The WWE 13 Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you haven't watched NXT this week... You may want to.

Kassius Ohno (I felt so gay typing that) vs. Trent Baretta

Big E Langston in action!

Bray Wyatt returns.... With Brodie Lee!

Leakee appears... As the love child of Bobby Roode & Leo Kruger!

[quote name='mitch079']Check stubhub.

Vince admitted to cheating on Linda in a Playboy interview years ago.

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?23557-Vince-McMahon-s-Playboy-2001-interview[/QUOTE]

Ummmm...

"Anyway, I remember the two of us being so curious about each other's bodies but not knowing what the hell to do. We would go into the woods and get naked together. It felt good. And for some reason I wanted to put crushed leaves into her. Don't know why, but I remember that. I don't remember the first time I had intercourse, believe it or not."

I'm laughing so hard for the dumbest reason.

WWE has added some clips to their YouTube channel that show the WWF scratch logo in plain sight, as well as WWF being said plain as day on commentary. Sad but true: giddy, I am.

Goddamn Luke Gallows. Happy to see him getting some actual face time now. Was getting worried at some point they'd just say fuck it and replace him with Crimson or Morgan and pretend he didn't exist.

I hope TNA puts the belt on Joey Ryan at the ppv Sunday night. Rename it the XXX Division or something along those lines. Plus Aries/Hardy ladder match for the world title will be the shit. I'm gonna bite on WWE 13 for $25, so far walmart has the best black friday deals this year.

[quote name='guyver2077']Looks good. Highly recommended pickup at that price.

Anyone know how last year they were able to get the actual photos of the wrestlers in the community creations sections? Thought that was bad ass and wondering if we'll see that in 13[/QUOTE]

It involved hacking the game and THQ started to crack down on it towards the end of WWE 12's life cycle, so I wouldn't be surprised if they put something in this year to prevent it.

[quote name='mitch079']Drew McIntyre's mom passed away. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/juftdv[/QUOTE]So sad to hear this, especially since she's younger than my mom. Hope Drew and his family are doing okay.

THQ has confirmed that the infrequency of two counts in WWE '13 is a bug. Have to be honest, this game is a nightmare to review.

[quote name='Tsel']It involved hacking the game and THQ started to crack down on it towards the end of WWE 12's life cycle, so I wouldn't be surprised if they put something in this year to prevent it.[/QUOTE]

awwww man!

[quote name='JJSP']I'm all over a $25 WWE '13.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if the $35 is worth me returning my unopened copy and dealing with WalMart on Black Friday. Right now, I'm leaning towards not worth it. It's likely these won't be first run copies either so I'd miss out on Tyson too... decisions, decisions. :whistle2:k

[quote name='BlueSwim']So sad to hear this, especially since she's younger than my mom. Hope Drew and his family are doing okay.

THQ has confirmed that the infrequency of two counts in WWE '13 is a bug. Have to be honest, this game is a nightmare to review.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I can't even understand how it got to retail with this many technical problems. I'm almost done with my review, and it's looking like a 7 is about as high as I'm willing to give it.

[quote name='Genocidal']I don't know if the $35 is worth me returning my unopened copy and dealing with WalMart on Black Friday. Right now, I'm leaning towards not worth it. It's likely these won't be first run copies either so I'd miss out on Tyson too... decisions, decisions. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Mike Tyson DLC is like 2.99-4.99 on eBay, just a heads up.

[quote name='guyver2077']awwww man![/QUOTE]

Don't take my word for it. I just know that because I used to be a moderator over at CAWs.ws and there was a huge fiasco because we allowed the posting of hacked CAWs and all that, but we didn't allow the members to discuss the process of hacking. It was one big argument that resulted in a lot of pissed off members. I could be wrong, but I think the guy who creates the hacking program said he wasn't going to be doing it for '13. Not positive though.

That NWO DVD they just brought out is incredibly underwhelming, as far as the documentary part. It adds next to nothing to the DVD that came out like 10 years ago (and features plenty of the same interviews from that disc). The only notable new stuff for me was they tracked down Billy Kidman for some quotes (you know, since he was a central part of the NWO storyline), and Joe Hennig is featured several times as Joe Hennig, not Michael McGillicutty.

[quote name='HydroX']Billy Kidman works as a road agent I believe. They constantly rib him on Are You Serious?[/QUOTE]

My favorite anything about WWE, right now, is "Are You Serious?" One of their most recent episodes completely rips WWE. Nothing uncommon for AYS, but they really hit hard in that episode. Sorta shocking, though I'm glad to see that WWE doesn't completely control the message in those videos. It's bad enough that they ask people to use the hash tag "WCWRuinsEverything." No, WWE, that was you when you bought out your competition, killing pro wrestling in North America.

Dude, WCW was pants-on-head retarded for the last 1 1/2 to 2 years that they existed. They literally deserved to go out of business. Not because all the people that worked there were bad or anything, but because they made such terrible business/booking decisions.

1. Russo as champion
2. Jeff Jarrett as champion
3. Douchebag from Scream as champion
4. The KISS Demon
5. That 70's Guy Mike Awesome
6. Tank Abbot
7. 3 Count
8. Kwee Wee
9. Judy Bagwell on a pole
10. etc, etc, etc...

I realize that every wrestling company that exists for any serious length of time is going to have ups and downs. I also realize that WWE has had some serious downs over the last... whew, ten years? But the concentration of badness in WCW at the end was breathtaking. I would have been all for them pulling through as opposed to getting bought out but their survival would have been a charity; 21st century WCW was unbearable.

In all of your listing, how did you forget David Arquette? :lol: That stood out the most to me as "Wow. This is really bad." It was :puke: bad.

Hey now, I take offense to the Mike Awesome mention. That 70s Guy and The Fat Chick Thrilla were downright hilarious to watch.

That's not to say I didn't legit feel bad for the guy being saddled with that horseshit, but he pulled them off nicely.

WCW left this world in 1998, or, at latest, 1999. Every year after 1998 didn't exist. I will say, though, that during the Clusterfuck era they did some good things, including a Cruiserweight tag division. But yeah, there was a ton of shit that went wrong during the last few years. Toss in the AOL merger with Time Warner, and WCW had little chance to survive as we knew it. However, sometimes, people rise to greatness under duress. No idea who would have risen to lead WCW out of the depths of doom, but who knows.

I would have rather seen ECW go bankrupt and WCW reduce itself down to TNA levels than WWE buy both companies. Monopolization of pro wrestling in North America has not been good for the industry. Given the prominence of technology in today's world, I wish territories were still a prominent aspect of pro wrestling. 'Twould have been fun.

The TNA house show I went to last night: Two member of Aces & Eights vs. Anderson and Kennedy. Without a doubt, one of the Aces & Eights guys was Gut Check winner Sam Shaw. I'm 90% certain the other guy was Knox.

I actually enjoyed WCW before they went out of business. A lot more entertaining than WWE's product in the past 2 years.

I don't know about that. I've tried to go back and watch Nitros and Thunders in 2000 before and they are awful.

[quote name='pimpster4183']I actually enjoyed WCW before they went out of business. A lot more entertaining than WWE's product in the past 2 years.[/QUOTE]

Anything is better than WWEs product. At least it makes money though.

That nWo DVD made me lose all sorts of respect for Cody Rhodes, whose favorite moments from the nWo were Dennis Rodman, Karl Malone stuff and the Jay Leno stuff. Sickening to hear any pro wrestler say they enjoyed that nonsense.

[quote name='Halo05']Dude, WCW was pants-on-head retarded for the last 1 1/2 to 2 years that they existed. They literally deserved to go out of business. Not because all the people that worked there were bad or anything, but because they made such terrible business/booking decisions.

1. Russo as champion
2. Jeff Jarrett as champion
3. Douchebag from Scream as champion
4. The KISS Demon
5. That 70's Guy Mike Awesome
6. Tank Abbot
7. 3 Count
8. Kwee Wee
9. Judy Bagwell on a pole
10. etc, etc, etc...

I realize that every wrestling company that exists for any serious length of time is going to have ups and downs. I also realize that WWE has had some serious downs over the last... whew, ten years? But the concentration of badness in WCW at the end was breathtaking. I would have been all for them pulling through as opposed to getting bought out but their survival would have been a charity; 21st century WCW was unbearable.[/QUOTE]

In David Arquette's defense I do remember reading that he was 100% against the idea of him being champion and actually donated the majority if not all of his WCW pay to the families of a few deceased wrestlers. (Owen and Kidman come to mind if I recall, there were a few others)

With TNA working over dirtsheets and the IWC, I'm beginning to wonder if Scott Steiner will be revealed as a puppetmaster of Aces & Eights. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']In David Arquette's defense I do remember reading that he was 100% against the idea of him being champion and actually donated the majority if not all of his WCW pay to the families of a few deceased wrestlers. (Owen and Kidman come to mind if I recall, there were a few others)[/QUOTE]

Doesn't mean it was one of the worst wrestling storylines ever.

[quote name='Brak']With TNA working over dirtsheets and the IWC, I'm beginning to wonder if Scott Steiner will be revealed as a puppetmaster of Aces & Eights. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

That would be pretty neat.

And the more this angle develops, the more I'm a fan.

Brutal, hyperrealistic beatdown with a ball-peen hammer. I cannot recall ever seeing anything like that. TNA deserves some praise for pulling that out of their hat.

Enough of the "Arquette was the worst thing WCW ever did" bullshit. It was bad, but Russo as champion was far worse. So much absolute garbage gets overlooked when people talk about WCW's last couple of years. People forget about Stacy Keibler giving birth to a bunch of 8x10s. Sting being attacked by Rick Steiner's dogs. Sting being lit on fire and tossed off the big screen through the stage. Bill Goldberg accused of raping Elizabeth. Rick Steiner arguing with Chucky. NWO 2000 having no logic or direction behind it. The Outsiders having a "match" where terrifyingly endowed strippers shoved their tits in their faces for what seemed like an eternity. Intentionally poorly edited "Kid-Cam" segments in the back that were supposed to make it seem like the show was falling apart. You know, just because.

All of these things were either far more tasteless, far more asinine, or far more detrimental to business.

Arquette was a fairly poor attempt at a mainstrem publicity stunt that lasted 2 weeks, and as already mentioned, all the money he got from it went to a good cause. Not exactly the end of the world.

--------------

I'm so sick of WWE 13's bugs. Just so many little things that add up to a big annoyance. Had my CAW at 4 ratings (1 away from the achievement), and this morning I log on and it's just gone. Nowhere on the servers. Same with the moveset I uploaded for him. I hope this is temporary, but with the way things have been going with people getting their online rank randomly reset, I'm not holding my breath. Giant Bomb featured my custom story on their weekly Thursday show this week, so I'm hoping maybe people download and rate that instead if my CAW doesn't return.

A bunch of weird bugs in story editor mode, too. I just want to make Vader look like he's singing, is that too much to ask? Every time I add any audio it changes his fucking fat face back to default emotion. Plus adding any crowd reaction (cheering, booing, chanting, whatever) is useless, as it's so quiet it barely makes a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a 608 MB update patch last night for WWE 13. Any ideas what that large of a patch has in it? That's a boatload of glitch fixing.

[quote name='Brak']With TNA working over dirtsheets and the IWC, I'm beginning to wonder if Scott Steiner will be revealed as a puppetmaster of Aces & Eights. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Well, if you wanted to give A&8 that real unpredictable edge, put Scott Steiner in there on a live mic.

[quote name='mingleje']Got a 608 MB update patch last night for WWE 13. Any ideas what that large of a patch has in it? That's a boatload of glitch fixing.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it doesn't do all that much if I remember correctly. It's 618mb on the PS3 because of the dumb update structure on that platform, it's only 5mb on the 360 lol. I have the game on PS3 because I like the process of putting custom themes on the PS3 better than the 360 but when I saw the sizes of the patch I had some regrets lol. Luckily unlike most of my PSN downloads the patch was a pretty quick download.

[quote name='Chase']That would be pretty neat.

And the more this angle develops, the more I'm a fan.

Brutal, hyperrealistic beatdown with a ball-peen hammer. I cannot recall ever seeing anything like that. TNA deserves some praise for pulling that out of their hat.[/QUOTE]
I'm digging Gallows' new name.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but I have a feeling Jesse Neil is a member of Aces, as well.

[quote name='Brak']I forgot to mention this earlier, but I have a feeling Jesse Neil is a member of Aces, as well.[/QUOTE]

That would make sense. I mean hell, biker gangs don't let their members starve on food stamps. They make way to much money selling crystal meth.

[quote name='cgarb84']I don't know much about that game other than what I saw on the Steam Greenlight page for it. What's the controversy about?[/QUOTE]

Dudes be crying like bitches with skinned knees about it b/c it looks like shit.

Austin Aries with the line of the year.. after using the controls to raise the belts so Hardy can't grab them, yells out "fuuuckk yoouuu!!! You won't ever get those fuucckin belts!!" hahaha.. bad ass maint event, had some sick spots.

I was indeed referring to David Arquette as the "douche from Scream". I couldn't remember his name at the moment and couldn't be arsed to look it up at the moment. I do remember that he was opposed to the angle but at the same time, no one held a gun to his head and told him to hold up the WCW Championship.

I stick by my assertion that late-era WCW was worse than current WWE. It might not be by a mile but WWE does indeed benefit from the fact that they're the only big-time wrestling promotion in the US at the moment.

Thanks to you all for reminding of some of WCW's other greatest hits towards the end there. I still take no pleasure in the it, the antics that WCW inflicted on the wrestling industry were humiliating for everyone involved. From the company itself all the way down to the fan, it made wrestling look bad.

What else...

I currently have the nWo blu ray on in the background and while it may be recycled material, I don't own the old nWo DVD so it's all new to my library so that's cool. I haven't watched the documentary yet, I'm just working through the first disc's "special features". The Syxx vs. Bounty Hunter "match" demonstrated the "too big to fail" attitude of Hall and Nash during the heyday of the nWo/WCW.

TL;DR - It was a good idea but any business venture needs to be founded on a series of good ideas.

I've been busy the past few days, hope you all had a good weekend.

Just because I find the idea of worst-product fun to talk about, wasn't 2006 particularly bad? I remember it just being a draaaawl. I know late-WCW was really boring, and it felt like a chore to get through a show, but I seem to recall 2006 being really bad for some reason.

If you want to talk about shitty product, you should discuss damn near everything in current WWE. From the crappy on air material to the lame internet shows that are supposed to be funny, it makes anything you guys shit on in WcW look decent to damn good. Hell at least WcW did try some semi original shit, even if it didn't go over well. WWE is currently ripping off ideas from TNA, and TNA talent are clowning them for doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back