The WWE 13 Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted on the 360 board, but any of you guys up for playing WWE 13? Who knows how the lag will be, but I figure it's worth a shot. Gamertag is Ultimate Matt X if anyone is interested.

I'm so happy that everyone's been enjoying the video! :D Thanks for mentioning that someone posted it on Reddit, Chase. I don't usually check Reddit, so I would have missed it if you hadn't said so.

[quote name='BlueSwim']I'm so happy that everyone's been enjoying the video! :D Thanks for mentioning that someone posted it on Reddit, Chase. I don't usually check Reddit, so I would have missed it if you hadn't said so.[/QUOTE]

I'm morbidly curious if it'd be even funnier with Mark Henry and The Great Khali in place of Rhodes and DiBiase

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']I'm morbidly curious if it'd be even funnier with Mark Henry and The Great Khali in place of Rhodes and DiBiase[/QUOTE]

I'm morbidly curious if you're ever going to get on Twitter again

Was playing Attitude Era mode and got to the Rock vs. Mankind Halftime Heat match and was wondering
if anybody else heard the sort of tribute to WWF Attitude with the crowd chants?

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']I'm morbidly curious if it'd be even funnier with Mark Henry and The Great Khali in place of Rhodes and DiBiase[/QUOTE]

Randy would probably be making out with Khali's nipples. :puke: Man, WWE '13 is such a train wreck. I, literally, cannot advance past one particular chapter of the "Brothers of Destruction" portion of the Attitude Era mode because the Undertaker and Paul Bearer keep getting stuck while grappling. It really needed a few more months in the oven. It's a glorified beta and never should have shipped in this condition. Excuse me while I go double-check to see if the name "Acclaim" is on the cover of WWE '13...

Just got to the Mankind chapter. I hated all of the
time limits
in the Great One chapter. I was able to clear it really quick, but it seemed too rushed. It was also the least fleshed out of all the ones I've seen so far, since
it mostly takes place at Survivor Series Deadly Games
. I guess that's how it happened though, so I hope to see more of the Rock in the Mankind chapter.

Bugs are starting to stand out more to me, but I'm willing to look past them. The weird audio bugs are pretty awful though.

Whew. I haven't spent that much time with a wrestling game in one sitting since Firepro Returns came out in English.

Right off the bat, I decided to do a King of the Ring tournament to unlock Booker T (before I realized that the Fan Axxessseessxxxx thing unlocks everything). I stuck 8 guys into the tournament with myself as Mankind at #1. I beat Golddust to advance and the next two matches were nothing too special, just CPU vs CPU set to the quick match setting. The last match of the first round was out of this world. It was HBK vs. Lesnar and they just went back and forth (despite it being set on quick) for ages. At one point, Lesnar went to the top rope only to have Shawn nail him with the superkick while Lesnar jumped. Lesner went down hard and rolled out of the ring. Shawn chased him and ran right into an F5 on the outside. The finish finally came after a bloody Lesnar ate his third superkick of the match. It was one of the best CPU vs CPU matches I've seen in a long time.

I'm still a bit confused by Universe mode. Do I just pick matches that I want to participate in and go to town?

I just watched the intro to Attitude Era mode. I'll get into that some tomorrow.

So far though, I'm very happy that I caved. Between this and Darksiders 2, I really hope THQ stays in business. They deserve it for at least a little while based on those two games.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Excuse me while I go double-check to see if the name "Acclaim" is on the cover of WWE '13...[/QUOTE]

Or worse yet....

ljn.gif

[quote name='Demolition Man']Or worse yet....

ljn.gif
[/QUOTE]

Oh man if you are making fun of the 16 bit era wrestling games we will go to war my friend!!! WWF Royal Rumble for Snes took up hours upon hours of my life. What's next, someone going to trash WWF Steel Cage!!! Aaarrggghhh this is my childhood damnit!!!

I bought WWF Raw (SNES) off of eBay a few months back. Doesn't hold up very well, but still fun to play when I want a blast from the past.

Overall I'm glad I bought the game. The Attitude Era mode reminded me of a lot of shit that went down that I had forgot about. There was one match and it's conditions that pissed me the hell off. Took me almost an hour to get it completed. I had everything else in Attitude Era cleared out except that. I doubt it needs spoilered but
that fucking match between Road Dogg and Chris Jericho where you have to put Road Dogg through the table, fucking ref kept moving it. Then when I tried it outside it kept collapsing the table instead of breaking it.
I about threw my damn controller. Infuriating.

I tried that the first few times and it would either not register or the ref would be moving it. Never failed.

I'm glad that if you choose the APA outfits the APA theme plays. I wasn't looking forward to ripping music to my 360 to fix that. Am I the only one who finds humor in a triple threat match between Hunter Hearst Hemsley, Triple H '99 and Triple H? I was cracking up while playing that match.

[quote name='Scorch']Still have my copy of Rage in the Cage..[/QUOTE]

"FROM THE AISLE OF SAMOA....Headshrinker....FA-TU!"

"BUUUU PU!!!!!!!!! EEEE-TA TA TA. YAHHH! YAHHH! YAHHH!"

------

If anyone is online and in the creations section on 360, puh-leeze rate my Dan Severn so I can get the achievement (pretty sure it's the only one out there, can find it by searching keyword UFC). Will be glad to do the same for you in return.

Then try it, I actually put some time into the moveset to be pretty damn accurate. Even gave him that arm/leg strech thing he used during his WWF run as a specialty move.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm morbidly curious if you're ever going to get on Twitter again[/QUOTE]

Yes, I switched back to an OLD iphone and haven't downloaded the update to it yet, sorry.

I started Austin's part of the Attitude Era this morning (The Royal Rumble). HHH was the last guy and I simply could not eliminate him. I hit him with 5 Signatures and 5 Trademarks and everytime I threw him into the corner and initiated a grapple he would counter. Each time I threw him into the ropes and grabbed him he would go over the top rope and slide under the bottom one. After he hits me with a few strikes and I'm resting against the ropes for a brief moment he grapples me and simply tosses me over the top with zero chance of me countering in any way. Talk about frustrating.

The last guy on my game was The Rock and it took me forever to eliminate him. It wasn't frustrating to me, just epic.

Good to hear you're okay, was worried because you hadn't updated in a while!

Re: Royal Rumble

Just get a Finisher stored (which is simple with Austin, taunt the double bird like crazy), irish whip or grapple/strike them into the corner, and initiate your Finisher in the corner when it gives you the option. The corner finisher during the Royal Rumble CANNOT be reversed and is usable by everyone in the game. Kind of game breaking (for that match, anyway) but it's a simple way to fly past that portion of the game.

Jay Lethal vs. Davey Richards
from this week's Ring Of Honor TV show was absolutely amazing. 20+ minute match. Needless to say, far better than the E's weekly offerings. Go out of your way to watch it.

Also, my Mom saw Mark (I believe) Briscoe while she was passing through the living room and thought he "looked like a monkey". :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='snakemaster2389']i just wwe 13 now from gamefly, its pretty cool. love attitude era stuff. is the fan axxess pass worth it?[/QUOTE]

I think it's worth it. I dont have the time to go through Universe to unlock every single thing so I'll just pay to get all the hidden wrestlers. Plus I'll get future DLC for free for guys like Cesaro, Ryback, etc and DDP being fan axxess only is a little icing on the cake.

[quote name='BlueSwim']
Jay Lethal vs. Davey Richards
from this week's Ring Of Honor TV show was absolutely amazing. 20+ minute match. Needless to say, far better than the E's weekly offerings. Go out of your way to watch it.[/QUOTE]

To be clear, that match is actually the 6-way Survival of the Fittest finals and those guys are the final two remaining. I spoilered it in case someone wants to keep the final two a surprise (it couldn't hurt to spoiler your post, BS. Just a suggestion.). Regardless, I completely agree. It was a great match and absolutely worth watching even if one doesn't watch ROH.

EDIT: BS? Wait, that doesn't work very well. :lol:

Digging deep into the Community Creations in the game is a joy unlike any I have experienced since I used to browse through the bottom 200 of the PWI 500 every year. Laughed outloud at total garbage uploaded there..."The Grape Khali," and "Small X-Mas Kane" (exactly what you'd think it is) have been random favorites, as have poorly spelled offerings like "Crut Hennig" and "Dan Savern." The Gorton's Fisherman also makes an appearance (as "Gorton's Fisherman," oddly enough).

This is definitely my favorite though. SIMPLE AND ELEGANT. I'm tempted to use him in a custom storyline, but I don't think I'd do him justice.

xNZGA.jpg

[quote name='neocisco']To be clear, that match is actually the 6-way Survival of the Fittest finals and those guys are the final two remaining. I spoilered it in case someone wants to keep the final two a surprise (it couldn't hurt to spoiler your post, BS. Just a suggestion.). Regardless, I completely agree. It was a great match and absolutely worth watching even if one doesn't watch ROH.

EDIT: BS? Wait, that doesn't work very well. :lol:[/QUOTE]
:lol: If there's one good thing to the BS initials, it's that I have my own personal gif here on CAG; :bs:

I didn't know that the participants were a spoiler (don't remember to watch ROH often). I'll edit my post ASAP. :cool:

Posted a pretty f'ing random theme pack I'm using in the WWE '13 thread on the 360 forum, if anyone is looking to freshen some stuff up.

Got to see Billy Gunn tonight in person. It was pretty awesome to see, but I'm sad that he came out to the DX music and not his particular theme, but that's not a super huge deal. The guy can still hold his own in the ring. At one point, he landed on his knee awkwardly and sold it like an injury. We all thought it was legit until he came running back to the ring to give his team the win. This month's theme was Survivor Series style tag matches and of course his team won.

Next month's guest is none other than Matt Hardy. Oh boy.

[quote name='BlueSwim']:lol: If there's one good thing to the BS initials, it's that I have my own personal gif here on CAG; :bs:

I didn't know that the participants were a spoiler (don't remember to watch ROH often). I'll edit my post ASAP. :cool:[/QUOTE]

It wasn't a spoiler who's in the match, just who the final two are. Semi-spoiler, really, but whatever. Better safe than sorry when it comes to spoilers IMO.

[quote name='neocisco']To be clear, that match is actually the 6-way Survival of the Fittest finals and those guys are the final two remaining. I spoilered it in case someone wants to keep the final two a surprise (it couldn't hurt to spoiler your post, BS. Just a suggestion.). Regardless, I completely agree. It was a great match and absolutely worth watching even if one doesn't watch ROH.[/QUOTE]

Actually....

ROH this week is a "Road Rage" eiditon which has the Richards/Lethel match from Glory By Honor XI on the broadcast.

The constant countering in WWE '13 is so annoying. I'm getting the timing down, but the matches feel like there's far, FAR too much focus on countering. All of the countering, from both ends, makes me zone out and lose concentration on the match.

I feel like vomiting whenever the AI counters my counters, and I swear to God they counter 75% of all of my offense. :lol:

I suspect there are countering savants online, so I'm gonna hold off on that 'til I refine my countering skills.

[quote name='Brak']The constant countering in WWE '13 is so annoying. I'm getting the timing down, but the matches feel like there's far, FAR too much focus on countering. All of the countering, from both ends, makes me zone out and lose concentration on the match.

I feel like vomiting whenever the AI counters my counters, and I swear to God they counter 75% of all of my offense. :lol:

I suspect there are countering savants online, so I'm gonna hold off on that 'til I refine my countering skills.[/QUOTE]

Have you messed with the CPU countering sliders at all? I played some local MP with my brother and a couple friends last night. We had to do quite a lot of adjusting of the general sliders, but we eventually got it where we weren't countering very many moves and it was really playable.

Before adjusting the sliders, it was nothing but a counter-fest. :twoguns:

Somebody in the E should do a tribute to the 13 counter system; A full match of nothing but counters until the finish. Punk and Bryan would be my go to guys for this assignment.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Actually....

ROH this week is a "Road Rage" eiditon which has the Richards/Lethel match from Glory By Honor XI on the broadcast.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't even think about that. If BlueSwim was referring to the actual broadcast then I'm in the wrong. I don't get the broadcast in my area so I watch the show on their site. The Road Rage edition doesn't go up until tomorrow so I just assumed he was referring to the SotF match. Looks like I goofed. Sorry about that, BlueSwim.

GameStop gave me $20 for the copy of WWE 12 I just grabbed from Gamefly for $10, so I went ahead and picked up '13. Hopefully it'll be worth it.

[quote name='neocisco']I didn't even think about that. If BlueSwim was referring to the actual broadcast then I'm in the wrong. I don't get the broadcast in my area so I watch the show on their site. The Road Rage edition doesn't go up until tomorrow so I just assumed he was referring to the SotF match. Looks like I goofed. Sorry about that, BlueSwim.[/QUOTE]No worries, man!:cool: If CrankyVince is to be believed, Jack Swagger is the "pussy boy" who asked for his release.

Jack Swagger would be a very nice acquisition for TNA.

I'm gonna call Jericho joining TNA in 2013. He'll be able to do his music, acting and other media, and will be able to have Fozzy as his entrance music. Most importantly, he'll have the chance of pushing TNA closer to being able to contend WWE, adding longevity to the business.
[quote name='bg88']Have you messed with the CPU countering sliders at all? I played some local MP with my brother and a couple friends last night. We had to do quite a lot of adjusting of the general sliders, but we eventually got it where we weren't countering very many moves and it was really playable.

Before adjusting the sliders, it was nothing but a counter-fest. :twoguns:[/QUOTE]
I wasn't aware that it could be adjusted - I'll have to give it a look. Thanks!

I agree with you on everything except the last point. How many times has a guy left WWE to join TNA and we've all said "This is going to be the guy to make TNA relevant"? Then they usually give TNA a small ratings bump (if any) and it's business as usual again. I dunno. Maybe WWE has finally gotten bad enough for it to matter. But it's the old Fool me once saying, to me.

That last point was more from Jericho's point of view, really. I think that opportunity would be alluring to him.

If you think about it: Jeff Hardy and Kurt Angle were huge acquisitions for TNA, but left WWE under shady circumstances. They could be scoffed at as "WWE rejects" or "druggies"... but Jericho, not so much. Jericho's career is going up and up, really. He tactfully takes time off and changes his persona to stay fresh and remain relevant.

He'd be an acquisition like no other.

I think Kevin Nash said it best, if TNA wants to compete with WWE, they need to sit away $5 million dollars and sign John Cena. Even though I can't stand Cena, his name and all his loyal fans would draw big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back