountered offense. Once I went back to the Xbox 360's dashboard and re-launched the game, the problem was resolved.

The only thing that annoys me about WWE '13 so far is the fuck TON of grapple reversals. It makes the match look like a mat classic, but when you're doing Attitude Era mode and you've got Kane/Mankind reversal after reversal after reversal after reversal after ... etc ... especially annoying in those matches where you must beat someone within 2-4 minutes.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I've got some GS credit I've been sitting on, on the fence about getting WWE 13.. I haven't bought a WWE game since 09, besides Legends.[/QUOTE]

If you are still on the fence, use a free Redbox rental code (Text RENT, TRYITOUT, TRYGAMES, JUSTDANCE, SCREEN, TRYREDBOX to 727272 for 6 1-day free Game rental code).

Most kiosks have WWE '13 and Assassin's Creed III already, so it's worth the drive, IMO.

So I see a lot of people commenting on matches, music, the story, etc. But...

How's online? I only played one match in 12 and it was a glitchy disaster (My character glitched into the audience and eventually disappeared completely into blackness). And is the community section any better? I don't know how often I got kicked trying to access that damn thing.

[quote name='4thHorseman']How's online? I only played one match in 12 and it was a glitchy disaster (My character glitched into the audience and eventually disappeared completely into blackness). And is the community section any better? I don't know how often I got kicked trying to access that damn thing.[/QUOTE]

I haven't actually played a match yet, but accessing CC is lightning fast. You can filter, sort, view and download your heart out. I clicked a superstar, clicked view to check it out, clicked download and was back to the list of content in about 45 seconds., compared to 4-5 minutes on WWE '12. It's amazing.

Pretty sweet. I went to return/rebuy AC3. Guy was like nah, fuck that, I'll just ring it up and knock one off. Rang up NFS:MW at 64.19 (after tax) and discounted WWE 13 to free (also got that DX One Last Stand DVD for free as well).

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to delete layers in Create a Superstar mode? I feel like an idiot and it's giving me a headache.

Only ran into one glitch so far, had a match with a created wrestler against Christian. Christian puts me into a side headlock and the animiation looped over and over and over. Couldn't move, no response from any button presses. Restarting the match resolved the issue.

So, I was going through the Survivor Series section of Rock's Attitude Era path, and a video about the tournament came up. Not only is the WWF stuff blurred, but so are the names 'Jarrett' and 'Snow' on the bracket graphic. It's not like these guys haven't shown up in footage, so I wonder if it's something to with being used in a game.

Still, I thought it was odd.

Hell in a Cell Taker/HBK in Attitude Era mode...Kane cutscene triggered, and I go up to do use my signature move/HBK elbow off the top before I pin him.

He catches me in midair and Tombstones me for the win. Never been so satisfied to lose a match. Was very similar to that spot in their WM25 match.

[quote name='Scorch']XBox Live functions are fast. Community creations flies. Downloaded several superstars and a couple of arenas.

The chair shot busted him open on mine, and he was bleeding in the cutscene after that.[/QUOTE]

Ha! I guess I'll change my gripe from "not authentic" to "inconsistently buggy." I thought it WAS really strange because there's another cutscene later where he did bleed on mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='007']So, I was going through the Survivor Series section of Rock's Attitude Era path, and a video about the tournament came up. Not only is the WWF stuff blurred, but so are the names 'Jarrett' and 'Snow' on the bracket graphic. It's not like these guys haven't shown up in footage, so I wonder if it's something to with being used in a game.

Still, I thought it was odd.[/QUOTE]

Well they are both under contract to TNA, if that counts for anything. Also seeing wrestler's names that aren't in the game as playable characters would confuse certain people I assume. They should have simply changed the names on the brackets and nobody would have really cared.

In other news, Ludvig Borga made a list of worst UFC fighters ever.

http://www.cagepotato.com/the-50-wo...campaign=the-50-worst-fighters-in-ufc-history

[quote name='KaneRobot']Hell in a Cell Taker/HBK in Attitude Era mode...Kane cutscene triggered, and I go up to do use my signature move/HBK elbow off the top before I pin him.

He catches me in midair and Tombstones me for the win. Never been so satisfied to lose a match. Was very similar to that spot in their WM25 match.[/QUOTE]This happened to me with the diving fist drop. Your reaction mirrors mine. Can't remember having a more satisfying loss in a WWE game in a very long time.

The Special Referee match is just as much fun as it was in No Mercy. I was able to get my revenge on Kofi Kingston for him beating me in the previous match.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-DA_YOtlhU

Played some WWE 13 yesterday.

The good

The reversal system is better than WWE 12. Seeing "too fast" or "too slow" is helping me get use to timing reversals correctly.

Graphics. I was happy to see Zach Ryder looked fine after that weird looking intro he had (I blame the glasses).

Loading times are faster.

Improved menus. I'm also happy that they included a tutorial as supposed to WWE 12's one page instructions.

I was very surprised to see WM28's arena available. I figured it would be in WWE 14.

Multiplayer screens load very fast when I played against two other players.

Day 1 and some of the created players look pretty damn good. I never thought I would be playing against Chucky from Child's Play (pronounced "Chuck-E" in game) but it looked pretty great.

Commentary has vastly improved. In WWE 12, Michael Cole acted like he was watching something else and prompted wwe.com. In WWE 13, there are comments on the in-ring action.

The bad

Zach Ryder is the internet champion. He is wearing the internet title. It even says "internet champion" on screen. Yet, every announcer calls him "the WWE champion". What's up with that?

Like WWE 12, Ricardo sounds like he is in a boiler room when he is announcing Del Rio.

It would have been nice if divas can face the other WWE superstars. Sadly, Kharma vs. Santino will never happen (It bugs me on a daily basis that the WWE writers don't know what to do with Kharma. But I digress.)

I can't get the controls down for the ladder match. It tells me to hold a button one way and then again in the other direction to grab the briefcase and win, yet I keep falling off the ladder.

The objectives screen in Attitude mode is kind of annoying, even when you press "back" to minimize it. I wish it was at the bottom of the screen instead of the top.

So far, the only lag I experienced was a multiplayer match with 4 people (2 of which were community creations).

More of a nuisance, but why play Drew McIntyre's music on the menu screens if he isn't a playable character yet? And to really entice me for future DLC, they also play the theme song for
Evolution

The ugly

Is it just me or does DX Triple H look bad? When he flexes, his shoulders, neck, and head look like they are blending in creating a blur. He also looked pale.

Some community creations including a Homer Simpson that looked more like a crash test dummy.

Nevertheless, I'm having way more fun with this than I did with WWE 12. Good game.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Hell in a Cell Taker/HBK in Attitude Era mode...Kane cutscene triggered, and I go up to do use my signature move/HBK elbow off the top before I pin him.

He catches me in midair and Tombstones me for the win. Never been so satisfied to lose a match. Was very similar to that spot in their WM25 match.
[/QUOTE]

I had the exact same thing happen to me. It was wonderful

[quote name='Cage017'](It bugs me on a daily basis that the WWE writers don't know what to do with Kharma.)[/QUOTE]

They finally figured out what to do with her - they released her in July.

Ok, really nitpicking here and it's no big deal, but in Attitude Era, Jim Ross is talking about how the Undertaker has "been in WWE for 7 years now, debuting at SummerSlam" or something like that. Come on, it's bad enough the writers fucked up, how did Ross not notice? Actually he probably doesn't care.

Sucks that Catcus' music is a soundalike. At least it's a pretty close soundalike.

Man this game can be fun most of the times but I'm running into new glitches all the time. First like my post from earlier, I had the thing where someone's theme played throughout the entire match and it wouldnt stop until I restarted the game. Couple of matches later, I was using Mysterio and went for the 619 and when Rey bounced off the rope, he ran into a weird angle and got caught up in the turnbuckle. Left it there for at least 5 min before I had to quit, Rey was stucking running into the turnbuckle the entire time and my opponent was stuck perched in the middle of the rope the entire time.

Another match I grabbed a chair from under the ring and smacked my opponent in the head with it 3 times with the ref staring at me and didnt DQ me for it. Next grabbed the chair and hit the ref with it and then he DQ's me...while he's laying face first into the mat and not moving.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Ok, really nitpicking here and it's no big deal, but in Attitude Era, Jim Ross is talking about how the Undertaker has "been in WWE for 7 years now, debuting at SummerSlam" or something like that. Come on, it's bad enough the writers fucked up, how did Ross not notice? Actually he probably doesn't care.

Sucks that Catcus' music is a soundalike. At least it's a pretty close soundalike.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of announcing, is there any way to get King and JR for commentary in the 'standard' game? I'm kind of annoyed by doing matches in the old arenas and hearing Michael Cole. I mean, yeah, he was there... but still.

Haven't seen much of Cactus, but that sucks to hear. Still, at least we can edit themes, so he'll just go on my list. Already changed Hart, but I really need to change DDP's music and I'm thinking about 'fixing' the ones that are way, way too low (HBK, for example). Still, I feel like I have to change a lot less than in previous years, which is a win for a game that features a lot of old stuff.

Is DDP's theme his WWE theme and you just want to make it the WCW Nirvana ripoff?

Who else needs to have their theme changed and/or has a crappy generic them (other than Cactus)?

Recent polls have Linda McMahon down, 51-46%, against Chris Murphy.

Between the 2010 election and this years, McMahon has spent just under $100 million ($50 m in 2010, $45 m thus far in 2012) in what appears to be two losing efforts against opponents who spent $8.7 and $7.2 million, respectively.

Yeeeeeesh.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']
1031-the-hulk-2.jpg

Good job, Rock.[/QUOTE]
Somewhere John Cena is wondering what happened to his jorts.

[quote name='mykevermin']Is DDP's theme his WWE theme and you just want to make it the WCW Nirvana ripoff?

Who else needs to have their theme changed and/or has a crappy generic them (other than Cactus)?[/QUOTE]

*perks head up* Did someone say theme changes?

Other than British Bulldog and Cactus Jack, I don't think there's many themes that *need* to be changed. There's a lot that I want to change, though.

DDP (switched from WWE theme to WCW theme)
Shane McMahon
Stephanie McMahon
Eddie Guerrero (from Latino Heat to Lie, Cheat, Steal)
Edge (from On This Day/Alter Bridge version to his original YTYKM theme)
New Age Outlaws (Add in "Your ass better call somebody")
Acolytes (I know, they're not the APA yet, but I'm going to make them have the theme)

I also want to see if they let us change the theme that plays after someone wins. If they do, I'm adding Mankind's original exit theme.

[quote name='mykevermin']Recent polls have Linda McMahon down, 51-46%, against Chris Murphy.

Between the 2010 election and this years, McMahon has spent just under $100 million ($50 m in 2010, $45 m thus far in 2012) in what appears to be two losing efforts against opponents who spent $8.7 and $7.2 million, respectively.

Yeeeeeesh.[/QUOTE]
:rofl: That's great. Vince must be pissed.

Double ouch moment - the most recent poll that has Murphy over 50% and McMahon 5 points down? A Rasmussen poll; which, if you follow politics and understand polling methodology at all, you will know that Rasmussen tends to overstate Republican candidates (I'm saying that's part of their flawed survey technique, not necessarily an overt bias issue).

If Rasmussen is saying McMahon is doomed, then she be doomed for sure.

Can we get the Attitude Era video delayed three months so they can add back in all the good stuff they planned on leaving out if she won?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back